241 Spadina Ave
Toronto, ON M5T 2E2Neighborhood:
Chinatown / Kensington Market
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.strada241.com/
- Phone: 6473511200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Wednesday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday & Friday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 11:30pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Guy Rubino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Strada 241's focus on local product with a southern Italian feel makes us the natural choice for your next catered event. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner options perfect for any office party, luncheon or gathering. Please ask for Tania to discuss how we can make your next event simply.......delizioso!!!!
A word from Strada 241
Strada241 is your casual, fun Southern Italian restaurant located at 241 Spadina Ave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strada 241 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Small menu but outstanding food, everything was so fresh and flavorful and the presentation was perfect. Very very good coffee. Best of all though was the service, definitely one of the best service experiences I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly slow serviceVeryUnhappyCustomerDined on 3/15/201445 minute wait for food and there were only 4-5 active tables, including ours - a table of six. The portions were not great, the server's recommendations did not live up to expectation, and the wait time and overall experience were awful. I would never go back here again.
- Decent. Needs work.FrankyDined on 3/14/2014Another entry into the Toronto pizza/pasta war. What's really interesting is the location; Chinatown. Unusual to say the least. The neighborhood is hip with an ethnic edge. Very nice interior design, if a bit casual. The kitchen was slow even though we were there at 5:30. Food was interesting. Lots of salads. You can see that they are trying to differentiate themselves with their pizza and pasta combinations. The Ingredients were fresh and flavours were fine if a touch on the bland side. I was expecting a little more "pop". Wine selection by the glass was dismal. Definitely needs work in this area. The cocktails were very good but looked like something everyone else was serving. Overall you could do a lot worst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!TorontoDinerDined on 3/9/2014Have been a few times and can never get over how amazing the space is. It has huge ceilings, great decor and right out of a magazine. But aside from loving the look and design of the place, the food is phenomenal. Everything is delicious and the service is amazing. Definitely a place to visit over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual dining. ExcellenthighexpectationsDined on 2/28/2014Great casual dining. Excellent wood fired pizzas. The asparagus appetizer was delicious as well. Great service - friendly, attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphere.mmMmTorontoDined on 2/27/2014An agency took us here for dinner and it was nothing but a great experience. With exposed brick, wooden chairs, and an open concept layout, Strada is the perfect Toronto hot spot for a delicious meal. My only complaint - the wine glasses are too small!Special Features:
- Very friendly wait staff andYumyumDined on 2/14/2014Very friendly wait staff and very helpful I. Recommending dishes. The soup (potato leek) was a disappointment but the pasta and salmon carpaccio were very yummy. Definitely worth going back to for a casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of six went to dinnerTonyDined on 1/29/2014Our group of six went to dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal. The atmosphere is great - love the open space into the kitchen area. The caesar salad is prepared uniquely and was quite tasty. The pizzas were awesome! Go with someone you know so you can taste different dishes. The service was great - genuine, helpful and light hearted. Only regret - no room for dessert. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyNiceViewVIPDined on 1/24/2014Went at 6:00 on a Friday night when it was -30. It wasn't too busy but I blame the cold weather for that. Great pizza! Amazing service. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Surprise Italian Gem in Chinatown!LuckyfishDined on 1/23/2014Great place, so happy I found it. Was looking for something near the AGO to meet friends for lunch. Found this on Spadina just south of Dundas and was skeptical when I booked but absolutely loved it. Great rustic ambience, impeccable service, wonderful food and very reasonable prices. I had the roast red pepper and fennel soup and a pizza. The soup was excellent, had a little kick to it which I loved. The pizza was not quite as thin crust as I would have preferred but was perfect with fresh and interesting ingredients. My only suggestion to the management is to add more wines by the glass. I found the wine list very short. If I was planning a bottle it wouldn't have been an issue, but unfortunately for lunch - I was not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the calamari is worth the tripfigs2cocoaDined on 1/22/2014The highlight, in terms of the dining experience, was the excellent service from our bespectacled young server. He was knowledgeable, polite, charming and generally a delight. Strada 241 is a beautiful space, yet the gorgeous room felt a bit unfinished. In terms of the food, the calamari was very, very good. Perfectly tender (threatened with heat is the term I'm heard) with a light golden crust - delicious. The roasted asparagus with zabaglione was good, yet my personal preference is for a simpler presentation. Roasted asparagus with shaved parmagiano reggiano would have been a better pairing, in my opinion. The layered dessert with vanilla and chocolate cream and strawberries was light and refreshing, without being too sweet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I went heresonbonDined on 1/18/2014My girlfriend and I went here before we went out for the night. Great food, great wine, great service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Celebrated my birthday at Strada! Highly recommended for groups! And very central!Special Features:
- Rich food with a great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Except for maybe the dessert, it's a good price fr what you get. The food is unique for Toronto and has a rich flavour. The waiter was superb as well, he did a great job and gave that little extra to make the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food and friendlyLuv2eatDined on 12/21/2013Great service, food and friendly atmosphere. Interesting building, vault ceilings with open concept kitchen located in China Town district. Unfortunately it was very quiet for a Saturday evening. Hope things pick up for their sake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- how do you mess up pasta?hungrydinerDined on 12/20/2013So disappointing. Made rez for two. Seated right next to swinging doors to the ...dishwasher??? Despite an almost empty resto. Finally were allowed to move 4ft over. Burnt 3$ bread and olive oil. Rubbery rigatoni. Tasteless sauce. Cardboardy gf pizza. Server was sweet if naive, but forget about the food!
- Wonderful spaceJPCLVIPDined on 12/17/2013As they say, the best pizza in Chinatown! You must stop in, if only to check out the fabulous wooden ceiling in this former glass-factory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry, but your manager is uselessnodiceVIPDined on 12/13/2013We arrived early for my birthday dinner booked for 7:30pm on Friday night. By 9pm we had left for another restaurant because they could not seat us. The manager said a table before us had arrived an hour late and pushed our seating time back as a result. Not once in the 1.5 hours we waited did I see him approach them, although there were many helpless looking shrugs in response to our inquiries and repeated promises/guesses of being seated in 10, 30, 15 minutes. I am sure I am distinguishing myself from the complete and utter rage/disbelief of everyone else who waited that night by saying that I am more sad for this man and his staff than I am angry. But what happened last Friday night was not cool... definitely won't be going back.
- I Liked ItchokoladaDined on 12/13/2013Good, busy atmosphere. Yummy pizza. Staff were really friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Amazing food, but noise too loudkatsongsDined on 12/5/2013The reason I won't recommend this restaurant to friends is because everyone I know is frustrated with what seems like an increasing noise level in Toronto restaurants. As with many restaurants, the combination of loud conversation, hard surfaces that can't soak up any sound, and loud music made it almost impossible to carry on a conversation. I felt assaulted by sound the moment I walked in and by the time dinner was over my head and ears were ringing. I recommend the Spaghetti all’Amatriciana and the tiramisu panacotta. I would really like to eat the food again, but I won't be back because of the sound level.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Strada 241whytecapsDined on 11/28/2013I have eaten at Strada 241 several times and always enjoy it. Its a short cab ride from king/bay and is sucj a grwat alternative to the same old places. The food is great, the atmosphere is great. Lunch partners appreciate the different spot and my daughter loves it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NduckiesNduckiesDined on 11/23/2013Strada 241 was a perfect Casual Saturday night spot. Delicious combo of appetizers including a salumi platter, lightly battered calamari and a very yummy simple margarita pizza. Our rather hungry group then went on to enjoy several of the pastas with our favourite being the puttanesca with clams. Olives and capers and the rigatoni with Bolognese. Yummy! We also lucked out with a fabulous full bodied wine. The dessert offerings sounded interesting but unfortunately we couldn't eat even one more bite. I would recommend Strada 241 without hesitation. Next time I would get more creative upon choosing a pizza option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll Definitely Be BackAlexBDined on 11/15/2013Great Food, Great Price! Hidden in Chinatown, this Italian restaurant surely doesn't disappoint. They have a wide variety of traditional southern Italian food and great imported beverages. They even have tasty gluten-free options available, which I really appreciate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013Was pleasantly surprized at this fing in the middle of Chinatown. The food, staff ,atmosphere couldn't have been more perfect Keep up the good workI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMillsVIPDined on 11/13/2013First time at Strada 241 and will be visiting many times again. Food was excellent from the starters to the main courses and pizza. Service was excellent and very relaxed. Recommended for a relaxed meal with friends.Special Features:
- A very handsome resto lostOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2013A very handsome resto lost in Spadina's Chinatown. Good italian food, well presented with ample portions, and served carefully. Worth a visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- too bad so sadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2013the atmosphere and the service were both great - it was all relaxed, inviting. everything was great - the bread, the oil, the appetizer until it came to my entree - I had to send my dry chicken back - I felt bad for having to do so because I was really enjoying the dining experience, but it was not edible - that little dried out hen... I would not go back because that was just too disappointing and I couldn't recommend it. too bad so sadSpecial Features:
- Good food, slow servicewilburhamDined on 11/2/2013Booked a table for dinner with old friends. It took the server about 20 minutes to take our drink order, then another 45 minutes to bring us our drinks. About an hour until all 4 of us had our drinks. Appetizers however took about 3 minutes to arrive, and before our drinks did. It was difficult to get the server's attention all night. She messed up our drink order and could have been more attentive. The food was great though. Between 4 of us, we had 2 pasta dishes and 2 pizzas, all very good. Fried Calamari was delicious. Overall the night was very good, but the service could have been better. It was like it was her first night ever serving. I'd go back for the food and the interior of the restaurant, just hopefully with a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs helpItalianDined on 10/25/2013The service was so poor for our lunch. Restaurant was 3/4 full so busy was not an excuse. They did not seem to have a system for serving as server went around in circles a lot. No follow up on our meal therefore never got chilies I would of wanted for my pizza. Plates were left sitting for 10 minutes after we were finished. Even got our bill with our plates still sitting there. Not asked if wanted dessert or coffee. Obviously went elsewhere in the area for our latte. Will not return. Food mediocre at best. Ambiance/decor was the best part of our experience.Special Features:
- Super resto !FrancaiseDined on 10/19/2013Malgré que bien caché dans le quartier chinois, nous avons découvert un resto avec une super ambiance et de très bons repas. A découvrir !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. Excellent pizzagenieDined on 10/7/2013First time. Excellent pizza and pasta enjoyed by party. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third and Likely Last TimeKeepDiggingDined on 10/5/2013Went to Strada 241 for the third time - likely our last. We were greeted at the door at the time of our rez and our table was not ready. Sat us at the bar and we waited for 15 mintues without comping us a drink or an app as they do at other comparable restaurants. Hostess promised booth seating but she did not deliver. Waiter had to come back twice to confirm our orders as he forgot parts of it and then in the end he forgot to enter our mains into their ordering system which resulted in an hour wait between our appetizers and our mains! I had the cured salmon salad as my appetizer - there were 2 measly pieces of cured salmon in the entire dish which was disappointing. Shame they can not figure out the service part as their food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzamackenznDined on 9/20/2013We had the wild boar pizza and the Linguini Puttanesca. Both were great dishes. The wait staff were very attentive and quite helpful with wine selection. Loved the high ceilings and exposed brick. It may have been noisier later in the evening but we were there early for dinner and it was quite quiet. Overall, I was very impressed. Can't wait to go back to try the other pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye partyDizzleDined on 9/20/2013I've been to Strada 241 a couple of times, and it is often the go to spot for group outings due to the central location and large seating area. I am finding that so many of Toronto's hip-er establishments are very, very intimate which makes it difficult to seat larger than parties of 4 (but let's be honest here, I actually mean 2... some party). Strada has excellent service always, the food is good although nothing too crazy or innovative, but the ingredients talk for themselves. It is also a really nice restaurant in an area that I consider to be a baron space. You can't really find nice places to eat on college, queen and spadina or in the annex. So it's in an excellent location for that!Special Features:
- Great New Restaurant for Toronto!JNussDined on 9/9/2013Pizza was outstanding and love all the gluten free options! Very cool spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty bologneseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2013Ordered the bolognese, as well as the pappardelle with mushrooms and lemon. Bolognese was clear winner. Great depth of flavour. Also had calamari which was very light and cooked perfectly. Overall great vibe.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is everyone - don'tSearchingDined on 8/26/2013Where is everyone - don't they realize what a great place this is. Everything was more than "good". Culinary - atmosphere - service (attentive and left alone when obviously required). Well done - at a decent price - nice to get Rubino quality without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Inflexible dining experience...AnonatspadinaDined on 8/23/2013Asking to eliminate wheat from items was met with "sorry we cannot do". Asking for no celery in salad was met with the same answer.. Really? Do you make your salads a day in advanced?
- Great Food, Great ExperiencemisseatsalotDined on 8/15/2013Strada 241 has delicious food and desserts that are made on the premises - even the gelato! Our server was fantastic and the food was delicious. It is a great deal for the very fair price. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Pizza and Great AtmosphereNickyDined on 8/13/2013The pizza and entrees were very very good and fresh,our waiter was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.