Storie Street Grille
1167 Main St.
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Storie Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.storiestreetgrille.com/
- Phone: 8282957075x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Mid-Day Dining: Monday - Saturday 3pm-5pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stan Chamberlain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Storie Street Grille
Enter as strangers…leave as friends! Storie Street Grille is a contemporary American bistro serving an eclectic mix of distinctively crafted regional flavors. Our full bar, hand selected wines and micro-brewed beers, are a great compliment to our diverse menu which focuses on local meats, sustainably harvested seafood, and seasonal produce. Come join us in our warm comfortable dining room, or relax on our covered porch, and discover why we’ve been a village favorite of locals and visitors since 2000!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Storie Street Grille - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Storie Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (23)special occasion (18)romantic (12)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently GreatCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014As a Blowing Rock resident, we eat locally frequently. SS consistently consistently remains at the top of our list of great places to dine and enjoy a mountain evening. Both the food and atmosphere are excellent. We sat on the porch, and our table enjoyed my all time favorite Bernie's Meatloaf, as good as any Italian place Spaghetti and Meatballs, and the wonderful special, beach fresh lobster tails. The dinner was preceded by crisp fresh salads and well-priced wines. Our waiter, Zack, was funny, attentive, and friendly. On the way home, we received a call from Samantha, another favorite, who told me I left my sweater, and she would put it at the bar for me. We highly recommend SS food and staff! Enjoy and cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedReluctantCriticDined on 9/5/2014Storie Street Grille has been a favorite for years and we always make a point to go when in Blowing Rock. I was very disappointed this time...I felt like we were in a race to finish so our server could leave. Food was OK but they were sweeping the floors as we ate our entree. The whole meal took about 45 minutes from the time we got there until we walked out the door...server didn't bother to ask if we wanted dessert just asked if she could settle our bill so she could leave. It was 8:45 when we left. We had an 8:15 reservation and got there at 8:00 and immediately sat down. Maybe the reservation was a little too late but I thought on a Friday night it was fairly reasonable. Hate it but we probably will not go back next trip.
- Storie Street GrilleErnieDined on 9/4/2014The food and its presentation were excellent. I would particularly recommend the pork tenderloinSpecial Features:
- Great!!wdbjlbDined on 8/26/2014Simply put our lunch experience here was GREAT; food, staff, atmosphere were top notch. 8/26/14Special Features:
- unbelievably disappointed.wolfpackgirlDined on 8/22/2014After looking at the tempting menu selections, and seeing the appealing ambience of this restaurant, the food was one of the biggest disappointments of our entire trip. I ordered salmon and asked for pink center, not rare, but not overcooked in any way either. What I received was dry as a bone, overcooked, no moisture to be found. Even mashed potatoes where inedible, dry as well. Only ate a few bites, server was good and quickly noticed, comped my entire dish. My date ordered ravioli that was obviously frozen, as it was overcooked on outside an still frozen in center. It should have had a light sauce to accompany, but again, dry dry dry. Service and drinks were good, atmosphere good, food very substandard. Would not recommend.
- Trending the wrong directionregularDined on 8/15/2014This is our third time to Story Street in 11 years. Our first was 11 years ago and it was fabulous. Things have changed and the first notice was the atmosphere; brighter and more open given a less romantic feel. Our waiter was obviously managing too many tables, given us that rushed feeling with his touch of anxiety while talking to us. The food was good but the tuna was slightly over done; none of our dishes became the topic of the breakfast conversation the next morning because of how terrific they were. This has always been one of our favorites and we hope to see it trend in the other direction soon.Special Features:
- A Blowing Rock TrasitionCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014We dine at SS frequently and never leave disappointed. On a busy Friday night, we arrived on time for our 7:30 pm reservations. We were greeted warmly with, "Welcome. Your table is ready." From that point, the evening only got better! My favorite entree is Bernie's Meatloaf, and I never tire of the the lean meatloaf covered in Cheerwine (Yes, Cheerwine) barbeque sauce. I had the creamed kale which was delicous and the wonderful brussel sprouts with pancetta. My husband enjoyed the salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The reasonable house wines are good. During the summer, reservations are a must. We like sitting on the covered porch in the summer where tables are spaciously arranged. Kudos to the Keeles and their staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menugfDinerDined on 8/13/2014The menu choices were creative and well crafted. An inventive kitchen staff and excellent service.Special Features:
- WONDERFULjayinncDined on 8/9/2014We were there for our 45th wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Storie StreetPhillyvisitorVIPDined on 7/31/2014Dinner on Thursday night was great as usual. The service and the food were wonderful. Only complaint was the noise level. There were several loud tables that seemed to take over the restaurant and made it hard for my mom and I to enjoy our meal. But the food is always amazing - best pork tenderloin around!Special Features:
- BigDDined on 7/26/2014Well established restaurant with a good menu.We enjoyed excellent service and cheerful attitude of Sanantha. Fine dining at reasonable price. Reservations are strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Blowing Rock EstablishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The food here is excellent and the service is very efficient. The only reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is that they brought the wrong dish to me. I ordered the duck, and it was the best I have ever had - very tender. My wife ordered a chicken dish, and also was well prepared. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The wine list has a good variety, and reasonably priced. Overall, this was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicecharlotteansDined on 7/25/2014We went here for lunch during the Blowing Rock House Tour so we made reservations ahead. There were 4 of us and we all had different entrees. Each one delicious. Fried Green Tomato BLT, Curry Chicken Salad, Caprese Panini, Trout Sandwich. Restaurant was very busy, yet the service was very good. Will definitely go back for more meals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotjfkbikeVIPDined on 7/17/2014We just had lunch and everything was good. Nothing super special but very good and we would go again.Special Features:
- On main streetMHCFIIDADined on 7/5/2014Nice place but noticed right off that it was easy to slip on the wood floors. I had to be careful walking to and from the table. We opted to eat out side so had to go past the back part next to kitchen. Once on the porch seating was great and open. The door back into the building seemed to cause the workers problems and created lots of noise. The selection was OK would have liked to seen more offers. Food was good and service excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!SCJeanDined on 7/5/2014Our first visit to Blowing Rock and we so enjoyed the Storie Street Grille! Every course was delicious as was our wine! And our server was very attentive. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and amazing service!2fromNCDined on 7/5/2014We loved our meal at Storie Street Grill! It was our first visit, but we would definitely go back. The restaurant is casual enough for tourists stopping by, but nice enough for a date-night out. The menu has upscale southern fare that is well-prepared and delicious. It was so nice to find something other than the same-old predictable food. The wedge salad was perfect to share as an appetizer. Our entrees were top-notch and served promptly. The wine list was sufficient, but we were disappointed that there was no beer on-tap. Our server, Joanna, could not have been better. She was knowledgable and personable... she made our night perfect!! This place is worth trying again...Special Features:
- SuePatDined on 7/3/2014My brother-in law & sister-in-law had been to Storie Street before and recommended it. Four of us had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed it so much we came back for lunch later that weekend. Would come again when we return to visit Blowing Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMJBVADined on 7/1/2014This was our annual trip to Blowing Rock. We have had dinner at the Storie Street Grille on a number of occassions. We always find excellent service and great food. We enjoyed our dinner on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSusieqVIPDined on 6/30/2014We have enjoyed most menu items here. They should, however, remove the lasagne as it does not begin to match up to all their other dishes. We are not the only diners who feel this way. I wish they would bring back their spaghetti bolognese as a regular item. We would also like to commend the off-season staff and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TybeefoodietybeefoodieDined on 6/25/2014While we have eaten at Storie Street many times in the past and have always enjoyed our food, this visit was less satisfactory. Our salads were delicious but the main courses including my husband's filet and especially the side dishes were ordinary and lacking flavor. Some judicious seasoning and work on presentation would have helped tremendously. With many excellent, including some wonderful new, restaurants to choose from in Blowing Rock and the surrounding area, I would not place Storie Street anywhere near the top group. Perhaps they were having an off night or have changed chefs but I was particularly disappointed since I was treating a group to an evening out. I will not return until I hear that they have stepped up their game.
- Good TimeparisigirlDined on 6/14/2014We were in Blowing Rock for the weekend and were excited to go to Storie Street Grille. After looking at their menu on their website I had already decided what I would be eating. Unfortunately, the menu at the restaurant did not include the ahi appetizer and the quinoa and lentil salad. I was so bummed. Most of the other appetizers and salads were not the healthiest options. I did enjoy my Roasted Vegetable Gratin and everyone else loved their meal. Our server, Kate, was outstanding as was the rest of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealGooseDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I ate here and had a wonderful experience. We dined on the outside patio which was very comfortable and offered a nice view of the mountains. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDRGxDined on 6/7/2014My dining partner and I went here for lunch. The menu selections had a wide variety. We started with duck wing drumettes and crispy fried shrimp in Thai chili sauce. Both of these items were excellent, and they were very generous portions. My partner followed that withe the arugula salad with grilled salmon, which got a good review. I had the chopped curry chicken salad, which was okay, but not great. The service was very good without being rushed, which we appreciated. We would definitely visit here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkCarync6VIPDined on 6/6/2014I took my son there for a nice dinner. He ordered the steak special and I ordered trout. My fish was good. His meal was ok and the portion size was tiny for the $$. The service was really slow. The tables around us got their food well before we did.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real dealWolfpackpilotDined on 5/31/2014Excellent meals, fresh local ingredients, and a solid wine list. Even their own wine label Cabernet is an excellent wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main street findFoodfocusDined on 5/29/2014This was my best trip yet to this wonderful restaurant. Do not miss the Brussels sprout and creamed kale sides! The meatloaf with Cheerwine BBQ sauce was a big hit at our table and the beer selection, though small, was very selective and appropriate. Try the "moonshine" carbonara if you are hungry...it is a large portion. The service was superb - very relaxed atmosphere for a place with such high quality food.Special Features:
- The following 301 reviews are from the Storie Street Grille reviews archive.
- Great and not so goodFredinFernandinaDined on 5/17/2014Storie Street Grill is one of my favorite dining locations in High Country. My wife had a great pasta dinner and I opted for their ribeye special. The steak was well under cooked, grissly and barely warm. I kept eating away at it hoping to discover a savory dish, but I didn't. I should have sent it back. I will go back, but will never order steack again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in Blowing Rock!!ChrisDined on 5/2/2014Excellent as usual when we 'get away' to BR! Always start w/ the calamari!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!WataugadinerVIPDined on 4/28/2014One of the few restaurants open on Monday night in Blowing Rock. Our server was recently hired, very inexperienced and it showed. The Chicken Parm was disappointing....a chicken breast on a bed of pasta with a sauce that was quite bland. Our server had limited knowledge of the menu, and clueless on wine selections/recommendations.Special Features:
- Very slowFoodieDined on 4/26/2014This was my third visit to Storrie Street. In the past, the food has been wonderful. At this visit, the kitchen was obviously asleep. Restaurant was not crowded and we were promptly seated. Drinks arrived in a timely fashion. However, it took over 34 minutes for our food to appear, and then, it was mediocre. I had the trout which was somewhat dry. Good portion size, but lacking. Our server was duly apologetic, realizing the wait we had. We were offered a free dessert as appeasement, but neither of us eat dessert. So a bottle of house label wine from the manager was offered. There are better places in Boone and Blowing Rock now, so I think I will retire Storrie Street from my go to dinner spots.
- DeliciousPamHDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful food, wine, and atmosphere. Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. Great restaurant if you are in Blowing Rock, NC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal and great serviceDandSBDined on 4/19/2014We had been to the Storie Street Grille a few years before on vacation and decided to go back again. We sat outside on the patio and it was a nice relaxing place to be with a nice family atmosphere. The server did a great job and was very attentive. Our food came out quickly and I have to say it was amazing. The crab spring rolls...We couldn't have enough. We had a pasta dish and the NY Strip special. It was cooked just right and we even ordered a dessert, which never happens. Thanks for such a great dinner for our anniversary trip. We will definitely come again when we get back to Blowing Rock.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NitedateniteDined on 4/18/2014We have made Storie Steet Grille our choice for such special occasions as date nite! We've never been disappointed in service, food or atmosphere. The staff and food are always something we talk and brag about. Every occasion has been a real "Memory Maker" We will return!Special Features:
- Not quiteEATFORLIFEDined on 4/12/2014The broccoli salad they serve seemed "old". the broccoli was not crisp-which sort of ruined it for me. Also the french fries were not crisp-needed to be cooked longer. Philly steak had American cheese instead of mozz or provolone-. Nice place-probably will try it again.
- Food was decent. Quite loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Food was decent. Quite loud inside so we requested seating on the outdoor porch. My husband had swordfish which was very good. I had the lasagna. Th bottom half was burnt and my waitress never asked how everything was or told us the specials.Special Features:
- Server was highlightCallsignDined on 3/28/2014Corinne was excellent. Very attentive but not intrusive. She got a good tip. I had the swordfish. The dish was great, but the portion of fish was 30-40% too much. The other 3 people said their dishes were excellent except other man in the group had the filet. He could have eaten twice that amount of meat. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Green TomatoesFloridaGalVIPDined on 3/20/2014They sure have a nice way with fried green tomatoes - which are gluten free, for those that care. Next time I'll just order that appetizer and a glass of wine and be totally happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rates high on consistencySusieqVIPDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant is consistently good. Uses good quality ingredients. Only downside is that it can be very crowded due to a prime location in a touristy town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a lovely table by theGaryDined on 3/13/2014Had a lovely table by the fireplace on a chilly night. Service was excellent and food was very good.Special Features: