Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Deer Park
20504 N. Rand Rd
Deer Park, IL 60010Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Deer Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: (847) 719-1596
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Luebker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Join us for weekend brunch beginning at 11:00AM on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
A word from Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Deer Park
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Deer Park - Best Restaurants in Deer Park ›
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Deer Park reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (36)good for groups (32)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- JoanDined on 11/22/2014requested a fireplace side table and we did get it. Server made very good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem in Deerpark...ApotheosisVIPDined on 11/22/2014What a great place! The service was excellent. The table location was perfect for what I had requested. The martini was custom made for me and was superb. The coffee crusted Filet Mignon was spectacular. We enjoyed ourselves so much and the atmosphere, that we returned the following Sunday to watch the Bears game at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as usualCarolVIPDined on 11/17/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Stoney River. As usual food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeBVIPDined on 11/16/2014The service, the prime rib and the wine were all excellent. Enjoy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!sallyDined on 11/15/2014Great steaks that are reasonably priced and always cooked to perfection. The bar is huge and has a great wine list by the glass or bottle. It's a great place to hang at the expansive bar or have a wonderful steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllergiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great restaurant for people with any types of food allergies. Very accommodating in regards to allergies and waitress made every effort to ensure food was prepared correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a bit priceydogloverDined on 11/1/2014Good food but a bit pricey and no 'different' specials other than the menu items. Would have appreciated a bit more fish on the menu, since I do not eat beef.Special Features:
- changeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Service was not as attentive as it used to be. I have been to this location several times before and the service quality has definitely decreased. Maybe it has something to do with a revolving door of staff that never seems consistant. The food has also changed. Steaks have increased in prices and now only come with one side instead of two. I woold expect more plate presentation when I'm paying 40 bucks for a steak and potatoI would recommend this to a friend.
- awful awful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Food was beyond salty. I have never ordered a steak that was so salty I could not even eat it.
- ItalianguruItalianguruDined on 10/29/2014The noise level made conversation impossible. Two of our four diners were inedible due to excess salt. To the restaurants credit, they fixed it with alternate choices. However, this meant our group of four ate in two shifts
- Great steakDrMikeDined on 10/26/2014Had a nice late lunch celebrating a birthday. Service was really good and food was great. Wedge salad was excellent. Fudge brownie for dessert was nice touch.Special Features:
- Great date night restaurantoccasionaldinerDined on 10/25/2014Food and service is excellent. Wine and cocktail menus are extensive. The booths are also somewhat private.Special Features:
- Always great!PortlandonVIPDined on 10/25/2014Love their baby kale salad and lodge filet! Food is always prepared at the right temperature, great service and atmosphere. Great wine selection too.Special Features:
- Date night ruinedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Our experience at Stoney River was not what would be expected. My boyfriend found a steel bristle from the grill brush in his steak! It was about and inch long and very rigid. If he would have ingested that we surely would be in the hospital! How it was not noticed is beyond me! We brought it to the manager's attention and he had a new steak prepared that was very rare when brought out and pretty much not edible. We just wanted to enjoy a nice meal together and instead we pretty much ate alone. The management did comp our entrees but not the entire bill. I am glad my boyfriend is ok but we will not be returning to Stoney River.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We go to Stoney River in Deer Park a couple of times a year, as a couple, also with friends/family. Ambiance is great, staff are always very pleasant and professional and the food is always really good. Would recommend this restaurant for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- There are quiet spotsFood4FunDined on 10/18/2014Good food. I requested a quieter area of the restaurant and was rewarded with a table for four that aloud good conversation. As always a dependable location for a good meal and this time good conversation.Special Features:
- majorDined on 10/17/2014Very good food and service. Steaks and seafood are great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!dp1013Dined on 10/11/2014Great food and great service! Only detraction is that it is very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience overall!amer12388Dined on 10/11/2014Stoney River is outstanding! Would recommend to anyone I know. Reasonable prices for steak (comparable to Coopers Hawk or Outback) but the service and ambience is much more favorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryLalaDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I chose this as a nice dinner spot to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere and the service was wonderful. The food was outstanding. Everybody wished us happy anniversary when we checked in with the hostess after mentioning it on my online reservation. Our waitress was warm and friendly and served our every need. My husband and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomtsalviDined on 10/10/2014Very good steak at a fair price. Baked Potato was perfect.Special Features:
- Attentive, classy restaurantLuv2dine2Dined on 10/7/2014From the moment you enter SR it feels like a great restaurant. Staff is ultra nice and friendly. Food is excellent, wine list extensive. Great for couples, great for groups. Highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDonGetoutmuchDined on 10/5/2014The food was excellent and so was the service. My wife and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!BarbDined on 10/4/2014Stoney River really knows their steak and fish! I had the Hong Kong Sea Bass that was absolutely delicious! The fish was prepared perfectly- moist, yet flakey; brought to the table right after it was cooked. Everyone else had steak they were completly happy with- individually prepared to their specifications. Our meals began with those mouth watering mini sweet rolls- to die for!! The salads also were made with just the right amount of dressing, very tasty! Our server, Kate, was knowledgeable and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coffee cured filetBusterDined on 9/29/2014We have a Stoney River here in Nashville and are regulars. It was good to see that the only difference waqs the decor, and it was good.Special Features:
- Good Food...Service LackingAltaiguyDined on 9/28/2014We were having a Sunday birthday lunch for my Mother. There were 7 in our party. The food was up to their regular standards, well prepared and good tasting. However, the service was slow as molasses. There were only a few tables occupied during our time and our waitress was very slow. It took forever to get the food and drinks we had ordered and when the bill came, our waitress mis-charged one of the members of our party as we were splitting the check 3 ways. The dining area was very cold and the jazz music was quite loud. Many in our party were forced to wear a sweater to keep warm when it was 80 degrees outside. Sadly, not one of the best days for this establishment.Special Features:
- Good SteakrunnergirlVIPDined on 9/27/2014The steak is always great at Stoney River. Unfortunately, the prices are going up and the service isn't keeping up with the cost.
- Great Aged SteakSteakmanDined on 9/23/2014The filets are aged between 21 and 42 days. They are so tender that they can be cut with a butter knife.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experiencecubsgal6Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant serves excellent food. We had the coffee-encrusted filet and the prime rib. Both cooked perfectly, good flavor and tenderness. Unbelievable service from our server Alyssa. She made many suggestions from appetizers to wine. The steak egg rolls are highly recommended! My compliments to the general manager as he has an excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchbboopVIPDined on 9/19/2014Love the food, love the casual/chic vibe, best service ever!Special Features:
- Customer careDiner12VIPDined on 9/19/2014We dine at Stoney River at least once every two weeks. Always enjoy the food, service, atmosphere, and overall the customer care. Staff goes above and beyond their duties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OctomanDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Chris was outstanding and very helpful.Special Features:
- NatalieDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. One of the best places I have been in a long time.Special Features:
- Expected a legendary steak.RonHDined on 9/13/2014Disappointed in their signature filet. I'm a medium well guy, and the restaurant insisted they had to butterfly it. One held was rare and the second held was well. I guess I should average it out and say It was cooked to order. Potatoes were good. Disappointing creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakenzyDined on 9/12/2014Great steaks. Great service Entire staff is friendly and accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoodMeatAtarianDined on 9/10/2014We consistentely eat at Stoney River (often take out). On Wednesday we dined in and had a fabulous experience. They have changed the menu in the last few months, but the key items are still there without adjustments -- House Salad, steaks, coffee-cured, etc. HINT: They have started cooking their steaks in buttter. Be sure to order your steak dry you don't like butter on your steak or looking to save a few calories for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014From the greeting at the door throughout our meal, the service was spectacular! Our server was very knowledgeable and made recommendations regarding apps, wines and desserts. She also had great suggestions on how best to order our steaks to bring out the most robust flavor. Cozy & casual atmosphere but food and service 5 star. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Wonderful Food and ambiance. Will return again. Love your steaks
- Wish it were better...justme2uDined on 9/3/2014We went for a birthday celebration, wanting a really good steak dinner. Unfortunately one steak was too raw and the other too well done. Both were ordered as medium. They took the raw one back, but it still was more red than we like it when it was returned. We didn't complain about the overcooked one because we really weren't looking to make any issues. That one was ordered with their special marinade of coffee, brown sugar and molasses, but it tasted just plain over-salted and dry! Even though they tried to compensate with a free dessert, don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon. Disappointing all around.
- Lunch at Stoney RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Whiskey shrimp and cowboy bone in rib eye. Nuff said!Special Features: