Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Atlanta
1640 Cumberland Mall SE
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: (678) 305-9229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Simon Young
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Atlanta
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (47)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I went there for Friday date night. Maggie, our server, was fantastic. Wonderful dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerABKMODELZDined on 11/20/2014This was the first time I went to this restaurant and the experience was great! I enjoyed everything from the food, customer service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak goodMikeVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great steaks....although I'm pretty sure there was MSG as I felt it later that evening. The sautéed spinach was very gritty and when I told the waiter, there was no compensation. I couldn't eat it. Lovely ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakhouseTerbearDined on 11/15/2014Everything was delicious and all the staff were very friendly. Prime rib was divine as well as the coffee rubbed filet mignon. I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order mishapOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014Our appetizer was not brought in until we asked after we received our meal. No stop from manager to explain what happened. Very uncharastic for Stoney River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DateMDubDined on 11/7/2014Great spot and meal to finish up a hard week of work. The dim lights make it a perfect date night.Special Features:
- Very niceSocialFanVIPDined on 11/4/2014We were surprised how crowded it was for a Tuesday night. Food was great, loved the steak egg rolls that were not on the menu that should be, the bread was great and they kept filling up the basket, the seared tuna salad is always a hit (ask for a different dressing though the lime is too sweet), the lobster tail with the medallions was great too - too full for desert. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014We were celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary. We at Stoney River last year for our 25th, which was very nice as well. It was special then, we ended up with the same server from last year, which was Stephanie. She was awesome then & she gave the same superior service on Monday, 11/3...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, perfected menu!EightbitspartanDined on 11/1/2014Small, perfected menu with fantastic service! Would recommend to anyone in the Atlanta area looking for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMUTigerDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere, service and food was excellent. My wife and I always enjoy dining at Stoney River and we would recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!!Khayes84Dined on 10/24/2014Awesome place to dine. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really a let downDaveVIPDined on 10/24/2014We go to Stoney River several times a year, and usually find it very good, but Friday night before the Jim Gaffigan concert was very disappointing. Service was slow, steaks came out looking like that had been sitting for a long time, were dry and lacked any real appeal. One of our group did not get her meal ( which at least was comped), but then they had the nerve to but on a mandatory gratuity, because we had a group of 8. There are too many really good steak houses in the area for Stoney River to keep on this track. I hope they can get the message and show improvement or my next visit will be my last.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealJimmyVIPDined on 10/23/2014Very good steaks and wines at reasonable prices. The bar area is also cozy and perfect for relaxing after work.Special Features:
- Great serviceHappyManDined on 10/16/2014Our waitress was awesome: attentive, timely and friendly. I tipped her 50 bucks (20%)Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2014The lobster was not cooked long enough and my steak was cooked too long. I ordered med rare and it was medium well. Maybe they had a bad night but at this point I cannot recommend it to others.
- The BestluvStoneyRiverDined on 10/12/2014The best prime rib and rolls in the area!!! Always friendly and very professional.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceluvstkDined on 10/12/2014The waiter and the manager provided a sincere care of what being asked and should be in the ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Great Prime Rib! Delightful service. Nice all around!Special Features:
- Slow service and expensiveDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014We arrived at this place expecting a nice dinner. The service was very slow. It seemed that when you asked for something, that was somebody else that needed to get that for you so we would wait. For the price, I could get a better steak at Longhorn or Outback for a third of the price. We won't be going back.
- Birthday and Grandchild CelebrationdiningwfriendsDined on 10/4/2014We came to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and the birth 2 days earlier of our first grandchild, a granddaughter. The experience was wonderful. Aaron, our favorite waiter of all time, was so attentive. A visit by the manager on duty, David, as well as Corey, made the great night spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRaytonDined on 10/3/2014I had a great service during dinner there. It was my first time and the waiter made sure we enjoyed what the best they had to offer. I had the ribeye and it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!Brandon2014Dined on 10/1/2014Awesome service & great foods for special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDelijaVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great steaks. Had a group of 5, all of us from Texas visiting Atlanta. Everybody had a great, perfectly grilled steak. Will visit again when in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early afternoon Birthday DinnerBimmingallthewayDined on 9/28/2014Dined for birthday with family and friends. We were greeted promptly by the hostess and taken to our table. Our waiter greeted us promptly and offered to take drink orders. We ordered a bottle of wine and were allowed to taste the wine since we were not sure which wine we wanted. Once we decided on the bottle, it took about 10 minutes for the wine to be served (seemed a bit long). Our appetizers (tempura lobster tail, crab cakes, and egg rolls) were served promptly and were delicious. The lobster tail was exceptional...crab cakes were good, but had more mayonnaise than I really like. I ordered the coffee rubbed filet mignon, loaded baked potato and spinach. All were delicious. Pecan trout, fried shrimp, and chicken entrees were good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great for my out of town guest. I am a regular customer and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Me the wife enjoyed a nice quiet dinner and drinks. We were able to reserve our table online and walked right in. The VIP treatment continued as our waiter was great. The steaks were awesome. The fireplace and atmosphere made it a great place to unwind on Friday and have good conversation with my love. She really enjoy her steak and ate the whole thing. This is a first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLakali01Dined on 9/26/2014The service was great. For our appetizer we had the whiskey shrimp on country toast. It was delicious. We also had the tempura fried lobster tail, equally delicious. For the main dish, I had the filet medallions with a crab cake. The crab cake was great, full of crab and little filler, however my filet was dry and overcooked. My husband also had the filet medallions and his was dry and overcooked as well. Overall most of the food was good and the service was good so we will probably go back and order something other than the filet.Special Features:
- Great Service, Food went downhillduderonomyDined on 9/20/2014I found that on my most recent visit to Stoney River, the food quality was obviously lower than it was last time (and the prices seem to have gone up a bit - it's been about a year since my last visit, which was the John's Creek location). The service was excellent as usual, albeit a bit lengthy between visits by the waiter this time when compared to last time. Don't get me wrong, it was still really good, just not as good as last visit. Hopefully this is a fluke that will not repeat itself.Special Features:
- 2foodiesDined on 9/20/2014Great prime rib and ribeye! Best augratin potatoes in Atlanta! If you like blue cheese dressing on your salad they make the best in town!Special Features:
- Cobb Restaurant Week ExperienceCindyluVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very good service. Great Food offered during Cobb Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- great eaving!!!vegansDined on 9/19/2014great nite with friends. vegan menu was on the moneySpecial Features:
- Cobb Restaurant weekfoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014saw it in the Cobb magazine. Looked all over for a website. Googled it and looked for a website. Finally on the last day I found the website with the menu of the pre-selected 3 course meals. I looked on open table and couldn't find any menu for Cobb Restaurant week. We finally arrived and the waiter didn't know what I was talking about and had to go find the special menu. The food is always very good but it wasn't anything special or wow about the selection of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014We had just received our soup then the entrée came right after. I asked for my soup to go so my meal would not get cold. Our server was excellent, I'm not sure why this error happened. BTW, we did not wait a long time for the soup either, perhaps the kitchen got ahead of it self.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Awesome staff and GREAT manager These people know what great hosting meansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KellyDined on 9/12/2014Absolutely the best steak! All food was prepared and cooked perfectly. Excellent wait staff, my drink was never empty before receiving another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OmarVIPDined on 9/11/2014The service and the food where great! We had a reservation for 10 people and 5 more showed up. They were extremely accommodating.Special Features:
- Great foodPcdawgDined on 9/6/2014I went there with my wife and 6 friends. The food was amazing and setting was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJimODined on 8/29/2014I've eaten here a few times - usually it's very good, but this visit was not as good as previous visits. Steak was undercooked and two of our guests said theirs was over spiced. They have taken down a wall in the dining room to open the place up but all it really accomplished was making the place MUCH louder. Too loud in my opinion.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Seated quickly (had a reservation), ambiance was pleasant, wait staff was attentive, price was respectable for lunch for 3. The restaurant is located in the same plaza as cheesecake factory, ted's montana grill, pf chang and maggiano's. It is definitely the most pleasant of the choices as far as noise control is concerned. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BESTmrddieselDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this location. The whole dining experience was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.