Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson
825 Dulaney Valley Road, Ste 1157
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: (410) 583-5250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abraham Baida
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (41)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- First Impressions are everythingErickaDined on 11/22/2014My experience was great besides first walking in. As we walked in there were five hostess and not one of them acknowledged me, even after I'd begun speaking. That was a really bad impression and I was extremely disappointed that my first impression began that way. As I was seated my experience completely transformed! My server was AMAZING, never had to ask for a refill, food came out hot & delicious, & server was EXTREMELY pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I love coming here for dinner. Unfortunately my steak was cold by the time it hit the table. I sent it back and the steak was throne back on the grill. Yes it was warm but also had a yucky burnt taste to it. By the time I got the steak back everyone else was finished. The manager did take it off the bill and offered a free desert. Service was slow and it wasn't like out past experience. Hoping it will be better the next time we go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney RiverEasterDined on 11/22/2014Food came out exactly as ordered. Waiter was attentive. Restaurant decor is always attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service...go for the steak and burgers.JRingerDined on 11/21/2014I first bought a client here for lunch- soup and burgers in a perfect setting - comfortable, roomy booths, not noisy, attentive wait staff. Dinner was a different experience - the restaurant is noisier, and we found that the steak entrees were superior to the fish entrees. Great service no matter what time of day. Good wine selection, but strangely the bar doesn't stock Dubonnet. I would probably not return for dinner unless everyone in the party wanted steak. I will definitely return for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection for non meat eaters!SDKTRDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I have been to this location more than once and are making our way through the many seafood selections on the menu. So far they all have been GREAT! We are not meat eaters and stayed away for quite some time but are so happy we gave it a try. It is our new favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, service, and quiet.mloveDined on 11/14/2014There were five of us Celebrating our son's 27th birthday! Food was great, service was very attentive. The restaurant was quiet, we were able to carry on conversations across the table. It was a very nice evening. I would definitely go back and recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014I was thoroughly please with this restaurant and the attention provided by the staff. I HIGHLY recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRobertDined on 11/10/20141. Reservation was handled incorrectly. Although my reservation was for 2 and the confirmed it was for 2 by telephone, we had to wait to be seated at a table which was for 7!!!. After showing them the online reservation, they finally agreed it was their error. 2. The reservation was for a birthday celebration and I called and asked if they did anything special. They said they did provide a brownie with a candle for the birthday person. That never happened even though they acknowledged that this was a birthday dinner at least twice. 3. Outbacks steaks are better. The Whiskey Shrimp appetizer was fantastic though along with very good sides 4. Staff is very attentive.
- Great SteaksIceCoachDined on 11/6/2014We dined at Stoney River on a recent Thursday evening. I ordered the ribeye and my wife ordered the filet. Both steaks came out cooked to perfection and were absolutely delicious. This is our favorite restaurant and we've never been disappointed with our experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic steakMMGWDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have dined at Stoney River three times now. We haven't been disappointed once! This time we went during lunch hours, and were pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was. Our server was attentive and answered the questions we had. For starters, I had the french onion soup and my husband had the crab cake, both were excellent. For entrees, my husband ordered the coffee cured filet (again!) and I ordered the filet trio. We agree that Stoney River always serves up some of the best steak we have ever had! My husband thought that the au gratin potatoes were a bit on the dry side this time, but loved the sweet potato casserole that I ordered.
- Gives Ruth Chris a chaseUndone1Dined on 10/30/2014If a couple or family wishes to celebrate a special occasion or just to head out for a nice steak dinner and full menu of appetizers, soups and salads, then head to Stoney River. Transport yourself to a lodge in the Rocky Mountains or Colorado and relax with friends and family. For the price- mid-range upscale steak house, avoid the overcharges and per item al a carte costs that can pad your bill for the night.Special Features:
- Great food, great ambiance!Brendabenn59Dined on 10/25/2014I made a reservation late Saturday for Saturday evening .... It was wonderful. We were seated within 5 minutes, we had a great booth near the fireplace and our server was very attentive! We did have a small problem - my husband's Caesar salad came out with his dinner, but at that point we just sent it back. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerStoneCutter191Dined on 10/24/2014My wife and I went to Stoney River for our anniversary dinner. The wait staff was extremely nice and professional - we showed up 15 minutes after our reservation (had trouble finding parking), and they promptly got us to our table. The recommended appetizers were amazing (a cheese steak style egg roll). My wife's drink tasted like straight tequila. She ordered a medium New York Strip which was overcooked and had a lot of fat on it (unusual for a NY Strip), and my prime rib - which was supposed to be medium rare - was medium to well, dried out, and the au jus sauce was very bland. Since it was later in the evening, we didn't send them back - but there are much better steak places for the same amount of money. Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Good Food-Good Service-Nice EveningsechjrDined on 10/22/2014Luckily I called the next day to confirm the reservation. They could not find the one I placed via OpenTable but they had no problem making one. The food was very good and in some cases unique and excellent (Coffee-Cured Filet Mignon - Wow!). The service was also excellent. It was busy for a rainy Wednesday night (a good sign) but unfortunately that made it difficult to hear the music (it sounded like it was nice music for the atmosphere - the string bass was all I could hear though). I definitely recommend this place. You can even get a seat by the fire place. We had a wonderful time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a very popular place!AmerzDined on 10/18/2014I can't believe how busy the restaurant was. The service was super, the food was very good. But it was expensive. I don't think that the experience was worth Ruth Chris prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!UdeljaxDined on 10/18/2014I had the coffee-cured filet and it was outstanding! They provided a steak knife, but I probably would have only needed a butter knife. My husband had the prime rib and it was also very good! We were approached as soon as we were seating and the food came out at a very reasonable pace. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietStormDined on 10/18/2014From arrival to seating service was spot on. I usually don't say this about steak houses however this was of the 1st steakhouses I've eaten in over the years that I did not hae to add anything to i.e. the steak sauces mushroom / onions to help bring out the flavor. keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worked for usdebBVIPDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is in Towson Mall and there is free valet parking. The restaurant is roomy and comfortable. Both factors were very important to us since we had a grandma in a wheelchair with us. The appetizers were good, but caloric. The lobster bisque was OK. Knowing that we were going to be eating heavily for dinner, we ordered entree salads. Mine was very garlicy and not the most exciting salad. The other salads were ordinary and the chicken very caloric. Grandma had a prime rib sandwich and seemed much happier than those of us eating rabbit food. Lesson learned--when in Rome, do as the Romans do. We will be back, and we'll get the steak!Special Features:
- Birthday BashFoodFanatic48Dined on 10/14/2014I went to Stoney River, once with my boyfriend and once for my 21st birthday. Both times, the setting was relaxed but also upbeat, which sounds odd but it was a wonderful combination. The food is always so delicious, and it is a perfect place for a group night out, or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceJohariDined on 10/11/2014Whether a planned outting or just in the neighborhood, Stoney River is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the spot for carnivoresHightechDined on 10/11/2014This is the perfect spot to a satisfy craving for steak. Four of us ordered various cuts of steak, all cooked to various degrees of "doneness" & everyone was pleased with their meals. Service was very attentive-water glasses were kept full & questions regarding ingredients were answered quickly after our waiter consulted with the kitchen. We would definitely return to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatPaulDined on 10/10/2014The food is consistently terrific. If you enjoy steak, this is a place to regularly patronize. We've never had a issue and the wait staff are knowledgeable, quietly attentive and always work hard to make the experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for dinnerLoveToEatOutDined on 10/10/2014We chose stoney river for our anniversary. Neither of us had ever been, AND It Was great. The server was very attentive, management checked on us, and the food was quite tasty. The atmosphere was very calming and inviting. Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for mediocre foodGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food was ok, unfortunately flavorless, but the service was not the best (lemonade took longer than a Manhattan to come out) and the price was VERY expensive for a steakhouse in a mall. Here's a tip - the au gratin potatoes are VERY dry, not creamy at all, so get the mac and cheese instead.
- Perfect Date NightBaltimoreDinersDined on 10/3/2014Stoney River was a perfect date night for us. We had three requirements for a enjoyable evening out: great good, great atmosphere, and great service. And, Stoney River delivered on all three. We are definitely Stoney River fans. It's our "go to place" when we want to have a great experience as a couple, as a family, or with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!mjp1VIPDined on 9/29/2014Delicious - great starter rolls, mashed potatoes and steak! Always consistent and always good.Special Features:
- Anniversary TreatAll4loveDined on 9/26/2014We took a chance and tried Stoney River. Made online reservation, shared it was our anniversary. Prompt seating, excellent booth at the fireplace, server was friendly and knowledgable. The food was great. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLive2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love Stoney River though have to say we have only eaten in the bar area. I am a self proclaimed onion soup afficianado and I have to say theirs is the best I have ever had hands down! If you like onion soup you have to do yourself a favor and try theirs. I guarantee you will not be disappointed! Another great choice are their baby back ribs. Not only are they fall off the bone delicious but they have this wonderful grill barbecue flavor that is fantastic! One thing I do not like is their little fried onion balls of dough. That is what you will get when you ask for bread. They could definately improve on that. Look forward to visiting again soon!Special Features:
- OVERRATEDKrisVIPDined on 9/20/2014I've been here before and the food was ok. This time the waiter was nice but had on way to much cologne. I left with a headach from his strong smell. The bread that he brought to the table was cold and my food was lukewarm. The bill was 100.00 for 2 ppl and it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent Atmosphere, Great ServiceCOBaltimoreVIPDined on 9/19/2014This hidden gem was a huge surprise. The atmosphere was excellent, particularlly when you lunch early. The food was very good except for salty fries a perfect meal. The service was great as well. A definite recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, good servicealwaysnycDined on 9/13/2014Great steak and the desserts are made in-house. Our server, Nick, was attentive and quite happily gave us his thoughts and recommendations when asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencerisingdown360Dined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I had a spacious booth with great recommendations from our knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedSnoopyDined on 9/5/2014The service at Stoney River is definitely hands down the reason we continue to visit this restaurant. Although its on a larger scale the dining experience is cozy and quaint. Our waiter last Friday evening was amazing...very attentative...did not waiver on concessions with regard to small changes to the menu (side items that come pre-selected)....very in tune to our dining needs. The manager on staff was also very kind and attentive which is rare....because they are usually out of site, he was very hands on and made his presence known....but not in an overnbearing way....you could tell he cared about everyones dining experience. As always the food was impeccable! Thank you again for such a lovely establishment and wonderful employees!Special Features:
- Yummy!Mels421VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always consistent at this restaurant! We never leave hungry. The serving size is quite large so my husband and I always share an appetizer. That way we can try and finish our main course.Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent Service!CarlyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was in Towson, MD for a wedding and one of the highlights of my trip was dining at Stoney River Legendary Steakhouse, we ordered the Whiskey Shrimp, Steak Burgers, Border Pasta and the Shrimp Platter all dishes were cooked to perfection and from the bar we ordered the Grayson Chardonnay, Rockefeller Vodka, Lemon Mojito and the Angels Revenge my guests thoroughly enjoyed their drinks. I wanted to thank our server Joshua for the excellent dining experience and for recommending the entrées and drinks. We look forward to visiting Stoney River on our next visit to the East Coast.Special Features:
- 5 StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were somewhat skeptical because of the reviews we saw online; however, we're glad that we did not allow those reviews to keep us from visiting Stoney River of Towson. We were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary and had received a gift card to Stoney River. We were very pleased from the moment we walked through the door. We were made to feel very special from the seating in front of the fireplace to the cake and candles with our after dinner coffee. Our server was excellent and really knew his business from the appetizers to the winelist. The food was very delicious and cooked to order (fresh, fresh, fresh!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the prime rib was impeccable. The chef made alfredo (an off the menu dish) for my wife, and my daughter loved her shrimp. Thank you again. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- service was terriblefoodieDined on 8/23/2014Terrible experience. It took almost 1 hour just to get complementary bread and drinks.Special Features:
- Great MealJoeSDined on 8/23/2014Happened to be in town moving my daughter into college and found this next to the hotel. Frequent high end steak house for work and this was definately a pleasurable experience. The food was excellent, great appetizers and steak cooked to perfection. Decent wine list not overpriced and service was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience! Highly recommend!AllergyAwareAmyDined on 8/22/2014We visited Baltimore this past weekend and had such a wonderful experience at this restaurant that we had to write about it here to let people know and to publicly thank the restaurant! It's very difficult (in fact, almost impossible) to find a place that our middle daughter can eat because she has severe life-threatening food allergies, but we called ahead and were told that Stoney River has a scratch kitchen and could accommodate her/us. Well, the manager (Mehrez Ayari) could not have been more attentive or helpful. He supervised the preparation of her meal and when she tasted it, she thought she was in heaven. All of our meals were delicious and perfectly prepared. Thank you Mr. Ayari... you're a class act and you made us all very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.