Straight Wharf Restaurant
6 Harbor Square
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Straight Wharf Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.straightwharfrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (508) 228-4499
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Bar open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Frasca & Amanda Lydon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an open-air back deck overlooking Nantucket's harbor, seating up to 50, and are open to reserving the entire restaurant for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson McConnell 5082284499
A word from Straight Wharf Restaurant
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant celebrates thirty-nine seasons of the beauty and simple luxury of life on Nantucket. Celebrating that heritage, we seek to serve food that speaks of this place and this culture, food you'd like to eat at the beach, re-interpreting summer classics and employing the larder of the land. Our wine list draws from the elegant chardonnay and pinot noir of Burgundy, the spicy syrah of the Rhone, the power of Piedmont's nebbiolo and Tuscany's sangiovese, Spain's mix of the rustic and the new, the old world whites of Germany, Austria, the Alsace and the Loire and the most food-friendly wines of America. We look forward to sharing with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Straight Wharf Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)romantic (52)scenic view (49)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014Had dinner at Straight Warf Sunday night. It was our last nice dinner on the island before heading out for the season. The atmosphere is very nice. The food was decent, but not outstanding. I'd recommend the sitting in the bar - same food, friendly, and not as expensive. The main negative was our waitress. She acted like she didn't want to be there, she barely answered questions we had about the menu, disappeared for extended periods of time and was just rude and surely. Too many other great places to eat on the island with both great food and service. Might not give SW another chance for a few yearsI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014Our pistachio dessert was awful. Instead of taking it off the bill at the end of the meal, we were given a dessert to take home. We were already finished with dinner, why would we need to take home another dessert?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great anniversary dinnerYukaWSDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had our 24th anniversary dinner here. I only requested a "romantic table", but they were so nice to give us each a glass of champagne to celebrate. Food was sophisticated and beautifully done. Service was friendly and professional. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- Lit by CandlelightKReneeDined on 9/30/2014The room and the setting are beautiful. This is one of Nantucket's finest restaurants so the prices are quite high. But with that, so are the portions. Everything - particularly the appetizers are quite large. The service is impeccable. This is definitely a special night out and the only problem is that there are so many top notch restaurants in Nantucket, a little experimentation is necessary to find your favorite one. Make sure one person in the party tries the Lobster Bake, it is their specialty and it is the "lovely version" of a typical clam bake.Special Features:
- Straight TalkCAPECRUSADERDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant came recommended. The bar scene was mostly late 20's and 30's crowd. The Restaurant side was nice. Food was good. I got chowder and in season salad...husband got swordfish. His fish was a bit "wet" but tasted good. Dessert was an apple tart with ice cream, it was good not great. We got no alcohol ,just tap water. Bill was $109.00 which I felt for soup salad, one meal, dessert no drinks was high. We paid less for similiar atmosphere and better food on the island.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2014SWR has become one of our two or three favorites on island - just great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- just missed being perfectBeachLadyDined on 9/25/2014if our entrees hadn't been so over-salted, this would have been a perfect meal. fortunately our water glasses were repeatedly refilled. we remembered later that our last experience at straight wharf, a few months earlier, had been the same. it's too bad, because the food was fresh and nicely prepared----and really didn't need or deserve that much salt.Special Features:
- JoJoDined on 9/24/2014Mussels, oysters, clam bake, scallops were all excellent. Good service and a great seafood evening. Ambiance is good but needs a little more lighting. Candlelight is romantic but hard to see menu and your food--and we have good eyesight. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momulladyAlbertDined on 9/20/2014FABULOUS!!! One of the top restaurants we have eaten at. The food was GREAT. A little dark by the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Food and atmosphere were terrific as well as the service. Scallops were very good. Fig cake dessert was just ok. A bit pricey but so are most of the restaurants on Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; fresh seafoodPAVisitorVIPDined on 9/10/2014We went here on our last night in Nantucket. Seafood was our choice - my husband had the seafood clam bake and I had the scallops. Both meals were excellent. Service was top-notch. A bit pricey but a wonderful meal and experience.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodACK52Dined on 9/5/2014We have dined at the Straight Wharf many times over the years. It has been a beacon of consistency and quality for a long time. Located on Straight Wharf it has a quiet, classy ambiance. The menu is seafood oriented, although there are a few items for non-fish eaters. The restaurant overlooks the harbor and there are inside and outside tables. Service is attentive and discrete.Special Features:
- Bar noneAckLoverDined on 9/4/2014I've been coming to Nantucket for over 3 decades, and this is the island's best restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!SusieQVIPDined on 9/3/2014One of our favorites on Nantucket. Never disappoints -no matter what we order or if we go as a twosome or with a group, everyone we bring here has truly enjoyed it. Even our vegetarian daughter! Scallops are great as is chicken under a brink. I love the gazpacho soup! Yummy. And service is always great too!Special Features:
- Best for tourist seasonFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Excellent venue for the foodie who likes to pair food and wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Very nice room. The best spot for an adult dinner of all the places I've been on the island. Very quiet with every table full and no screaming kids watching iPhones. The food was just short of outstanding, but very good in every way. The wine list was thorough and complete, but too expensive. I know the retail price of a lot of wines, and everything I recognized was three times higher. I saw one that was five times. The service was attentive, but I felt it was a little chilly. There was no charm or sense of hospitality. However, it didn't effect the experience. It just wasn't a plus. All in all, though, it is part of a small group of must visit restaurants on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!GeorgiaFoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014This was the best meal we had in Nantucket. Definitely the best oysters - the lemon granita finish was superb! And the lobster low country boil - words cannot describe! It was over the top! The lobster was more than ample and was cooked to perfection! Such a lovely presentation! Loved the ambience of this restaurant - everything was lit by candlelight. Added to the charm of the restaurant and the location. I will definitely visit again on my next trip to Nantucket!Special Features:
- Elegant NantucketNewYorkLuVIPDined on 8/26/2014Elegant establish on Nantucket with resort prices and great service. Food was perfect and bread was some of the best ever!!! Kitchen lost our ticket so wait was unusually long, after apologies made offer was made to buy a drink or dessert. Great service recovery.Special Features:
- Always greatChopperDined on 8/23/2014Straight Wharf is and has always been a fantastic restaurant with terrific food and a great modern atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentJenneBDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Straight Wharf and had an excellent experience...again. This restaurant does not disappoint. The atmosphere is charming, the servers pleasant and attentive and the food is outstanding. We shared the tagliatelle to start which was light and very bright tasting. We ordered scallops and the clam bake for entrees and sampled off of each other's plates. The fish is fresh and cooked perfectly. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailKAD11Dined on 8/19/2014Everything about this restaurant was outstanding. The food was unique and delicious! The service was outstanding, everyone at the restaurant was very attentive and professional. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aways a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, excellent views - a beautiful way to spend an evening on NantucketSpecial Features:
- Flavor fantasy!Search4delishDined on 8/18/2014After coming to the island every year for nine years, we finally tried Straight Wharf. We were missing out on the restaurant that we moved to number one on our list. Sitting in the dining room looking out on the water enjoying the most amazing food was unforgettable! The layers of flavor in the food from appetizer to dessert was incomparable! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!BoboVIPDined on 8/14/2014Every year I make a point to come here...it is always fabulous!Special Features:
- Still TerrificBostonBettyDined on 8/12/2014I have been to Straight Wharf Restaurant many times over the years. Tuesday I took a group of women who had never been (3 of which were on their first Nantucket visit). Thankfully, the restaurant still was a gem. We all loved our food, wine and the service. While it has evolved over the years, it is still a dependable gem in the middle of a heavy tourist area.Special Features:
- Great eveningOutwegoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a beautiful table out on the deck and our waitress was excellent and very informative. The watermelon gazpacho was amazing...I would go back just to have that again!Special Features:
- Lovely Nantucket restaurantMrs456VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to the Straight Wharf for years and it's always good. Nice island ambience, good food and service and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014We ate here for my wife's birthday a few days ago and everything was fantastic. I mentioned it was her birthday when making the reservation and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. We got a more private outdoor table and champagne to start the meal. Our waitress was great and everything we ordered was excellent. We will definitely be coming back next time we visit Nantucket.Special Features:
- View of harborboomerDined on 8/7/2014This is one of a handful of restaurants on the water in Nantucket. To get a view you need to be seated in the back. This is a favorite restaurant, but out of the three of us, one of us wasn't happy with the meal this time, thus the 4 stars. In the past I would have given it 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentKewenaDined on 8/4/2014We've been coming here every summer for 35 years, sometimes in a large group and sometimes only two of us. Straight Wharf never disappoints in food or service, and the location is spectacular with a view of the harbor. Many shops and restaurants come and go, but I hope Straight Wharf continues for as long as there is a Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket' bestBssddsDined on 8/1/2014This is, by far, one of Nantucket's best restaurants. Consistently great every year that we go there on vacation. Food is locally fresh, great presentation, and amazingly prepared. If on Nantucket, don't miss this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely evening.MorrDined on 7/31/2014We keep coming back summer after summer to this wonderful restaurant. The food is always excellent and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerirenaVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our group of 7 dined here and ordered several different dishes--all were outstanding. We were thrilled to see our favorite rose wine ( Domaine Vacheron Rose Sancerre) on the list and ordered a couple of bottles. All in all a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensivejodyDined on 7/28/2014Require dressy but waiters/waitresses wear black tee shirts and jeans. Food was good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great MealdphiDined on 7/23/2014The Straight Wharf is fantastic. Great food, excellent service and a location that can't be beat.Special Features:
- Great food. Great view.MickyMVIPDined on 7/22/2014Do not miss the chance to eat here when on the Island. The chef prepared the best striped bass special I have had in a very long time. Extensive Oyster menu, too.Special Features:
- globalfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Our favourite restaurant on the island--food consistently excellent (only restaurant to offer cold soups), service always professional, management always on the scene supervising, and wine list well above average. Bluefish pate before and shortbread at the end nice touches. Finally, last order at 9:45 very useful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellanceKnarfDined on 7/14/2014Fabulous food, view and service. Great spot to celebrate special occasions. Outdoor patio is especially desirable.Special Features:
- great locationsergeDined on 7/13/2014apart from waiting 45 min for our table, the food was ok and the location was great. we couldn't get a table on the terrasse, but the table we got after complaining from a table in the middle of the restaurant was at the window with great view. Food was ok but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Will ReturnluvgoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014Loved the inside and outside of the restaurant; high ceilings, spacious, except they had to add on to a table right next to us which cramped our space. The food, from the salad, the the clam bake, to the peach and blueberry galette, was delicious!Special Features: