Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End
3015 W End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6153409550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alaska Dzameshie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Come and enjoy our new Sunday brunch selections at Stoney River West End.
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (87)good for groups (56)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- WestenddinerwestenddinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Overall, the food, service and setting were great. The wait staff was attentive and nice. The only service complaint is that our steaks arrived shortly after we were served our starters, so they were placed on the side to get cold while we enjoyed appetizers. But the food was very good for everyone at the table.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodMVNashvilleVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our server was genuine, pleasant, and she gave our occasion-dinner a memorable experience. Try the coffee cured filet- so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I agree with other posts that meal was served WAY too fast. 3 courses in under 45 minutes. Talk about speed dining! I started to ask for it to be slowed down so we could enjoy conversation with family and friends (we were a party of 6), but figured the food would just be sitting in the kitchen getting cold or dried out under the heat lamps. There was no reason to clear us out so fast as it was a Sunday evening and the restaurant wasn't even half full. Everything was very salty, even the one person that asked for light salt said theirs was too salty. Restaurant was beautiful, ver we'll decorated with a nice enough staff, but we Will not return on any future trips to Nashville.
- Great steakhousejohnnydDined on 9/14/2014We went for a birthday celebration and everything was top notch. It's pricey as all steakhouses are but not as outrageous as Ruth's Chris or Morton's and the quality was as good if not better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanderbilt Parents WeekendVanderbiltParent2018Dined on 9/13/2014The service was inexcusably slow and the waiter was inattentive. We had to ask for drinks and bread, flagging down another waiter to get service. Very disappointing.
- They blew it.WayISeeitDined on 9/13/2014Went for a special dinner with my family. Always enjoy a great steakhouse and made my reservation weeks in advance. Was hounded with emails and called to make sure we were going to show up. Nice table, everyone friendly, knowing steakhouses make steak differently, I explained how I like my steak to the waiter. When it arrives, it looks great, not waiting for me to check it, the waiters dump and run. Mine is way too raw. Have to look for the waiter to send it back. Then the wait begins. Finally cancel my order because although it was nice that they offered to cook me a new one, my family were already near finishing their meals. They tried to do the right thing, but special moments/nights can't be duplicated. I left aggravated and hungry.
- BNAECPDined on 9/13/2014Unquestionably one of Nashville's best restaurants for steak and now seafood. Revitalized with perfect lighting and black and white photographic art of mountain streams in East Tennessee. Service was impeccable. Now under ownership of J. Alexander's, this restaurant is giving its sister concept a run for supreme quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SolidFlaggDined on 9/12/2014Having had a lot of Stoney experiences over the years, I was very pleased. Not reinventing the wheel by any stretch, but solid execution all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnergood42Dined on 9/12/2014We have been going to Stoney River for 10 years. Always excellent!!!Special Features:
- A few challenges but Very GoodcmuleDined on 9/6/2014There was a bit of a timing challenge with when to bring out the meal but the took the salads off the bill and gave me a free dessert! Waitress was quite nice and did a good job.Special Features:
- 45 Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I enjoyed very much our quiet and relaxed, wonderful evening out to celebrate our 45 wedding anniversary following a busy day. It was very nice experience dining at the Stoney River Steak House for our very first time. It began with the nice jester of the valet to greet us at the car with an umbrella, as it had started to rain as we arrived. The evening just kept getting better. Wonderful time with my husband and we both enjoyed the delicious meal.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014From start to finish, Stoney River Steakhouse was an incredible dining experience. I'm a huge fan of blue cheese and can't eat it at home due to a finicky spouse. So, dining out on business trips means I can indulge. From the perfect vodka martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, the paper thin potato chips with blue cheese sauce and finally, my coffee rubbed filet with blue cheese crust.... I was in blue cheese heaven. Every dish was prepared with fresh and top notch ingredients. I like my steak medium rare and it was done perfectly. Sublime!!My server, Trey was wonderful, attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniverseryvolfanDined on 9/1/2014Great place to take your wife or partner out for a romantic dinner. The food and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated near kitchen...Missy1Dined on 9/1/2014My guy and I laughed on our way to our romantic dinner that we were 5 minutes late according to our reservations and that we would probably get a table near the kitchen or rest room. So guess where we were seated? As close to the kitchen as you could get. The dining room was almost empty at the time we got there and we were led all the way to the back to the table by the kitchen. So much for our romantic dinner. The noise coming from the kitchen was crazy. Waitress and waiters were constantly walking by us going into the kitchen. I should have asked to be moved but didn't. The waitress was great as well as the food, just didn't understand why we would be seated at the kitchen door instead of a more appropriate table. Just sayin....Special Features:
- Legendary...Not!thecowboyandthelady2Dined on 8/31/2014While the atmosphere and the service were both wonderful; the food was not! We had gone there for Sunday Brunch only to be greeted by a valet with a hangover who had us park our own car; OK, it wasn't busy yet and spaces were available, but still, not a great start. We were greeted by friendly hostesses but were seated in the bar, not a place I wanted to be on a Sunday morning when the place was virtually empty. The service was quick and friendly; however it went down hill from there. Our order was delivered quickly and was presented beautifully but the cherry sauce was cold on the waffles and while my steak was perfectly cooked; it was in no way 'legendary'! I have had better ribeye steaks in lesser steak houses! We won't be back...Special Features:
- If you have to eat.Powerbody07Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was recommended to me and I understand, to each his own, but this wasn't for me. I had the whiskey shrimp which was to greasy and the lobster fritters were also greasy. The steak was fine, not seasoned really and the sweet potato casserole was fine. I did enjoy the carmellized onion mashed potatoes. Also I've never had a lemon drop but for my first these were awesome. I just expected more of flavor from the food for how pricey it was.Special Features:
- Consistently Wonderful!StoneyRiverRocksDined on 8/29/2014The food is always impeccable! Cocktails are fun,wismical and delicious! Wine list boast a wonderful selection and the service is always 100%. Gill always comes by to greet us even when he is not our server which is very nice and thoughtful to remember us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service. Very Good food. Our waiter was execellent and assisted my date in ordering wine and helped her order exactly what she was looking for. Delicious appetizer. Overall very pleased.Special Features:
- Really GoodRexboDined on 8/29/2014Wasn't crowded for a Friday night, which was fine with us! Great waiter named Tray (sp) made it a great night!Special Features:
- Returning from a foreign countryLove2eatDined on 8/26/2014Coming home after being out of the US for two weeks, Storney River gives a man longing for a good steak the perfect dining experience. Flavorful with ample sides and the best steak in town, it was a dining delight! When my friends come to the city, Stoney River is may recommendation.aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualNateVIPDined on 8/24/2014Stoney River is consistently one of the best dining options available. Great food (huge portions), great service, good wine, and all around splendid dinner.Special Features:
- Good food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We came on a Saturday night. As steakhouses go, it's pretty casual. We waited a few minutes to be seated for our reservation but had a pretty good table. We had to ask for water (after our appetizer arrived), which was pretty surprising for this type of restaurant. We were served rolls (which were delicious) after our appetizer and we were not given bread plates. The food was overall very good, steaks were excellent. The mashed potatoes were surprisingly flavorless. The creamed spinach and macaroni and cheese were very good though, although they did not include a spoon with our shared creamed spinach side. Will probably return, as the prices are reasonable for overall very good food, but would hope for better service.
- Great RestaurantMNDinerDined on 8/21/2014A friend recommended Stoney River to us and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent and our waitress was very knowledgeable when it came to the menu and drink list. The food was absolutely out of this world. From the bread all the way down to the dessert my husband and I shared, we couldn't have asked for better food. We definitely plan on returning when we are back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and SeafoodDCS531Dined on 8/19/2014Everything about Stoney River is generally outstanding. My only criticism is that sometimes it gets very loud. Everything else is great...making for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but been betterjohnt3765Dined on 8/18/2014Our server could have been more attentive, there were times where I had to wait for a refill on my drink, especially on a Monday night after 9 PM. There was our party of three and one other couple in the restaurant after 10 PM. Service is usually impeccable when Anthony is working, but he was not there so we went with Logan for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in NashvilleNashvillenomnomDined on 8/16/2014Other than the waitress being very soft spoken and not understanding anything she said, the service was great, the food was fantastic and a great atmosphere for my wife and I's anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightBAP56Dined on 8/16/2014Our food was great with the filet mignon cooked to order, which was a surprise with most restaurants overcooking filets. The mashed sweet potatoes and cream spinach were excellent. I would recommend rather that setting the water bottle on the table and patrons filling their own glasses, that the waiter/waitress should stop fill the drinks. Overall my wife and I had a great meal.Special Features:
- Formal Dining for Casual DinersMB42Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and attentive staff. The lighting and layout made us feel like we were the only diners present. The meal was fantastic. From the salad to the Filet Mignon and the dessert, everything was well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TbearDined on 8/9/2014The food and service was outstanding. It was our first visit and was celebrating my wife's 65th birthday. She was elated with everything. Tray was our server and we could not have ask for anything better,he was there before we had to ask with refills and suggestions. Thanks for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FiletDixiejDined on 8/8/2014Try the filet marinated in coffee. Cooked perfect and the best I've ever had! Excellent side dishes and the service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 8/8/2014Waiter was so attentive and informative. You could tell he enjoyed working there.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014We let the restaurant know when making our reservation that it was our wedding anniversary and we were trying to make a concert after dinner. They did everything to accommodate us! The complimentary valet was quick and courteous on the way in and the way out. We were seated promptly upon arrival and service was fast without making us feel rushed. We're still talking about the coffee-cured filet mignon and the potatoes au gratin - highly recommend this as a meal! We even had time for dessert, which they gave us on the house for our anniversary! Overall a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madeaDined on 8/3/2014My Son and I had brunch on Sunsay. He really enjoyed himself. Our service was excellent and Tre was outstanding. We talked for hours and had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great steaks and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Found this great steakhouse on TripAdvisor when looking for a restaurant for a birthday dinner. Our steaks were great and the prices weren't outrageous. I would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little rough around the edgestankdaddyDined on 8/2/2014We've been to Stoney River about three times in the last nine months. It is a very good place for a nice dinner, but the service has been lacking the last two times we've been there. It feels like each server has too many tables to take care of, so each one suffers. We were seated for about 7-10 minutes before our server came over (although an assistant took our drink order promptly). Also, I gave him my credit card during dinner to avoid any dispute about who was going to pay, but in the end he gave me the check, then waited several minutes to pick it up because he'd forgotten he had my card. Lastly, the soup and crouton/bread inside the french onion soup tasted like something out of a can. On the plus side, I think the prices are fair.Special Features:
- Outstanding SteaksOpenTableUserVIPDined on 8/1/2014Stoney River is still the best steak for the money in Nashville. There are more expensive steakhouses and less expensive steakhouses, but Stoney River is the best! The coffee cured filet is fantastic! The mountain of bleu cheese chips as an appetizer is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicefoodisgoodDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I went to Nashville for our anniversary. We decided to use a gift card we had received. The food and service were excellent! Our waitress was so personable. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nashville steakeddanDined on 7/26/2014Visiting Nashville on vacation and looking for a steakhouse. I live outside NY and pretty much consider the Palm the standard for steaks. Have not had great experience with their other locations, however, esp. Boston. Local Yelp reviews for Stoney River were good and we thought we would give it a try and are glad we did. The lobster bisque was almost as good as the Bernards Inn and the steak was darn close to the Palm NY. Salads were terrific as well, which leads to my only negative. Not only were the salads good, but also large, but no sooner had we (almost) finished the salads than the entrees arrived. There should have been a 10-15 minute pause between the two; who knows, they might have sold another round of drinks. Recommended.Special Features:
- Great place. Great StakesGusCanEatDined on 7/25/2014Meat literally melts in your mouth. Wonderful people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itBrightonesDined on 7/25/2014Classy, great service, delicious food. Now been there 3 times and haven't changed my mind yet... best dining experience in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.