Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
125 S Lexington Ave Suite 103
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stormrhumbar.com/
- Phone: 8285058560x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours Full Menu:
Sun - Weds: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thurs - Sat: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Dinner Menu:
Sun - Weds: 10:00pm - 1:00am
Thurs - Sat: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Sun - Sat: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Owen McGlynn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Weekly Specials:
Sunday: Industry Night --- Half off all well liquor, beer, and glasses of wine!
Monday: Beer and Burger Night --- One draft beer and burger for $10!
Tuesday: Half of Wine Night --- All bottles wine for half the price!
Thursday: Half off Starters Hour --- All snacks and small plates for half the price (excluding the charcuterie and cheese plates) from 5:00pm to 6:00pm !
- Cross Street: Hilliard Ave and Lexington Ave
- Public Transit: 6 minute walk from the ART Station.
From the ART Station head south on Coxe Ave towards Aston St.
Turn left on Aston St.
Turn Right onto S Lexington and follow to 125 S Lexington Ave!
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking in our private lot on Lexington Ave across from our patio, look for the star murals on the walls!
A word from Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro is a unique dining and bar experience offering an exciting approach to food and drink. Inspired by classic southern dishes, Chef Owen McGlynn sources from local farms to provide delicious New American fare. With one of the largest rum selections in NC, Storm has a flavor and style for everyone! We feature creative craft cocktails, pre-prohibition classics, local beers and delectable wines. At Storm, we believe that the most interesting places can inspire creativity, imagination and ideas. Places with an authentic style draw the most intriguing people, stimulate lively conversation and become a backdrop for the unexpected.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (26)good for groups (21)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was amazing, the drinks were delicious...The food was OK, I got a burger, and it was dry despite being ordered medium. My sister got the chicken dish, which the chicken she loved, but the grits and sweet potatoes were completely cold. The server we had was very inattentive. Would love to recommend whole heartedly, just not worth the money in my opinion.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysAVLFionaDined on 10/18/2014I had the lamb burger, husband had the greens salad (selected because it had his fave radishes) and the octopus appetizer and we were both highly satisfied with our choices. We will continue to make this one of our "regular" stops in Asheville.Special Features:
- Great food. Neat atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Food, wait staff, and atmosphere are great. Had a bridal party of 30+ that stole our table and were so loud and inconsiderate my husband, daughter, and I could not converse. Will go again but suggest the manager deal appropriately so all patrons enjoy their evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asheville downtown - good pickKYtravelerVIPDined on 10/9/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal on a Thursday evening. One of us is a vegetarian the other not. Reservation right on time. Server was professional, knowledgeable about the food and wine and friendly. Food was delicious. Pleasant, eclectic decor with soft lighting. Gas fireplace on one end of the dining room added a warm and cozy touch. Just around the corner from the ALoft Hotel. A bit too far to walk from the Indigo Hotel at night (so take a cab or drive.) We will definitely go back to this restaurant on our next visit to Asheville.Special Features:
- Excellent service!LstarkeyDined on 10/6/2014The hostesses were very accommodating and we received excellent service by Caitlyn. Monday night's special was a delicious deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great PlaceFreebird1VIPDined on 10/1/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone coming into town. Great food & Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lvgthlf22Dined on 9/20/2014Outdoor patio was great for a fall night dinner with friends! Food was excellent and service was prompt and satisfactory. I was a little concerned with the safety of my chair. I liked the re-used, up cycled patio furniture but would have preferred something slightly more stable. The folding chair I was sitting in felt like it would collapse at any moment! I would definitely recommend, just beware of your seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!avldinnerDined on 9/18/2014Excellent food. Excellent drinks. Excellent service. Excellent place. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Shrimp and Grits EVERConstanceDined on 9/15/2014Dined two Mondays in a row once with husband, again with table of friends and everybody loved the food & service at Storm! Such a deal they offer on Monday nights too with a beer and burger at $10. The cocktails are magnificent! Our foodie friends tried the pigs ears (delish!), Pork Belly, burger, salads. I had the superb Shrimp & Grits! It should be noted that one of our diners herself is an expert Shrimp & Grits cook. We waited with baited breath to hear her critique of the dish- she said GREAT! The staff is always wonderful and friendly. Its our go-to place that ever disappoints! Now with even easier parking. One of the things thats really important to my husband and I when we go out- is we appreciate consistency- and Storm delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gazellegazelleDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed the food and the service. Limited fish choices--altho we saw more fish selections on line.Special Features:
- Eclectic and GoodFoodiesMom1Dined on 8/31/2014This is a neat place to go. A little off the beaten path in Asheville but well worth it. The service is good, the atmosphere upbeat and the food is great. If they have cherry goat cheese icecream with the chocolate brownie for dessert give it a try. I only wish they served larger portions of the vegetables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first time visitDusanDined on 8/30/2014We've been trying to come here for a while and finally made it. Really good food and a nice atmosphere. Delicious rum drinks are worth the trip. Recommended for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good meal at StormOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014I've dined at Storm a few times. This was the second time that I enjoyed their burger. Hands down this is the best burger in Asheville. We ate outside for the first time, and the setting is just as nice inside as out. The outdoor patio is pet friendly. The liver pate was great, so was the beet salad. Our server really pampered us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird behaviorschmuck56Dined on 8/22/20144 of us had a gift certificate for this rest. & were eager to try it. The main course dishes were excellent, the desserts were limited & the description of 1 was incorrect & basically not worthy of the main courses. All in all we had an enjoyable meal until we left. Now part of the problem was our doing (we gave the certificate & then split the remaining check, but we both erred in tipping & based it on the remaining value which made the tip only about 8% of the total bill). As we were leaving, the manager??? held the door for us,was thanked but she just frowned at us. Our waitress was just outside the door & glaring at us, we passed her & she actually ran ahead of us to glare some more at us like a petulant child.
- A GREAT ReunionBKRSVboyDined on 8/15/2014I used to work at Storm Rhum and Bistro when it first opened and always admired the creativity of the food Chef Owen created, the atmosphere, and especially the cocktails. I left moths later when needing to pursue my career and have been back many times since when visiting town. I love bringing students, friends, family, and many other dear guests to Storm. The food is always so good and the servers have always taken good care of us every time. This past weekend my husband and I met up with friends all from out of town. The service was proficient and consistent but not overwhelming. The charcuterie plate was phenomenal and the highlight of our meal. GREAT burgers! I recommend the Hemmingway Cocktail and a cobbler for dessert. Thanks Storm!Special Features:
- UncgradDined on 8/15/2014Food was wonderful good presentation. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy yet casual dining2sweet2eatDined on 8/15/2014Love this little place - love the chilled water bottles - the eclectic lighting - waitstaff excellent - some of the tables a little too close together for comfort when trying to have a private conversation - and too wide across the table - I would turn them horizontal to create more space for the diner and more intimacy - I realize this cuts into the number of tables and turn over but I think it would be worth it - the sauce on the petite filet was a little too salty - my drinks were superb - ambiance fun and interesting - waiter very attentive - plate presentation spot on and food excellent overall!!! 4 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior accommodationFoodieDuoDined on 8/10/2014An intimate eatery that serves excellent food. Outstanding because the staff pays careful attention both to table needs and to individual needs. A delightful place to enjoy dining with friends.Special Features:
- Never disappointsTNMTNFOODIEDined on 8/9/2014This was our third time at Storm, and each time has exceeded our expectations. From drinks (which are unique and tasty) to appetizers (we love the charcuterie) to the entrees, the chef and staff showcase a perfect knowledge of food and presentation. This time eight of us were dining together...eating everything from burgers to the specials of the day, and no one was less than completely satisfied with their choice. Thank goodness this group likes to share bites...I had several delicious ones (filet, grouper, shrimp and grits, pork, and my special - tilefish stew). And...Have I mentioned the fantastic wait staff? To sum it up...we can't wait to return for the next dinner out in Asheville!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014We had out of town guests and wanted to showcase one of Asheville's nicest dining spots. Storm did not disappoint. We got the table we had asked for, our server was efficient and unobtrusive, we were left to linger over our dinner and chat--and the meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Thanks to you all for making my parents' anniversary a hit! We loved the food. Tried some things we hadn't before and definitely enjoyed the drinks. Stunning atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful drinks, food & serviceusafunVIPDined on 8/2/2014Loved our waitress - so cheerful and knowledgeable about each dish. You should definitely try the Mac & cheese w/bacon, jalapenos & panko - so good. Tomato soup was delicious too. For entrees, I had the fish special (I believe it was the wreckfish). The others had the tilefish, lamb burger and chicken. Every dish was great. And of course the drink menu has an awesome selection too!Special Features:
- Top notchItaliangalDined on 8/1/2014All of us in our group were pleased with our meal. Since I had done the planning, I was pleased to hear repeated comments about the quality of the food. The presentation was lovely and portions good. The restaurant and rest rooms were clean, nicely decorated and we did not have a problem with the noise but it was early. If that is a factor for you, go early. We all said we would return and tell our friends. The server was very pleasant, knowledgeable and not pushy. We found it the perfect spot for our pre- concert dinner and appreciated the parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal cuisine at its bestlocavoreDined on 7/31/2014Storm provides a romantic, cozy atmosphere with its interesting nautical-style lighting and travel themed decor, but its real draw is its chef. The nightly menu features local sources of high quality ingredients, and the talented and imaginative chef honors the ingredients by preparing dishes that highlight them rather than obscuring them. Fresh corn risotto, a plate of heirloom tomatoes with balsamic glaze, house pickled bok choy to accompany the charcuterie, perfectly prepared North Carolina seafood---all celebrate summer at its peak, with flavor and freshness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen needs workDBAshevilleDined on 7/28/2014Not our first time here. The service was very attentive, but (as has happened a couple of times before) the kitchen disappointed. Meat was overcooked. Food did not arrive as ordered (wrong cheese, options on burger). The brisket appetizer/small plate tasted like fish (yes, fish!) and no one had an explanation for this. It seems that when the food is good it's very good, but then you'll hit a bad night like this (this has happened before). Consistency seems to be a real problem.
- PerfectionGoodDined on 7/26/2014This is the second time I have had the pleasure of eating at Storm. I was just as impressed this go round as I was last year when I was there. From the hostess to our waiter, the staff was just amazing and kind and incredibly helpful to making our wants happen. I have no idea how this place isn't in the top five of restaurants in Asheville. Everyone's food was perfection. Not a single complaint again. Thank you for a truly fabulous dinner and time. This restaurant is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLveAvlDined on 7/26/2014The entire wait staff were very attentive to our group of 7. Food was great also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatliketogo99Dined on 7/18/2014I got sucked in by the website. The place is not nearly as sophisticated as the electronic presentation. The meal was good, but didn't seem that exciting. And the place is pretty noisy. I'd try somewhere else next time.
- Good food butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Good food but not great. Asheville has many other interesting restaurants with better food. Our server was very friendly but was not able to answer some menu questions. Hostess did not make me feel welcome. I could see myself coming back for a cocktail but not dinner.Special Features:
- Storm...I love you!!!photogrrrlDined on 7/18/2014We passed through Asheville from Columbus, Ohio on our way to HH. I'm sooo glad we found Storm! It was eye candy for me, as I'm a photographer!!! The cocktails were fabulous, the meal spectacular & the dessert (one of each ;) was to die for! The staff was incredible & catered to our 2 daughters. We will definitely return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canesVIPDined on 7/16/2014Ate here a few weeks ago while on vacation. It was a Wednesday night, so the restaurant was quiet. But this did not take away from the excellent food and service. Would like to go back one day on a Friday or Saturday to check out the crowd.Special Features:
- Lovely evening outJoyinAshevieDined on 7/10/2014Very warm welcome. Service by Katrina was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. Colorful cocktails, Unique & tasty mac&cheese, very refreshing salad, grouper was cooked perfect and the vegetable added color and taste. TY for a delightful evening out with my sweetie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Storm is my new favorite restaurantHDG1VIPDined on 7/6/2014The fare at this wonderful restaurant is so fresh, farm to table, and beautifully presented. The ribeye was cooked to perfection, and the shrimp and grits is the best that we have we loved our first ever had. The black raspberry panna cotta was perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday dinner.MaxieDined on 7/4/2014Our server was very attentive. We were seated in the middle of the dining room near the bar. The person sitting closest to the bar got bumped several times as workers walked by. Made the reservation through Open Table, requesting that they sing happy birthday, but later found out that they don't do that. That took some of the fun out of the surprise birthday celebration. Other than those two things we enjoyed our meal, and will go back again.Special Features:
- amalfiDined on 7/3/2014Absolutely delicious food beautifully presented.I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- CGCGDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I spent a lovely week night evening at Storm. The coctail menu (obviously heavy on the rum...ahem, rhum) was intriguing. I sipped the refreshing French 75 while my husband chose the well made daquri. The pork belly we shared to start was delicious as were each of our dinners. The duck my husband ordered was delightful with blackberry gastrique. I ordered the shrimp and grits and was not disappointed. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable.
- Super serviceSCdinerDined on 6/28/2014My boyfriend and I went here for dinner based on reviews we read online. We were not disappointed. He got the lamb burger and I got the tilefish. Both were very good. The menu is on the small side but that was not an issue for us. We also tried a rum flight which was fun and reasonably priced. Our waitress and the bar staff were really attentive at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rhum before RumbarhumrunnerronDined on 6/28/2014Our group of five enjoyed dinning at Storm. Three members of our group were first timers including two newcomers. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food and drink. This is the first time I was aware of the free parking across the street. Great. We dined before we went to a dance performance at DWT so walking from Storm was simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK may try it againLakemanDined on 6/27/2014Good atmosphere, excellent waitress, food should have been better for the price
- Cozy spot, great drinks and foodpiggieloveshorsieDined on 6/26/2014My boyfriend and I booked a table last minute on a Thursday night and were so happy about our decision. We enjoyed a quiet dinner with friendly, knowledgeable service before seeing a show in town. We will be back and will definitely recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.