14442 Solomons Island Road
Solomons, MD 20688Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stoneysseafoodhouse.com/
- Phone: 4103940236x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jon Newbegin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining areas overlooking the water. One is located upstairs with a private outdoor patio and bar. The other is located at street level and is separated from the main dining room by french doors.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Faughnan 410-394-0237x
- Entertainment: Live acoustic guitar on Thursday and Friday nights at the downstairs bar.
- Special Events: Check our website for wine diners, live entertainment and bar specials!
A word from Stoney's Kingfishers
The elegant dining room of Kingfishers merges artwork with nature. A mural spans the space and is accented by lifelike hand-crafted wooden carvings of Maryland estuary life. All of this overlooks the scenic waterfront of a Patuxent River inlet. Kingfishers is the perfect place to fulfill your business or social event. It is refined enough to have an important meeting but also casual enough to stop in for a beer and some fare after work. Also available is an outside deck, several transient slips, and an upstairs dining area and bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stoney's Kingfishers - Best Restaurants in Solomons ›
Stoney's Kingfishers reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great water viewSeafoodLoverDined on 9/5/2014Loved the view! The food was fair - great grilled green bean salad, but the crab cakes were only fair and expensive at $20 for a single crab cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a jokeAtownfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Was here Labor day weekend. Booked res on open table since all other restaurants on Solomons Island were booked solid - hint of things to come. Very little outdoor seating...which did not bother us. But they made it sound like they had no seating. They sat wife and I in a dark corner at a table meant for 8 patrons when they had smaller tables with better views and lighting that appeared open. 15 mins went by before a waitress came over. We asked if those tables were available, she checked and they were. Why didnt they sit us there in the first place? Food was awful. Both got the crab cakes whick came with fries of all things. Wife substituted steamed veggies but they brought her fries anyway. Crab cake was worst I ever hadvery dry. $100.Special Features:
- Romantic-Not usualBetsyDined on 8/30/2014This is not where you should go for a romantic anniversary dinner. It is great for the tourists trade and boaters and crab lovers. I lunch the lunch time period at Stoney's Kingfisher where it is a bit quieter and not as hectic during peak dinner hour.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining!jnm14Dined on 8/30/2014Nice deck on the back of the restaurant over the water. Lots of boats and ducks to watch as well. Hostess called 45 minutes before reservation time to ask if we wanted inside or outside seating which was excellent. When we arrive for our reservation our table outside was all ready for us. Menu had a good variety of options :)Special Features:
- "Proper" Fish and ChipsWhistlepigDined on 8/8/2014I took a friend who is orginally from the U.K. and he talked for days about how happy he was to find "proper" fish and chips in the U.S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern restaurantsKansasCityRestaurantsDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed our lunch, sitting outside. The food was very tasty and the service was very good. Loved the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing water viewPhillyPattiDined on 8/1/2014Chesapeake Caprise Salad was great, crab was sweet and worth the drive from Philly. Shrimp and grits were great- grits were so creamy- yum! The Jambalaya was tasty. Rockfish bites were disappointing, rather fishy. A shame because I had been dreaming of fresh rockfish all week. Friendly service. Overall a very nice meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious crab cakeMoetteVIPDined on 7/7/2014Delicious food my husband and I orded fried calamari and chicken wings. Calamari was delicious, chicken wings were ok we have better. The crab cake enter were delicious We will be back next time we are in the Solomon's island areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney's KingfishersMinnieBeeDined on 7/4/2014Stoney's Kingfishers is a must eating spot on Solomons Island. Outdoor and indoor dining lends itself to beautiful water views. The seafood is tasty - especially the scrumptious crab cakes. The wait staff is warm and friendly. On weekends and holidays, they even have good live music. I highly recommend Stoney's Kingfisher for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JULY 4, 2014GoodeatsDined on 7/4/2014I took my wife to Stoney's Kingfisher's for her birthday and we were reasonably pleased. The seafood platter was a good choice and value for the money but the grease it was cooked in was old so that dampened what should have been spectacular. The service was OK but slow. The reception was fine. I would return but I would be cautious on menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewPennDined on 6/28/2014Had our 17th Anniversary dinner on the back deck overlooking the water. Food was good, service was ok after we ran down a waitress. Parking is an issue. Had 6:00 reservation, dropped my wife off and waited about 10 minutes for someone to leave a parking space before I could enter restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family get together6plus1Dined on 6/21/2014I had not been with all my kids together at one time in a long time. Made the trip from NoVa to Calvert cliffs and then dinner at Stoney's king fisher. It was well worth the trip. Good beer selection and awesome crab balls! Kids ranging from 21-2 had a great time and ate everything in sight. Will absolutely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD FINDBlue2Dined on 6/15/2014This is a lovely, casual restaurant with great views. If you want to throw on a pair of jeans and grab a meal - this is a great place to do that. If you are looking for a white tablecloth experience...not so much. However, it was just what we wanted for the day...sadly there is also at least one person who thinks that every one needs to hear his/her conversation. We were unfortunate enough to be seated near a table full. Ugh. Our choice was to give up the view or stand the noise. We stood the noise until dessert - at which point we went to the bar. Great little bar, quiet.... a nice cap to the evening.Special Features:
- Great findanicoleDined on 6/9/2014I was on the area for one night on business and found this restaurant by searching the map. The location and pics on their website looked good so we tried it. It was perfect. Crab cakes were the best I have had and we got to relax outside on a beautiful night next to the water. The waiter was very nice. I will return next time I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Our party had reservations for 6:00 for a surprise dinner and we were not seated until 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, mediocre foodRohbeanTDined on 6/7/2014I really liked the setting... right on the water, with huge windows that allow a great view. The outside seating is nice, too. Most of the tables have umbrellas. The service was great. The food was mediocre. I ordered fish tacos, which had too much rice and were too dry. That recipe needs to be revamped, as fish tacos should be prepared differently. The hush puppies and french fries were okay... but a tad overcooked. My mom ordered crab cakes, and she said they were just okay. I might go back again one day and order something else, because I really did liked the open, airy atmosphere and the waitress was really nice.Special Features:
- Not like it used to beTrm222Dined on 5/31/2014The location is the main attraction. Stoney's used to be the place in So MD for good food and a good view. Now the food is about the same as the other places. The waiter seemed very rushed. The women that work there need to wear something that is more professional. I am not sure it is worth the drive anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waterfront DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2014We had lunch at Stoney's Kingfisher on Memorial day. We sat outside on the deck and watched the boats and activity in the harbor. Service was prompt and special requests were not a problem. My crab cake sandwich and salad were quite good. Many good craft beers were on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceUMD85Dined on 5/25/2014Our service was terrible. Food wad good, but I would.not go again .Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Stoney's Kingfishers reviews archive.
- Kitchen slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The food was awesome and our waiter was friendly and attentive, but it took an unusually long time to get our food.Special Features:
- Not As Good As It WasTusexy4uDined on 5/23/2014The last time our entire family had lunch there and the food tasted a lot better than this time! The crab cakes were awesome and melted in your mouth then.. I had ordered the same meal as when I was with my husband because the "Washington Post" had given them great reviews on their crab cakes. This time the crab cakes were a lot more drier and the cold slaw tasted old like it had been some leftovers from the previous night before. The fries were overcooked. There were not many people waiting to be serve but it took awhile for the food to served. The hostess and waiter were outstanding in their greetings and customer service. They can't do nothing about the cooks!Special Features:
- Impeccable Service!NavyLegalDined on 5/18/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant and the area. I brought my date here for her birthday and had such a wonderful experience. The wait staff was on point and didn't skip a beat. Extremely attentive and well versed in the menu. We sat outside on the dock and it was very quiet so we could carry on a conversation. The food arrived and it was absolutely amazing. The bacon wrapped scallops were cooked perfectly and the plating was perfect. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone! The only downside was it was a little difficult to find parking.Special Features:
- PEACEFULNavycpoDined on 5/13/2014What a great place to eat and enjoy the view of the marina. Service was great and fast.Special Features:
- Wonderful first experience!Sweet2heartDined on 5/11/2014Loved it. .went w/my husband & kids a truly enjoyable time our server was Fantastic. .will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014Pretty average tasting food. Arrived early and we were told we would have to wait until our scheduled reservation; however we were actually seated 25 minutes after our reservation time. It then took 20 minutes and two requests for our waiter to arrive. It also took some time for the meal to arrive although no one ordered any "special". We certainly did enjoy the view and our time together, but don't believe we would return.Special Features:
- Not Like It Use To BeCoCoThundaDined on 5/4/2014The food was okay - the food presentation sucked, the waitress was okay and she should have had help or more focus for a party of 13. The dishes were dirty and it kind of messed the mood up for my mom's birthday. Not a restaurant I would recommend.Special Features:
- Turned AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014We invited friends to join us for the advertised "Mully's Beer Dinner" featuring food and drink from local producers at Stoney's Kingfishers on April 24th. When the four of us arrived at Stoney's Kingfishers at the appointed day and time for the "Mully's Beer Dinner" we were told that the event was sold out and that we were not on the list. After discussion with three different employees of the restaurant, and after showing them our confirmation email from Open Table for the "Mully's Beer Dinner" we were told that our reservation on Open Table didn't matter because the "Mully's Beer Dinner" was a special event and they wouldn't honor reservations made through Open Table. One person did apologize, but we were turned away anyway. Bad.Special Features:
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014bland food. service lacking. if it weren't for the location it is hard to imagine this restaurant would be as popular as it is.
- Nice Fish Place on the WateredchairDined on 3/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed our meal here. The crab cakes/balls are very good. If you want good crab cakes on the water at Solomon Island, this is the place.Special Features:
- Room with a viewAMooreDined on 3/7/2014This place was an awesome choice for a birthday dinner. The view of the cove was nice and the atmosphere of the place was very layed back and nice. This is a great place to enjoy the local cusine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have been to the KingfishersNJSdiningDined on 2/28/2014we have been to the Kingfishers Restaurant many times and decided to bring family members to enjoy the experience with us this time. we all had a great time and the food & service could not have been better. we will continue to dine at the Kingfishers Restaurant in the future. it is a great place all year long not just during the summer months although we can't wait to be seated outside on the waterfront deck! very enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice as niceBirdNerdDined on 2/16/2014Never having been to Solomons, I took a gamble and booked a table at Kingfishers based on the name alone (my wife and I are birders). It was such a pleasant experience the first time, that we went a second time. We tried many different kinds of food and sampled many beers. It was all fantastic. But what really made the experience great was our waiter, Tom. He was genuinely friendly and even when the restaurant was quite busy, he made time to visit with us. He saw that we were birders and told us about a great spot to see some Bald Eagles and even showed us some pictures of the area. Great food, great beer selection, excellent scenery, but if you go for nothing else, go for the great people who work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was darn goodChubasaurusDined on 2/14/2014Great spot for any occasion. Delicious food, great for a romantic dinner. The live music is a treat as well.Special Features:
- Romantic Valentine's DinnerSuziDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our waterfront dinner at Stoney's on Valentine's Day. They had an extensive beer and wine list. My husband's Neptune platter was delicious and so was my tuna. Customers ranged from couples to families. We'll certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent visitor1876Dined on 2/2/2014Whenever my business travel brings me to Lexington Park, MD, I visit Stoneys for the view and great food.Special Features:
- Reunion spot.0225Dined on 1/8/2014We had the opportunity to meet with some friends that we had not seen for twenty years. We wanted a place that served seafood as one friend lives in the mid-west and misses Southern Maryland seafood. We also wanted a quiet space where we could talk and catch up on each others lives. Stoney's was perfect. The food was great, they gave us a cozy table in front of the fireplace, and we could visit to our heart's content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCarpinteraDined on 1/4/2014Oyster Stew was amazing, filet was perfect and mashed sweet potatoes we delightful.Special Features:
- Solid Restaurant for SeafoodTonyKVIPDined on 1/4/2014This place has awesome crab cakes and other good seafood platters. We've been to this place on a number if occasions and it has been very consistent each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go down the streetNotimpressedDined on 12/31/2013There's a better restaurant right down the street. Crab cakes were very bland, servers station is right next to the tables so you can hear everything they feel like talking about. Not really an intimate environment, meant for larger groups of people.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteFletchDined on 12/31/2013Great food, well priced, scenic river view, never had a bad meal here.Special Features: