Storie Street Grille
1167 Main St.
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Storie Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.storiestreetgrille.com/
- Phone: (828) 295-7075
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Mid-Day Dining: Monday - Saturday 3pm-5pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stan Chamberlain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Storie Street Grille
Enter as strangers…leave as friends! Storie Street Grille is a contemporary American bistro serving an eclectic mix of distinctively crafted regional flavors. Our full bar, hand selected wines and micro-brewed beers, are a great compliment to our diverse menu which focuses on local meats, sustainably harvested seafood, and seasonal produce. Come join us in our warm comfortable dining room, or relax on our covered porch, and discover why we’ve been a village favorite of locals and visitors since 2000!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Storie Street Grille - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Storie Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect for romantic date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Pricey but worth every penny. Very romantic - food was excellent - service was friendly - wine was first class. It was a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE, love, love!!!!!CarolinamagnoliaDined on 11/21/2014Did I mention I love this restaurant?! I'm almost hesitant to leave a review because I don't want others to know about it : ) Smallish in size, but huge in quality. The food is always excellent, the servers are always pleasant - never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Storie Street is our number one pick every time we're in Blowing Rock. I've never ordered a dish I didn't like, and the service is fantastic. I've visited for occasions ranging from a quiet dinner for two, to a bachelorette party for 10. The specials are always amazing, and I wish I lived in town so I could eat here once a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's A Winner!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 11/15/2014SS is the epitamy of an authentic Blowing Rock "must-do" eatery! It is decorated tastefully with wonderful pictures of by-gone days. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the food is delicious. Four of us recently enjoyed a variety of entrees~from the shrimp and oysters grits, to the mahi special, to my all-time favorite of Bernie's meatloaf with Cheerwine barbecue sauce...yes! Cheerwine barbecue sauce!!!! YUMBO! Samantha, our waitress, makes any dining experience a true pleasure. She is efficient, knowledgeable, and so very welcoming. The restaurant is small so inside dining can sometimes be a little loud so we eat on the enclosed porch when weather permits. As local Blowing Rock residents, we appreciate SS year round, and we highly recommend it to you if you are visitng our village. Parking is easy if you just park in a village lot! Reservations are needed on most weekends and during leaf seasons. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBB67Dined on 11/8/2014I can't tell you how many times I've eaten at Storie Street Grille. As always, the service is great not to out shadow the fabulous food. Have always had great service. Next visit to Blowing Rock will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceedingdfrithDined on 10/28/2014Storie Street Grille exceeds in menu choices and service. We've been there several times and it seems better each time. I tried the Cuban this time. It says excellent. I thought I was back in Key West. My wife had the Quiche and salad. Just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Our favorite restaurant in Blowing Rock. Have been several times and never disappointed. Our hostess was particularly gracious and our waitress was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014I thought it a bit overrated and I am pretty easy to please. My dinner was just ok, but the couple with us enjoyed the dishes they ordered. It could have been what I selected.
- Enjoyable dinner.sr76Dined on 10/18/2014Service was great and food was very tasty! I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuPGEGDined on 10/18/2014As always,good menu selection. Server was very congenial and provided exceptional service.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerRockHillyDined on 10/18/2014All in all, we very disappointed. Our server did tell us about the specials but did not bring bread until asked. The bread, green salad and along with the New York cheese cake was the best part of the dinner. My Eggplant Neapolitan had a good taste but it was very greasy. My husband's steak was as he said, "ok". We were disappointed in our $70.00 dinner for two and we will not be visiting this restaurant anytime soon. More hype than subsistence.Special Features:
- Bad salmon dishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014My wife and I both ordered the salmon dish and were disappointed. The food was much better the last time we ate there.
- A Blowing Rock MustCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 10/11/2014We took friends for lunch on a busy leaf-season Saturday. Lunch was delicious with potatoe leek soup, tomatoe basil soup, asparagus quiche, turkey croissant sandwiches, and pimento cheese. Our guests enjoyed sitting at one of the spacious booths in front of the galley kitchen. While the restaurant was very busy, the waitress was cordial and helpfully. We ordered a bottle of SS Cabernet which was well priced and tasty. Reservations are a must during the fall, and parking is sometimes difficult. However, the trouble is worth the experience. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great foodASUalumniDined on 10/10/2014Lovely restaurant with yummy food. The service was fast. We had six in our party so we had to make reservations directly with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Disappointed to notice a 83 rating on an inspection 9/30/14.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is a good restaurant, overpriced for some items, Especially wines. Good, reliable, solid, not outstanding.will return- one of better choices on a Monday night when most places are closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteBRregularDined on 10/2/2014This is our "go to " spot every time we come to Blowing Rock. We have ALWAYS had great service and wonderful food. You can't go wrong with this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014It's beginning to be leaf season in Blowing Rock, and visitors are flooding into our small village. SS is a premier dining experience for our visitors and locals! We eat here weekly and are never disappointed. Even on a very busy Friday night, we were treated extremely well by both our friendly waitress, Paige, and all the staff! We sat on the porch where we enjoyed salmon, trout, and the special beef stroganoff. The salads are excellent ~ both the house salad with poppyseed dressing and the Caersar which is tangy and not overdressed! Reservations are a must during the fall and parking can be tricky so just park in one of the village lots and walk! Cheers!Special Features:
- K SmithksyuumyfoodDined on 9/26/2014Our food was delicious and the service was outstanding. what a fun place for lunch or dinner. There was a variety of very yummy things to choose from. We loved it. Very glad we made a reservation as it was busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Food and FolkstrekkerbonDined on 9/26/2014Appreciate the use of local/seasonal foods. Soups are wonderful. Also like the ability to make reservations!Special Features:
- A must when in Blowing RockstevereviewDined on 9/25/2014This is a must when visiting Blowing Rock. This place has great unique food. They use Locally grown vegetables and meat. This makes everything fresh. The staff is what really makes this a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blowing Rock favoriteNCtravelerDined on 9/22/2014Storie Street is consistently popular with locals as well as the many visitors who enjoy spending time in Blowing Rock. While it is a relatively small indoor space, the outdoor dining area adds options in good weather. The food is consistently good with some unusual options like a bacon, brie and Granny Smith apple sandwich, as well as the "usual suspects" in a typical lunch menu. All are well prepared and service is both friendly and efficient. If you are on a schedule be sure and make a reservation as tables fill very quickly and during high tourist season the wait can be lengthy. Be sure and take a look at the unique ceiling treatment in the dining room for a fun surprise!Special Features:
- Consistently GreatCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014As a Blowing Rock resident, we eat locally frequently. SS consistently consistently remains at the top of our list of great places to dine and enjoy a mountain evening. Both the food and atmosphere are excellent. We sat on the porch, and our table enjoyed my all time favorite Bernie's Meatloaf, as good as any Italian place Spaghetti and Meatballs, and the wonderful special, beach fresh lobster tails. The dinner was preceded by crisp fresh salads and well-priced wines. Our waiter, Zack, was funny, attentive, and friendly. On the way home, we received a call from Samantha, another favorite, who told me I left my sweater, and she would put it at the bar for me. We highly recommend SS food and staff! Enjoy and cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedReluctantCriticDined on 9/5/2014Storie Street Grille has been a favorite for years and we always make a point to go when in Blowing Rock. I was very disappointed this time...I felt like we were in a race to finish so our server could leave. Food was OK but they were sweeping the floors as we ate our entree. The whole meal took about 45 minutes from the time we got there until we walked out the door...server didn't bother to ask if we wanted dessert just asked if she could settle our bill so she could leave. It was 8:45 when we left. We had an 8:15 reservation and got there at 8:00 and immediately sat down. Maybe the reservation was a little too late but I thought on a Friday night it was fairly reasonable. Hate it but we probably will not go back next trip.
- Storie Street GrilleErnieDined on 9/4/2014The food and its presentation were excellent. I would particularly recommend the pork tenderloinSpecial Features:
- Great!!wdbjlbDined on 8/26/2014Simply put our lunch experience here was GREAT; food, staff, atmosphere were top notch. 8/26/14Special Features:
- unbelievably disappointed.wolfpackgirlDined on 8/22/2014After looking at the tempting menu selections, and seeing the appealing ambience of this restaurant, the food was one of the biggest disappointments of our entire trip. I ordered salmon and asked for pink center, not rare, but not overcooked in any way either. What I received was dry as a bone, overcooked, no moisture to be found. Even mashed potatoes where inedible, dry as well. Only ate a few bites, server was good and quickly noticed, comped my entire dish. My date ordered ravioli that was obviously frozen, as it was overcooked on outside an still frozen in center. It should have had a light sauce to accompany, but again, dry dry dry. Service and drinks were good, atmosphere good, food very substandard. Would not recommend.
- Trending the wrong directionregularDined on 8/15/2014This is our third time to Story Street in 11 years. Our first was 11 years ago and it was fabulous. Things have changed and the first notice was the atmosphere; brighter and more open given a less romantic feel. Our waiter was obviously managing too many tables, given us that rushed feeling with his touch of anxiety while talking to us. The food was good but the tuna was slightly over done; none of our dishes became the topic of the breakfast conversation the next morning because of how terrific they were. This has always been one of our favorites and we hope to see it trend in the other direction soon.Special Features:
- A Blowing Rock TrasitionCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014We dine at SS frequently and never leave disappointed. On a busy Friday night, we arrived on time for our 7:30 pm reservations. We were greeted warmly with, "Welcome. Your table is ready." From that point, the evening only got better! My favorite entree is Bernie's Meatloaf, and I never tire of the the lean meatloaf covered in Cheerwine (Yes, Cheerwine) barbeque sauce. I had the creamed kale which was delicous and the wonderful brussel sprouts with pancetta. My husband enjoyed the salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The reasonable house wines are good. During the summer, reservations are a must. We like sitting on the covered porch in the summer where tables are spaciously arranged. Kudos to the Keeles and their staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menugfDinerDined on 8/13/2014The menu choices were creative and well crafted. An inventive kitchen staff and excellent service.Special Features:
- WONDERFULjayinncDined on 8/9/2014We were there for our 45th wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Storie StreetPhillyvisitorVIPDined on 7/31/2014Dinner on Thursday night was great as usual. The service and the food were wonderful. Only complaint was the noise level. There were several loud tables that seemed to take over the restaurant and made it hard for my mom and I to enjoy our meal. But the food is always amazing - best pork tenderloin around!Special Features:
- The following 319 reviews are from the Storie Street Grille reviews archive.
- BigDDined on 7/26/2014Well established restaurant with a good menu.We enjoyed excellent service and cheerful attitude of Sanantha. Fine dining at reasonable price. Reservations are strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Blowing Rock EstablishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The food here is excellent and the service is very efficient. The only reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is that they brought the wrong dish to me. I ordered the duck, and it was the best I have ever had - very tender. My wife ordered a chicken dish, and also was well prepared. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The wine list has a good variety, and reasonably priced. Overall, this was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicecharlotteansDined on 7/25/2014We went here for lunch during the Blowing Rock House Tour so we made reservations ahead. There were 4 of us and we all had different entrees. Each one delicious. Fried Green Tomato BLT, Curry Chicken Salad, Caprese Panini, Trout Sandwich. Restaurant was very busy, yet the service was very good. Will definitely go back for more meals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotjfkbikeVIPDined on 7/17/2014We just had lunch and everything was good. Nothing super special but very good and we would go again.Special Features:
- On main streetMHCFIIDADined on 7/5/2014Nice place but noticed right off that it was easy to slip on the wood floors. I had to be careful walking to and from the table. We opted to eat out side so had to go past the back part next to kitchen. Once on the porch seating was great and open. The door back into the building seemed to cause the workers problems and created lots of noise. The selection was OK would have liked to seen more offers. Food was good and service excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!SCJeanDined on 7/5/2014Our first visit to Blowing Rock and we so enjoyed the Storie Street Grille! Every course was delicious as was our wine! And our server was very attentive. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and amazing service!2fromNCDined on 7/5/2014We loved our meal at Storie Street Grill! It was our first visit, but we would definitely go back. The restaurant is casual enough for tourists stopping by, but nice enough for a date-night out. The menu has upscale southern fare that is well-prepared and delicious. It was so nice to find something other than the same-old predictable food. The wedge salad was perfect to share as an appetizer. Our entrees were top-notch and served promptly. The wine list was sufficient, but we were disappointed that there was no beer on-tap. Our server, Joanna, could not have been better. She was knowledgable and personable... she made our night perfect!! This place is worth trying again...Special Features:
- SuePatDined on 7/3/2014My brother-in law & sister-in-law had been to Storie Street before and recommended it. Four of us had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed it so much we came back for lunch later that weekend. Would come again when we return to visit Blowing Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.