Street and Co.
33 Wharf St.
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Street and Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.streetandcompany.net/
- Phone: 207-775-0887
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Riley Shryock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dana St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Wharf St. is closed to vehicular traffic after 5pm except for handicapped access. There are metered spots on the surrounding streets (no charge after 6pm.) There is a public parking garage located one and a half blocks away on Fore St. and a public parking lot is located one and a half blocks away on Commercial St.
A word from Street and Co.
Street and Co. is a Mediterranean, bistro style, all-seafood restaurant with a dynamic atmosphere and 20 years of experience. We are located in the Old Port district just blocks away from Portland’s working waterfront. Our chefs focus on serving the freshest seafood and the best ingredients available from local purveyors, fishermen and organic farmers. They prepare a simple yet creative menu that highlights the ingredients. Our personalized wine list truly complements the cuisine and we offer a classic full bar. We serve our full menu at the bar itself and feature a raw bar with a variety of local oysters and seasonal shellfish. Street and Co.’s comfortable lounge is great place to get together for drinks and appetizers or to enjoy while waiting for a table. Al fresco dining is available from Memorial Day through September.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Street and Co. - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Street and Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (21)hot spot (20)notable wine list (18)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dogsitter3Dined on 4/16/2014Delicious mussels in white wine and garlic with a great mesclun salad. Attractive decor and knowledgeable waitstaff. They let us stay at the table for over two hours without hassling us. Nice meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2014i had the lobster and it was divine. my clothes stunk for days in my suitcase with all the garlic, but the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 4/12/2014We had amazing food, but boy, was the disappointment there when we found out that 2 items from the menu were not available :(. Regardless, the food was AMAZIGN, tables way too close to one another...but all in all, good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated. Too much like aJbwbVIPDined on 4/8/2014Overrated. Too much like a factory operation. Many better choices in the city.
- Top NotchGourmandoDined on 4/5/2014Great ambiance and wonderful seafood. Even the butter was wonderful. Menu, except for appetizers (and dessert, of course), is all seafood so no main course options for those who don't like seafood or have allergies. The appetizers and salads, however, looked so good I could have made a meal of several of them. The lobster and linguine dish I ordered had an entire lobster and was reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Fantastic FishShmullyDined on 3/22/2014Went with a group of 4, the mussels to start were excellent. Everybody got a different entre and all were thrilled with the preparation. Homemade limoncello was the perfect way to finish it all off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- March reviewnewenglanderDined on 3/21/2014We had a delicious dinner on a Friday night in March. Thankfully we had booked this reservation a couple weeks ahead as we only had 2 choices for time, 5:45 or 8:00. Since we were traveling we chose 5:45. The place fills up quickly. I would suggest dressing in layers as the temperature of the restaurant got very hot. We had very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get there early for Business!BusinessTravelerDined on 3/19/2014Arrived with reservations for 2 at 5:30. Was relatively quite for about 30-45 minutes. The food was timed almost perfectly with the crowd. We were able to cover our business needs and then settle in for a nice meal and more casual conversation. Food was delicious, the service prompt, and the atmosphere wonderful
- Street & company is hard to beatRussDined on 3/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the dinner at Street and company. Wonderful selection of fish and amazing attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodPortlandVoxDined on 3/10/2014Street & Company does a wonderful job with the food and service. Seating can be a little cramped and when busy the sound level is pretty loud. I went later in the evening on a Monday and by half way through the meal, more than 1/2 the tables were empty and the noise level was fine. Servers were very attentive and flexible. The smaller copper top tables can be a challenge to fit all the dishes on but we made it work at a table for two. Pricing was fare for the quality and the Lobster Diavolo (for two) was more than enough for two people. Very tasty! I would eat here again.Special Features:
- AT LAST!tutatkamanDined on 3/7/2014We live in Maine and have had heard a lot of good things about this place and finally I can say that they all were correct! The ambiance and decor were rustic and elegant. The food was excellent, the lobster diavalo was (advertised) for 2 but in my opinion 4 could have shared it and we did (still had left overs), we ordered the bacon wrapped dates (delicious), the divine salads, yellow fin tuna bolognese with orecchiette pasta and the Tiramisu was one of the best we all have ever tasted in Maine, the homemade Limoncello was exquisitely smooth. We will come back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to mediumeatinalloverDined on 2/28/2014Great service. The setting was relaxed, all the staff was very friendly. Pretty average volume until a pack of six showed up out of the woodwork... Expensive for leaving hungry. Food was (just) ok. We had calamari for an appetizer, found a bunch of plastic wrappers in the sauce - wasn't great, kind of ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2014Fresh, cold, clean oysters ! Seafood and vegetables are fresh and seasoned perfectly. Service friendly, professional, and attentive. First restaurant I chose after being out of the US for six months! Never get tired of Street and Co. !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/25/2014I had the scallops pernod and it was a great dish -- not to be seen on another menu which is a refreshing change from the standard fried, sauteed, etc. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2014This was our 2nd time at Street and Company. We found ourselves in Portland for business and because our 1st experience with the restaurant was so enjoyable, we knew it was where we wanted to eat this time when we were in Portland. Would highly recommend this restaurant. It's exactly what like: great food and a relaxed yet interesting ambiance - and not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!WoodNymphDined on 1/26/2014We were looking for a romantic Old Port restaurant that had not lost its old world ambience - we were not interested in the industrial-chic going on in many of the other restaurants in Portland. We sought charm, and coziness on a cold night, and we got it. We also got amazing food! We both got the scallops in pernod and cream: my boyfriend, an ex-chef (and he's very, very good, if I do say so myself), said it was the best meal out he has had in years! Literally not even the slightest detail to niggle about. Excellent, prompt and knowledgeable service, and a clearly well-staffed and well-trained kitchen. The wine paired perfectly with the meal. No regrets - except that we will have a hard time ordering something different on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice first try!VirginiaDined on 1/25/2014We went to brunch on recommendation from a local we met the night before at another restaurant. Place is modern, roomy and clean. Employees were nice and accommodating, since we wanted to sit together, not facing each other. Efficient service. I had a goat cheese, white asparagus and crabmeat omelette that was delicious. The sticky bun was very tasty, but could have used a few more minutes in the oven (center not baked through). My Bloody Mary wasn't missing a thing. My husband had eggs benedict with lobster and he (not being a foody) couldn't say enough good things about it. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- RemarkableDisappointerdDined on 1/23/2014This is a first rate restaurant. Not heavy on snooty elegance or a refined atmosphere but rather very cozy in an old New England way. A lovely place to dine. The cuisine is truly wonderful. It's freshness, diversity, quality, and first rate preparation, will be appreciated by anyone with a taste for gastronomic excellence. I live in New Orleans and am spoiled rotten by numerous world class restaurants. Street & Co. had me gushing my appreciation for my incredibly well prepared dinner. The shellfish were flawless and of the highest quality. My sole was cooked to perfection. The desert was divine. The service was outstanding. This was my second visit, and I look forward to my third. M. O'Malley New OrleansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but....zeusieDined on 1/19/2014I live in the Portland area and eat out relatively frequently. But this was my first return to Street & Co in probably 10 years (maybe more). Everything was solid, my companion and I enjoyed the food (fresh, well prepared), wine (offbeat wine list was fun to browse and select from), and service. And I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a visitor. But unlike other dining spots in Portland to which I can't wait to return, I am unlikely to come back again to S&Co for another few years. Not because anything pushes me away, but because nothing extra special really draws me back. I don't feel as though they have put a stake in the ground to be truly special in their fish and seafood offerings - so what you can get here you can get elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great seafood and fun atmosphere!MollyDined on 1/18/2014We came here while on vacation in Portland and were so pleased with the seafood and fun environment! Definitely a repeater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurant withlocalfanDined on 1/15/2014Great seafood restaurant with lots of special touches. Only thing that was even slightly imperfect were the clams in white sauce--too tough. Try the raw oysters--to die for, and any small plates they offer. Really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Seafood RestaurantBJYMDDined on 1/13/2014When I crave seafood , I think Street & Co. Whether your desire is for simple perfect fish or spicy robust stew, the needs will be met with a fantastic entree. The Lobster Fra Diavolo, Fishermen's stew re to die for. Sole is prepared any number of ways, broiled, blackened etc. The meals are great and the service is perfect. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Street & Co Jan 10 2014SeaThaiDined on 1/10/2014On-line reservation process was great! Very convenient with confirmation email and phone call the day of the reservation. Seafood was excellent: broiled scallops and Arctic Char. Waiter was proficient, but could have smiled more. When he asked how the meals were and if we " were happy" it came across as disingenuous. Seating was a bit crowded and drafty by the windows. A second basket of bread was much appreciated. Service was quick and overall the experience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste menudrbhDined on 1/3/2014Street & Co. offers a selection of tastes in addition to their appetizers/salads and entrees. I can highly recommend creating your own multi-course taste menu from the tastes/appetizers sections. The house-cured duck, for example, is spectacular and the taste combinations with various cheeses are brilliant. Also, the slow-cooked Maine squid was unlike anything I've ever tried. Tender and tasty. Only the arugula salad with poached Maine shrimp was slightly anticlimactic. The creamy texture of the shrimp was weird and the salad just that - a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBooKatDined on 12/31/2013Warm and cozy inside on a cold NYE 2013. Love the wood beams in the ceiling. Our table had a good view of the open kitchen. Server was excellent at her job, attentive and prompt. We each started with 3 tastes: marinated anchovy, duck with pomegranate and Jerusalem artichoke soup with Parmesan. All were very good, but the soup was the clear winner. Dinner was the grilled swordfish, Sole Francaise and broiled Arctic Char. Loved the presentation of the Sole Francaise in the pan in which it was cooked and the fish was simply outstanding. All three dishes were served with red bliss potatoes and green beans on the side, simple, no surprises. Lovely meal.Special Features:
- Old Port gemJRCCHODined on 12/29/2013We were visiting Portland and had dinner with our friends, who are locals, at this fantastic restaurant in the Old Port area of downtown Portland. Our friends had not been there in several years, but all of us we're absolutely delighted with every aspect of our dining experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST in PortlandmammaherbDined on 12/28/2013Best mussels in Maine. Scallops Pernod to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedeemedIamTedKingDined on 12/26/2013When I'm in search of fine dining in Portland, you have plenty of options. I'm a huge fan of Fore Street and make that my typical go-to. I had one less than stellar experience at Street once upon a time, but tonight redeemed it. Outstanding food, menu was stunning (jut be sure you like seafood), okay service, but the cozy ambiance on a snowy evening made it all worth while. Love what Sam Hayward is doing these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/23/2013Street &Co. just seems to keep its marvelous food, atmosphere & service at the highest levels. A WONDERFUL spot, especially on a chilly night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho hum.GrumpyDined on 12/20/2013I could have stayed home and made a dry, uninviting piece of tuna... salty pile of broccoli too. Service was rushed but then, we were happy to leave.
- Travel several times a yearOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Travel several times a year just to dine here....it's that good!Special Features:
- Great restaurant and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2013Great restaurant. Amazing place. Lobster Diavolo is a classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diinner and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2013Great dinner and great food. Lobster diavolo is a classic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/29/2013Wonderful food and service. Had Sole Francais and it was as perfect as can be. Loved the purple potatoes. Nice pear dessert to follow a filling dinner.Always know we will have wonderful seafood choices there.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!mathieuhuotVIPDined on 11/23/2013We had an amazing evening at Street and Co. We wanted to have excellent local seafood meal and we we served! Great staff, and great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy dinnerDonaldDined on 11/21/2013This was our second time to Street &Co and it was another great dinner. The "Tastes" we had as appetizers were amazing. The duck and feta and figs were delicious. My wife had the scallops in Pernod and cream sauce and it was perfection. I opted for the clams and linguini in white sauce. It's a pretty simple dish, but mine was awful...very, very salty/briny almost to the point of being inedible. The waitress could not have been more understanding and asked if she could bring me something different and I ordered the grilled tuna ( barely grilled, sushi raw) it was great! Perfect piece of fish prepare perfectly. Very rustic chic cozy restaurant with great atmosphere. Our waitress Violette was as good as it getsSpecial Features:
- A perfect and wonderful restaurant.PJMJRDined on 11/16/2013A perfect and wonderful restaurant. Simply fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDyerNeckDined on 11/13/2013After hearing so many recommendations for Street & Co. I'm sorry to say we were very disappointed. The restaurant section was too bright,hot, loud, noisy and overcrowded. I thought I was at a circus! The people dining next to us were barely 14 inches away.... not at all comfortable. We had asked for a cozy corner. My friend's dinner of scallops was woefully over salted. The soup I was served looked beautiful but was bland. My salad was reasonably tasty but the spinach was tough... I specifically asked for my soup to be served before my salad but was served my salad first. The only redeeming quality we found was the lounge...cozy and comfortable with a friendly knowledgeable server.Special Features:
- Maine Seafood done rightJanieDined on 11/8/2013This is a special place to go for exquisite seafood (and more). I had sole and hubby had scallops, both done to perfection. Plate sizes are fairly generous. Salads are wonderful and small tastes also excellent. Next time I will try to eat less....I wanted everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland's best seafoodLiamOHeaDined on 11/7/2013We make a point of getting a table at Street & Co. whenever we're in, or passing through, Portland. The setting is casual, in an old port building. They have a good wine list, and a great oyster bar. If you love excellent seafood as we do, give this restaurant a try. We recommend you book your table in advance though, the place is very popular with the locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.