Strata Restaurant and Bar
122 Vintage Park Boulevard
Houston, TX 77070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Strata Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stratahouston.com/
- Phone: 2813792889
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Daily Happy Hour: 3:00 pm -7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Ly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. Catering packages available.
- Private Party Facilities: Strata has two private rooms which seat a maximum of 28. One room is wired with audio visuals for business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Strata Restaurant & Bar 2813792889
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings.
A word from Strata Restaurant and Bar
Strata Restaurant and Bar serves Contemporary American Cuisine. Strata is located in front of Vintage Park Shopping Center by Hwy 249 North facing Louetta Road. Strata offers dishes made from fresh seasonal ingredients with a wide array of entrees from steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, vegetarian and gluten free options. Signature favorites to enjoy include the Filet Mignon, Kobe Burger, Pork Schnitzel & Chilean Sea Bass. Complete your meal with our famous white chocolate bread pudding or Chocolate Nirvana and after dinner cocktails or a glass of wine. Strata is open daily for Lunch, Dinner and Saturday and Sunday Brunch. Two private dining rooms are available for business meetings or special events. Enjoy our daily happy hour which include specialty drinks & bar bites for $5 in the bar or patio area. Catering is also available for business luncheons or special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strata Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The food is so very good.JanetDined on 12/21/2013The food is so very good. This was my third dinner at La Strata. Second time for the shrimp and grits, which is an outstanding dish. creamy grits that melt in your mouth. I like the option of a small dish or regular sized dish. Very rarely see that option these days. Spent three hours having dinner and never felt rushed. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013My Husband and I decided on a last minute dinner outing and chose Strata. We were not disappointed. The food and atmosphere were excellent. We both had the filet and it was excellent, as were the potatoes and asparagus. We also enjoyed the fried mozzarella that was obviously not "pre-made" and was very tasty. This place is close to home and we look forward to trying out their happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up!sdrawkcab379Dined on 12/20/2013I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. On special occasions we like to go to Perry's but this will be our new spot. We agreed that the filets were the best tasting we have had. Which is a lot coming from his VERY picky palate. Also, our waiter was Josh who provided very attentive and efficient customer service. The tab was $100 for 4 beers, a salad, 10oz filet, and 8oz filet with shrimp. The steak was of great quality and definitely worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place I will return againVikingDined on 12/15/2013Service was very friendly and professional. Food selection was excellent for a brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal and nice serviceNdlevchakDined on 12/8/2013My filet was cooked very nicely. Potatoes were delicate and good. Lovely dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cherry duck was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013Cherry duck was excellent as was the service. Bar service was exceptional. Bartender came to table when I ordered a Hennessey Sidecar. Very professionalSpecial Features:
- Very pleased and will be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Very pleased and will be returning before Christmas for dinner.Special Features:
- Strata's SensationalPeggyDined on 12/6/2013We've eaten brunch twice and now dinner and all aspects; food, service and ambiance, have been superior. It's so great to find a restaurant like this that has excellent food. I had a coupon, sent to my email, that helped with the bill. Like that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated Strata's 4thPikyEaterDined on 11/29/2013We celebrated Strata's 4th Anniversary dinner. Price was excellent and menu choices were very good. All of the food and service met our expectations. Congratualtions to Stratat on thei first four (4) eas and may they have many more to come.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceTessaDined on 11/28/2013Attentive staff, good food, romantic ambiance. Don't miss the butternut squash soup - excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Day OutKd41Dined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed the bread and oil, but were not asked if we wanted more. We had the fried lobster appetizers which were very good, but five very small pieces for 16.95. I had a blood orange fizz which was good, but my daughter had a margarita which was really good, so I ordered one. We had been out of drinks for some time before we were asked for another order. Husband stuck to bud light. My daughter ordered a floater on top of her next one because not strong at all, which she was sure did not happen. Mine was fine as it was, very good taste, not very sour, perfect. Our steaks were total perfection and I enojoyed the potato pave and demiglaze very much. As chocolate lovers we both ordered the chocolate nirvana to go, which was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Went on Thanksgiving day. Had reservations, but they were not needed, plenty of open tables. Good food, reasonable price and great service. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatFoodaDined on 11/24/2013Went with a group of friends on a rainy day. The service was great, food was awesome. We were seated right away. Wine list was average. Overall a wonderful experience. Will definitely revisit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013We recommended this restaurant to friends and family within 24 hours of eating at Strata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, not worth the price.EmmyADined on 11/22/2013It was a nice evening but everything was just ok. Wine list was beyond expensive, with $10 bottles of wine going to $40-$50. Likely will not return.Special Features:
- greatletseatDined on 11/21/2013Really a nice place for a group or small gathering. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Anniversary specialcdk12usDined on 11/7/2013This was our first trip to Strata, but will not be our last. The staff was courteous and attentive. The food was excellent. The menu includes several dishes that I found intriguing. I had the Cherry Duck with Sirracha risotto and I enjoyed every aspect of it. My wife enjoyed her filet mignon. The martini was awesome. The only possible negative was that it was a little louder than I would have expected for a Thursday evening.Special Features:
- Southern comfortMrsFoodieDined on 11/5/2013By far this place has some of the best southern-Cajun-style food in this area! My husband and I have not been disappointed with the selection, taste or service. We have made this a "favorite" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013We had a great night... The outside area is great, the food wonderful and the service impeccable. Also try the bellini on the rocks.... the best..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here many times - Love it!likestrataDined on 11/1/2013We love Strata. Great food at great prices - always. We've never been disappointed with the food or service here. Since it was a great fall evening, we decided to sit outside. We were seated immediately, but it took a little bit before we got our napkins and silverware. Our table was a little wet when we sat down. Appeared to be condensation from a drink from prior patrons. We were given the wrong wine menu and they had to change it out. Small stuff that they took care of. This was probably our 7th time at Strata and I would rate the service as 5 stars for all of our prior visits. Maybe we just caught them at a bad time today, or new employees, etc. But we'll definitely be back for sure. As usual, the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAngelo1Dined on 10/31/2013We had dinner last week and decided on Strata at the last minute. Booked a reservation through Open Table. Was seated immediately upon arrival. My husband and I both had great dinners. He had the duck and I had the Chicken Florentine. Would definitely get them again. Service was perfect. Great selection of wines. Will definitely return and recommend this restaurant. We have eaten at all the restaurants in Vintage Park and think this restaurant is the best one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceNancyDined on 10/26/2013The shrimp and grits were outstanding, the steak was cooked perfectly, a good experience again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphere!TonyDined on 10/5/2013Food was delicious and abundant. Service was ok but slow at times. I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good go-to placedenisehDined on 10/5/2013Nice place when you want something better than you'd probably make at home but doesn't necessarily knock your socks off. Great prices, good service, and a nice outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodHCdinerDined on 10/5/2013We went with a large homecoming group and had a great time. The food and service were great! We really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseYvoDDined on 10/5/2013A group of college friends and I met up for brunch at Strata. During our 2.5 hour brunch, there were only 2 or three other parties seated. The place was so empty. The ambiance was beautiful. The restaurant is modern and has a few private dining areas that I'd be inclined to use in the future. There's also a small bar area with a television and bar seating. The food was ok. The bread with the herbed oil for dipping was the best! The group seemed to enjoy the food. The service was great. We spent a lot of time talking and catching up. The servers were patient and we didn't feel rushed. Overall, a very enjoyable brunch with the most awesome blood orange mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Good DinnerDaltrisVIPDined on 9/28/2013Food was good and portions were nice. Service was great. Would definitely visit again in the future to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!LucyDined on 9/28/2013We were surprised at how upscale Strata is while their prices are moderate. And the food was extraordinary and served in a manner that is pleasing to the eye, in keeping with five-star restaurants. The wine list was excellent, too. Also the parking is so much better than the other restaurants in the same location, since they are located slightly away from the center of Vintage Park. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Business LunchbrunchDined on 9/27/2013Good Find for business lunch. Menu selection was good. and staff was friendly. I will be back to this place for my business lunch gatheringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive server. FoodAnonVIPDined on 9/26/2013Very attentive server. Food came out quickly. Great vegetarian options. Great top-shelf bar.Special Features:
- Strata - always a favoriteBrunnerDined on 9/21/2013We are always pleased with Strata. It is a great resturant in the Vintage that has great menu choices and excellent service. We have never been disappointed whether it is for a special occasion or simply for the Sunday brunch they never fail to provide the best all around value for the dining dollar.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2013We thought the food was great! We enjoyed both the Southwest Corn Chowder and Tomato Poblano Soup. My Tuscan Salmon was also very good, and we really enjoyed the desserts -- White Chocolate Bread Pudding and Chocolate Nirvana. The restaurant is very attractive, but they could improve the ambiance a bit by lowering the lighting. Not a big deal of course...just an idea. The food very good, so I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKelly40NewDined on 9/20/2013Beautifully appointed. Interesting, unique menu. The food was delicious. And John was a great server, made great suggestions, food served hot and promptly. Strata was a great place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my husband and IsoinluvDined on 9/14/2013This was my husband and I first time dining at Strata's and our experience was wonderful. The rose petals on the table was a very nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013As a quick grab near the neighborhood . . . consistently delicious. LOVE the shrimp and grits. I also LOVE that you can order smaller entrees.Special Features:
- Vintage DiscoveryTXseniorsDined on 8/31/2013This was our first time to visit Strata because of a coupon we received in the mail and we will return. Our dinners were very good - filet for my husband and chicken almondine for me; and bread pudding for dessert was delish! I also loved the warm cream for my coffee - something I've only found once before at Commander's Palace in New Orleans. Cold cream just ruins a nice cup of hot coffee for me! We liked the small room atmosphere which was conducive to conversation.; but we will come back to enjoy the bar room where the musicians were playing. Our waitress Chelsea was attentive, friendly and informative about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and GritsJohnHoustonTXVIPDined on 8/26/2013Shrimp and Grits! Good Stuff! I really enjoy eating there.Special Features:
- A Bad ChoiceCricketDined on 8/17/2013My trout was extremely overdone and my husband's calamari sauce tasted like tomato soup. But the worst part of the experience was the terrible service. It is a shame because it used to be a nice restaurant.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013This is our fourth time at Strata, and it was very good. The food and the service were excellent. We split an appetizer then each had a grilled shrimp salad as an entrée. Very filling and very good. We also had a bottle of red wine with our meal. We wanted to split a slice of cheese cake for dessert but they no longer carry it. We had a bread pudding instead, which as very good.Special Features:
- pork chop was not flavorful. AssistOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2013pork chop was not flavorful. Assistant waiter was new, so could not discuss or recommend any dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.