100 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stregaprime.com/
- Phone: 7819333333x
- Hours of Operation:
NEW!!! SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday
Lounge is open daily until 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Farouk Bazoune
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Strega Prime has multiple Private Dining spaces. Please call 781-933-6688 or email Jill at Jill@thevaranogroup.com for more info!
- Private Party Contact: Jill Lanza 781-933-6688x
- Entertainment: Sinatra Sunday Brunch with Joey Canzano!
- Special Events: Let us plan your next event! Our professional staff will exquisitely execute your special occasion, leave the details to us!
Please inquire about our event promotions happening through out the summer! Contact Jill at 781-933-3333 or email, Jill@thevaranogroup.com.
A word from Strega Prime
Nick Varano, owner of Strega, Strega Waterfront, and Nico Ristorante in the Boston area is opening a new high-end Italian steakhouse in Woburn where he wants "everyone to feel like a celebrity." The expansive 352-seat space (312-seats indoors/ 40-seats outdoors) features Strega’s signature sleek design and décor with brilliant light fixtures and deep woods throughout the interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Strega Prime - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Strega Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)romantic (93)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (91)good for groups (75)vibrant bar scene (60)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (37)great for outdoor dining (28)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Strega Prime another Winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Another creation from Nick Varano and in his persuit of quality food, elegant dining, and superior service he had created another master piece! Wait staff is attentive, knowledgable and friendly (not stuffy) and made us feel welcomed. A large selection of steaks but also creative dishes with fish, chops, lamb, and italian dishes. I recommend the steak tartare for an app, the Chilean sea bass (if you aren't in the mood for steak) and if you have room, the zeppoles for dessert! We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- Upscale. Fabulous food.eatwellDined on 9/26/2014Fabulous food and fantastic service. Elegant atmosphere. Fun bar area oriented to the professional.Special Features:
- Classy Night OutGregVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed a birthday dinner. The ambience is outstanding and worthy of a special night out. We order the prime sirloin with was huge and very tasty, and the veal chop that was excellent. Service was attentive and pleasant. Go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excessive "Up-Selling"KSawVIPDined on 9/24/2014We were a party of 4 out for a special dinner. We were seated in the corner which was so dark I had to use my phone flashlight to read the menu. Waiter tried to up sell us from the start on the Seafood Tower. When he mentioned they had Kumomoto Oysters, we ordered 18, not the tower. When the oysters came, it was clear they were not Kumomoto. he apologized and offered to take off 1/3 of the $. When we chose the wine ($90), he suggested that we not order that bottle, but another bottle which was $120, or another that was $140. I enjoy Strega Waterfront regularly, but probably will not be back to Strega Prime, whereas the service is far superior at the Captial Grillle and the new DelFrisco's in Burlington.
- just having lunchGrandmasandyDined on 9/23/2014loved the food restaurant the sirloin steak was by far the best i ever had. the prix fixed lunch is a fantastic deal. i always order that when i come to the restaurant. service fantastic. love the restaurant. always come thee when i am in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Second time we've met friends for dinner and we all enjoyed it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was fantastic and we didn't feel rushed at all during the nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary disappointmentCoolBreezeDined on 9/19/2014Last year we dined at Strega for our anniversary.It would have been deemed "outstanding".Repeated the experience this year and unfortunately were very disappointed. We were seated at a table in direct line with the front door.It was a cool evening and every time the door opened we felta cool breeze.We ordered from the wine list and the popular item we ordered was "out of stock".It took a while to get the substituted wine. Last year's meal was outstanding--the best steak I had in a long time,the calamari and truffle fries were excellent. Not the case this year.The steak was good not great,the fries were cold,not crispy,the calamari was very good.The service had fallen significantly.Strega is a long way from being the best in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Our experience was very enjoyable. Our service was tremendous and the waitress was very personable and great. We will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GREAT Strega PrimeGoodFoodGoodFunDined on 9/15/2014It was our 30th wedding anniversary and the food was FANTASTIC, our server was FABULOUS, attentive, friendly, knew the menu, ingredients - IT WAS A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014Strega was great as usual. The service, prices and food were all superb! I would highly recommend and definitely return to Strega in Woburn, MA.Special Features:
- StregaKramerDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, our steaks were cooked to perfection.The service was attentive without getting in our way. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Awesome!greatfoodDined on 9/13/2014One of the best restaurants I've been to! The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly and presented in a way that made eating it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My WaiterRonaldDined on 9/13/2014I had a waiter. His name is Carmelo Scuderi. It was me and my wife's first time dining their on our 45th anniversary. The food was great. Our waiter was great. He was a gentleman and very humorous. My wife could not stop talking to her friends and family about the dining experience that Carmelo had given us. Thanks Carmelo. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and worth the price!MarvelousDined on 9/10/2014Wine, appetizers and entrees were marvelous! The service is great as well...Special Features:
- Not a drive-by!NancyAAVIPDined on 9/9/2014First time dining at Strega. Delightful experience with our very knowledgeable waitor Ralph. Food was superb. We were escorted to the function rooms for future possibilities...love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificSparkyDined on 9/8/2014The food was fantastic and the wait staff was very attentive without being too overly attentive. Also made great suggestions for main course as well as desert. Would go again!Special Features:
- Everything was FANTASTIC!Redsoxfan1964VIPDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated a large family anniversary (14 people) and everything was FANTASTIC. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived, the food was amazing - all 14 meals hot, at the same time, cooked perfectly. Our waitress (Jackie) was helpful, knowledgable and guided us through sharing aps and sides so we didn't end up with too many. Plenty of staff on hand to get whatever was needed but they seemed to appear from no where when we needed them. It was expensive but well worth it. THANK YOU STREGA for making my parents 60th Anniversary special.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasion!TutituDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating an engagement...first time at Strega Prime. Can't say enough about the staff...very accommodating and friendly. From the appetizer to dessert the food was exceptional! Would definitely go again...but I would go for a special occasion. Price point for a dinner for four was a little more than a would want to pay on a regular basis. But, if you are looking for a great place for a celebration...look no more. Strega Prime is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caroleDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful evening- great long bone Delmonico- excellent service.Special Features:
- Another great timeCharlieMcGrathDined on 9/3/2014Once again Strega Prime went above the call of duty. WE were celebrating a birthday and they made every effort to ensure we had a great time. From the salads, which were incredible, to the 42 day dry aged rib-eye, which was about the bet piece of steak ever, to the surprise Nico, (our server) brought a creme broule for the birthday. Everything was GREAT, Joe Esposito runs a fantastic place, Nick Verano should rest easy knowing Joe is in charge and servers like Nico are exemplifying the Strega Prime nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinning...2dineisdevineVIPDined on 9/2/2014Excellent wait staff, valet parking at no cost, great menu and the steak, vegetables and sauce. I was dinning with 4 others and we all agreed it was an excellent restaurant. Has some very interesting wall art and show black and white moves over kitchen window, cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet our expectationsDisappointedDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I went to Strega for our anniversary on a weekday and we were rather disappointed! We went there because Phantom Gourmet recommended and thought it would be a wonderful place to celebrate. My first reaction entering into the bar area was this is cool but then venturing into the dining room I changed my mind quickly. The server was not very attentive and the manager was not interested in hearing about our anniversary. Not friendly at all. We were never asked if we wanted another cocktail and when they brought the order it was incorrect. I had dinner and my husband did not and no one said sorry for the inconvenience. We did receive a free anniversary dessert but had to ask for it. No return and no recommendation from us.
- Love Strega Prime!katgeoDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant has been amazing the two times we have gone. Once for a graduation, another time for an anniversary. They provide EXCELLENT customer service and the food is amazing. The servers are so friendly and very welcoming. When visiting for an occasion, they give you a complementary and delicious creme brûlée. We left over-stuffed both times. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- Great for a date night!mrsdostyDined on 8/30/2014Strega is a great local date night place with the food and atmosphere that matches a downtown Boston restaurant without the traffic and parking fiascos. The food is fantastic, the service is wonderful and the deep fried red velvet Oreos are TO DIE FOR. Every time that my husband and I have been to Strega, we've had great experiences and will most definitely be returning.Special Features:
- sure to go back again soonspinnieDined on 8/30/2014wonderful service and food was wonderful, I did not feel it was over priced. Food was delicious and drinks very reasonable. Sure beats going into Boston, this sure compares to any of the fine restaurants in there.Special Features:
- DeliciousStephDined on 8/29/2014Great place, if you love other Strega locations, add this to your list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperagmunizDined on 8/29/2014Prompt service, excellent waitstaff, food was delicious, lots of nice touches you just don't get anywhere. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rico1947Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was great. From the staff, food service etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our waitress was extremely pleasant and accommodating and "well seasoned"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strega is prime!RickDined on 8/29/2014We had a lovely dinner at Strega Prime. We went during Boston dine out week, My wife ordered from the prix fix menu and she said it was excellent. I ordered from the regular menu, and was happily pleased as well! The service was outstanding, then came the great food, and lastly the ambience (very comfy chairs) in that order.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, average foodRSearsDined on 8/29/2014For dinner, my husband had the sushi tuna and the cap steak. There was a good portion of tuna, but it was not as flavorful as we have had elsewhere. The cap steak (a special not usually offered in area steakhouses) was a good cut of meat but slightly overlooked. I ordered the beet salad- big chunks of beet but not much seasoning. For an entree I ordered the gnocchi, but really was not enjoying it. Our server Lynn could sense I was not enjoying it, and offered to bring the mushroom fettuccine instead, which was much more to my liking. Finally the chocolate mousse cake was delicious! We will probably return because our server was so intuitive and accommodating. Plus the Nutella bread pudding is the next dessert to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!rabankerDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. I had lobster bisque, salmon and brownie sundae and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Popovers=awesome!BostonSeanDined on 8/29/2014Normally it's pretty expensive but we went during Dine Out Boston and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Strega is well known for their excellent Italian food and steak choices, but what stood out on my first visit was the service. From the hostesses to the "water boy" (his words, not mine) to our fantastic waitress Marjorie, my friend and I enjoyed entertaining banter and they tolerated our attempts at humor. Strega Prime earned a return visit from me on that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillyDined on 8/27/2014Good food and service. Will try the Sinatra Brunch next time.Special Features:
- Excellent all around!!WineloverVIPDined on 8/27/2014The atmosphere is great here, especially in the bar. We sat in a booth in the bar for dinner. The food was delicious, we had the Filet and the Sea bass. I love the music too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Strega knows beef! And they cook and serve only the best. Our server, Carmelo, was great! He is very Knowledgeable, very pleasant and attentive. Everyone is professional and well trained. Loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time experienceEllenDined on 8/27/2014I have not been able to visit your restaurant since you moved into this space in Woburn. It was well worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014The staff were extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable about the entrees. The food was cooked to perfection and it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.