100 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stregaprime.com/
- Phone: 7819333333x
- Hours of Operation:
NEW!!! SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday
Lounge is open daily until 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Farouk Bazoune
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Strega Prime has multiple Private Dining spaces. Please call 781-933-6688 or email Jill at Jill@thevaranogroup.com for more info!
- Private Party Contact: Jill Lanza 781-933-6688x
- Entertainment: Sinatra Sunday Brunch with Joey Canzano!
- Special Events: Let us plan your next event! Our professional staff will exquisitely execute your special occasion, leave the details to us!
Please inquire about our event promotions happening through out the summer! Contact Jill at 781-933-3333 or email, Jill@thevaranogroup.com.
A word from Strega Prime
Nick Varano, owner of Strega, Strega Waterfront, and Nico Ristorante in the Boston area is opening a new high-end Italian steakhouse in Woburn where he wants "everyone to feel like a celebrity." The expansive 352-seat space (312-seats indoors/ 40-seats outdoors) features Strega’s signature sleek design and décor with brilliant light fixtures and deep woods throughout the interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Strega Prime - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Strega Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (187)romantic (96)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (90)good for groups (68)vibrant bar scene (55)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Our experience was very enjoyable. Our service was tremendous and the waitress was very personable and great. We will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GREAT Strega PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014It was our 30th wedding anniversary and the food was FANTASTIC, our server was FABULOUS, attentive, friendly, knew the menu, ingredients - IT WAS A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014Strega was great as usual. The service, prices and food were all superb! I would highly recommend and definitely return to Strega in Woburn, MA.Special Features:
- StregaKramerDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, our steaks were cooked to perfection.The service was attentive without getting in our way. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Awesome!greatfoodDined on 9/13/2014One of the best restaurants I've been to! The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly and presented in a way that made eating it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My WaiterRonaldDined on 9/13/2014I had a waiter. His name is Carmelo Scuderi. It was me and my wife's first time dining their on our 45th anniversary. The food was great. Our waiter was great. He was a gentleman and very humorous. My wife could not stop talking to her friends and family about the dining experience that Carmelo had given us. Thanks Carmelo. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and worth the price!MarvelousDined on 9/10/2014Wine, appetizers and entrees were marvelous! The service is great as well...Special Features:
- TerrificSparkyDined on 9/8/2014The food was fantastic and the wait staff was very attentive without being too overly attentive. Also made great suggestions for main course as well as desert. Would go again!Special Features:
- Everything was FANTASTIC!Redsoxfan1964VIPDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated a large family anniversary (14 people) and everything was FANTASTIC. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived, the food was amazing - all 14 meals hot, at the same time, cooked perfectly. Our waitress (Jackie) was helpful, knowledgable and guided us through sharing aps and sides so we didn't end up with too many. Plenty of staff on hand to get whatever was needed but they seemed to appear from no where when we needed them. It was expensive but well worth it. THANK YOU STREGA for making my parents 60th Anniversary special.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasion!TutituDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating an engagement...first time at Strega Prime. Can't say enough about the staff...very accommodating and friendly. From the appetizer to dessert the food was exceptional! Would definitely go again...but I would go for a special occasion. Price point for a dinner for four was a little more than a would want to pay on a regular basis. But, if you are looking for a great place for a celebration...look no more. Strega Prime is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caroleDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful evening- great long bone Delmonico- excellent service.Special Features:
- Another great timeCharlieMcGrathDined on 9/3/2014Once again Strega Prime went above the call of duty. WE were celebrating a birthday and they made every effort to ensure we had a great time. From the salads, which were incredible, to the 42 day dry aged rib-eye, which was about the bet piece of steak ever, to the surprise Nico, (our server) brought a creme broule for the birthday. Everything was GREAT, Joe Esposito runs a fantastic place, Nick Verano should rest easy knowing Joe is in charge and servers like Nico are exemplifying the Strega Prime nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinning...2dineisdevineVIPDined on 9/2/2014Excellent wait staff, valet parking at no cost, great menu and the steak, vegetables and sauce. I was dinning with 4 others and we all agreed it was an excellent restaurant. Has some very interesting wall art and show black and white moves over kitchen window, cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet our expectationsDisappointedDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I went to Strega for our anniversary on a weekday and we were rather disappointed! We went there because Phantom Gourmet recommended and thought it would be a wonderful place to celebrate. My first reaction entering into the bar area was this is cool but then venturing into the dining room I changed my mind quickly. The server was not very attentive and the manager was not interested in hearing about our anniversary. Not friendly at all. We were never asked if we wanted another cocktail and when they brought the order it was incorrect. I had dinner and my husband did not and no one said sorry for the inconvenience. We did receive a free anniversary dessert but had to ask for it. No return and no recommendation from us.
- Love Strega Prime!katgeoDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant has been amazing the two times we have gone. Once for a graduation, another time for an anniversary. They provide EXCELLENT customer service and the food is amazing. The servers are so friendly and very welcoming. When visiting for an occasion, they give you a complementary and delicious creme brûlée. We left over-stuffed both times. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- Great for a date night!mrsdostyDined on 8/30/2014Strega is a great local date night place with the food and atmosphere that matches a downtown Boston restaurant without the traffic and parking fiascos. The food is fantastic, the service is wonderful and the deep fried red velvet Oreos are TO DIE FOR. Every time that my husband and I have been to Strega, we've had great experiences and will most definitely be returning.Special Features:
- sure to go back again soonspinnieDined on 8/30/2014wonderful service and food was wonderful, I did not feel it was over priced. Food was delicious and drinks very reasonable. Sure beats going into Boston, this sure compares to any of the fine restaurants in there.Special Features:
- DeliciousStephDined on 8/29/2014Great place, if you love other Strega locations, add this to your list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperagmunizDined on 8/29/2014Prompt service, excellent waitstaff, food was delicious, lots of nice touches you just don't get anywhere. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rico1947Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was great. From the staff, food service etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our waitress was extremely pleasant and accommodating and "well seasoned"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strega is prime!RickDined on 8/29/2014We had a lovely dinner at Strega Prime. We went during Boston dine out week, My wife ordered from the prix fix menu and she said it was excellent. I ordered from the regular menu, and was happily pleased as well! The service was outstanding, then came the great food, and lastly the ambience (very comfy chairs) in that order.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, average foodRSearsDined on 8/29/2014For dinner, my husband had the sushi tuna and the cap steak. There was a good portion of tuna, but it was not as flavorful as we have had elsewhere. The cap steak (a special not usually offered in area steakhouses) was a good cut of meat but slightly overlooked. I ordered the beet salad- big chunks of beet but not much seasoning. For an entree I ordered the gnocchi, but really was not enjoying it. Our server Lynn could sense I was not enjoying it, and offered to bring the mushroom fettuccine instead, which was much more to my liking. Finally the chocolate mousse cake was delicious! We will probably return because our server was so intuitive and accommodating. Plus the Nutella bread pudding is the next dessert to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!rabankerDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. I had lobster bisque, salmon and brownie sundae and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Popovers=awesome!BostonSeanDined on 8/29/2014Normally it's pretty expensive but we went during Dine Out Boston and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Strega is well known for their excellent Italian food and steak choices, but what stood out on my first visit was the service. From the hostesses to the "water boy" (his words, not mine) to our fantastic waitress Marjorie, my friend and I enjoyed entertaining banter and they tolerated our attempts at humor. Strega Prime earned a return visit from me on that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillyDined on 8/27/2014Good food and service. Will try the Sinatra Brunch next time.Special Features:
- Excellent all around!!WineloverVIPDined on 8/27/2014The atmosphere is great here, especially in the bar. We sat in a booth in the bar for dinner. The food was delicious, we had the Filet and the Sea bass. I love the music too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Strega knows beef! And they cook and serve only the best. Our server, Carmelo, was great! He is very Knowledgeable, very pleasant and attentive. Everyone is professional and well trained. Loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time experienceEllenDined on 8/27/2014I have not been able to visit your restaurant since you moved into this space in Woburn. It was well worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014The staff were extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable about the entrees. The food was cooked to perfection and it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningRadmooVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were looking to try Strega Prime as hubby loves a good steak. But the pricey menu kept us away until August Restaurant Week. I checked out the menu online and saw that ribeye was one of the featured options so off we went on Sunday night. We opted to sit outside and were the only ones who did so. Thus we had a lovely server, Amanda, all to ourselves. The food options on the limited specials menu were excellent and we enjoyed our dinner. Somehow our dessert choices disappeared with another server so Amanda took them off the bill. We would probably return but preferably on someone else's nickel :)Special Features:
- ANNIEDined on 8/24/2014Very attentive staffing but disappointed in how our groups steaks were cookedSpecial Features:
- HeatherDined on 8/24/2014Not really a place to go during Restaurant Week; at least this time. I've been to Strega Prime on "regular" nights. I really like the restaurant. I've been to the bar and eaten both lunch and dinner there as well. However, my steak (rib-eye) at this restaurant week meal left a lot to be desired. I'm thinking that the quality of the steak was perhaps where they cut corners when they formulated their Restaurant Week menu. I had the corn soup, which was absolutely fabulous! Deserts were good, but not exceptional. Steak was a dissapointment- not bad, but for this area, Boston North, I'd rather go to L'Andana or the Capital Grill if I'm taking someone out for restaurant week. Also, I did come to Strega Prime for restaurant week before - PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitlucyandrickey2Dined on 8/23/2014Food and service was excellent, thought tables were a little too close together and the music was a bit too loud to have a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date night placeJMSJDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went to Strega for our anniversary dinner. It was a nice place for a cozy, romantic dinner. It seems to be a popular special occasion place as we heard "Happy Birthday" sung about 4 times in the hour and a half that we were there. The service was prompt (maybe a little too rushed). The food was delicious. We were not going to get dessert but the waiter brought us creme brulee since it was our anniversary which was a nice touch. I had mentioned on the phone when I confirmed our reservation that it was our anniversary. I would recommend this restaurant for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Great night outBirthdayDined on 8/23/2014Just the wife and I out to celebrate her birthday. You made it a special night. Thank you!Special Features:
- just shy of excellentJodiDined on 8/22/2014Everything from the service to the food was exceptional except for the rib eye. I suspected , because it was on the pre fixe menu for restaurant week, that it was not the same quality as on their regular menu and after speaking with management my thoughts were confirmed. what a shame . it was one of the fattiest and toughest piece of meat I've had . I understand the low cost of the restaurant week menu is limiting and serving salmon tartare is going to be less cost wise than Tuna but I had that and it was excellent. Don't cheap out by serving a lower quality steak, serve the same quality just a smaller piece.Special Features:
- Rushed service82muchVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our first time at Strega was underwhelming. While the food was good, the service was questionable throughout the evening. First, we were seated in the far-most room alone with music blaring. Then, our server came over to tell us that they were not going to fill that room after all, and do we want to move to a closer room (we did). Then, my plates were removed and crumbs were cleared at least twice before my husband was finished with his course. Not sure we'll be going back.
- elegant diningJoshuaDined on 8/22/2014Great service, good food. nice for special occasion.Special Features: