Storyville American Table
43 Green Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Storyville American Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://storyvilleamericantable.com/
- Phone: 6313513446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Brunch Sunday: 11:30- 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Finn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Trio performs every Sunday during Brunch from 11:30am-3:00 pm
A word from Storyville American Table
At Storyville American Table, we hope to bring to you the trifecta that epitomizes New Orleans:Continued
Food, Music and Fun
So welcome and enjoy.
La vie est de vivre!
(Life is to live)
Food, Music and Fun
So welcome and enjoy.
La vie est de vivre!
(Life is to live)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Storyville American Table - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Storyville American Table reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Went there before a concert. We sat at the bar and talked to the bartender. Ordered our dinner, had a couple of the Lynchburg lemonades, had the lobster ravioli . It was delicious . Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014gumbo soup was good. The cheese cake was "to die for" The veggies OK but for just me, I like mine on the soft side. Great meal for the price We shall be back JerrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun funHostaJoeDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food, friendly staff, generous portions, nice atmosphere, fair prices and great beer menu.Special Features:
- Storyville does it once againStaceyDined on 9/8/2014I've had a great experience every time I've been here. This latest time is no exception. They are in the midst of a remodeling but there isn't any noise or any part of the restaurant blocked off. I went there on a Monday night and the service and food was excellent. I will say it was much quieter than the weekend but it wasn't too quiet or awkward. It felt like we had a private area of the dining room since they weren't busy and the other diners weren't all crowded in one area. Hats off to you guys once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Storyville has never let us down..BigSchnittDined on 9/2/2014The food has always been consistently good.. i have never had complaints with the service and sitting outside on the deck on comfortable summer night is always a benefit.. if your looking for food that sometimes can be left of center with the flovor of New Orleans this is your place in downtown Huntington..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True New Orleans experiencemsfireDined on 8/30/2014The food was fantastic. 9 people in the party, all ordered different dishes and everyone left happy and full. Appetizers through desserts an authentic New Orleans foodie experience. I definitely plan on going again.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedrealdealDined on 8/30/2014Well, this was the first time that I went out to dinner with 8 people, and everyone loved their meal. And they are usually very hard markers. Steaks were excellent, ribs were SO tender and side dishes were awesome. The only thing that needed a little improvement, was the gumbo and etouffee sauce. The roux needed to be richer/darker, and needed a little more cajun/creole flavor. The servers and host were the nicest folks, which made the experience that much better. The decor was lovely, and looking outside the windows felt like we were upstate NY. We will all be back there soon, and we are bringing friends. HIp Hip hooray....Special Features:
- Great dinner deal!makeitbluVIPDined on 8/26/2014Amazing, as usual! Great food and service. We did the $16 3 course meal and the catfish was delish. Only reason it's not a 5 star place is because some parts of restaurant need sprucing up (entrance, bathroom, etc)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The food was just plain awful. It was either too salty or just plain inedible. The meat tasted like cafeteria mystery meat. I will say that their drinks were made well and strong. They also had Ginger Beer which was a plus.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere/fun musicpassion4foodDined on 8/23/2014One of a kind southern,creole,Cajun style for Huntington village! Nice to dine outside, friendly and attentive wait staff and owner. Tasty food but salad wedge needed blue cheese dressing not just crumbled blue cheese and balsamic. Roasted turkey sandwich and Fries very good, blackened fish tacos very good but needed an outer crispy shell to hold it all together... Bonus of fresh lime wedges!!! A must for fish tacos!! Would definitely come back!!Special Features:
- ExcellenteatoutoftenDined on 8/14/2014My husband & I have eaten at Storyville several times, including a surprise birthday party for me with several family members & friends in attendance. Every time as been special. The food is always delicious, whether it be Cajun or American. We have tried several different choices on the menu and every one has been excellent. The staff is friendly & polite & service is always timely. I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchcantgetenufDined on 8/10/2014The food was amazing! From the jumbo shrimp to the belgian waffles, jumbalaya, prime rib/ Chicken wings to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun on Long IslandMortonVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is the ONLY restaurant in the NYC metro area that serves authentic New Orleans cuisine. I had been disappointed by so many establishments, I started to think I would never again have a quality Cajun meal. This place is terrific. Brian, the chef-owner, is also extremely amicable. The gumbo is authentic, as are the oyster po-boys. I was in a party of three and everybody raved about the food. Please give this place a chance--you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great experienceGingerDined on 8/3/2014Having lived in New Orleans for a few years, the food was definately authentic. The wait staff was amazing... very knowledgeable and friendly. Want to go back to try the jazz music brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCarlDined on 7/31/2014Awesome. 'Nuff said. P.S. Wait staff, especially Ryan and Kim were OUTSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- Love2eatDined on 7/31/2014Had a wonderful meal. The service couldn't have been any better. Was able to eat outside. Very enjoyable experience. Will gladly recommend it. Cocktails were very good, as was the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Good1restaurantmamaDined on 7/27/2014The night we went to dine, there was a cabaret at the bar at 7:00 so the service for us was not fast enough. However we were among many others that wanted to get out at the same time. Not really fair to the service staff who were very courteous and answered all our needs. The food was good and the restaurant clean and friendly in atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great Huntington DiningJBHuntingtonDined on 7/25/2014This is our 3rd time to Storyville, 2nd time out on the deck and really enjoy this place. With no shortage of restaurants in this town, I have to say this is certainly a winner for this town !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good time!lrm710Dined on 7/21/2014I've been here for brunch, and twice for dinner. Every time the food is excellent, the service is prompt and the atmosphere is pleasant. Great ribs, fabulous desserts. Worth the trip to Huntington from anywhere.Special Features:
- Large group, no problemSavvyFairreDined on 7/18/2014We were a group of 20+. Plenty of waitstaff, separate checks no issue, food was delicious and all brought out on time. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food I had the ribs the best I ever eaten. Great prices for food and drinks, wine list no bottle over $25.00. Great staff and near the town parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time & still a gem!amy1Dined on 7/12/2014This was our 2nd visit to Storyville and it was better than we remembered. We sat outside in a private tri-level setting on a beautiful summer night. The service was great, everything was prepared to our liking. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing southern brunch, live Jazz!makeitbluVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been to brunch here several times and it is delicious! Lobster mac and cheese, crawfish omelette, tons of options for adults and kids. Service is outstanding and friendly. Authentic New Orleans food not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal!KLO1013VIPDined on 7/3/2014We sat outside, and although it was threatening to rain, there is a roof and we didn't worry. We shared an order of the "Slap Yo Mamma Mussels". The serving was plentiful, the sauce had just the right amount of kick and was so good, we asked for some bread to soak up more of it! I had the fish taco's which I've had before and really enjoyed. My fiance had the New Orleans BBQ Shrimp, which were HUGE and there were at least 8 of them in the order. They were really, really good!! But be prepared, as they are presented with their heads still on. Didn't bother us at all...we were stuffed, and didn't have dessert...but that chocolate mousse hurricane looked pretty darn good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow serviceAggieVIPDined on 6/21/2014The menu selection was great but the service was very slow. Dirty Appetizer plate stayed on the table thru dessert.Special Features:
- Great meal!!KLO1013VIPDined on 6/17/2014We were seated outside on this beautiful evening, and started off sharing a chopped salad. It was full of flavor, dressed perfectly, and so big that we had plenty to take home. My friend had the Prix Fix dinner of Prime Rib, and chose to have it with sweet potato fries. The serving was generous, and she said the meat was done well and was very tasty, as were the fries. I had the fish taco's, which were really, really good!! I was so stuffed after 2, that I took the 3rd one home. Her dinner came with dessert, so we shared the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream on top. It was a great way to end the meal. Our server was wonderful, the food was just as good. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why didn't I find this earlier!?!?gabrijVIPDined on 6/15/2014What a great Father's Day gift: the discovery of Storyville. I'm not sure where to start: the food, the ambience, the service, the decor all make this my favorite restaurant in Huntington, where I have lived for 23 years, after one visit. First the appetizers: Shrimp & Andouille sausage on skewers, Fried Green Tomatoes topped the list But their cajun specialties were complemented by Bar Menus favorites such as Potato Skins that were well above average. Main course: What a variety! My Chicken Jumbalaya was as good as I've had. Others with me enjoyed Po Boy sandwiches (Oysters and Pulled Pork) catfish and duck. A great variety and all were delicious! The service was near perfect too! I look forward to many returns.Special Features:
- So soSonnyDined on 6/15/2014We went here for Father's Day dinner. The restaurant should be called the kitchen attached to Finley's Bar, which it is. The theme is cool but the food was lacking. Everything seemed deep fried. I can't speak about some of the more upscale dishes like the duck or steak, but the catfish was bland, grilled shrimp were ok, and jambalaya was fine but not unique. They have a great beer selection tho (the Finley's connection) and seating on the outdoor deck is nice. Servers were great but we couldn't get past the tavern/pub feel. This is not a special occasion place or even one fit for a Nawlins food lover. You can find better Cajun or creole elsewhere. It's just ok, a slightly different tavern. We would not return.Special Features:
- A piece of New Orleans in LI, NYRandi49VIPDined on 6/13/2014I've been here a few times & the vibe is fun - everyone is given Mardi Gras beads to wear - & the menu is loaded w/ less healthy, fun food choices ie: cream based gravies w/ bits of sausage, loaded nachos... However, these foods aren't my first choice, as I prefer to eat healthier; they do have some healthier choices (salads, shrimp)but I think the preferred food choices are the former. Service was great the first few times I went, but has been less good each time. Previously offered $20/bottles of wine;that was a great, inexpensive way to grab a fun bite w/ friends.Now they've increased the price to $25/bottle & the bottle choices weren't great. I'd say it's worth giving it a try, as it is fun & different - but don't expect greatness.
- Very good food and nice atmosphereBarbaraDined on 6/7/2014The food here is very good with many nice choices on the menu. I had fish tacos and they were very good. The other 3 people in my party said they enjoyed their lunches. The cocktail I had was $12, and even though it was quite large, contained mostly fruit juice. I didn't really taste much alcohol in it. Next time I will have a glass of wine. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeEwoodwardDined on 6/1/2014The brunch is fantastic. Huge peel and eat shrimp, crab legs, Belgian waffles, French toast, delicious creole style chaffing dishes including jambalaya, a carving station, an out of this world dessert area and fresh lemonade and sweet tea. $25 is unheard of for an all you can eat brunch, especially when it includes a Bloody Mary or mimosa (and I'm not talking in a champagne flute or a tiny glass). The live jazz band was the cherry on top. Storyville is now our go-to brunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2014Very good, well-priced, food and very sweet attentive service. Been there a few times and we have had a really good meal every time - burgers, shrimp and grits, fried pickles, sweet potato fries, shrimp and grits are all worth getting. Go hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cajun/creoleAngel1Dined on 5/24/2014So glad we tried this place. The staff was friendly and accommodating, food terrific and large portions. Will definitely go back as there were numerous other menu items we would love to try. Food was spiced nicely as I find that some other venues of this kind overdo it.Special Features:
- Good Food-Good PricesCPatDined on 5/23/2014Great place to go for pub food with a flair. Also included are some interesting, more serious entrees. Food often has an unexpected flavor or ingredient. Nice to have a place in town with moderate prices.Special Features:
- The following 86 reviews are from the Storyville American Table reviews archive.
- Cannot wait to return.RachelDined on 5/16/2014Our family enjoyed a wonderful meal celebrating a beautiful graduate. The food was paced perfectly. We created another memorable meal at a family favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Fantastic Food, Great ServiceLuv2dineVIPDined on 5/15/2014I would absolutely eat at Storyville again!! The food was amazing! Wear loose pants because they will fill up!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Serendipity!!!ROJODined on 5/13/2014Don't know what took us so long to find it. The food was awesome and the setting just perfect. Can't wait to go back for a Sunday Brunch with Jazz!!!!!Special Features:
- GREAT TIMEmermaidDined on 5/11/2014This was the first time to this restaurant. We had the jazz brunch Mothers day. We had a wonderful time. The food was out of this world, so many choices one dish better then the other. storyville is not like any other brunch I have been to.The music added a nice touch enjoyed it a lot. The outdoor sitting on a beautiful day couldn't get better. Besides the fact I was dining with the two best guys in the world, my son and my hubby. I can not complete this review with out saying the best server ever took such good care of us,shamrock and all thanks for making my day even better,all the staff right down to the carver, always sharping his carving knife. All I can say is we will be back. see ya all real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFood4thoughtDined on 5/10/2014We are lovers of Cajun food. Have experienced the real thing in New Orleans a number of times, and at a couple of great places in NY. After reading some very positive reviews, we are really looking forward to dinner at Storyville. Unfortunately, the hype of other reviewers did not come close to the reality. While the atmosphere was pleasant and the waitstaff pleasant & attentive, the food was disappointing. The portions were generous, but the seasoning was not. The taste was like BLAND DINER FOOD. Definitely NOT CAJUN or anything close.
- Huntington GemMVJWDined on 5/10/2014Storyville has a very authentic New Orleans style menu which includes traditional dishes and inventive plates that stretch diners understanding of the variety food available in the "Big Easy". The restaurant has captured the friendly, warm atmosphere of New Orleans, too. The chefs and service staff are gracious and show that they are truly interested in providing a pleasurable dining experience. Highly Recommended!!Special Features: