100 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stregaprime.com/
- Phone: (781) 933-3333
- Hours of Operation:
NEW!!! SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday
Lounge is open daily until 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Farouk Bazoune
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sinatra Sunday Brunch with Joey Canzano!
- Special Events: Let us plan your next event! Our professional staff will exquisitely execute your special occasion, leave the details to us!
Please inquire about our event promotions happening through out the summer! Contact Jill at 781-933-3333 or email, Jill@thevaranogroup.com.
A word from Strega Prime
Nick Varano, owner of Strega, Strega Waterfront, and Nico Ristorante in the Boston area is opening a new high-end Italian steakhouse in Woburn where he wants "everyone to feel like a celebrity." The expansive 352-seat space (312-seats indoors/ 40-seats outdoors) features Strega’s signature sleek design and décor with brilliant light fixtures and deep woods throughout the interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Strega Prime - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Strega Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (196)fit for foodies (108)notable wine list (107)romantic (99)good for groups (91)vibrant bar scene (78)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (48)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (19)great for brunch (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great celebratory dinner spotPesce168Dined on 11/25/2014Strega is a beautiful restaurant whose neon lights call you from the highway. It is warm and friendly unlike some of its competitor steak houses. Service was attentive but not intrusive. None of my companions eat meat, but we were very happy with the salmon and Cornish game entrees. The side portions were on the thin side but if you also order apps or a shared salad, you will be full. Drinks are made with the top of the line liquor. The popovers were a delightful special touch and reminded me of Anthony's on the waterfront. The restaurant gave me an exceptional crème brulee dessert for my birthday dinner on a plate with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate and delivered by singing waiters who used "Bella" instead of my name. I'm planning on returning for other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Technology gets in the way of dinnerbostonbuyDined on 11/22/2014Food was great but computer system crashes and delays take the enjoyment of a special dinner. Might be worth another try. MaybeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Must go often! Thanks to Joe Esposito, he always makes me special and treats me like a queen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific night!LouisaDined on 11/22/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with friends. Loved the ambiance as soon as we walked in. This is a gem in Woburn. Can't wait to go back. Waitstaff was very attentive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner. It was absolutely amazing and we loved everything we drank and ate. The service was on point. Very friendly staff, great atmosphere. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceBluemanDined on 11/21/2014The food at Stega is excellent. Our party had both pasta and steaks. All were unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranDined on 11/19/2014Very happy withe my lunch, especially the fabulous popovers. The coffee was not good. I'm sorry I did not have them take it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful mid-week dinnerMichDined on 11/18/2014We had a reservation on a Tuesday night to meet some friends for dinner. We had not seen each other in some time so we spent a good deal of time visiting before we even ordered an appetizer. We did not feel rushed in any way. Our waiter was polite and patient with us. The food was delicious! We had a wonderful night and will definitely return very soon. I would highly recommend this restaurant as a great alternative to driving into Boston for the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!BostonianDined on 11/15/2014The best restaurant we ever been....steak, appetizers, service..all perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. night dinnerDonaldDined on 11/15/2014As always Strega Prime was fantastic! Food and service could not be better. Value for the dollar is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night outRedBaronDined on 11/14/2014We decided to try Strega Prime for a splurge night out. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and the restaurant manager, and shown to our seats promptly. The bar side of the restaurant was quite full, and energetic conversation was flowing. That same conversation joined in the more muted conversations of people in the dining room, making the noise level moderate. Not quiet by any means, but not boisterous either. Our waiter was quick to welcome us and offer some suggestions on wines (the wine list is quite extensive), and his 1st choice, based on our meal was actually a lower priced wine which did not disappoint. The meal, which consisted of the Wygu Meatball to start, 12oz Filet, the large portion of the lobster gnocchi, and crème brulee for dessert was sublime. Everything was cooked perfectly, taste was excellent, and the service exemplary. While the price is not cheap, it is in line with other high-end restaurants. As I said, this was a splurge, and was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawnDined on 11/11/2014Lunch was very good. One person's steak was a little grizzly. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but priceyGailrmVIPDined on 11/9/2014Service was good in beginning then really slow. Lamb was small portion for the price.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Rib Eye unevenly cooked, very rare in spots, chewy and totally tasteless (no seasoning). Sides were average - truffle fries were good, but asparagus was bland, mushroom polenta was just ok. Service was slow and inattentive. For the price, it was disappointing.Special Features:
- RaymoDined on 11/8/2014Probably the best place for dinner North of Boston. The service, presentation and food were all excellent. Even though my wife and I don't eat red meat there were still many choices on their menu they we could choose from. My wife had the Chilean sea bass and I had the salmon and were very satisfied. We are spreading the word 10 STARS for Stega Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Awesome food! The Nutella bread pudding was AMAZING. One of the best desserts I've ever had in my life. The filet was outstanding. LOVED the butter on top.
- FantasticFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had dinner in the lounge. Which had a great atmosphere and plenty of screens for the game! Excellent evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceKimmielouDined on 11/5/2014Strega delivers quality food and top notch service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at StregaeastcoaststephDined on 11/2/2014I went to Strega for my boyfriend's birthday and the food was fantastic! We were given our own private booth, and it was quiet and romantic. The servers were very friendly and knowledgeable - making excellent recommendations. They even sang happy birthday as a surprise with a fantastic dessert. I'd recommend for date nights or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestDinnerVIPDined on 11/2/2014Came in for brunch, we were greeted by a very kind gentlemen with a beard. Seated us right away, we enjoyed the music and the eggs benedict. Was a great brunch. Our server was a delight and kind. Helped us with the menu as well as fast service.Special Features:
- Oddly off - strangely uncomfortableWantedToLoveItButCouldNotDined on 11/2/2014Sunday Brunch. From start to finish, this experience was just off. You could see waitstaff was trying, but their somber demeanor dampened any welcoming warmth. The live musician had a wonderful voice, but several members of our party were hard of hearing. Our initial order of cinnamon buns was not recorded and never delivered, but also not charged. Our server did not inform us that they were out of veal, which forced half of the party to a new selection. One member's rare aged sirloin came out barely pink on the interior and well done on the outside 1 inch edges. They cooked him another which was better. Midway through the meal an employee knocked over a glass lamp, sending some of its shattered fragments across our table.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I had an outstanding meal at Strega prime. This was our first visit to a Strega restaurant, but it certainly won't be our last. The food was excellent and the service was more than excellent! It is rare to find outstanding service these days, which is really a sad reflection on what we have become used to for many of us who eat out alot. We were very pleased with our waitstaff, who were attentive-but not overbearing. It is obvious that the folks at Strega have it figured out! Thank You!Special Features:
- Good food, a little priceykcapDined on 11/1/2014We dined courtesy of a gift certificate, so the a la carte pricing was less of an issue. I am not a meat eater, so there were limited options, but I thoroughly enjoyed the salmon with the accompanying sauce. Popovers were good (they could have been hotter), and our waiter was very attentive (he had to bring drinks to the table because the waiter who took the order never came back with them). I would recommend Strega Prime for those who enjoy a good steak (there is no prime rib on the menu).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itLuvSteakDined on 11/1/2014If you are looking to pay a lot for a steak...them go here! If you are looking for a good steak, with great service. Try somewhere else (anywhere else).
- Tapper5678VIPDined on 10/25/2014First time. Absolutely wonderful. For sure, we'll be back. Service was outstanding as well as the seafood tower and lamb chops. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 10/24/2014Bar service was slow. It took a long time to get drinks to the table. Server had to be reminded. Other than that, food serve was prompt but not very friendly.Special Features:
- pricey, but worth itFrenchtwistDined on 10/21/2014Strega Prime is an expensive restaurant which I would keep for special occasions. It was an excellent dining experience. The menu offered a wide range of choices, the wine list was impressively endless. Our waitress was well trained and knew about the menu. Service was a little slow, we did not complain, but apologies were offered and a complementary creme brulee was served to thank us for our patience. All in all, a memorable meal in a professional setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class act!BestDinnerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Beautiful atmosphere! Comfortable wrap around bar was wonderful. The dining room very inviting. Bone-in filet with crème spinach amazing, and other petite filet was perfectly cook. Our server was over the top. We had a blast, and will return again. Awesome time!Special Features:
- Strega primeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service was outstanding. We had a wonderful dining experience. Looking forward to going back again. 4 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I went to Strega because I had a gift certificate, otherwise, would not choose this restaurant. The food was good but it is all a la carte and the entrees are way overpriced. I had the seabass over gnocchi and literally had 4 gnocchi on my plate.Special Features:
- Great spotVegasVIPDined on 10/18/2014Because of aggressive pricing we save this great restaurant for special occasions, but love it just the same.Special Features:
- Not what we were expectingStuartDined on 10/18/2014We love nice steak restaurants. High end Steak joints are supposed to make you feel like a King. Food was fine not great, service was fine not great. Nothing was special or excellent. Disappointed based on what we were expecting.Special Features:
- FabulousloveserphimDined on 10/18/2014This place beats out the food and service at the Capital Grille. Great menu options. Service was impeccable. I would go back!!Special Features:
- very goodgramDined on 10/17/2014The dining room is beautiful and relatively quiet and service was nicely timed and well trained. This could have been a 5 star review except that my steak ($49 bone in filet) was slightly overcooked and the pumpkin sticky toffee dessert was dry. The prices are quite high (major city prices for a suburban mall location?) Including tip we paid $100/person with only sparkling water for my husband and one $9.00 glass of wine for me. Definitely not the place for a weekday family experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceJenpDined on 10/16/2014Great food! Excellent service! Awesome resturant for special occasions or just dinner. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beatiful NightDebbieDined on 10/13/2014We went to Strega for our anniversary, it was the perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Overall, the restaurant was a fun experience and a place to go for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive and not worth the priceweekenddinnerDined on 10/12/2014The food was fine, but really, not worth the price. The atmosphere was odd. Like a las vegas steak place in Woburn, ma. It was like they were trying to hard to be something it wasn't. The steaks were expensive and not worth the price. I wouldn't go back.
- Great brunch spotBethDined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding...you do need to order the cinnamon burns. We enjoyed the egg white frittata with herbs and goat cheese as well as the pappardelle. Great bloody Mary's. Nice jazzy background singer. Our waiter, Ralph, was exceptional and his service made the meal even more special.Special Features:
- Special night winnerOptionsDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a great place for a rare night out by ourselves. Strega Prime turned out to be that for us. It was a treat to be able to order a 2009 Silver Oak Cabernet by the glass. My wife does not drink wine so ordering a bottle almost never happens unless we are out with a group. We started with the Tartare di Manzo (beef tartare) and it may possibly have been the best appetizer we have ever eaten. Truly amazing and highly recommended. My wife went with the petite filet and I had the bone-in filet. Both were cooked exactly to our ordered temperature and excellent. Don't miss out on the foie gras & truffle marrow butter. Sweet potato puree & brussel sprouts sides were perfect. Service was very attentive and always with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.