100 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stregaprime.com/
- Phone: 7819333333x
- Hours of Operation:
NEW!!! SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday
Lounge is open daily until 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Farouk Bazoune
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Strega Prime has multiple Private Dining spaces. Please call 781-933-6688 or email Jill at Jill@thevaranogroup.com for more info!
- Private Party Contact: Jill Lanza 781-933-6688x
- Entertainment: Sinatra Sunday Brunch with Joey Canzano!
- Special Events: Let us plan your next event! Our professional staff will exquisitely execute your special occasion, leave the details to us!
Please inquire about our event promotions happening through out the summer! Contact Jill at 781-933-3333 or email, Jill@thevaranogroup.com.
A word from Strega Prime
Nick Varano, owner of Strega, Strega Waterfront, and Nico Ristorante in the Boston area is opening a new high-end Italian steakhouse in Woburn where he wants "everyone to feel like a celebrity." The expansive 352-seat space (312-seats indoors/ 40-seats outdoors) features Strega’s signature sleek design and décor with brilliant light fixtures and deep woods throughout the interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strega Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)notable wine list (83)fit for foodies (76)romantic (76)good for groups (60)vibrant bar scene (56)great for lunch (40)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014I was disappointed with Strega. The service was lacking in many ways. Very slow and waiter wasn't very friendly. The popovers were cold and tasted burned. The portions were very small for the appetizers and sides. I can compare it capital grille and say that everything was half the size. My beet salad looked like it was all decoration when it was actually the salad. My steak was very tasty and cooked perfectly but it was nothing that I couldn't have cooked at home myself with a few seasonings sprinkled on top and grilled. For the money I would go to l'andana or capital grille. I won't go back.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Everything was just really really good. Went for restaurant week and had the pre fixe menu.Special Features:
- AwesomeGiseleDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was very nice. The staff was very knowledgeable in the menu and food preparations. The ambience was romantic. The food was excellent. The service impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant to people who want a specal experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunch!FrancaDined on 8/21/2014Had a corporate luncheon during restaurant week, the lobster bisque was out of this world, the salmon and cheesecake was also absolutely delicious! The staff is unbelievable.Special Features:
- KelleyDined on 8/21/2014Went for lunch. Our server, forget his name but from Quincy, was fantastic. Someone had steak and it was perfectly cooked. Lobster bisque had real lobster in it and Caesar salad was good. Loved the popover. 4 of us had bolagnase (sp?). Looked tasty, but had no taste. Can't emphasize how tasteless the sauce was. I actually went to a different restaurant the following day and ordered it ...could of licked the plate there. Just confirmed how bad it is at Strega's. Sorry to give this review if it is a family recipe.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Great steak! You get what you pay for - so be prepared to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted in every way!BeeHappyDined on 8/20/2014First time,"dine out" week. Food was delicious and service was great. The ambiance was classy and electric. We enjoyed every minute. Returning with more friends for the Sinatra Sunday Brunch this week. Just the place for an important occasion or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicesawsuDined on 8/19/2014What is outstanding about this place is the waitstaff. Very knowledgeable about the menu and extremely attentive. The food was good, Nothing to really brag about, that could be because it was the special restaurant week menu but presentation was nice. Would go back to try the regular menu as soon as I'm willing to pay those crazy prices.Special Features:
- DVASSDined on 8/19/2014Service was a little slow for lunch... everyone loved the meals, but no one liked those little desserts, not the size, they didn't taste good.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Only one a cruise ship have I been "waitered" by 4 servers at the same time. All 6 of us commented on the fabulous service. We went on "rest. week" and had not expected to be served such filling portions. We all were pleasantly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014This was a fantastic deal for a fixed price menu. Generous portions, well prepared unusual dishesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great food. Outstanding service. Always makes you feel special. .giSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014This was our first time at Strega Prime. We had a delicious lunch. When I'm in the area again at meal time I would return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trying to hard..not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Went for restaurant week and had a terrible experience. The food was mediocre. Ordered the steak medium rare and the waiter comes around with a flashlight to shine into the cut of your meat to prove to you that he can see the pink color in the steak??? Clearly I know if I like the way my steak is cooked; no need for the flashlight...but they did this to everyone that questions their steak. Also, they hover over you way too much. They did come back with another steak too RARE - and it was tough. I couldn't eat it. Was very bland. At one point the waiter was bending over to do something on the other customers table next to us, and had his butt actually resting on my dates arm. Way too close!! I would never recommend.
- Pasta great, meats not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/17/2014The appetizers and pasta dishes were superb. Waiter and servers were excellent. Desserts delicious. Wine list is outstanding. Sadly, the steaks were overcooked, and the pork chops were very dry. We noticed other diners at adjacent tables also returned their steaks. After I spoke to the manager, we were comp'ed dessert and Limoncello, which was nice. However, the waiters seemed to question everyone who complained about their steaks, even shining an iPhone flashlight on the meat to verify that they were overcooked. Not cool.Special Features:
- A slice of Little ItalygppaDined on 8/7/2014Basically, a high-end steakhouse in the standard mold. The large bar features cowhide accents and a wall of video displaying sports. The table seating features a bank of flatscreens showing vintage B&W movies, e.g. "Some Like It Hot". The decor is clean and uncluttered, but (except for the video) decidedly old school with dark wood and cut crystal light fixtures. All of this is prelude to the wait staff, who go far beyond the call of duty to establish their Italian credentials. We had Vincenzo, who provided excellent and attentive service, along with a very generous helping of "prego"s. For a while, I wondered if we had fallen through a wormhole into 1980's Hoboken, New Jersey. The 16 oz. aged ribeye was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter with attitudeGoodtimesDined on 8/6/2014Our waiter was a jerk. We asked for advice on wine, and when we told him we only wanted to spend about fifty dollars he scoffed at us. Later my friend complained about his steak because almost half if it was full of chewy gristle. The waiter seemed to not even care.Special Features:
- outstanding food!nm01Dined on 8/6/2014Best steak I have had all year. I went with the Painted Hill Rib-eye and was very satisfied. The steak was tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Classy Lunch ExperienceDurgeDined on 8/6/2014Service was top notch and the food was evry bit its equal. Price is reasonable for the quality of service and food for lunch. I would easily go back when in the mood for a high quality lunch and willing to spend a little extra for the pleasure.Special Features:
- There is better in the neighborhoodItalianFoodLoverDined on 8/5/2014We were a party of 6 friends. The food was good and a normal steakhouse menu. We all felt for the money, we would rather eat down the road at Capital Grille or Del Frisco. I think we were all expecting a less expensive place with an Italian flare (spices) The one thing I still don't understand is that Open Table did not allow us to make the reservation at 7:00. We had to wait until 7:30. Yet, the place was literally empty (it was a Tuesday night during vacation time)
- Great place1NandoDined on 8/3/2014Great food and service. I would go back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak HousethelilfajitaDined on 8/2/2014We went to Strega Prime for a birthday celebration. The food and atmosphere was excellent. Our server, Frankie, was fantastic and really made the night memorable. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Amazingly delicious!JscottDined on 8/2/2014My only regret was waiting so long to go! Clean & trendy restaurant, attentive staff and the Food was wonderful even exceeded our expectations. The steak is worth the price and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent for special occasions. Best Filet ever. Not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chipDined on 7/27/2014first time customer and really enjoyed the whole night. meal was excellant along with the service and management. i will go back and also tell all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Strega PrimeMichDined on 7/23/2014Four of us met for dinner at Strega Prime in Woburn. Service was wonderful, dinner was delicious and it was a fun and energetic place. In speaking with the waiter we were informed that there were several rooms for rent for special occasions...good to know. We will definitely be going back soon!!!Special Features:
- Late Night (relatively) on a MondaydworkmancpaDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I were out for a change on a Monday night. We weren't sure where we could go that would be open at 10pm and still serving. We picked Strega Prime and were happy with our choice. The restaurant was open, with a fair amount of people considering the day and time. We were greeted promptly and treated well. The menu is great, and our food was wonderfully prepared. We had the tuna appetizer and a lobster bisque, then a swordfish entree with a mushroom fettucine. All were great. A few glasses of wine capped off a great evening.
- JusticeGeriDined on 7/20/2014We were there for a birthday brunch. Our waiter, the restaurant, the food and the ambiance were all perfect. We had a great experience, and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time!LauraDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by friends. We currently live about an hour away, but this was well worth the drive! We highly enjoyed the food, wine, and impeccable service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Strega Prime was very good. The appetizers were outstanding. We have been to Strega on the Waterfront numerous times. Strega Prime will be our favorite also to take family and friends.Special Features:
- Great food but Lots of FliesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014The food at Strega was fabulous. Everything from the meatball appetizer to the pasta and nutella bread pudding was superb. However there were so many fruit flies swarming around our table it made it difficult to enjoy the evening. We did notify the management and they attributed it to the door being open however they never closed it nor did anyone think the flies came from outside. The service otherwise was very good but we were disappointed in their disinterest in solving the problem (they didn't even offer to move our table).Special Features:
- Didn't live up to expectationsPhillyfotesDined on 7/14/2014I am a fan of the Strega restaurants in Boston's North End and Waterfront. This location didn't measure up. Good ambience - decided to eat at the bar. Servers at the bar seemed more interested in visiting with each other than taking care of customers. Steak Tartar was outstanding. Burratta and Prosciutto had a dressing that was very sweet - we didn't finish the dish. The linguine with clams was served lukewarm at best, as were the popovers - both of the latter had a temperature as if they had been sitting waiting to be served for several minutes. Again, I chalked it up to the lack of attention by the bartenders. Very Un-Strega like performance.Special Features:
- WulffieDined on 7/14/2014It was a little loud. Table was a little small for two people. Wine was a little pricey for the amount poured.Special Features:
- A special eveningAlmegVIPDined on 7/13/2014Went there to celebrate 2 birthdays, which we did! Shared apps of tuna crudo, burrata and oysters. Tuna was wonderful, burrata super creamy, oysters fresh. Salads were excellent. Veal chop was stuffed and super tasty. Rib eyes cooked perfectly, had lots of flavor. Sides were very good- risotto, asparagus, creamed spinach. Veal came w/ creamy polenta & onion. Strega sent over 3 desserts for the birthday table. All were very good. We decided the red velvet fried cake stuffed w/ Oreo was the most decadent! Waitstaff was great if sometimes a little too friendly. The prices are steep though especially if you have wine. Plan accordingly and you will have a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boston Experience in WoburnI8phantomgourmetDined on 7/13/2014Little does one expect to find upscale top-notch dining in the suburbs. Yet, Strega Prime clearly meets that challenge, and yet does not put on airs in this regard. The staff was both friendly, courteous, and knowledge. They never assumed you were either fully experienced, or a novice. They always took the time to explain, and offered choices based on your personal preferences. The food was perfect and generous in portion size, as well,. Drinks were most professionally served I have ever encountered. The atmosphere is both fun, and ritzy enough to never let you forget that this is a special moment to be savored. Cannot recommend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimCFOVIPDined on 7/12/2014this is the best restaurant find along rte 128...just superior, the service, food and ambiance is exceptional...you can always tell a well managed restaurant and this is a poster child for that...so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our Top 5JohnTDined on 7/12/2014Food was very good and the service was excellent. Great attention to detail and the staff makes you feel very comfortable. We will definitely be going back soon. Strega Prime has moved into our top 5 restaurant picks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Our server Lynn was wonderful. She made the evening. Fodd was great and specialty cocktails yummy. Decore was very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/12/2014Over priced, mediocre food. Our waiter kept trying to upsell and it left a terrible taste in our mouths. Busboys and bartender were wonderful, however.
- MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Everything was great. I'm not one to usually notice the music, but the music that night was abnoxious. It was an odd techno beat with lyrics. We let out waitress know, she chuckled saying this is a new playlist and is unusual for what they normally play. Otherwise , great restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.