Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End
3015 W End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6153409550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alaska Dzameshie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Come and enjoy our new Sunday brunch selections at Stoney River West End.
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)romantic (88)good for groups (57)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Wonderful MealHappyDiner63Dined on 10/20/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we were extremely pleased with the quality of the food, the quick and professional service and the overall ambiance. We each ordered steaks which were cooked perfectly and were tender throughout. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We recently visited Nashville for the first time to visit our son who attends college there. We wanted to take him out for a nice dinner and found Stony River online listed as one of the top restaurants in Nashville. We were greeted by the complimentary valet and friendly staff. We found all staff to be friendly and were attentive to our needs. Our server Regan was able to answer all questions and was attentive but not hovering. The food was amazing the only down side was that we had to leave some of it behind as we were staying in a hotel and had no where to store leftovers. We will definitely return if we come back to Nashville in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yokastamedina1234Dined on 10/18/2014It was great really good great services awesome food and wine. The only thing that I didn't like that much was the group of people close to our table were very loud but it was not the restaurants fault. I will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group had a great time5yearoldDadDined on 10/18/2014We had 10 in our party, we were celebrating my mothers 60 birthday. We had a great experience. The food and service was great. When we needed something it was handled quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Win Well DonerxenoDined on 10/17/2014This is the second time we ordered well done staeaks and the second time they delivered perfectly. No one seems to be able to do that these days. I guess they only train to medium rare. Stoney River trains to complete perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!jpatmullDined on 10/16/2014First time here for dinner. Excellent valet service - complimentary. The only disappointment was that we had to wait about 10 minutes for our 6:30 pm reservation. We arrived on time but had to wait "for a table to be cleaned"? The food and the servers were excellent. Great wine list and steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerswansonDined on 10/9/2014From start to finish everything was wonderful. Food was unbelievable. Service could not have been better. There were a few hiccups in the service (soup I ordered was forgotten and they brought my wife the wrong food). These things were fixed so quickly that to us it was even an issue. Overall great experience and worth the money.Special Features:
- Great steak!crm1Dined on 10/5/2014Great place to celebrate our son's 21st birthday! The steaks were delicious, but the desserts were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Big improvement since renovation and new owners. We live close by so will be backSpecial Features:
- Scott GCookieDined on 10/3/2014THE best steak in town. Just a great spot for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really delicious steakDCTCADined on 10/2/2014Dining companions had fish and said it was also delicious. Very pleasant and good service.Special Features:
- Reservation was not accurateFattyMattyDined on 9/27/2014Our experience at Stony River was disappointing to say the least. Every restaurant can have an off night but this this visit was just error filled. I made reservations for 5 on Open Table and I added this was a 16th birthday party celebration. When the hostess was taking us to our table she walked us into the very loud bar area and she noticed that the table hadn't been cleaned yet. And..it was in the corner of the bar under one of the tvs. She asked if we minded sitting in the bar (much less at a dirty table) and I the table couldn't have been a louder area. Adding to the fact we were celebrating a teenager's birthday party which I had advised them about on Open Table, I was shocked this was the first option.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014we took our daughter and son-in-law out for their anniversary and had a wonderful dining experience. excellent service and great wine. we will definitely be back for our next special occasion out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and divineLynnJDined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant, great service. Only down fall was that they have spotlights in the dining area that aren't correctly placed and can be blinding while dining. The position of the lights do indeed need to be reconsidered to make the experience amazing. Minus that, the food was terrific and our waiter was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationDinerDanDined on 9/26/2014Reserved table for my wife's birthday. Traffic getting there was bad, but I called and informed hostess who was very kind and held our table. Waiter was great, as was the food. Only issue was the lack of a children's menu to select from, but our waiter offered suggestions to manage this issue.Special Features:
- Solid and good valuedcvisitorDined on 9/19/2014Steaks good and wedge salad excellent. Whiskey shrimp appetizer is a gem. Not up to flemings quality but also somewhat cheaper. Service spotty.. Server at our table every two min trying to get us to order but then once we did we barely saw him. took forever to get his attention to get the bill as he had ten minute conversation with neighboring table and then never looked around at his other tables before leaving room. Request for quieter table was honored. thanks very much. Good solid place for good steak .I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestenddinerwestenddinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Overall, the food, service and setting were great. The wait staff was attentive and nice. The only service complaint is that our steaks arrived shortly after we were served our starters, so they were placed on the side to get cold while we enjoyed appetizers. But the food was very good for everyone at the table.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodMVNashvilleVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our server was genuine, pleasant, and she gave our occasion-dinner a memorable experience. Try the coffee cured filet- so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I agree with other posts that meal was served WAY too fast. 3 courses in under 45 minutes. Talk about speed dining! I started to ask for it to be slowed down so we could enjoy conversation with family and friends (we were a party of 6), but figured the food would just be sitting in the kitchen getting cold or dried out under the heat lamps. There was no reason to clear us out so fast as it was a Sunday evening and the restaurant wasn't even half full. Everything was very salty, even the one person that asked for light salt said theirs was too salty. Restaurant was beautiful, ver we'll decorated with a nice enough staff, but we Will not return on any future trips to Nashville.
- Great steakhousejohnnydDined on 9/14/2014We went for a birthday celebration and everything was top notch. It's pricey as all steakhouses are but not as outrageous as Ruth's Chris or Morton's and the quality was as good if not better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanderbilt Parents WeekendVanderbiltParent2018Dined on 9/13/2014The service was inexcusably slow and the waiter was inattentive. We had to ask for drinks and bread, flagging down another waiter to get service. Very disappointing.
- They blew it.WayISeeitDined on 9/13/2014Went for a special dinner with my family. Always enjoy a great steakhouse and made my reservation weeks in advance. Was hounded with emails and called to make sure we were going to show up. Nice table, everyone friendly, knowing steakhouses make steak differently, I explained how I like my steak to the waiter. When it arrives, it looks great, not waiting for me to check it, the waiters dump and run. Mine is way too raw. Have to look for the waiter to send it back. Then the wait begins. Finally cancel my order because although it was nice that they offered to cook me a new one, my family were already near finishing their meals. They tried to do the right thing, but special moments/nights can't be duplicated. I left aggravated and hungry.
- BNAECPDined on 9/13/2014Unquestionably one of Nashville's best restaurants for steak and now seafood. Revitalized with perfect lighting and black and white photographic art of mountain streams in East Tennessee. Service was impeccable. Now under ownership of J. Alexander's, this restaurant is giving its sister concept a run for supreme quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for AnniversaryGr8anniverary29thDined on 9/13/2014It was our 29th wedding anniversary. We made our reservations and they called to confirm. When we arrived they asked if it was a special occasion. we explained that it was our 29th anniversary and they then seated us in a room that was just us. It was an awesome atmosphere, dinner, service and great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SolidFlaggDined on 9/12/2014Having had a lot of Stoney experiences over the years, I was very pleased. Not reinventing the wheel by any stretch, but solid execution all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnergood42Dined on 9/12/2014We have been going to Stoney River for 10 years. Always excellent!!!Special Features:
- A few challenges but Very GoodcmuleDined on 9/6/2014There was a bit of a timing challenge with when to bring out the meal but the took the salads off the bill and gave me a free dessert! Waitress was quite nice and did a good job.Special Features:
- 45 Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I enjoyed very much our quiet and relaxed, wonderful evening out to celebrate our 45 wedding anniversary following a busy day. It was very nice experience dining at the Stoney River Steak House for our very first time. It began with the nice jester of the valet to greet us at the car with an umbrella, as it had started to rain as we arrived. The evening just kept getting better. Wonderful time with my husband and we both enjoyed the delicious meal.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014From start to finish, Stoney River Steakhouse was an incredible dining experience. I'm a huge fan of blue cheese and can't eat it at home due to a finicky spouse. So, dining out on business trips means I can indulge. From the perfect vodka martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, the paper thin potato chips with blue cheese sauce and finally, my coffee rubbed filet with blue cheese crust.... I was in blue cheese heaven. Every dish was prepared with fresh and top notch ingredients. I like my steak medium rare and it was done perfectly. Sublime!!My server, Trey was wonderful, attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniverseryvolfanDined on 9/1/2014Great place to take your wife or partner out for a romantic dinner. The food and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated near kitchen...Missy1Dined on 9/1/2014My guy and I laughed on our way to our romantic dinner that we were 5 minutes late according to our reservations and that we would probably get a table near the kitchen or rest room. So guess where we were seated? As close to the kitchen as you could get. The dining room was almost empty at the time we got there and we were led all the way to the back to the table by the kitchen. So much for our romantic dinner. The noise coming from the kitchen was crazy. Waitress and waiters were constantly walking by us going into the kitchen. I should have asked to be moved but didn't. The waitress was great as well as the food, just didn't understand why we would be seated at the kitchen door instead of a more appropriate table. Just sayin....Special Features:
- Legendary...Not!thecowboyandthelady2Dined on 8/31/2014While the atmosphere and the service were both wonderful; the food was not! We had gone there for Sunday Brunch only to be greeted by a valet with a hangover who had us park our own car; OK, it wasn't busy yet and spaces were available, but still, not a great start. We were greeted by friendly hostesses but were seated in the bar, not a place I wanted to be on a Sunday morning when the place was virtually empty. The service was quick and friendly; however it went down hill from there. Our order was delivered quickly and was presented beautifully but the cherry sauce was cold on the waffles and while my steak was perfectly cooked; it was in no way 'legendary'! I have had better ribeye steaks in lesser steak houses! We won't be back...Special Features:
- If you have to eat.Powerbody07Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was recommended to me and I understand, to each his own, but this wasn't for me. I had the whiskey shrimp which was to greasy and the lobster fritters were also greasy. The steak was fine, not seasoned really and the sweet potato casserole was fine. I did enjoy the carmellized onion mashed potatoes. Also I've never had a lemon drop but for my first these were awesome. I just expected more of flavor from the food for how pricey it was.Special Features:
- Consistently Wonderful!StoneyRiverRocksDined on 8/29/2014The food is always impeccable! Cocktails are fun,wismical and delicious! Wine list boast a wonderful selection and the service is always 100%. Gill always comes by to greet us even when he is not our server which is very nice and thoughtful to remember us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service. Very Good food. Our waiter was execellent and assisted my date in ordering wine and helped her order exactly what she was looking for. Delicious appetizer. Overall very pleased.Special Features:
- Really GoodRexboDined on 8/29/2014Wasn't crowded for a Friday night, which was fine with us! Great waiter named Tray (sp) made it a great night!Special Features:
- Returning from a foreign countryLove2eatDined on 8/26/2014Coming home after being out of the US for two weeks, Storney River gives a man longing for a good steak the perfect dining experience. Flavorful with ample sides and the best steak in town, it was a dining delight! When my friends come to the city, Stoney River is may recommendation.aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualNateVIPDined on 8/24/2014Stoney River is consistently one of the best dining options available. Great food (huge portions), great service, good wine, and all around splendid dinner.Special Features:
- Good food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We came on a Saturday night. As steakhouses go, it's pretty casual. We waited a few minutes to be seated for our reservation but had a pretty good table. We had to ask for water (after our appetizer arrived), which was pretty surprising for this type of restaurant. We were served rolls (which were delicious) after our appetizer and we were not given bread plates. The food was overall very good, steaks were excellent. The mashed potatoes were surprisingly flavorless. The creamed spinach and macaroni and cheese were very good though, although they did not include a spoon with our shared creamed spinach side. Will probably return, as the prices are reasonable for overall very good food, but would hope for better service.
- Great RestaurantMNDinerDined on 8/21/2014A friend recommended Stoney River to us and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent and our waitress was very knowledgeable when it came to the menu and drink list. The food was absolutely out of this world. From the bread all the way down to the dessert my husband and I shared, we couldn't have asked for better food. We definitely plan on returning when we are back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.