Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
125 S Lexington Ave Suite 103
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stormrhumbar.com/
- Phone: (828) 505-8560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours Full Menu:
Sun - Weds: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thurs - Sat: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Dinner Menu:
Sun - Weds: 10:00pm - 1:00am
Thurs - Sat: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Sun - Sat: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Owen McGlynn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Weekly Specials:
Sunday: Industry Night --- Half off all well liquor, beer, and glasses of wine!
Monday: Beer and Burger Night --- One draft beer and burger for $10!
Tuesday: Half of Wine Night --- All bottles wine for half the price!
Thursday: Half off Starters Hour --- All snacks and small plates for half the price (excluding the charcuterie and cheese plates) from 5:00pm to 6:00pm !
- Cross Street: Hilliard Ave and Lexington Ave
- Public Transit: 6 minute walk from the ART Station.
From the ART Station head south on Coxe Ave towards Aston St.
Turn left on Aston St.
Turn Right onto S Lexington and follow to 125 S Lexington Ave!
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking in our private lot on Lexington Ave across from our patio, look for the star murals on the walls!
A word from Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro is a unique dining and bar experience offering an exciting approach to food and drink. Inspired by classic southern dishes, Chef Owen McGlynn sources from local farms to provide delicious New American fare. With one of the largest rum selections in NC, Storm has a flavor and style for everyone! We feature creative craft cocktails, pre-prohibition classics, local beers and delectable wines. At Storm, we believe that the most interesting places can inspire creativity, imagination and ideas. Places with an authentic style draw the most intriguing people, stimulate lively conversation and become a backdrop for the unexpected.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (26)special occasion (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- great dinner, diverse menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/13/2011great dinner, diverse menu, lots of seafood choices. Great job, good luck Mindy and Owen.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2011Our server was very good and helpful. The food was very good. I, personally, had the wedge salad and was pleasantly surprised to find they layered the dressing throughout the wedge. My entree was scallops and I would have liked to seen one more scallop, three to four, when the plate arrived. There seemed to be much confusion when I arrived because they were trying to seat guests who did not have a reservation. The noise level was loud; I hope to dine outside next time.Special Features:
- This was our first time andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2011This was our first time and it was fantastic. We arrived early and were seated promptly, it was Sunday so it was a little slow. Server was great, prompt and never intrusive. We started with swordfish ceviche, next was a lamb belly dish sent out on the house, both of these were amazing. For dinner we had the scallop dish and a lamb ragout entree. Both were absolutely outstanding. Everything from start to finish was perfect, thank you. I have worked with Chef Owen before and was really looking forward to his cooking again. This definitely did not disappoint. We will be back.Special Features:
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011This was a great place to eat, and enjoy an evening. Would ABSOLUTELY recommend to everyone!Special Features:
- The food was good, and weSushiloverDined on 8/6/2011The food was good, and we liked the option of ordering a smaller portion of a dish, therefore allowing us to try different things. The kimchi way too salty, and the bacon had an overpowering smoked flavor (and was used in several dishes). Excellent charcuterie plate and mac and cheese believe it or not. Overall a good experience and will go again!Special Features:
- Good but don't get the vegetarian.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2011It was good overall. I was a bit disappointed with my food. I had the large vegetarian plate and it was such a small amount of food, that I was hungry later. And I must note that I am not a big person. The taste of the food was very good, it was just not satisfying enought to be a $10 meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, near theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2011Great restaurant, near the Orange Peel. Fun to try a special Rhum! Lamb entree was excellent, and PEI mussels were good as well, just the right level of spices. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great place, drinks a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2011Great place, drinks a bit pricey and underpoured so I'd probably drink beer the next time. Food was great, we had the pickeled shrimp and hanger steak---tasty.
- Best burger ! Worst BrownieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2011Best burger ! Worst Brownie ever. Service needs a polish ! Young lady ( Blond very young ) had no self confidence to recommend a drink or a food item from the menu. We have to ask everything twice for her to get our attention. She needs big time training ! Hostess Rebeca was very professional and helpful. Appetizers are too small and over price. Entrees are great. Deserts ( only 2 items ) were worst.Special Features:
- Gorgeous decor, great foodDougDined on 7/22/2011This was my second visit to Storm in two weeks. I read about it initially in the local paper and was intrigued. On my first visit I had the hanger steak entree. I basically never get any cut of steak in a restaurant besides filet or ribeye, so this was stepping out for me. It was AWESOME. I came back because of that. This time I had the seared scallop entree. While the scallops were great, as well as the small bit of salad, the capers were pretty tasteless. Frankly i was unaware that capers were anything but a garnish. This dish was loaded with them as though they were a side item and they just didn't do it for me. This will not keep me from coming back as on the whole Storm is fast becoming on of my favorite places in Asheville.Special Features:
- Good food, great wait staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2011Good food, great wait staff! To bad the air conditioner didn't seem to be working at all. It was cooler and more comfortable outside. (ambient temp was approx 90 degrees.) We'll go back when the weather is cooler.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Wonderful food, everything we ordered was delicious and I look forward to trying other things on their menu. The service was a bit slow but it was very crowded when we were there. Will definitely be back though.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2011This was our first time to Storm Rhum Bar and we loved it. The ambiance was great, the food was amazing and we loved their unique menu options and fun rum drinks. I had a beat salad and then had scallops for dinner. Divine! We try new restaurants in Asheville all the time, and this is now our new favorite!Special Features:
- For our first visit, the fourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2011For our first visit, the four of us each ordered different things and shared. All were very good to great! Several different rum drinks were fun. Loved the pimento cheese appetizer. Ribs were everyone's fave, seconded by fish tacos (snapper that night). Cobbler was wonderful! Will return and recommend to friends. Just be forewarned that it is NOISY.....quiet conversation not an option!Special Features:
- Worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011The food was delicious but our waitress was lacking. Perhaps as the waitstaff gains more experience this will improve. Drinks were tasty.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very loud.claudieDined on 7/9/2011The restaurant was very loud. The four of us thought the food was just "ok", nothing outstanding. We were disappointed and probably will give it another chance but not for a long time. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Generally good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2011Generally good. Service was excellent. Food OK, but not excellent. Pork entre overcooked. Had a good time.Special Features:
- Overall, we really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2011Overall, we really enjoyed it. Food was awesome. Drinks are creative and delicious (and you can get rum flights which is great). Prices are reasonable and we liked that several dishes had small portion options. Very noisy though, so wish they could fix that for the dining side. It is no fun to have to yell to your dining companion. Service was hit/miss, but very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Great food and service withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2011Great food and service with reasonable drink prices. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good, but misses the boat.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2011I took my wife and in-laws here as it is new from a notable Charleston restauranteur. The food was pretty good, but considering the other choices in Asheville, it didn't stand out against the crowd. The food also left a little to the imagination. Two at our table got the fish tacos which "featured" swordfish. There was barely any fish in the tacos at all. The menu is eclectic, but it's missing something, trying to find a theme. The lamb burger was very good, and the cuban was good, but Havanah's has it beat for that. 3 cheese mac and cheese was delicious, but that shouldn't be the star of the show. If you live in town or have a long trip, may be worth checking out, but there are much better restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Good But Not GreatgarysantaDined on 7/3/2011This is a very pleasant restaurant with a very attractive interior. The food was good but not great. And that is based on a cheeseburger. The cheeseburger had too much stuff on it and the bun didn't hold up. The French fries were very good. I think that a hamburger should be very good. I have to question any restaurant that can't produce a very good hamburger. However, I would still be willing to return to the restaurant and try other things. The service was attentive, but very slow.
- There were five in our partyGG1954Dined on 7/3/2011There were five in our party for brunch on Sunday. The restaurant is centrally located and easy to find, even if on is not familiar with downtown Asheville. I loved the decor, but the food and service were outstanding. We all agreed that STORM will become one of our favorites in Asheville, and with all the excellent selections in downtown, that's high praise! We'll be back for dinner SOON. . . .Special Features:
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011Our first time dining here was terrific. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Not sure it is a good value...notGandKDVIPDined on 7/1/2011Not sure it is a good value...not much food for the price. The menu is varied with a lot of options however an entree salad needs to be included on the menu. The food was good.Special Features:
- Not Quite Ready for Prime TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2011I wanted to like Storm, but they obviously have yet to find their groove. Although I would think that the two months they've supposedly been open would be adequate. Things got off poorly when the Maitress D' informed us that they were short on staff. They finally managed to find someone who admitted to us that we were his first table. The menu is imaginative and offers a number of interesting choices from burgers to ceviche. Unfortunately, the food, while well prepared, arrived with some of the items cold. We'll give Storm another chance, but will wait awhile to let their service reach the level that one would expect.Special Features:
- A little uneven...perhapsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011A little uneven...perhaps not fair to ding the restaurant too badly, since they received a large profile in the local newspaper the day we had dinner, and were unprepared for the influx of diners. The wrong drinks arrived at our table and it took a long time to get the wait staff's attention. Drinks, when corrected, were good, as was the selection of appetizers we ordered. The food was good, but this is a high quality restaurant town, and they will have to really get on top of the service aspect if they want to compete successfully.Special Features: