Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson
825 Dulaney Valley Road, Ste 1157
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 4105835250x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abraham Baida
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (36)good for groups (32)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good Food-Good Service-Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Luckily I called the next day to confirm the reservation. They could not find the one I placed via OpenTable but they had no problem making one. The food was very good and in some cases unique and excellent (Coffee-Cured Filet Mignon - Wow!). The service was also excellent. It was busy for a rainy Wednesday night (a good sign) but unfortunately that made it difficult to hear the music (it sounded like it was nice music for the atmosphere - the string bass was all I could hear though). I definitely recommend this place. You can even get a seat by the fire place. We had a wonderful time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a very popular place!AmerzDined on 10/18/2014I can't believe how busy the restaurant was. The service was super, the food was very good. But it was expensive. I don't think that the experience was worth Ruth Chris prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!UdeljaxDined on 10/18/2014I had the coffee-cured filet and it was outstanding! They provided a steak knife, but I probably would have only needed a butter knife. My husband had the prime rib and it was also very good! We were approached as soon as we were seating and the food came out at a very reasonable pace. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietStormDined on 10/18/2014From arrival to seating service was spot on. I usually don't say this about steak houses however this was of the 1st steakhouses I've eaten in over the years that I did not hae to add anything to i.e. the steak sauces mushroom / onions to help bring out the flavor. keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worked for usdebBVIPDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is in Towson Mall and there is free valet parking. The restaurant is roomy and comfortable. Both factors were very important to us since we had a grandma in a wheelchair with us. The appetizers were good, but caloric. The lobster bisque was OK. Knowing that we were going to be eating heavily for dinner, we ordered entree salads. Mine was very garlicy and not the most exciting salad. The other salads were ordinary and the chicken very caloric. Grandma had a prime rib sandwich and seemed much happier than those of us eating rabbit food. Lesson learned--when in Rome, do as the Romans do. We will be back, and we'll get the steak!Special Features:
- Birthday BashFoodFanatic48Dined on 10/14/2014I went to Stoney River, once with my boyfriend and once for my 21st birthday. Both times, the setting was relaxed but also upbeat, which sounds odd but it was a wonderful combination. The food is always so delicious, and it is a perfect place for a group night out, or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceJohariDined on 10/11/2014Whether a planned outting or just in the neighborhood, Stoney River is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the spot for carnivoresHightechDined on 10/11/2014This is the perfect spot to a satisfy craving for steak. Four of us ordered various cuts of steak, all cooked to various degrees of "doneness" & everyone was pleased with their meals. Service was very attentive-water glasses were kept full & questions regarding ingredients were answered quickly after our waiter consulted with the kitchen. We would definitely return to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatPaulDined on 10/10/2014The food is consistently terrific. If you enjoy steak, this is a place to regularly patronize. We've never had a issue and the wait staff are knowledgeable, quietly attentive and always work hard to make the experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for dinnerLoveToEatOutDined on 10/10/2014We chose stoney river for our anniversary. Neither of us had ever been, AND It Was great. The server was very attentive, management checked on us, and the food was quite tasty. The atmosphere was very calming and inviting. Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for mediocre foodGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food was ok, unfortunately flavorless, but the service was not the best (lemonade took longer than a Manhattan to come out) and the price was VERY expensive for a steakhouse in a mall. Here's a tip - the au gratin potatoes are VERY dry, not creamy at all, so get the mac and cheese instead.
- Perfect Date NightBaltimoreDinersDined on 10/3/2014Stoney River was a perfect date night for us. We had three requirements for a enjoyable evening out: great good, great atmosphere, and great service. And, Stoney River delivered on all three. We are definitely Stoney River fans. It's our "go to place" when we want to have a great experience as a couple, as a family, or with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!mjp1Dined on 9/29/2014Delicious - great starter rolls, mashed potatoes and steak! Always consistent and always good.Special Features:
- Anniversary TreatAll4loveDined on 9/26/2014We took a chance and tried Stoney River. Made online reservation, shared it was our anniversary. Prompt seating, excellent booth at the fireplace, server was friendly and knowledgable. The food was great. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLive2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love Stoney River though have to say we have only eaten in the bar area. I am a self proclaimed onion soup afficianado and I have to say theirs is the best I have ever had hands down! If you like onion soup you have to do yourself a favor and try theirs. I guarantee you will not be disappointed! Another great choice are their baby back ribs. Not only are they fall off the bone delicious but they have this wonderful grill barbecue flavor that is fantastic! One thing I do not like is their little fried onion balls of dough. That is what you will get when you ask for bread. They could definately improve on that. Look forward to visiting again soon!Special Features:
- OVERRATEDKrisDined on 9/20/2014I've been here before and the food was ok. This time the waiter was nice but had on way to much cologne. I left with a headach from his strong smell. The bread that he brought to the table was cold and my food was lukewarm. The bill was 100.00 for 2 ppl and it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent Atmosphere, Great ServiceCOBaltimoreVIPDined on 9/19/2014This hidden gem was a huge surprise. The atmosphere was excellent, particularlly when you lunch early. The food was very good except for salty fries a perfect meal. The service was great as well. A definite recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, good servicealwaysnycDined on 9/13/2014Great steak and the desserts are made in-house. Our server, Nick, was attentive and quite happily gave us his thoughts and recommendations when asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencerisingdown360Dined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I had a spacious booth with great recommendations from our knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedSnoopyDined on 9/5/2014The service at Stoney River is definitely hands down the reason we continue to visit this restaurant. Although its on a larger scale the dining experience is cozy and quaint. Our waiter last Friday evening was amazing...very attentative...did not waiver on concessions with regard to small changes to the menu (side items that come pre-selected)....very in tune to our dining needs. The manager on staff was also very kind and attentive which is rare....because they are usually out of site, he was very hands on and made his presence known....but not in an overnbearing way....you could tell he cared about everyones dining experience. As always the food was impeccable! Thank you again for such a lovely establishment and wonderful employees!Special Features:
- Yummy!Mels421VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always consistent at this restaurant! We never leave hungry. The serving size is quite large so my husband and I always share an appetizer. That way we can try and finish our main course.Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent Service!CarlyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was in Towson, MD for a wedding and one of the highlights of my trip was dining at Stoney River Legendary Steakhouse, we ordered the Whiskey Shrimp, Steak Burgers, Border Pasta and the Shrimp Platter all dishes were cooked to perfection and from the bar we ordered the Grayson Chardonnay, Rockefeller Vodka, Lemon Mojito and the Angels Revenge my guests thoroughly enjoyed their drinks. I wanted to thank our server Joshua for the excellent dining experience and for recommending the entrées and drinks. We look forward to visiting Stoney River on our next visit to the East Coast.Special Features:
- 5 StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were somewhat skeptical because of the reviews we saw online; however, we're glad that we did not allow those reviews to keep us from visiting Stoney River of Towson. We were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary and had received a gift card to Stoney River. We were very pleased from the moment we walked through the door. We were made to feel very special from the seating in front of the fireplace to the cake and candles with our after dinner coffee. Our server was excellent and really knew his business from the appetizers to the winelist. The food was very delicious and cooked to order (fresh, fresh, fresh!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the prime rib was impeccable. The chef made alfredo (an off the menu dish) for my wife, and my daughter loved her shrimp. Thank you again. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- service was terriblefoodieDined on 8/23/2014Terrible experience. It took almost 1 hour just to get complementary bread and drinks.Special Features:
- Great MealJoeSDined on 8/23/2014Happened to be in town moving my daughter into college and found this next to the hotel. Frequent high end steak house for work and this was definately a pleasurable experience. The food was excellent, great appetizers and steak cooked to perfection. Decent wine list not overpriced and service was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience! Highly recommend!AllergyAwareAmyDined on 8/22/2014We visited Baltimore this past weekend and had such a wonderful experience at this restaurant that we had to write about it here to let people know and to publicly thank the restaurant! It's very difficult (in fact, almost impossible) to find a place that our middle daughter can eat because she has severe life-threatening food allergies, but we called ahead and were told that Stoney River has a scratch kitchen and could accommodate her/us. Well, the manager (Mehrez Ayari) could not have been more attentive or helpful. He supervised the preparation of her meal and when she tasted it, she thought she was in heaven. All of our meals were delicious and perfectly prepared. Thank you Mr. Ayari... you're a class act and you made us all very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly niceC1965Dined on 8/20/2014For a restaurant located in a mall. We were expecting a chain dining experience. The wait staff was new but knowledgeable. The hostesses needed some help. They tried, but we're as pproachable as a clique of high school girls. The steak frites were well prepared and cooked to order. The cowboy steak wads the clear winner! Do try the steak ala Oscar, it is worth the extra cost. They do have a speciality drink menu that far surpasses a typical chain restaurant's offeringsI would recommend this to a friend.
- One year anniversary!RudsterDined on 8/18/2014I've been to this restaurant once before were my significant other and I really enjoyed the selections of steaks they provided. Really amazing steaks, let me say the coffee-cure filet mignon really hit home, delicious and the service was wonderful! Noise level was adaquate and the lemon drop mojitos are nothing to shy away from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not DisappointedCATLADYDined on 8/10/2014Party of 4/2 of us had prime rib, one had the Legendary Filet & one had the Coffee-Rubbed Filet. All had appetizers including a Caesar salad, Spinach Dip, Shrimp Cocktail & Crab Cake. They must have been good, because all conversation stopped until appetizers were finished. I had the prime rib, which I get 95% of the time. I also asked for fresh grated horseradish on the side. While I am not a big beef eater, Stoney Creek's Prime Rib wins me over every time. My husband is hooked on the coffee-rubbed filet. Service was pleasant & attentive without being over-bearing. Manager visited our table to greet us & check on food and service. free valet parking is also a plus.Special Features:
- Good mealluvwineVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 7, everyone had some form of steak (obviously!!!). I think their coffee-cured filet mignon is the best they have to offer. The prime rib was also good. They also have a decent wine list.Special Features:
- Quiet LunchColeDined on 8/1/2014Perfect location if you are looking to enjoy a quiet lunch away from the mall crowds. My husband and I both had the steak burger. It was extremely flavorful and cooked to our liking. The French fries were hot, crisp and salty...delicious. Our server was a bit too serious, almost expressionless. If you provide bread, don't ask if I want it, just deliver it and if me glass if my soda empty and I am half way through my meal, don't ask if I want a refill, just deliver that as well. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney RiverMsGeeDined on 7/28/2014Wow is all I can say. I had a lovely time me and my date. Well definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding celebration5waloweryVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great service. Food was good. I was my niece wedding celebration and the server made it amazing!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great apps but not-so-great steakRare2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the blue cheese chips and tomato mozzarella salad were awesome! The steaks, however, were a little disappointing. My husband got the rib-eye and found it a little too salty for his taste. I got the 7 oz petit filet and, even though the center was pink, had trouble cutting through the crunchy outside. It tasted good but not sure it was worth the $32 I spent on it. I think, if we went back, next time I might try a different steak and see if it is any better. I have heard other people rave about this restaurant's food so maybe we just chose the wrong thing. Good service although our particular server was a quiet talker and it was hard to hear him over the music. But he was prompt with our orders.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Hunter was amazing! And we LOVED the seating right next to the fire place; very comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!!BestBirthdayDinnerEverDined on 7/14/2014A friend recommended Stoney River and I'm glad I took her advice. The food was truly amazing!!!! I was concerned about filling up on the bread but it was too irresistible. And their cinnamon butter is to die for!!!! The prime rib was melt in your mouth delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the double baked potatoes and I've never had some yummy potatoes in my life. Nice and creamy and seasoned to perfection. A bit pricey but DEFINITELY worth the money!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not cookednotcookedfoodDined on 7/12/2014i ordered a steak dinner well done. my husband dinner was fine. my dinner was cooked as i asked. well done. my dinner was sent back. i sat back and watch my husband it his dinner for about 15- 20 min. with nothing to eat. my steak came back out and was still rare inside. it was sent back. at this point its not fun to watch someone else eat. i was mad and upset. this was a special evening for us. our anniversay dinner. at first they said they would give me a desert. why would i eat that when i hadn't eat dinner yet. so we left and i hadn't eaten anything for dinner. don' t think i will be going back to there. didn't like how we were treated there. at the end the manager comes over and said he was taking my dinner off the check.Special Features:
- food was outstandingjeffDined on 7/4/2014Service amazing the only problem I had was some couple brought in a kid who would not shut up and wish they would of Sat them somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive StaffRjddDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service even during an extremely busy night. Food ( Coffee Cured Filet) was unreal,it's a must if your a steak lover. *Never experienced this before : While sipping my specialty Martini the waiter came over to exchange the martini glass for another ice cold one. WOW ! Nice Move..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 145 reviews are from the Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Towson reviews archive.