Straight Wharf Restaurant
6 Harbor Square
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Straight Wharf Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.straightwharfrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5082284499
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Bar open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Frasca & Amanda Lydon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an open-air back deck overlooking Nantucket's harbor, seating up to 50, and are open to reserving the entire restaurant for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson McConnell 5082284499
A word from Straight Wharf Restaurant
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant celebrates thirty-nine seasons of the beauty and simple luxury of life on Nantucket. Celebrating that heritage, we seek to serve food that speaks of this place and this culture, food you'd like to eat at the beach, re-interpreting summer classics and employing the larder of the land. Our wine list draws from the elegant chardonnay and pinot noir of Burgundy, the spicy syrah of the Rhone, the power of Piedmont's nebbiolo and Tuscany's sangiovese, Spain's mix of the rustic and the new, the old world whites of Germany, Austria, the Alsace and the Loire and the most food-friendly wines of America. We look forward to sharing with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Straight Wharf Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)fit for foodies (79)romantic (78)special occasion (77)great for outdoor dining (69)notable wine list (51)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Excellent food; fresh seafoodPAVisitorDined on 9/10/2014We went here on our last night in Nantucket. Seafood was our choice - my husband had the seafood clam bake and I had the scallops. Both meals were excellent. Service was top-notch. A bit pricey but a wonderful meal and experience.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodACK52Dined on 9/5/2014We have dined at the Straight Wharf many times over the years. It has been a beacon of consistency and quality for a long time. Located on Straight Wharf it has a quiet, classy ambiance. The menu is seafood oriented, although there are a few items for non-fish eaters. The restaurant overlooks the harbor and there are inside and outside tables. Service is attentive and discrete.Special Features:
- Bar noneAckLoverDined on 9/4/2014I've been coming to Nantucket for over 3 decades, and this is the island's best restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!SusieQVIPDined on 9/3/2014One of our favorites on Nantucket. Never disappoints -no matter what we order or if we go as a twosome or with a group, everyone we bring here has truly enjoyed it. Even our vegetarian daughter! Scallops are great as is chicken under a brink. I love the gazpacho soup! Yummy. And service is always great too!Special Features:
- Best for tourist seasonFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Excellent venue for the foodie who likes to pair food and wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Very nice room. The best spot for an adult dinner of all the places I've been on the island. Very quiet with every table full and no screaming kids watching iPhones. The food was just short of outstanding, but very good in every way. The wine list was thorough and complete, but too expensive. I know the retail price of a lot of wines, and everything I recognized was three times higher. I saw one that was five times. The service was attentive, but I felt it was a little chilly. There was no charm or sense of hospitality. However, it didn't effect the experience. It just wasn't a plus. All in all, though, it is part of a small group of must visit restaurants on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!GeorgiaFoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014This was the best meal we had in Nantucket. Definitely the best oysters - the lemon granita finish was superb! And the lobster low country boil - words cannot describe! It was over the top! The lobster was more than ample and was cooked to perfection! Such a lovely presentation! Loved the ambience of this restaurant - everything was lit by candlelight. Added to the charm of the restaurant and the location. I will definitely visit again on my next trip to Nantucket!Special Features:
- Elegant NantucketNewYorkLuVIPDined on 8/26/2014Elegant establish on Nantucket with resort prices and great service. Food was perfect and bread was some of the best ever!!! Kitchen lost our ticket so wait was unusually long, after apologies made offer was made to buy a drink or dessert. Great service recovery.Special Features:
- Always greatChopperDined on 8/23/2014Straight Wharf is and has always been a fantastic restaurant with terrific food and a great modern atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentJenneBDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Straight Wharf and had an excellent experience...again. This restaurant does not disappoint. The atmosphere is charming, the servers pleasant and attentive and the food is outstanding. We shared the tagliatelle to start which was light and very bright tasting. We ordered scallops and the clam bake for entrees and sampled off of each other's plates. The fish is fresh and cooked perfectly. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailKAD11Dined on 8/19/2014Everything about this restaurant was outstanding. The food was unique and delicious! The service was outstanding, everyone at the restaurant was very attentive and professional. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aways a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, excellent views - a beautiful way to spend an evening on NantucketSpecial Features:
- Flavor fantasy!Search4delishDined on 8/18/2014After coming to the island every year for nine years, we finally tried Straight Wharf. We were missing out on the restaurant that we moved to number one on our list. Sitting in the dining room looking out on the water enjoying the most amazing food was unforgettable! The layers of flavor in the food from appetizer to dessert was incomparable! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!BoboVIPDined on 8/14/2014Every year I make a point to come here...it is always fabulous!Special Features:
- Still TerrificBostonBettyDined on 8/12/2014I have been to Straight Wharf Restaurant many times over the years. Tuesday I took a group of women who had never been (3 of which were on their first Nantucket visit). Thankfully, the restaurant still was a gem. We all loved our food, wine and the service. While it has evolved over the years, it is still a dependable gem in the middle of a heavy tourist area.Special Features:
- Great eveningOutwegoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a beautiful table out on the deck and our waitress was excellent and very informative. The watermelon gazpacho was amazing...I would go back just to have that again!Special Features:
- Lovely Nantucket restaurantMrs456VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to the Straight Wharf for years and it's always good. Nice island ambience, good food and service and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014We ate here for my wife's birthday a few days ago and everything was fantastic. I mentioned it was her birthday when making the reservation and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. We got a more private outdoor table and champagne to start the meal. Our waitress was great and everything we ordered was excellent. We will definitely be coming back next time we visit Nantucket.Special Features:
- View of harborOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014This is one of a handful of restaurants on the water in Nantucket. To get a view you need to be seated in the back. This is a favorite restaurant, but out of the three of us, one of us wasn't happy with the meal this time, thus the 4 stars. In the past I would have given it 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentKewenaDined on 8/4/2014We've been coming here every summer for 35 years, sometimes in a large group and sometimes only two of us. Straight Wharf never disappoints in food or service, and the location is spectacular with a view of the harbor. Many shops and restaurants come and go, but I hope Straight Wharf continues for as long as there is a Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket' bestBssddsDined on 8/1/2014This is, by far, one of Nantucket's best restaurants. Consistently great every year that we go there on vacation. Food is locally fresh, great presentation, and amazingly prepared. If on Nantucket, don't miss this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely evening.MorrDined on 7/31/2014We keep coming back summer after summer to this wonderful restaurant. The food is always excellent and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerirenaVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our group of 7 dined here and ordered several different dishes--all were outstanding. We were thrilled to see our favorite rose wine ( Domaine Vacheron Rose Sancerre) on the list and ordered a couple of bottles. All in all a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensivejodyDined on 7/28/2014Require dressy but waiters/waitresses wear black tee shirts and jeans. Food was good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great MealdphiDined on 7/23/2014The Straight Wharf is fantastic. Great food, excellent service and a location that can't be beat.Special Features:
- Great food. Great view.MickyMVIPDined on 7/22/2014Do not miss the chance to eat here when on the Island. The chef prepared the best striped bass special I have had in a very long time. Extensive Oyster menu, too.Special Features:
- globalfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Our favourite restaurant on the island--food consistently excellent (only restaurant to offer cold soups), service always professional, management always on the scene supervising, and wine list well above average. Bluefish pate before and shortbread at the end nice touches. Finally, last order at 9:45 very useful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellanceKnarfDined on 7/14/2014Fabulous food, view and service. Great spot to celebrate special occasions. Outdoor patio is especially desirable.Special Features:
- great locationsergeDined on 7/13/2014apart from waiting 45 min for our table, the food was ok and the location was great. we couldn't get a table on the terrasse, but the table we got after complaining from a table in the middle of the restaurant was at the window with great view. Food was ok but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Will ReturnluvgoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014Loved the inside and outside of the restaurant; high ceilings, spacious, except they had to add on to a table right next to us which cramped our space. The food, from the salad, the the clam bake, to the peach and blueberry galette, was delicious!Special Features:
- BostonfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Have been to Straight Wharf many times, always great. Must sit out on the deck. Fabulous views of the harbor. Very friendly with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent creative dishes with wonderful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of wharf...My2CentsVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had great seats out on the veranda. Staff and service were very good and attentive. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Go Straight to Straight Wharf!nybudDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here and it was fantastic. We consider ourselves foodies surrounded by top chefs and great restaurants in the NY/Long Island area, so we've been to quite a few. Straight Wharf was right up there with the top of the top! Its ambience sets the seaside mood of casual elegance with focus on food and views. We were not disappointed! From start to finish, the food and presentation were amazing. I will book as soon as I can as Nantucket and Straight Wharf are memorable destinations.Special Features:
- Patti Devine CromackPatticDined on 6/30/2014Loved this restaurant, food was excellent. Definitely have the apple Rhubarb desert, it's amazing. I really like restaurants that have a local healthier menu and the food is great. This restaurant certainly fit the bill!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodZDined on 6/29/2014We have eaten here last year when we visited Nantucket, had a great dinner and were looking forward to another great dining experience. We were seated at a table that was adjacent to two other tables where there were families with infants and toddlers. Needless to say this was NOT the experience we were looking for. Since we decided we did not want wine with our meal, we could tell the waitress was not as attentive as she knew this would affect her tip. Overall service and atmosphere seemed snooty and insincere. Noise level was loud. And note to young parents-- it is NOT appropriate to bring babies and infants to expensive restaurants! The food was amazing but the dining experience was not-- and we will not return!
- Perfect romantic dinner!JVbrunchDined on 6/27/2014Incredible view of the water, fantastic decor, and great music. Truly perfect ambiance for a romantic dinner. The meal was positively exquisite, and very well prepared and presented. The meal was a great value for the high price -- in the past, we have eaten at similar restaurants, and they charge a very high price for small plates. Straight Wharf charges a fair price for a good sized and delectable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!SusieQVIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Whenever we have guests in town, we make sure to go to Straight Wharf. Everyone loves it, even my daughter who is a vegetarian. We were seated on the porch overlooking the harbor last night and it was very pleasant. Some members of our party had fish and several had the chicken under a brick. All enjoyed their meals very much. A true gem on Nantucket.Special Features:
- First time to Straight WharfMC526Dined on 6/25/2014It was our first time to Straight Wharf and the reviews we had read prior to going did not disappoint. The food was phenomenal with service to match. Each course was timed perfectly-- we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaa22Dined on 6/24/2014Both myself and my husband loved Straight Wharf and would highly recommend it. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and very attentive and the food was wonderful! If I had one comment it would be that I did request a table at a window when I made the reservation on Open Table and we were not seated near a window, with that said, the restaurant is so pretty and has such a nice relaxing atmosphere we forgot about a window view. Maybe next time!Special Features: