Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson
825 Dulaney Valley Road, Ste 1157
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 4105835250x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abraham Baida
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (32)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Lovely meal, good servicealwaysnycDined on 9/13/2014Great steak and the desserts are made in-house. Our server, Nick, was attentive and quite happily gave us his thoughts and recommendations when asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencerisingdown360Dined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I had a spacious booth with great recommendations from our knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedSnoopyDined on 9/5/2014The service at Stoney River is definitely hands down the reason we continue to visit this restaurant. Although its on a larger scale the dining experience is cozy and quaint. Our waiter last Friday evening was amazing...very attentative...did not waiver on concessions with regard to small changes to the menu (side items that come pre-selected)....very in tune to our dining needs. The manager on staff was also very kind and attentive which is rare....because they are usually out of site, he was very hands on and made his presence known....but not in an overnbearing way....you could tell he cared about everyones dining experience. As always the food was impeccable! Thank you again for such a lovely establishment and wonderful employees!Special Features:
- Yummy!Mels421VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always consistent at this restaurant! We never leave hungry. The serving size is quite large so my husband and I always share an appetizer. That way we can try and finish our main course.Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent Service!CarlyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was in Towson, MD for a wedding and one of the highlights of my trip was dining at Stoney River Legendary Steakhouse, we ordered the Whiskey Shrimp, Steak Burgers, Border Pasta and the Shrimp Platter all dishes were cooked to perfection and from the bar we ordered the Grayson Chardonnay, Rockefeller Vodka, Lemon Mojito and the Angels Revenge my guests thoroughly enjoyed their drinks. I wanted to thank our server Joshua for the excellent dining experience and for recommending the entrées and drinks. We look forward to visiting Stoney River on our next visit to the East Coast.Special Features:
- 5 StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were somewhat skeptical because of the reviews we saw online; however, we're glad that we did not allow those reviews to keep us from visiting Stoney River of Towson. We were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary and had received a gift card to Stoney River. We were very pleased from the moment we walked through the door. We were made to feel very special from the seating in front of the fireplace to the cake and candles with our after dinner coffee. Our server was excellent and really knew his business from the appetizers to the winelist. The food was very delicious and cooked to order (fresh, fresh, fresh!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the prime rib was impeccable. The chef made alfredo (an off the menu dish) for my wife, and my daughter loved her shrimp. Thank you again. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- service was terriblefoodieDined on 8/23/2014Terrible experience. It took almost 1 hour just to get complementary bread and drinks.Special Features:
- Great MealJoeSDined on 8/23/2014Happened to be in town moving my daughter into college and found this next to the hotel. Frequent high end steak house for work and this was definately a pleasurable experience. The food was excellent, great appetizers and steak cooked to perfection. Decent wine list not overpriced and service was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience! Highly recommend!AllergyAwareAmyDined on 8/22/2014We visited Baltimore this past weekend and had such a wonderful experience at this restaurant that we had to write about it here to let people know and to publicly thank the restaurant! It's very difficult (in fact, almost impossible) to find a place that our middle daughter can eat because she has severe life-threatening food allergies, but we called ahead and were told that Stoney River has a scratch kitchen and could accommodate her/us. Well, the manager (Mehrez Ayari) could not have been more attentive or helpful. He supervised the preparation of her meal and when she tasted it, she thought she was in heaven. All of our meals were delicious and perfectly prepared. Thank you Mr. Ayari... you're a class act and you made us all very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly niceC1965Dined on 8/20/2014For a restaurant located in a mall. We were expecting a chain dining experience. The wait staff was new but knowledgeable. The hostesses needed some help. They tried, but we're as pproachable as a clique of high school girls. The steak frites were well prepared and cooked to order. The cowboy steak wads the clear winner! Do try the steak ala Oscar, it is worth the extra cost. They do have a speciality drink menu that far surpasses a typical chain restaurant's offeringsI would recommend this to a friend.
- One year anniversary!RudsterDined on 8/18/2014I've been to this restaurant once before were my significant other and I really enjoyed the selections of steaks they provided. Really amazing steaks, let me say the coffee-cure filet mignon really hit home, delicious and the service was wonderful! Noise level was adaquate and the lemon drop mojitos are nothing to shy away from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not DisappointedCATLADYDined on 8/10/2014Party of 4/2 of us had prime rib, one had the Legendary Filet & one had the Coffee-Rubbed Filet. All had appetizers including a Caesar salad, Spinach Dip, Shrimp Cocktail & Crab Cake. They must have been good, because all conversation stopped until appetizers were finished. I had the prime rib, which I get 95% of the time. I also asked for fresh grated horseradish on the side. While I am not a big beef eater, Stoney Creek's Prime Rib wins me over every time. My husband is hooked on the coffee-rubbed filet. Service was pleasant & attentive without being over-bearing. Manager visited our table to greet us & check on food and service. free valet parking is also a plus.Special Features:
- Good mealluvwineVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 7, everyone had some form of steak (obviously!!!). I think their coffee-cured filet mignon is the best they have to offer. The prime rib was also good. They also have a decent wine list.Special Features:
- Quiet LunchColeDined on 8/1/2014Perfect location if you are looking to enjoy a quiet lunch away from the mall crowds. My husband and I both had the steak burger. It was extremely flavorful and cooked to our liking. The French fries were hot, crisp and salty...delicious. Our server was a bit too serious, almost expressionless. If you provide bread, don't ask if I want it, just deliver it and if me glass if my soda empty and I am half way through my meal, don't ask if I want a refill, just deliver that as well. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney RiverMsGeeDined on 7/28/2014Wow is all I can say. I had a lovely time me and my date. Well definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding celebration5waloweryDined on 7/26/2014Great service. Food was good. I was my niece wedding celebration and the server made it amazing!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great apps but not-so-great steakRare2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the blue cheese chips and tomato mozzarella salad were awesome! The steaks, however, were a little disappointing. My husband got the rib-eye and found it a little too salty for his taste. I got the 7 oz petit filet and, even though the center was pink, had trouble cutting through the crunchy outside. It tasted good but not sure it was worth the $32 I spent on it. I think, if we went back, next time I might try a different steak and see if it is any better. I have heard other people rave about this restaurant's food so maybe we just chose the wrong thing. Good service although our particular server was a quiet talker and it was hard to hear him over the music. But he was prompt with our orders.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Hunter was amazing! And we LOVED the seating right next to the fire place; very comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!!BestBirthdayDinnerEverDined on 7/14/2014A friend recommended Stoney River and I'm glad I took her advice. The food was truly amazing!!!! I was concerned about filling up on the bread but it was too irresistible. And their cinnamon butter is to die for!!!! The prime rib was melt in your mouth delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the double baked potatoes and I've never had some yummy potatoes in my life. Nice and creamy and seasoned to perfection. A bit pricey but DEFINITELY worth the money!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not cookednotcookedfoodDined on 7/12/2014i ordered a steak dinner well done. my husband dinner was fine. my dinner was cooked as i asked. well done. my dinner was sent back. i sat back and watch my husband it his dinner for about 15- 20 min. with nothing to eat. my steak came back out and was still rare inside. it was sent back. at this point its not fun to watch someone else eat. i was mad and upset. this was a special evening for us. our anniversay dinner. at first they said they would give me a desert. why would i eat that when i hadn't eat dinner yet. so we left and i hadn't eaten anything for dinner. don' t think i will be going back to there. didn't like how we were treated there. at the end the manager comes over and said he was taking my dinner off the check.Special Features:
- food was outstandingjeffDined on 7/4/2014Service amazing the only problem I had was some couple brought in a kid who would not shut up and wish they would of Sat them somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive StaffRjddDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service even during an extremely busy night. Food ( Coffee Cured Filet) was unreal,it's a must if your a steak lover. *Never experienced this before : While sipping my specialty Martini the waiter came over to exchange the martini glass for another ice cold one. WOW ! Nice Move..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodJasonMShapiroDined on 6/27/2014The service and food were below average and it took so long to get that when they served my steak barely seared I didn't even send it back since I had no confidence that it would come back quickly. The manger quickly took it off the bill but the damage was done.
- fantasticbuffetbandit11Dined on 6/25/2014Best option in the Towson mall by for. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crying kids can ruin an eveningJoycelaDined on 6/23/2014This was an anniversary dinner. We had the table by the fireplace. It was 7 p.m. on a Monday evening so the restaurant was not crowded at all. We were warmly welcomed. And then...they seated a very large group with three small tots (one in an infant seat) right beside us. The infant cried and fussed the entire time we were there (well over an hour). The baby was belting it out. We love babies. But it really negatively impacted our evening. And this was not a cheap meal. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!GreatChoiceDined on 6/15/2014I was able to get the reservation I wanted for my dad and i on Father's Day. The only issue was when we arrived, we waited about 5 or so minutes but no one ever came to greet/seat us. I felt like the servers, bartender, runners and bus crew saw us standing there but no came over. I had to walk around the restaurant to find someone to seat us. After we sat down our waitress came right up to us. She was great, ver personable and quick. Since it was 9pm or so, changed the channel on the tv so my dad could watch Game 5 of the finals (that was a HUGE deal) so I definitely appreciated that. The steak was huge and delicious! The crab cake and salad were great as well. The portions were sized very nicely and the pricing was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMrsBtobeDined on 6/15/2014We ate here for Father's Day and the food was amazing! My husband actually said the steak here was MORE flavorful than Ruth Chris! It was tender, succulent, and juicy. The Pecan trout had a little too many nuts, but was also a good dish. The mac n cheese was tasty too! Great evening!
- Great foodKrisDined on 6/15/2014The food was great! I took my dad here for Father's Day. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOliviaDined on 6/15/2014The food was great, and the service was up to par with the food. It was a great spot for a Father's Day dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014While the dinner menu had something to offer a wide of palates, we found the appetizer offerings somewhat lacking. We were at Stoney River for a special occasion and our dining experience was wonderful. The staff was very attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:
- Quiet DiningjimboDined on 6/15/2014Pleasantly surprised...good food good service and the valet parking was a plus since we are seniors and avoided walking any distance to get there. A bit pricey in my opinion...the small lobster tail at $19 was overpriced...should have been offered at a lower price when adding to the filet. Overall we were pleased with everything. The background music was ok...not overbearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tanagirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014got there at 6:15 on a Saturday night for a 6:30 reservation, seated right away but very slow and inefficient serviceSpecial Features:
- Good experienceBackache46Dined on 6/12/2014Took family for Father-n-laws Birthday. Food was great, service was good, and everyone had a great time. Everyone commented that they liked the décor as well. Brought my 4 year old son and staff was very accommodating. Price was what we expected for a nice steakhouse (and not as pricey as some of the other two high-end places in the area). They also serve other traditional American favorites, if you don't like steak.Special Features:
- Fair at bestMSFAVIPDined on 6/7/2014Service was very good and the glass of wine was a good serving. My NY Strip however was not worth the price. Very unlikely that I will return. The steak is not "legendary".
- I was very disappointed.ColumbiaDined on 5/30/2014I have eaten at Stoney River a number of times before, but not recently. I was very disappointed. The quality of the food was very different. I must say that the steak was very good, but the potatoes were dry and the preparation of the potatoes with caramelized onions was very different. Before it was smooth and something like potatoes and gravy. They were savory and wonderful. This time the potatoes were dry rather than creamy and had a clump of cooked onions perched on top. The drinks, which were a little pricey at $9.50 for a plain cocktail and $12.00 for specialty drinks, were very mediocre. Also, what was probably the most popular of their desserts, the chocolate ganache cake had been taken off the menu. I was totally disappointed.
- The following 132 reviews are from the Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson reviews archive.
- Great Graduation DinnerproudmamaDined on 5/23/2014We were at the restaurant celebrating our son's graduation from college. There was 7 of us and none of us had been to the restaurant before. Our food was great and our waiter was top-notch. I was very pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- Hats off to customer serviceeatmoreatBmoreDined on 5/21/2014First, let me start off by saying the food and cocktails were great, 4 out of 5 easy! Table for 5 and only 1 had a questionable meal; the shrimp were a bit on the small side. But it was all good. I had a the small portion prime rib...excellent! My kudos goes to the reservation desk. We were driving in from out of state, had to pick our daughter up from the airport and be in Towson for dinner with 5:30 reservations. Our son was also meeting us there. Needless to say, with a slight flight delay and traffic we arrived an hour late. I had called to say we would be a bit late, and the staff were so accommodating. Our son arrived on-time. The seated him at our table and allowed him to wait for us to show. Many thanks Stoney River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemimpressedDined on 5/18/2014First time visiting stoney river and was pleasantly surprised !! Service and meal was top shelf. Our servers was well adapt with the menu and wine list. Would Definitely Revisit And Recommend Family & friends to do the same. ...Keep up the good work !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSteakloverDined on 5/17/2014My experience at Stoney River was awesome! The food was excellent! Everyone in my group loved their choice. My 4 year old came with us and he even found food he loved! Also, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.