Stoudts Black Angus
2800 N. Reading Road
Adamstown, PA 19501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Stoudts Black Angus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/
- Phone: 7174844386
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Josh Hilt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: We have an open air Bier Garden attached to the restaurant where we host craft beer festivals throughout the year and a German-style Oktoberfest. Please check our website for dates and times.
A word from Stoudts Black Angus
Since he purchased the restaurant in 1962, Ed Stoudt has provided guests with hand-cut aged steaks, fresh seafood and a few German homemade favorites. Enjoy Ed’s unique eclectically-decorated dining spaces, which include a Victorian style back bar from 1910, a pub littered with political memorabilia, the tray-ceiling brewery room, intimate cubbies and booths, and a private room with large booths showcasing a collection of limited run Picasso prints. Our menu changes seasonally, with an emphasis on locally-produced and organically-farmed items made from scratch, featuring artisan cheese and bread from our own Wonderful Good Market and the chef’s weekend specials. Enjoy our award-winning, hand-crafted beers brewed fresh from our brewery next door. Over 12 beer styles available year-round exclusively at our pub, special firkins and small batch brewer’s reserve styles. Stop in during the week for happy hour drinks and appetizer specials, signature martinis and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stoudts Black Angus - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Stoudts Black Angus reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very pleasant evening - good foodPhoebeDined on 7/25/2014Our dinner was very good, our party of three had the scallops, prime rib, and steak, we were all satisfied. The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The food is good quality, but not extraordinary. Desserts are fabulous.Special Features:
- Great service and foodjroushVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food quality was great and the appetizers were amazing. The waitress was very good with a great appreciation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers and German foodadm19Dined on 7/12/2014The beer is what brings many people here, and it doesn't disappoint. The menu items include many traditional German dishes, such as Jaegerschnitzel, Wienerschnitzel, and various sausages. They are all very well done here, and there are even two sizes available for most entrees. The interior design is interesting, and the booths in the cubby-holes are really nice for groups. This place is worth your time if you find yourself in the area. The food and beer are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodRickDined on 7/7/2014We went there for our wedding anniversary. It was quiet, but that was probably just because it was a Monday night. Food was excellent and steaks were cooked perfectly. They have a beer menu with their own brews. It has something for every taste. A little pricey, but I don't mind paying a little more when the food was this good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedWhateverVIPDined on 6/14/2014A bit off the beaten path in Berks County, PA but Stoudts was well worth the drive over and visit. Seated in a nice private booth (if we drew the curtains it would have been completely private!). Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Our salads were a nice start to the meals. My wife enjoyed her evening special paella and I enjoyed my 8 oz. size NY sirloin. all in all, a pleasant evening here.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Stoudts Black Angus reviews archive.
- Good but not greatGoodtimeDined on 5/17/2014Everything was fine just not real good! It has a lot of charm and we all had a nice meal. I believe it probably more of a lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Funky Fun - Great beer!MCXpcVIPDined on 5/10/2014This place is amazing. Another review compared it to eating inside a German cuckoo clock, and while I don't entirely see that, it indicates that this is definitely an eccentric place with equal emphasis on Black Forest and beer. We were a group of six celebrating commencement/graduation at a nearby college; everyone had something different and we enjoyed it all. Our server Fran was exceptionally pleasant and attentive, and the beer selection is homegrown heaven. We'll definitely be going back for a brewery tour and look forward to trying other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and foodBeerlieverDined on 4/27/2014What more could you want? The food is outstanding on all fronts, from burgers to steaks to seafood. The wait staff and bartenders are friendly and very helpful. Get the cheese plate to start as this is made on site as is the bread and beer! Listen, just go here. You will not be disappointed! And make sure to hit the market on weekends to bring some bread and cheese home with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.