Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - West End
3015 W End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: (615) 340-9550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alaska Dzameshie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Come and enjoy our new Sunday brunch selections at Stoney River West End.
A word from Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - West End
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - West End - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (82)good for groups (63)notable wine list (51)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- One of the best steakhousesJasonDybaDined on 11/23/2014Quality food, quality service, quality environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like royaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014From the moment we pulled into the parking lot, we were treated like royalty. Everyone made us feel very important and our happiness was most important to the entire staff. The ambiance was perfect for conversing at our table. The food was so fabulous, it exceeded all expectation. This was a thoroughly enjoyable evening that we will not soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.LikeToEatDined on 11/20/2014Stoney River service and food are both very reliable. Very well worth the money. More value than other nice steak houses in the area. Better food and bigger portions with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed and reasonably pricedJackbearDined on 11/19/2014I can always count on Stoney River to deliver a tasty, consistent product. It also offers a casual fine dining experience that doesn't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr Jekyll and Mr HydeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2014Food great, ambience fit for a steakhouse, food was very good. Everything good but the service. Had a group of 8 and they assigned a server who admitted after dinner that he had been there less than a week. Bad management decision. After very poor service 18% gratuity was still automatcally added to check with no apologies to guests for dismal service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendart filet not so legendarydisappointingDined on 11/15/2014I asked for 10z filet medium rare it came out medium well no red in the steak at all, then it took over 15-20 minutes to get another steak to me and by then my girlfriend had already finished her meal. They did remove the steak from the bill but it practically ruined the over 150 dollar meal. We have eaten at Stoney River over 5 times and this is the first example of bad service and bad steak.Special Features:
- Av8torDined on 11/15/2014Great filet and ribeye. Our wait staff Stevie was great and would ask for her again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nashville SteaksYardleyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great place for steaks and fine dining. Cory our waiters was great. The onion soup and our Filet Mignon were tasty and tender. Great assortment of deserts and Creme Brulee was fantastic. Definitely, a place to dine in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in your mouth steaks!HeatherBfromTNDined on 11/14/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday this year at Stoney River. We had heard how good it was but are frequent visitors to another locally owned steakhouse and just couldn't imagine Stoney River's steaks were any better. Boy were we wrong! My husband had a ribeye and I had a filet and both our steaks were cooked to absolute perfection. We barely needed our steak knives! The salads we ordered to go with our meal were well worth the extra price; they were HUGE! We were seated rather fast as I had made reservations. As soon as we were at our table our waitress greeted us very kindly and wished my husband a happy birthday. After we were finished with our meal, she brought out a slice of chocolate cake (or brownie, I'm not sure which... But it was yummy!) and two glasses of champagne for us to toast his birthday. Very nice and classy touch! We very much enjoyed our first trip to Stoney River and are for certain it will not be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food: A+ Service: F Atmosphere: AJeffDined on 11/13/2014This was our 3rd visit in 5 weeks. The food was plentiful, cooked to perfection, and the presentation was outstanding. The service was very substandard, considering the quality and cost of the restaurant, on this visit. The service was outstanding the previous 2 visits. Our tea glasses were often empty, out appetizer dishes were not removed, we had to ask for steak knives, and we had to remind the waiter we wanted dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty dinnerLuke50Dined on 11/9/2014We went for our anniversary dinner and it was a very good experience. We were seated on time, and the hostess and waiter wished us a happy anniversary. The noise level was moderate to energetic, but we didnt have any trouble hearing ourselves speak. The food was great. We ordered the crab cake as a starter and it arrived very very quickly. It actually arrived before our server even took our entree orders and before the arrival of our bottle of wine. If anything, I would have preferred that entree order to be taken sooner. Not a huge issue. We then had the tuna salad and the coffee infused steak, and both were delicious. Steak was cooked perfectly to my liking (medium-rare) and the tuna was prepared as it should as well.Special Features:
- Great serviceEatOutOftenVIPDined on 11/9/2014Jessie is the best! Very attentive and super nice. Food was good and lived up to Jessie's comments/recommendations. Excellent service.......I can't stress it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's alright.kd83Dined on 11/8/2014The food was good, cocktails and wine list intriguing, the service slllloooooow. We ate only an appetizer of chips and our entrees, which were medium-rare steaks (i.e., not a lot of cooking time). We allowed 2 whole hours to eat and 15 to drive a mile to a concert afterward, honestly thinking we'd have an hour to kill between dinner and the show. Nope - we barely made it before the show started. We waited about 20 min for water and cocktails, even longer for the check. It was my boyfriend's birthday, and we didn't have time to order dessert, even! The place really wasn't that busy at 6 pm. I'm not sure what was going on, there. I might come back -- again, the food was good and the pricing appropriate -- but not if I'm in a hurry!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNALsmbDined on 11/8/2014We took my husband for his birthday and the atmosphere and service were both impeccable as always at this restaurant. The food this time was "off" in our opinion. There were four of us and we each ordered a steak. Three of the steaks were severely overlooked and one was super gristly. We've never been disappointed with Stoney River until now. For the price, you expect that your food is going to be flawless every time but this meal left a lot to be desired. Hopefully the cook just had an off night.....needless to say, for the price, we aren't going to chance it again.Special Features:
- Always a delightRangerjohnDined on 11/2/2014Time and time again we are met with friendly host/hostess and servers. Food is always prepared and served to expectations and portions are generous. We never have been embarrassed when we take our friends there and soon it too becomes one of their favorites Try the coffee encrusted steak, one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnergrubhubDined on 10/31/2014Having dined in London, Europe, Singapore and the rest, I cannot get excited about eating at any of the many restaurants around this town. Have given up relying on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Urbanspoon reviews which have proved unreliable. This place , however, has great quality food, atmosphere and service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food was nothing specialRichardDined on 10/30/2014The ambiance and service were worthy of a very nice steakhouse. Unfortunately, the food didn't deliver I'm my opinion. I ordered the steak medallions and the lobster tempura. The steak was tender but nothing special. The horseradish topping was overpowering rather than complimentary. And the lobster... well, it was just a mistake. Save the tempura for a Japanese restaurant. The others at my table seemed to enjoy their meals, but I thought it was a lot of money for mediocre steak and a baked potato.
- Pleasant dining experiencefoodieforrealDined on 10/27/2014Nothing super special about this steakhouse, but the prices were very reasonable for the meal and good quality. Bread served is amazing. I had the 14 oz ribeye, which was tasty. Nothing super exceptional, but for $31, it was a great meal. The wine list was good, too. Had a delightful bottle of Mondavi -- overall, recommend it.Special Features:
- Great placeGGC64VIPDined on 10/27/2014This is our 3rd or 4th time at this restaurant. We have never been disappointed in food or service.Special Features:
- Never even got to orderOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2014I visited on a Sunday afternoon around 3:45. I was seated in the bar area (even though my reservation states that my preference is for a quiet side table), brought water and my iced tea and then completely ignored. After waiting for 15 minutes, I got up and walked out. I don't care if a shift change is going on, someone should be making certain all the tables seated are being attended to. In order to post this review, I had to enter all the ratings for each category. Since I couldn't even dine, I honestly can't rank their food. However, because I couldn't get food, I'm ranking it poor to complete the review.
- Great ExperienceceejeffDined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. There were 8 of us, from age 4 - 75. Our waitress was very attentive. Everyone enjoyed their food. My husband sent his steak back the first time because he wanted it medium, not medium well. The chef came out to speak with him to make sure everything turned out fine. I recommend this restaurant highly and would love to return when I am back in TN. They made our special occasion very special!Special Features:
- experience feedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food had a strange after taste. The waiter was fine.
- Delicious!SteamqueenDined on 10/25/2014My husband brought me here for my birthday dinner and the restaurant & meal were fantastic. My only complaint was being seated a little too close to the table next to us. Choose a booth if you can.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealHappyDiner63Dined on 10/20/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we were extremely pleased with the quality of the food, the quick and professional service and the overall ambiance. We each ordered steaks which were cooked perfectly and were tender throughout. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodWavsoneDined on 10/20/2014We recently visited Nashville for the first time to visit our son who attends college there. We wanted to take him out for a nice dinner and found Stony River online listed as one of the top restaurants in Nashville. We were greeted by the complimentary valet and friendly staff. We found all staff to be friendly and were attentive to our needs. Our server Regan was able to answer all questions and was attentive but not hovering. The food was amazing the only down side was that we had to leave some of it behind as we were staying in a hotel and had no where to store leftovers. We will definitely return if we come back to Nashville in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yokastamedina1234Dined on 10/18/2014It was great really good great services awesome food and wine. The only thing that I didn't like that much was the group of people close to our table were very loud but it was not the restaurants fault. I will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group had a great time5yearoldDadDined on 10/18/2014We had 10 in our party, we were celebrating my mothers 60 birthday. We had a great experience. The food and service was great. When we needed something it was handled quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Win Well DonerxenoDined on 10/17/2014This is the second time we ordered well done staeaks and the second time they delivered perfectly. No one seems to be able to do that these days. I guess they only train to medium rare. Stoney River trains to complete perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!jpatmullDined on 10/16/2014First time here for dinner. Excellent valet service - complimentary. The only disappointment was that we had to wait about 10 minutes for our 6:30 pm reservation. We arrived on time but had to wait "for a table to be cleaned"? The food and the servers were excellent. Great wine list and steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerswansonDined on 10/9/2014From start to finish everything was wonderful. Food was unbelievable. Service could not have been better. There were a few hiccups in the service (soup I ordered was forgotten and they brought my wife the wrong food). These things were fixed so quickly that to us it was even an issue. Overall great experience and worth the money.Special Features:
- Great steak!crm1Dined on 10/5/2014Great place to celebrate our son's 21st birthday! The steaks were delicious, but the desserts were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grubhubDined on 10/4/2014Big improvement since renovation and new owners. We live close by so will be backSpecial Features:
- Scott GCookieDined on 10/3/2014THE best steak in town. Just a great spot for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really delicious steakDCTCADined on 10/2/2014Dining companions had fish and said it was also delicious. Very pleasant and good service.Special Features:
- Reservation was not accurateFattyMattyDined on 9/27/2014Our experience at Stony River was disappointing to say the least. Every restaurant can have an off night but this this visit was just error filled. I made reservations for 5 on Open Table and I added this was a 16th birthday party celebration. When the hostess was taking us to our table she walked us into the very loud bar area and she noticed that the table hadn't been cleaned yet. And..it was in the corner of the bar under one of the tvs. She asked if we minded sitting in the bar (much less at a dirty table) and I the table couldn't have been a louder area. Adding to the fact we were celebrating a teenager's birthday party which I had advised them about on Open Table, I was shocked this was the first option.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014we took our daughter and son-in-law out for their anniversary and had a wonderful dining experience. excellent service and great wine. we will definitely be back for our next special occasion out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and divineLynnJDined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant, great service. Only down fall was that they have spotlights in the dining area that aren't correctly placed and can be blinding while dining. The position of the lights do indeed need to be reconsidered to make the experience amazing. Minus that, the food was terrific and our waiter was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationDinerDanDined on 9/26/2014Reserved table for my wife's birthday. Traffic getting there was bad, but I called and informed hostess who was very kind and held our table. Waiter was great, as was the food. Only issue was the lack of a children's menu to select from, but our waiter offered suggestions to manage this issue.Special Features:
- Solid and good valuedcvisitorDined on 9/19/2014Steaks good and wedge salad excellent. Whiskey shrimp appetizer is a gem. Not up to flemings quality but also somewhat cheaper. Service spotty.. Server at our table every two min trying to get us to order but then once we did we barely saw him. took forever to get his attention to get the bill as he had ten minute conversation with neighboring table and then never looked around at his other tables before leaving room. Request for quieter table was honored. thanks very much. Good solid place for good steak .I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestenddinerwestenddinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Overall, the food, service and setting were great. The wait staff was attentive and nice. The only service complaint is that our steaks arrived shortly after we were served our starters, so they were placed on the side to get cold while we enjoyed appetizers. But the food was very good for everyone at the table.Special Features: