Street and Co.
33 Wharf St.
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Street and Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.streetandcompany.net/
- Phone: 207-775-0887
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Riley Shryock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dana St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Wharf St. is closed to vehicular traffic after 5pm except for handicapped access. There are metered spots on the surrounding streets (no charge after 6pm.) There is a public parking garage located one and a half blocks away on Fore St. and a public parking lot is located one and a half blocks away on Commercial St.
A word from Street and Co.
Street and Co. is a Mediterranean, bistro style, all-seafood restaurant with a dynamic atmosphere and 20 years of experience. We are located in the Old Port district just blocks away from Portland’s working waterfront. Our chefs focus on serving the freshest seafood and the best ingredients available from local purveyors, fishermen and organic farmers. They prepare a simple yet creative menu that highlights the ingredients. Our personalized wine list truly complements the cuisine and we offer a classic full bar. We serve our full menu at the bar itself and feature a raw bar with a variety of local oysters and seasonal shellfish. Street and Co.’s comfortable lounge is great place to get together for drinks and appetizers or to enjoy while waiting for a table. Al fresco dining is available from Memorial Day through September.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Street and Co. - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Street and Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (19)romantic (19)notable wine list (18)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant!mathieuhuotVIPDined on 11/23/2013We had an amazing evening at Street and Co. We wanted to have excellent local seafood meal and we we served! Great staff, and great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy dinnerDonaldDined on 11/21/2013This was our second time to Street &Co and it was another great dinner. The "Tastes" we had as appetizers were amazing. The duck and feta and figs were delicious. My wife had the scallops in Pernod and cream sauce and it was perfection. I opted for the clams and linguini in white sauce. It's a pretty simple dish, but mine was awful...very, very salty/briny almost to the point of being inedible. The waitress could not have been more understanding and asked if she could bring me something different and I ordered the grilled tuna ( barely grilled, sushi raw) it was great! Perfect piece of fish prepare perfectly. Very rustic chic cozy restaurant with great atmosphere. Our waitress Violette was as good as it getsSpecial Features:
- A perfect and wonderful restaurant.PJMJRDined on 11/16/2013A perfect and wonderful restaurant. Simply fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDyerNeckDined on 11/13/2013After hearing so many recommendations for Street & Co. I'm sorry to say we were very disappointed. The restaurant section was too bright,hot, loud, noisy and overcrowded. I thought I was at a circus! The people dining next to us were barely 14 inches away.... not at all comfortable. We had asked for a cozy corner. My friend's dinner of scallops was woefully over salted. The soup I was served looked beautiful but was bland. My salad was reasonably tasty but the spinach was tough... I specifically asked for my soup to be served before my salad but was served my salad first. The only redeeming quality we found was the lounge...cozy and comfortable with a friendly knowledgeable server.Special Features:
- Maine Seafood done rightJanieDined on 11/8/2013This is a special place to go for exquisite seafood (and more). I had sole and hubby had scallops, both done to perfection. Plate sizes are fairly generous. Salads are wonderful and small tastes also excellent. Next time I will try to eat less....I wanted everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland's best seafoodLiamOHeaDined on 11/7/2013We make a point of getting a table at Street & Co. whenever we're in, or passing through, Portland. The setting is casual, in an old port building. They have a good wine list, and a great oyster bar. If you love excellent seafood as we do, give this restaurant a try. We recommend you book your table in advance though, the place is very popular with the locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointscheeseDined on 11/5/2013I've been to Street & Co. before but it had been quite some time. For a restaurant with such long history in Portland, they have not lost their touch! The food was fabulous, the atmosphere lively and our waiter was a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!TeddyDined on 11/3/2013Street and Company is our favorite Portland dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, had heardCandSDined on 11/1/2013First time here, had heard so many good things about this place. We arrived in time, but had to wait a little bit for our table, as it was a Friday night, and pretty busy. We were able to order drinks, while we waited, which was maybe all of 10 min. Seating is, well, a bit tight, but not too bad. If your a sea food lover, enjoy good food, made with high quality ingredients, give the place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous MustAllegraDined on 11/1/2013A gem that is tucked away on Wharf Street. We had the salmon special and the signature sole Francaise - the latter served in a pan- all with a splendid wine suggested by our well versed server. It was our first time and we thought the food to be creative and exceptional. Our opinion was heartily supported by happy and personable diners next to us. A fine testament to the place. Our meal ended with the divine bourbon pecan pie. Our meal completely negated the nightmare of trying to find a parking place in downtown Portland. Well done, Street and Co. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Do Fish ProudWibblesDined on 10/25/2013Everything was exquisite. Prices were quite reasonable making it a great value. The tuna bolognese with garganelli was luscious! Already looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerdinerproDined on 10/20/2013Street and Co. has top notch raw bar with knowledgeable staff and comfortable lounge area. Food is highest quality and brings interesting tastes and flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Here!EddieKDined on 10/13/2013This may just be the best place to dine in Portland, and maybe all of Maine's seaports as well. We were glad that the recent fire near Street didn't affect them much, especially after another hot spot was just okay. We had two of the house specialties, Pernod scollops and pan fried sole. Both were very we'll done and filling. The salads and bread were very good and plentiful. Couldn't believe the mussels at 12 bucks, get the and ask for more bread for sopping the broth. The service was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodCHRISMPARKERVIPDined on 10/8/2013A very enjoyable dining experience for the 4 of us. The lobster linguine was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- OMG IN PORTLAND MAINEGoodcookieVIPDined on 10/7/2013Had the best seat in the house - overlooking the open kitchen.. The people working the appetizer and dessert station produced beautifully composed plates of organic greens, meats, cheese and were immaculate at their station. The most fascinating person to watch was the executive chef. He didn't waste a movement, there was a time when two other stations were on a break and he 'did it all' and didn't miss a beat. Now the food....we started with a shredded cabbage salad with apples and bacon in a Dijon dressing, a perfect appetite stimulator. The Bang Island mussels were plump, tender and lusciously sauced white wine and garlic and the blackened halibut was perfectly seared with just enough heat. If you can get a reservation -- GO!Special Features:
- Recommended by a Portland nativeseasonedtravelerDined on 10/6/2013A unique find. Thoroughly appreciated the food, dining experience, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood offeredsurferdadDined on 9/28/2013the service was great, and the seafood that we chose was done very well. the kitchen was clearly visible, and that is a plus at any food establishment.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulousEstesqDined on 9/27/2013I have been reading the reviews and have long wanted to try and finally got the opportunity. The meal couldn't have been better. It is fish only so don't look for a steak. The tastes for $4.00 were incredible-house cured salmon which could have been $10-12 in another restaurant. I had the special whole Branzino which was filleted table side. My friend had the grilled halibut which was delicious. The wine list was extremely well priced- we had a $28 bottle of Pinot Blanc. A very good selection.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsDavefromRochesterDined on 9/26/2013We went the first day after the building fire that closed them for about a week. I had heard great things about this place and they were actually even better than we expected. Right from the wine in the lounge, to the salads, entrees, and desserts; all excellent! Our waitress was particularly exceptional as she offered to filet the whole fish for me (I'm not much of a fisherman). Everything was great; the food was portioned just right; incredible tastes; and the atmosphere was quite quaint. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I visited theluvtoeatVIPDined on 9/9/2013My husband and I visited the restaurant while visiting Maine for our anniversary. When making the reservations, I indicated that we were celebrating our 28th Wedding Anniversary, as well as informing our waiter. No one offered any type of congratulations. They also sat us at a table next to small, hyper children. You would think that they would have considered a more private spot for this special day. The food was good.
- My wife and I were travellingWVBILLDined on 9/4/2013My wife and I were travelling through on a trip to Canada. Street and Co. was recommended by friends in WV who had been there. It was tough getting a reservation - which speaks highly for them. We enjoyed our dinner very much. The only down side was the noise. A previous review had noted this also and I can understand why. The table next to us had a very loud laugher who just about knocked us off our seats at every laugh. The acoustics make it a bit difficult to hear right across the table. Otherwise, I would highly recommend Street and Co and will try them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its repOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2013Our appetizers were incredible & my husband's haddock was very good. My shrimp over linguini was just ok. Service was excellent. I appreciated the option to taste a wine before going all-in for a full glass. Unique experience, lovely ambiance. Will definite recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A return visitArtiegalDined on 8/27/2013Portland is a wonderful food city. So many great, diverse food choices. On a recent visit after researching all the options we decided to return to Street & Co. primarily due to a memorable first visit. The memory of sole francaise drew us there again. Excellent seasonal menu and the sole did not disappoint. It will always be hard to go anywhere else in Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Street and Company is FABULOUS!BabsieDined on 8/26/2013This is a delightful FISH GEM. I stress the FISH, because that's all they serve. They have everything that's locally sourced from the sea, which is right around the corner. Try it! You won't be disappointed. Not great for young kids, only because it's really busy and there's a very high level of activity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining in PortlandHavingfunDined on 8/25/2013We were so impressed. First time in Portland. Restaurant was recommended to us and we were not disappointed. Most definitely on our list of restaurants to visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishJFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2013We had a great experience at Street & Co. It was noisy, for sure - the food quality was excellent. The restaurant was hot due to the open kitchen and majority of menu served in piping hot pans at the table (red clam sauce so yum). The tables were very close together similarly to NYC dining. Wine list was very good, the crab and corn appetizer was DELISH. The marinated squid appetizer was definitely not for us. good salad options and a big variety of seafood on the menu. The swordfish portion was small for $30 and slightly disappointing for that reason alone. Overall excellent would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much noicevisitmaineDined on 8/3/2013The noice was deafening. We could not understand each other very well. The acoustics are terrible. Too many people cramped in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceLindaDined on 7/11/2013This was one of the best seafood meals we have ever had. Our waiter offered great suggestions and the whole staff was very professional and attentive. The melon salad was perfect- so refreshing. Our main courses of the grilled wild salmon and the sole francoise melted in our mouths. The panna cotta dessert was the perfect ending. This was by far our best meal in Maine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2013Excellent service and delicious. Sat outside- indoor seating was uncomfortable for two peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not up to parsrsassocVIPDined on 6/29/2013Our dinner just wasn't up to Street and Co. standards. Appetizers were really good - no complaint. My mom and I shared the lobster diavlo for dinner. The lobster was mushy (and with a house in Maine we have lobster all the time!), the clams were chewy and the sauce definitely didn't have enough tomato in it. My husband had a swordfish special, and the swordfish was tasteless and dry. The waitress was overloaded with tables, and forgot our second drink orders until reminded. From now on we'll stick with the tried and true and have dinner at Fore Street. There's no comparison!
- DisappointedDjbaanDined on 6/20/2013We were sat in a tight corner in a hot noisy room on chairs that were small and wobbly. No server came to the table for at least 10 minutes. We ordered oysters on the half shell and no forks were provided. The bottle of white wine we ordered was set on the table without any kind of chiller. The food was very average.Special Features:
- Fish at its best. CarefullymattDined on 6/18/2013Fish at its best. Carefully prepared and served. Best of its kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought that the food wasCanard303Dined on 6/14/2013I thought that the food was good, but not great. The AC wasn't keeping up with the heat and it was very hot. The noise level was high enough that I had to raise my voise and lean across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2013We had an 8:45 reservation. The restaurant was lively when we arrived, but emptied rather quickly. Perhaps because there weren't many later guests, it seemed they wanted us to eat quickly. The waiter was brusk, and somewhat unpleasant. The appetizers were ok, then entrees were poorly prepared. I had blue fish, which was overcooked. My brother had squid pasta. The pasta was over done, but the squid was barely cooked. And, the red sauce was not done and a bit bitter. It appeared to be the last meal, as the (open) kitchen was closed by the time we finished our meal. Perhaps it is better at their early seatings, but 8:45 isn't that late and we should have had better service and food.
- Great seafood in PortlandOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2013We have an excellent dinning experience at Street and Company. The seafood is the main reason to go to Street. The restaurant is loud and can be cramped which is why 4 stars. Its in an old building in the Old Port district. The scallops are delicious, and I also tasted the Halibut. I would highly recommend both.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood restaurant.FrankDined on 6/10/2013Great food, service, and ambience. Excellent baby spinach salad with fiddleheads. The lobster diavalo for two was heavenly. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!jenzoDined on 6/6/2013Terrific spot. Delicious food and wine. And wonderfully welcoming and knowledgeable server. We are already planning to visit again on our next trip to Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!MarKevVIPDined on 6/6/2013This is such a great find! We're visiting from Boston & decided to dine here based on the great reviews. Did not disappoint at all. We started by sharing a couple of apps: huge, delicious grilled sardines & 1/2 dozen oysters. My husband really enjoyed his grilled arctic char & I simply loved my linguine w/ loads of tender huge clams drenched in white wine sauce. The table next to us had linguine w/ grilled lobster....OMG! It was practically a whole lobster on top of his pasta. Impressive looking dish & the guy looked like he hit the jackpot! We shared a bottle of Cotes Du Rhone at a very decent price. We had a wonderful waitress. She was courteous & very attentive despite being so busy. So happy we made the reservation. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the soft shell crabjsalVIPDined on 5/30/2013I had the soft shell crab appetizer and the grilled lobster on linguine. Both were delicious. Service was friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful everythingyoungfoodieDined on 5/29/2013I have never been dissapointed with this restaurant and would highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling through PortlandSpecial Features: