Stories Fine Dining Establishment at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Rd.
Cedar Creek, TX 78612Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stories Fine Dining Establishment at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lostpines.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 5123084860
- Hours of Operation:
Seasonal. Call the reservation line for more info.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lawrence Kocuek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Stories offers a private dining room that seats a maximum of 14 people or a private patio that seats a maximum of 20 people for private parties. For parties of 10 or more we require you to choose from one of our 2 custom menus and to send us credit card details to guarantee your reservation. Please call us to know more about it.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Geiser 5123084882
A word from Stories Fine Dining Establishment at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines
Stories is named for its location on the second floor of the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines, with views of pecan trees, the pool and golf course, and for the historical literary component of Bastrop. Stories, the resort’s distinctive dining option with vaulted ceiling and rich, wildwood tabletops and exhibition kitchen, is open for dinner seasonally. Service will be refined and sophisticated without being pretentious, and Stories will be home to a host of decadent desserts made from scratch, and also the resort’s master wine list with an extensive selection and by-the-glass offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stories Fine Dining Establishment at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines reviews from OpenTable diners
- 6:45 only?RatherBikeThanGolfDined on 2/22/2014When I called two weeks prior to our visit to make reservation, I asked for either 7:00pm or 7:30pm time. I was told neither was available but I could choose 6:45 or 9:30 so I requested the 6:45. My husband and I arrived at 6:40' and were quickly seated in a booth tucked away in the corner (loved this). The dining area is comprised of both outdoor and indoor dining. For the entire dinner time, no one was seated outside even tho weather was nice and all the tables were available. I also noticed that there were 8 vacant tables. So why couldn't I get my 7:00 or 7:30 requested time? Food was perfect but the service was extremely slow....maybe they were under staffed for the night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening dinner at StoriesLolobudVIPDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner for 2 very much. The chef starter for the evening was a grilled oyster and it was tasty! We enjoyed a reasonable priced wine and the service was excellent. The lamb shank was done just right. My date had the salmon with grilled brussel sprouts which was fresh and delicious. The PEI mussels was probably our favorite which served with a creamy broth and chorizo. YUM!Special Features:
- Valentines dinnerLeto11Dined on 2/14/2014This was a great choice I made and a great surprise for my wife. There was a three course meal that was magnificent! Our waiter Michael took exceptional care of us. My only complaint is the wine list was WAY over priced. We will be back to sample their menu again. Hands down, one if the best meals I've had in a long time!!! Thank you for a great Valentines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBjquiDined on 2/8/2014I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday. We loved the special treatment they gave us and would come back for the service. We thought the food was good, although the menu options do seem limited, IMO. However, ask the chef to prepare something as he is open to preparing something off menu. Overall a very good time.
- Special birthday treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014We love the Hyatt Lost Pines, but had never been to Stories. We went for our son's 13th birthday and he loves it. He has great taste :) The staff was amazing and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimechickenlickinDined on 12/28/2013One of the best steaks I have ever had. Anywhere! Four of us dined and everyone raved about the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, romantic eveningKajaDined on 12/28/2013We were looking for a quiet, elegant place for dinner with a table by the window, minimal interruption to our conversation and excellent food. We got exactly what we were looking for at Stories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRunnyFrogDined on 12/20/2013The food and wait staff are fantastic. The quality and freshness of the ingredients make this a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 25 anniversary dinnerTheBig25Dined on 11/2/2013The food was excellent, restaurant elegant and the staff attentive. We'd recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerMCBJDined on 10/26/2013The food is worth every penny you pay at this restaurant. You will easily spend $100 for 2 people, but the food was amazing. My husband wanted the filet mignon but the sides that came with the ribeye and they were very accommodating and made the changes with no hesitation. I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. The bread choices that arrive prior to your meal were appetizing, as well as, the onion jam...it had a nice touch. A great place for a date or special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way, but good foodDallasDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2013They have recently changed the menu, so we got to try some new dishes. I had the diver scallops which were prepared perfectly and seasoned well. There was a little too much salt on the plate, so as long as I didn't drag my fork through it, the scallops were tasty. My husband had the tuna tartare which was excellent. For dinner, I had the pheasant which was very good and had no gamey taste. It had a cranberry relish and kale chips as garnish, so it had a fall-ish flavor, which was perfect. My husband had the ribeye which was my hands down favorite. For dessert, we had the chocolate torte with salted caramel ice cream. We loved the ice cream better than the torte. I'd say split the torte and have two scoops of ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusually high quality for hotelThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 10/19/2013Often when in a remote resort, where dining options are limited, the restaurants are not very good-they don't have to be due to the captive audience. Stories is an exception to this rule. The food is fabulous and the service top notch. Beet salad, lamb as comfort food with polenta, salmon well prepared and the brussels sprouts are amazing. If you are staying at Lost Pines, don't skip this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Babymoon DinnerFoodluvrDined on 10/5/2013The food was outstanding. My lamb fell right off the bone and my husband's steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRogonzDined on 9/28/2013The entire staff is very personable and friendly. The atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable. Both the food and service was excellent. During our reservation, we had mentioned we were celebrating our wedding anniversary ... we were pleasantly surprised when the server presented us with a card signed by the staff and 2 glasses of champagne (plus a Shirley Temple for our young daughter). I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion or simply to enjoy a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious and accommodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2013We were greeted by name and seated promptly. A server offered a selection of specialty homemade bread and sweet onion jam, and an amuse bouche followed quickly. The cocktail and wine lists offered options without overwhelming us. Salads made use of local ingredients: pecans, Texas citrus, prickly pear, and more. My filet mignon was perfectly cooked Prime beef, and the chef kindly subbed in a surprise veggie in lieu of the asparagus. Dessert was a refreshing buttermilk tart, don't miss it! Plan to spend a few hours as service is leisurely but attentive. Pricing is on par with better steakhouses, but the details were worth the expense. The menu changes seasonally and appears to be well thought out. We will return on our next stay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly AmazingBruno815Dined on 8/15/2013Stories is in the Lost Pines Hyatt resort which is a very casual place catering to families with kids, so I wasn't expecting their "fine dining" venue to be much more than a quieter dining room for grown-ups. What we found was a very nice space with an open kitchen & views through the tree tops. The menu showed real creativity & flare. It's what I'd expect to find in one of the big city celebrity chef places. The execution, presentation, and favors of the finished dishes were terrific. The wine list isn't that large and is mostly California selections, but there are some real gems if you look closely. Our server, Dorothy, was knowledgeable, friendly, and made sure we had a great experience. Well worth a special trip to Bastrop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I celebratedDDNEVTEXDined on 8/10/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. We would recommend reservations. We made reservations and let them know we were celebrating our anniversary. The staff went out of their way to make it special. They found a quiet booth area were we could visit and enjoy our food but did not feel like we were secluded from the rest of the restaurant. The staff had a card prepared that they gave us wishing us a Happy Anniversary. We both loved our food and wine. The staff was very attentive but we had plenty of quiet time. My Filet was delicious. My husband had the pheasant and has not stopped talking about how good it was. We will definitely eat here again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place for a girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013We had a very large group of girls and Stories private dining room was the perfect place. The food was wonderful and so was the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and delicious!NatalieDined on 8/3/2013We went to this restaurant two nights in a row while staying at Lost Pines. It was phenomenal. The chef is very young but so incredibly talented! His snapper dish was so delicious--it rivaled the top Houston restaurants. In fact, I thought it was even better than an excellent fish dish I had out in Houston the night before. I just cannot say enough good things. The food is special and feels so new and unique without being at all pretentious and overly complicated.Special Features:
- food not fine dining level yetTerryDined on 7/30/2013Disappointing food, plating, garnishes, and entree design overall. I could go into detail, but I'm not sure you'd care. I would've gladly paid more for true fine dining. This was not fine dining on several key issues; garnish, color, texture, finishing, and taste. Pasta and lobster dish done right should've been an excellent value if priced 36-38$; as it was, it was a poor value for $22. The $25 Italian buffet in the Firewheel downstairs was actually better. The smoked turkey buffet was also great.Special Features:
- stories is always wonderfulnot2welcomeDined on 7/26/2013the duo of beef was fabulous with incredible sauces, the pheasant was another artful creationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD DININGSUZLYNDined on 6/28/2013FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND THE SERVICE WAS ALSO GOOD WINE LIST TO CHOOSE FROMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionSpringTXDined on 6/21/2013All service people acknowledged the special occassion, which was nice. Service was just right...attentive, but not too frequent. Food quality was fine, but not spectacular. Wine selections were OK, but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- treatmentJackDined on 6/11/2013Everyone one of your staff was polite and welcoming. We were treated with respect and courtesy by everyone with a uniform.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go into BastropDeGalvezDined on 5/24/2013The prices were too high for the value given. The food and service was not bad for a resort restaurant, but we would have been better off driving the 5 mins. to Bastrop, as we did the 2nd night, and tried the local restaurants. They have character, good food, moderate prices and are all located on the same little 3-5 block historic downtown that is charming.
- Cruise Ship or All-Inclusive ResortHoustonVIPDined on 5/19/2013The overall sense at this resort was that we were stuck at the resort and they knew it. The food was overpriced and was not very good quality. The mussels appetizer was highly recommended by the server, who said it was loved by the staff. I found them very fishy and unflavorful. The steak I had was a Choice type steak with a Prime type price.
- The food was good and as ordered.RobertVIPDined on 5/19/2013The food was good and as ordered. Pretty bland atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were EXCELLENT!!!luvlostpinesDined on 5/11/2013Food and service were EXCELLENT!!! We've stayed at Lost Pines before and not eaten at STORIES. We both feel we've missed a great experience, but don't plan on letting that happen againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal started off wellOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2013Our meal started off well with great tasting appetizers, but the main entree's were not that great. There was a delay getting the main entree so they gave us a salad while we waited. I ordered my filet medium/well and it was completely well done. My husband said that his Moroccan chicken was bland. The service was fantastic, but for a fine dining place, they need to do better with the food.
- With a new chef, the entreesLtDexterDined on 4/20/2013With a new chef, the entrees seems more focused on beef and less on game, and more dished have rich or creamy sauces (Mussels, which were good and not too rich; riccota and mushroom stuffed pasta with a cream sauce, which was a little short on mushroom flavor and the sauce a bit too rich for our tastes (but just fine for most folks). The lamb shank was tender but needed more sauce to punch up the flavor. Still a great place for dinner while staying at Lost Pines.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I went to Stories for Valentine's Day and we were not disappointed. The three course meal was a special that was being offered for Valentine's Day. There were plenty of selections and the cost was not extravagant. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the nice quiet romantic atmosphere. We will definitely be going back and I would recommend Stories for your next meal.Special Features:
- I did not think the food worthyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I did not think the food worthy of the price. It was ok.Special Features:
- The service was top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The service was top notch and the facilities were second to none. We had a valentines special of three course meal and still after we ate we were hungry. The portions were extremely small and very expensive. I think on a regular night its even more expensive. It was 200 dollar tab and we drank lightly. 2 alchoholic drinks a piece.Special Features:
- The staff was amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The staff was amazing and made the night very special for a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- The food was exceptional butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013The food was exceptional but my husband and I were the first ones in the restaurant that evening. We ordered mussels for an appetizer and you did not have any. Then I ordered thte short ribs and again you did not have any. You also did not have any asparagus.For such a nice restaurant I can't believe this experience. The chef should have had plenty of time to get these ingredients.
- Fine dining in the PinesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013A wonderful place with wonderful food! Call ahead as they are usually only open on the weekend.Special Features:
- Black eyed peas with duckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2013Black eyed peas with duck and foamed tobasco to ring in the New Year. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Excellent food and service. We dine at Stories frequently and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Our dinner was in celebrationRexellenDined on 12/28/2012Our dinner was in celebration of our annivesary, and this was our first time at the hotel. We drove from Austin, and it was well worth the trip. We received a nice glass of bubbly for a toast! The food was delicious! We both remarked several times about the outstanding flavors of each course! The meal was not rushed and was enjoyed at our leisure! It truly was a memorable way to celebrate our special day! Our neighbors now want to join us the next time and spend the night at the hotel.Special Features:
- I was blown away by how goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2012I was blown away by how good the food was. My wife and I travel all over the world and felt this was a outstanding meal.Special Features: