Straight Wharf Restaurant
6 Harbor Square
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Straight Wharf Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.straightwharfrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (508) 228-4499
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Bar open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Frasca & Amanda Lydon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an open-air back deck overlooking Nantucket's harbor, seating up to 50, and are open to reserving the entire restaurant for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson McConnell 5082284499
A word from Straight Wharf Restaurant
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant celebrates thirty-nine seasons of the beauty and simple luxury of life on Nantucket. Celebrating that heritage, we seek to serve food that speaks of this place and this culture, food you'd like to eat at the beach, re-interpreting summer classics and employing the larder of the land. Our wine list draws from the elegant chardonnay and pinot noir of Burgundy, the spicy syrah of the Rhone, the power of Piedmont's nebbiolo and Tuscany's sangiovese, Spain's mix of the rustic and the new, the old world whites of Germany, Austria, the Alsace and the Loire and the most food-friendly wines of America. We look forward to sharing with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Straight Wharf Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)romantic (52)scenic view (49)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BostonfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Have been to Straight Wharf many times, always great. Must sit out on the deck. Fabulous views of the harbor. Very friendly with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent creative dishes with wonderful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of wharf...My2CentsVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had great seats out on the veranda. Staff and service were very good and attentive. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Go Straight to Straight Wharf!nybudDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here and it was fantastic. We consider ourselves foodies surrounded by top chefs and great restaurants in the NY/Long Island area, so we've been to quite a few. Straight Wharf was right up there with the top of the top! Its ambience sets the seaside mood of casual elegance with focus on food and views. We were not disappointed! From start to finish, the food and presentation were amazing. I will book as soon as I can as Nantucket and Straight Wharf are memorable destinations.Special Features:
- Patti Devine CromackPatticDined on 6/30/2014Loved this restaurant, food was excellent. Definitely have the apple Rhubarb desert, it's amazing. I really like restaurants that have a local healthier menu and the food is great. This restaurant certainly fit the bill!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodZDined on 6/29/2014We have eaten here last year when we visited Nantucket, had a great dinner and were looking forward to another great dining experience. We were seated at a table that was adjacent to two other tables where there were families with infants and toddlers. Needless to say this was NOT the experience we were looking for. Since we decided we did not want wine with our meal, we could tell the waitress was not as attentive as she knew this would affect her tip. Overall service and atmosphere seemed snooty and insincere. Noise level was loud. And note to young parents-- it is NOT appropriate to bring babies and infants to expensive restaurants! The food was amazing but the dining experience was not-- and we will not return!
- Perfect romantic dinner!JVbrunchDined on 6/27/2014Incredible view of the water, fantastic decor, and great music. Truly perfect ambiance for a romantic dinner. The meal was positively exquisite, and very well prepared and presented. The meal was a great value for the high price -- in the past, we have eaten at similar restaurants, and they charge a very high price for small plates. Straight Wharf charges a fair price for a good sized and delectable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!SusieQVIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Whenever we have guests in town, we make sure to go to Straight Wharf. Everyone loves it, even my daughter who is a vegetarian. We were seated on the porch overlooking the harbor last night and it was very pleasant. Some members of our party had fish and several had the chicken under a brick. All enjoyed their meals very much. A true gem on Nantucket.Special Features:
- First time to Straight WharfMC526Dined on 6/25/2014It was our first time to Straight Wharf and the reviews we had read prior to going did not disappoint. The food was phenomenal with service to match. Each course was timed perfectly-- we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaa22Dined on 6/24/2014Both myself and my husband loved Straight Wharf and would highly recommend it. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and very attentive and the food was wonderful! If I had one comment it would be that I did request a table at a window when I made the reservation on Open Table and we were not seated near a window, with that said, the restaurant is so pretty and has such a nice relaxing atmosphere we forgot about a window view. Maybe next time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014The menu was different, but the food proved to be outstanding. Somewhat pricey, but it is Nantucket on the water, after all. The help was attentive and courteous, service was excellent. Great spot for a special occasion or date.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemkbirdDined on 6/20/2014It doesn't get much better than dinner at the Straight Wharf. Fantastic menu and wine list. Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner.bettymomDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful restaurant in all respects. Not any more expensive than many however better than all! Must have great management because every element of this restaurant is practiced yet fresh, and completely well-done. Beautiful restaurant indoors and out. Delicious, perfect menu with excellent quality food and innovative yet understandable preparation. Warm yet professional first-class staff. The perfection is actually inspirational. You will be very very happy you went here!Special Features:
- Great foodlovesnycresturants485VIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent. Grilled oysters very fresh. Soft shell crab, swordfish and fluke. All fresh fish and tasty vegetables. The restaurant is not set up for gluten free dining and they didn't seem to be happy about or accommodating to dietary restrictions. A bit frustrating for such a pricey place. Entrees are all around $40. Apps are closer to $20. For these prices I expect better service. It's nice to sit outside the look at the water.
- DuchessYummyDined on 6/15/2014Always exceptional and a favorite for many years! Food and wine and service all a treat to look forward to and remember fondly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lets have more lightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We went for dinner and enjoyed our meals (halibut and scallop dishes) but a couple of issues stopped it from being the best experience. It was very dark so the single candle on the table makes it hard not only to read the menu but also to see what you're eating. Romantic yes but a little more light would be great. Service wasn't that attentive and we had to ask for an ice bucket for our white wine. With the high pricing we expected a better all round experience but certainly the food & wine were very good.Special Features:
- Sophisticated water diningSherylDined on 6/12/2014Even though we were late they even saved our table . The food was totally delicious. All the seasonings and flavors of the fine herbs enhanced the scallops and did not overwhelm it. The vegetables were perfectly crisp and flavorful.Our server, Sophie, was well versed in the menu, She was very attentive and friendly. And the backup staff were all very professional and had excellent manners. The happy bar scene was located in a different area of the restaurant and the noise was well contained there. Straight Wharf is a must visit while on Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, pricyKeenObserverDined on 6/12/2014Great food and ambience, but very pricy with moderate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Res4meVIPDined on 6/11/2014Straight Wharf is as charming as it is delicious, and offers an excellent Nantucket harbor view from the enclosed back patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining Experience!LoriDined on 6/7/2014The dining room reflected the true atmosphere on Nantucket including the ferry puttering up to the porch of the restaurant as we sipped sparkling wine. The scallop entree was outstanding -- one of the best I've ever had. Served with it was a delicious cauliflower puree. I will definitely return my next trip back to the island. Highly reco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Straight Wharf dining is specialNicknameVIPDined on 6/4/2014Our first dinner this season at Straight Wharf was during the Restaurant Week. We had our favorite table with great food, great service, everything was special.Special Features:
- SAM22Dined on 6/4/2014I've been meaning to get to Straight Wharf for years and wasn't disappointed...the food was among the best I've had on Nantucket. I really liked being able to book/reschedule my reservation online.Special Features:
- Terrible experienceHokeyVIPDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant is not up to the standards set by top of the line Nantucket restaurants such as the Pearl and Oran Mor, even though the prices are similar. Restaurant week was the prior week, and they had the same menu. The tuna in my appetizer must have been left over from the week before as it was slimy and not fresh. My lobster main dish was good, but at least half of my wife's steak was fat and grissel. Although not in this case, the differentiator for good restaurants is often the quality of service. Unfortunately, even if the food had been good, this restaurant would still be second rate because of the poor to average service.
- disappointedluvgoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I were looking forward to our dinner at Straight Wharf. We were so diappointed with the quality of food. My fluke was tasteless and my husbands sirloin was fatty and chewy.
- Great Everything!ThetreatqueenDined on 5/18/2014Straight Wharf is always a favorite and never disappoints!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!SusieQVIPDined on 5/17/2014Straight Wharf is always a wonderful experience! The food is delicious and the entire dining experience is really pleasant. We sat on the porch facing the harbor. A little too chilly for the porch to be completely opened up but with the plastic dropped and heaters on it was very pleasant. Tables are spaced out a bit do even with two people you don't feel crowded. The food was excellent as always. Mostly seafood but this time we both had chicken under a brick and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Was seated right away androckhallDined on 10/13/2013Was seated right away and the waitress came right over to take a drink order. She was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu and wines offered. Food was superb as well as the service. A bit pricy for every day but perfect for a special occasion or a nice dinner out once in a while. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in NantucketRobAndJeanneVIPDined on 10/8/2013Straight Wharf is such an unassuming place that one would be surprised to find the best dining in Nantucket. On the same visit we ate at Toppers (excellent) and the Brant Point Grill (good) but Straight Wharf topped both in terms of inventive cuisine, beautiful presentation, thoughtful service and reasonable prices. We started out with drinks at the bar and were pleased with the generous pour and the easy banter. The bar menu looked great in its homey, informal feel but we were surprised that the restaurant offered a completely different selection and some amazing dishes, certainly on a caliber of the best restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket GemsammyVIPDined on 9/29/2013There is so much right about the Nantucket restaurant scene. Straight Wharf takes it to the next level. The only down side is they are not open in the winter,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful diningzeker1VIPDined on 9/28/2013We had a wonderful dining experience at Straight Wharf. Food was quite tasty and nicely presented. Imaginative pairing of veggies with both fish and fowl. Kitchen certainly knows how to prepare their cuisine. As with all things on Nantucket--quite expensive, but quality is there.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!EllenDined on 9/25/2013delicious food, highly recommended. Just wish the appetizer salad wasn't so monstrous! hated sending so much back.Special Features:
- one of the better places on ACKOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2013We loved this place! Our reservation was at 8:15 and we were promptly sat. We had an outdoor table which was so romantic. The food was fantastic. For appetizers we had the harvest salad which was delicious and the ricotta cavatelli which was equally as good. My husband and I both had the scallops which were perfectly seared. Everything about that night was magical. What a great place to celebrate a special occasion or just to have a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal at StarightpidgeDined on 9/17/2013We had a great meal at Staright wharf a few days ago!!!Special Features:
- Nice Service, delicious foodSGK10023VIPDined on 8/29/2013Our server was very helpful and just right the blend of encouraging without being pushy. The pate to start was perfect. My salad was so fresh and huge. My husband's oysters were beautiful and good and his pasta quite yummy. We were quite stuffed from a late lunch when we arrived, but everything was so good we suddenly found room! We were in the outdoor area with the view of the harbor and it was perfectly Nantucket charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best on NantucketGabrielleDined on 8/28/2013Absolutely stunning meal every time I have Bren. You get what you pay for at straight wharf. Service is very good, servers are attentive and knowledgeable - though quite snobby, but that is the norm in the island. Food is the star here - amazing meal and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service,hhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 8/28/2013Great food, excellent service, beautiful setting on the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowChrishodgeVIPDined on 8/26/2013Best meal I have ever had in Nantucket, and that is saying something.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2013I always enjoy the food here. This time was no exception. The watermelon gazpacho is amazing, as is the SWR lobster bake. The space itself is a little dated (feels a bit like a B&B) but there's a nice view of the harbor. Overall a Nantucket classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013Innovative, well executed menu. Everything was fresh, delicious, seasonal and beautifully plated. The service was outstanding and the view from the deck is gorgeous. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2013One of the best meals I've ever had. Everything was perfect, from the knowledgeable and friendly waiter who had fabulous suggestions, to one of the most wonderful meals I've ever eaten. The restaurant is very romantic, right near the water, candlelight, not a lot of noise. Just perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.