Straight Wharf Restaurant
6 Harbor Square
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Straight Wharf Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.straightwharfrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5082284499
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Bar open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Frasca & Amanda Lydon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an open-air back deck overlooking Nantucket's harbor, seating up to 50, and are open to reserving the entire restaurant for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson McConnell 5082284499
A word from Straight Wharf Restaurant
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant celebrates thirty-nine seasons of the beauty and simple luxury of life on Nantucket. Celebrating that heritage, we seek to serve food that speaks of this place and this culture, food you'd like to eat at the beach, re-interpreting summer classics and employing the larder of the land. Our wine list draws from the elegant chardonnay and pinot noir of Burgundy, the spicy syrah of the Rhone, the power of Piedmont's nebbiolo and Tuscany's sangiovese, Spain's mix of the rustic and the new, the old world whites of Germany, Austria, the Alsace and the Loire and the most food-friendly wines of America. We look forward to sharing with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Straight Wharf Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)romantic (71)fit for foodies (68)special occasion (66)great for outdoor dining (60)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Everything about this restaurant was outstanding. The food was unique and delicious! The service was outstanding, everyone at the restaurant was very attentive and professional. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aways a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, excellent views - a beautiful way to spend an evening on NantucketSpecial Features:
- Flavor fantasy!Search4delishDined on 8/18/2014After coming to the island every year for nine years, we finally tried Straight Wharf. We were missing out on the restaurant that we moved to number one on our list. Sitting in the dining room looking out on the water enjoying the most amazing food was unforgettable! The layers of flavor in the food from appetizer to dessert was incomparable! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!BoboVIPDined on 8/14/2014Every year I make a point to come here...it is always fabulous!Special Features:
- Still TerrificBostonBettyDined on 8/12/2014I have been to Straight Wharf Restaurant many times over the years. Tuesday I took a group of women who had never been (3 of which were on their first Nantucket visit). Thankfully, the restaurant still was a gem. We all loved our food, wine and the service. While it has evolved over the years, it is still a dependable gem in the middle of a heavy tourist area.Special Features:
- Great eveningOutwegoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a beautiful table out on the deck and our waitress was excellent and very informative. The watermelon gazpacho was amazing...I would go back just to have that again!Special Features:
- Lovely Nantucket restaurantMrs456VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to the Straight Wharf for years and it's always good. Nice island ambience, good food and service and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014We ate here for my wife's birthday a few days ago and everything was fantastic. I mentioned it was her birthday when making the reservation and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. We got a more private outdoor table and champagne to start the meal. Our waitress was great and everything we ordered was excellent. We will definitely be coming back next time we visit Nantucket.Special Features:
- View of harborOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014This is one of a handful of restaurants on the water in Nantucket. To get a view you need to be seated in the back. This is a favorite restaurant, but out of the three of us, one of us wasn't happy with the meal this time, thus the 4 stars. In the past I would have given it 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentKewenaDined on 8/4/2014We've been coming here every summer for 35 years, sometimes in a large group and sometimes only two of us. Straight Wharf never disappoints in food or service, and the location is spectacular with a view of the harbor. Many shops and restaurants come and go, but I hope Straight Wharf continues for as long as there is a Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket' bestBssddsDined on 8/1/2014This is, by far, one of Nantucket's best restaurants. Consistently great every year that we go there on vacation. Food is locally fresh, great presentation, and amazingly prepared. If on Nantucket, don't miss this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely evening.MorrDined on 7/31/2014We keep coming back summer after summer to this wonderful restaurant. The food is always excellent and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerirenaVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our group of 7 dined here and ordered several different dishes--all were outstanding. We were thrilled to see our favorite rose wine ( Domaine Vacheron Rose Sancerre) on the list and ordered a couple of bottles. All in all a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensivejodyDined on 7/28/2014Require dressy but waiters/waitresses wear black tee shirts and jeans. Food was good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great MealdphiDined on 7/23/2014The Straight Wharf is fantastic. Great food, excellent service and a location that can't be beat.Special Features:
- Great food. Great view.MickyMVIPDined on 7/22/2014Do not miss the chance to eat here when on the Island. The chef prepared the best striped bass special I have had in a very long time. Extensive Oyster menu, too.Special Features:
- globalfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Our favourite restaurant on the island--food consistently excellent (only restaurant to offer cold soups), service always professional, management always on the scene supervising, and wine list well above average. Bluefish pate before and shortbread at the end nice touches. Finally, last order at 9:45 very useful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellanceKnarfDined on 7/14/2014Fabulous food, view and service. Great spot to celebrate special occasions. Outdoor patio is especially desirable.Special Features:
- great locationsergeDined on 7/13/2014apart from waiting 45 min for our table, the food was ok and the location was great. we couldn't get a table on the terrasse, but the table we got after complaining from a table in the middle of the restaurant was at the window with great view. Food was ok but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Will ReturnluvgoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014Loved the inside and outside of the restaurant; high ceilings, spacious, except they had to add on to a table right next to us which cramped our space. The food, from the salad, the the clam bake, to the peach and blueberry galette, was delicious!Special Features:
- BostonfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Have been to Straight Wharf many times, always great. Must sit out on the deck. Fabulous views of the harbor. Very friendly with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent creative dishes with wonderful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of wharf...My2CentsVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had great seats out on the veranda. Staff and service were very good and attentive. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Go Straight to Straight Wharf!nybudDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here and it was fantastic. We consider ourselves foodies surrounded by top chefs and great restaurants in the NY/Long Island area, so we've been to quite a few. Straight Wharf was right up there with the top of the top! Its ambience sets the seaside mood of casual elegance with focus on food and views. We were not disappointed! From start to finish, the food and presentation were amazing. I will book as soon as I can as Nantucket and Straight Wharf are memorable destinations.Special Features:
- Patti Devine CromackPatticDined on 6/30/2014Loved this restaurant, food was excellent. Definitely have the apple Rhubarb desert, it's amazing. I really like restaurants that have a local healthier menu and the food is great. This restaurant certainly fit the bill!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodZDined on 6/29/2014We have eaten here last year when we visited Nantucket, had a great dinner and were looking forward to another great dining experience. We were seated at a table that was adjacent to two other tables where there were families with infants and toddlers. Needless to say this was NOT the experience we were looking for. Since we decided we did not want wine with our meal, we could tell the waitress was not as attentive as she knew this would affect her tip. Overall service and atmosphere seemed snooty and insincere. Noise level was loud. And note to young parents-- it is NOT appropriate to bring babies and infants to expensive restaurants! The food was amazing but the dining experience was not-- and we will not return!
- Perfect romantic dinner!JVbrunchDined on 6/27/2014Incredible view of the water, fantastic decor, and great music. Truly perfect ambiance for a romantic dinner. The meal was positively exquisite, and very well prepared and presented. The meal was a great value for the high price -- in the past, we have eaten at similar restaurants, and they charge a very high price for small plates. Straight Wharf charges a fair price for a good sized and delectable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!SusieQVIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Whenever we have guests in town, we make sure to go to Straight Wharf. Everyone loves it, even my daughter who is a vegetarian. We were seated on the porch overlooking the harbor last night and it was very pleasant. Some members of our party had fish and several had the chicken under a brick. All enjoyed their meals very much. A true gem on Nantucket.Special Features:
- First time to Straight WharfMC526Dined on 6/25/2014It was our first time to Straight Wharf and the reviews we had read prior to going did not disappoint. The food was phenomenal with service to match. Each course was timed perfectly-- we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaa22Dined on 6/24/2014Both myself and my husband loved Straight Wharf and would highly recommend it. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and very attentive and the food was wonderful! If I had one comment it would be that I did request a table at a window when I made the reservation on Open Table and we were not seated near a window, with that said, the restaurant is so pretty and has such a nice relaxing atmosphere we forgot about a window view. Maybe next time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014The menu was different, but the food proved to be outstanding. Somewhat pricey, but it is Nantucket on the water, after all. The help was attentive and courteous, service was excellent. Great spot for a special occasion or date.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemkbirdDined on 6/20/2014It doesn't get much better than dinner at the Straight Wharf. Fantastic menu and wine list. Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner.bettymomDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful restaurant in all respects. Not any more expensive than many however better than all! Must have great management because every element of this restaurant is practiced yet fresh, and completely well-done. Beautiful restaurant indoors and out. Delicious, perfect menu with excellent quality food and innovative yet understandable preparation. Warm yet professional first-class staff. The perfection is actually inspirational. You will be very very happy you went here!Special Features:
- Great foodlovesnycresturants485VIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent. Grilled oysters very fresh. Soft shell crab, swordfish and fluke. All fresh fish and tasty vegetables. The restaurant is not set up for gluten free dining and they didn't seem to be happy about or accommodating to dietary restrictions. A bit frustrating for such a pricey place. Entrees are all around $40. Apps are closer to $20. For these prices I expect better service. It's nice to sit outside the look at the water.
- DuchessYummyDined on 6/15/2014Always exceptional and a favorite for many years! Food and wine and service all a treat to look forward to and remember fondly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lets have more lightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We went for dinner and enjoyed our meals (halibut and scallop dishes) but a couple of issues stopped it from being the best experience. It was very dark so the single candle on the table makes it hard not only to read the menu but also to see what you're eating. Romantic yes but a little more light would be great. Service wasn't that attentive and we had to ask for an ice bucket for our white wine. With the high pricing we expected a better all round experience but certainly the food & wine were very good.Special Features:
- Sophisticated water diningSherylDined on 6/12/2014Even though we were late they even saved our table . The food was totally delicious. All the seasonings and flavors of the fine herbs enhanced the scallops and did not overwhelm it. The vegetables were perfectly crisp and flavorful.Our server, Sophie, was well versed in the menu, She was very attentive and friendly. And the backup staff were all very professional and had excellent manners. The happy bar scene was located in a different area of the restaurant and the noise was well contained there. Straight Wharf is a must visit while on Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, pricyKeenObserverDined on 6/12/2014Great food and ambience, but very pricy with moderate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Res4meVIPDined on 6/11/2014Straight Wharf is as charming as it is delicious, and offers an excellent Nantucket harbor view from the enclosed back patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining Experience!LoriDined on 6/7/2014The dining room reflected the true atmosphere on Nantucket including the ferry puttering up to the porch of the restaurant as we sipped sparkling wine. The scallop entree was outstanding -- one of the best I've ever had. Served with it was a delicious cauliflower puree. I will definitely return my next trip back to the island. Highly reco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.