Strata Restaurant and Bar
122 Vintage Park Boulevard
Houston, TX 77070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Strata Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stratahouston.com/
- Phone: (281) 379-2889
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Daily Happy Hour: 3:00 pm -7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Ly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. Catering packages available.
- Private Party Facilities: Strata has two private rooms which seat a maximum of 28. One room is wired with audio visuals for business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Strata Restaurant & Bar 2813792889
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings.
A word from Strata Restaurant and Bar
Strata Restaurant and Bar serves Contemporary American Cuisine. Strata is located in front of Vintage Park Shopping Center by Hwy 249 North facing Louetta Road. Strata offers dishes made from fresh seasonal ingredients with a wide array of entrees from steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, vegetarian and gluten free options. Signature favorites to enjoy include the Filet Mignon, Kobe Burger, Pork Schnitzel & Chilean Sea Bass. Complete your meal with our famous white chocolate bread pudding or Chocolate Nirvana and after dinner cocktails or a glass of wine. Strata is open daily for Lunch, Dinner and Saturday and Sunday Brunch. Two private dining rooms are available for business meetings or special events. Enjoy our daily happy hour which include specialty drinks & bar bites for $5 in the bar or patio area. Catering is also available for business luncheons or special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strata Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- KickabooDined on 11/7/2014Manager in bar area served me the wrong drink because she wasn't looking at me or paying attention when I ordered. It was not busy either. She also was scolding and talking down to other employees in front of patrons. Very unprofessional. She needs to get her serving skills right before berating them. I never voice issues unless they are warranted. I will return because I like the place but felt bad for other servers working hard and having people hear her talk down to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be Great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This is almost upscale priced, but they have to work on the ambiance. Tile floors, tables without table clothes, decor, etc. This could be a great place if they just did some interior decorating. Silly little things like the skinny steak knives. All the steak places will serve you a big steak knife before the meal. I just felt like I was eating a the local bar and paying the same prices for a steak as a Perry's. It did not have a romantic feel. Not a date night place. I guess I would say that if you just want a good steak that is inexpensive, go here. If you are taking out the significant other, you have a lot of better choices.
- Food and serviceMomsterDined on 10/21/2014Food came warm not hot, one of my friend sent it back, I ordered beef in medium, it looked rear, waiter lost-miss placed credit card's customer receipt of one person. Quiet, because hardly anyone else there at lunch time.Special Features:
- Food was very tasty!JCE3142Dined on 10/19/2014Mimosa's carafe was very good and the food was very tasty! The bread they make at the restaurant was excellent, but the service was lacking and slow. Not very attentive and seamed like they were missing servers and employees. It seamed as if the staff was disorganized from the Hostess all the way to the kitchen. Will try again!Special Features:
- Terrible crab cakesCypressdinerDined on 10/4/2014We went for appetizers and asked the waiter for a recommendation. He said the crab cakes were the best so we tried those. They were terrible. Very fishy! The hollandaise sauce would have helped cover the taste but they barely had any sauce. After eating these we were ready to go and didn't want to try anything else. They left a strange taste. Not sure if we will ever be back after this experience.Special Features:
- md32Dined on 10/4/2014Our waiter and food was unbelievably awesome. Just tried Strata on a whim and will visit at least once a month for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted regularMrsFoodieDined on 10/3/2014The lobster mac and cheese was awesome! My spouse and I really enjoyed the new menu items and was very impressed with the pairings. We look forward to going again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisKeeperDined on 9/13/2014Food was great .the drinks were on the high side and weak for what we paid .Special Features:
- OverpricedBigTexDined on 9/12/2014I booked at this restaurant after looking at the menu, thinking that I had never been here before. On the way to the restaurant, our daughter said yes we had been to Strata and she knew there was a reason we never went back. After our meal, we realized it was the $$ of the food and the small portions relative to other comparable restaurants. In addition, the waitress upsold to our son Béarnaise sauce on his steak....which in his opinion ruined his steak. Lot's of upselling on already overpriced meals. From a seating perspective, we were early and got seated immediately in an empty part of the restaurant on a 5 person table (we were a party of 4), which made our conversation and dining awkward.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service!FranTXDined on 8/31/2014We had a terrific experience mostly. The food and the service was wonderful - our whole group raved over it. The only unpleasant part was two tables of families with young children nearby who let their kids run wild (standing on chairs) and get loud (actual howling). Preschoolers can't sit still and quietly long in a nicer restaurant with a slower pace to enjoy a good meal. I understand that, but it detracted from the experience, especially when we had to ask one family to stop their kid from kicking the back of our seat (a booth) and popping over the top to stare at us. Parents, please consider getting a baby-sitter for your littlest ones if you're going to a really nice restaurant like Strata. It's not McDonalds.Special Features:
- Nice place around the Vintage areaNataliaDined on 8/29/2014I went for first time on Friday, which also happened to be my B-day. Food was good although I found more variety on the lunch menu than in the dinner's. I liked that it had live music outside and I could hear even if seating inside. Drinks were very good. The waiter provided a B-day treat, that was a nice detail. The only thing I didn't like was that the servers took long to return to the table. Other than that, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great find in Vintage Parkhelto1Dined on 8/22/2014While Strata isn't in the heart of Vintage Park, it should be on your must visit list. They have a great drink menu and the food was outstanding. I had a watermelon mojito and a sidecar which were both excellent. For my meal I opted for the grilled pork chop which was divine. And the service. The staff was very attentive and always there when we needed them. I highly recommend Strata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good priceBSPCVIPDined on 8/21/2014I went there for lunch, they have an executive menu for lunch that is very good and the price is very good too. Food was great and the staff very helpful, friendly and attentice. I recommend this place 100%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Really Good, But SlowJohn66VIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a large party (9). The evening started with them having us down for reservations of 5 instead of 9, despite me calling and emailing and confirming the reservation. They recovered nicely by placing us in a separate room, however. The server was slow in taking our order and the food was very slow coming out, but it was very tasty. Lots of interesting choices and everyone seemed to enjoy what they ordered. Aside from a couple of service related issues, it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- dont waste ypur timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014There is no review other than after listening to both hostess talk about how confused they were we set our reservation on line we were finally seated. Then after waiting 15 min. with no service at all, actually the waiter did look our way a few times but never came over. We decided to leave. So I would not recomend this place to any one. Worst sevice we have ever encountered.
- Birthday dinner13ramrodDined on 8/7/2014I had the Salmon blackened. It was very moist and delicious. My friend had the basil chicken and she said it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No compensation for their mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My husband's entree was delivered with mine but was incorrect. I was almost finished before he got his. No compensation was offered. Our waiter told us he had input the order wrong.Special Features:
- Service was slow at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The service was slow at best. The server was not response to needs and we had to ask several times for refill on our water and tea. Food was ok but didn't compensate for the lack of service received.
- Excellent as usualPeggyDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Strata several times. This evening was another delicious meal with excellent service. Both the shrimp and grits and the filet were great and the crab cakes are huge!Special Features:
- great foodHappyDiner2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food and service. I liked the idea of not having to go downtown for great food. I also like that you don't have to fight for a parking spot. I also enjoy the great service. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 368 reviews are from the Strata Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Not greatMkpatVIPDined on 7/21/2014Granted it was a Monday but the food was just so so. Had a steak the steak caprese and it was cooked ok but for a filet lacking in any seasoning. The cheese on top was rubbery and the tomato sauce it was sitting in tasted liked canned soup. The polenta cake I couldn't eat it was very greasy. However my dinner guest really enjoyed his seafood dish. The wine list was extensive and the restaurant itself was very warm and clean. Just might have caught them on a bad night.Special Features:
- greatdatenightDined on 7/19/2014First time there .Food was delicious! I love going to a place w/my hubby that doesn't have a kid menu. Sometimes you just need a break and enjoying an evening together. We live close by. very convenient. we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I enjoy finding great restaurants. This was our first visit to Strata and we found it to have excellent service, excellent food, and a quiet atmosphere where we were able to talk comfortably during dinner. We both ordered steak and they were cooked to perfection, tender, and great taste. We have definitely added Strata to our short list. We may take family and friends next time or just keep it to ourselves but we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but expected wow!ShayhemDined on 7/17/2014I arrived 5 mins early but was seated, hostess was kind. Ordered a cocktail and sent it back which seemed to aggravate my server even though I apologized repeatedly and promised to drink the next one as he seemed put out. My plus one was about twenty minutes late and so I was abandoned by waitstaff while I waited-no bread, just a whiskey...when my company arrived, nobody came but two or three different employees saw this and did nothing-we finally flagge down a new guy who them became our waiter and was great but then we had decent food but not exceptional and waited almost as long to pay the bill. I thought $80 for lunch would buy me a lot more joy-but as it were, I felt like I overpaid for a mediocre experience.Special Features:
- ServiceigladiusDined on 7/3/2014The service was excellent and the food was well presented. Tasty !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Food was great. Service was very amateurish, but they tried.Special Features:
- bad experiencedpenaDined on 6/20/2014We had s 7 pm reservation to celebrate my friend and my birthday which is the same day and we arrived early to happy hour, we were sat on patio and waited 30 min and no one came to help us. Then we went inside to a table by the bar ordered empanadas off the happy hour and still no one helped us, took for ever. Hardly anyone in restaurant. We thought of then moving to the dine area to our 7 o clock reservation, but we were scared with service so decided to leave and went to El tiempo cantina.
- 3rd time was not a charmCypressgalDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten here twice before and really enjoyed the food. This time we went for Fathers' Day brunch and were diappointed. The pork chop and cornbread pudding were very dry. Asparagus stems were woody. We were shocked that the crepe entree with strawberries were just 2 crepes filled with strawberry preserves. The poached pear salad is excellent as was the filet. We ended up playing musical plates for the family to all have something to eat.
- Poor service by waiterBadWaiterNotBadRestaurantDined on 6/14/2014We felt that as soon as our waiter (never heard his name when he said it the one time) realized that we were not ordering wine, a switch just turned that we were not deserving of quality service because the bill (and tip) would not be enough. We received more service from the other employees by being asked to have our teas refilled and more bread brought to our table while we waited on the food. Our waiter refilled our teas once. Also, when paying the bill (around $50), I paid with cash ($60) with believe that the waiter assumed the change was his as a tip. We waited around for about 10 minutes until he must have realized that we were waiting on our change and finally brought our bill fold back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationMrsRobDined on 6/7/2014We chose this spot to celebrate my daughter's graduation. This is one of my favorite spots and will continue to visit the place. We had a large group and was placed in a private area away from the regular diners which made it better for us and better for the other diners. Will definitely visit this place again.Special Features:
- no reservationhungrygirlDined on 5/31/2014Restaurant did not have my reservation. Hostess did not even know what open table was. Menu on line was dated to last thanksgiving holiday menu. Food and service was good and sense it was late at night they had many tables available. No reservation needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage ParkYummiesDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant! Have been there several times and we always have a terrific meal and service. They have a really nice Riesling called Hans Eiffel if you like a sweet wine. Had the artichoke ravioli with spinach and mushroom- FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlocaldiners2Dined on 5/30/2014Dinner was excellent, just a little pricey Bar was nice and lice music was great. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedBalouVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was mediocre, filet Oscar not cooked as ordered, then overdone, the trout was on the dry side, overall just too expensive for what was served.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014The eggs Benedict "Strata" were wonderful! Sat at the bar on a Sunday morning - wonderful food and service, plus beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Cannot Wait to Eat Here Again!haleymarie90Dined on 5/17/2014My boyfriend and I dined here for date night and we were very impressed with the great service, great food, and great drinks. We will be eating here again too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodNancyDined on 5/17/2014Another great meal and fun night at Strata. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healthyeatsDined on 5/15/2014The waiter apologized and alerted us that they were short 2 waiters, and he would be handling all the tables in our section. I think he worked hard to make sure we were taken care of that evening. There were 8 of us. I like this restaurant. because the food is good and it is quiet. If you want to have a place where you can carry on a conversation, this would be a good choice.Special Features:
- disappointedstacyDined on 5/11/2014Menu link given when making reservation was not same menu available. Service was slow. Charged for tea refills. Asked 3 times for bread. Only good food was the appetizer. Waiter had horrible B.O.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience at Strata. Look forward to going back and dining again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.