Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Roswell
10524 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Roswell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6784617900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Roswell
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Roswell - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill - Roswell reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (49)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Love the new decor!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2014Our server went above and beyond to make our evening perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The service was outstanding and the food out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steakhouse with good serviceenjoyfoodDined on 10/23/2014Had a great meal the other night -- great NY strip steak, soft and flavorfull, with a one pound, fully loaded baked potato, big yum! Onion soup was good, but way too salty and too much worcestershire sauce. Creamed spinach was ordinary, needed more flavor. Fudge cake with ice cream did not hold up very well to the hot fudge, it became mushy. When I don't want to scoop up the last bite, this is a problem. A better choice would be a hot fudge brownie with ice cream. Great service from Mike and Jason.Special Features:
- noisyloudDined on 10/21/2014one of the noisiest restaurants I have ever been inSpecial Features:
- Awesome Anniversary DinnerfiletloverDined on 10/21/2014This was our 2nd time at this particular Stoney River and it did not disappoint. Their coffee cured steaks are the best! I scheduled our reservation for our anniversary dinner and requested a cozy and quiet location. Sure enough they put us in the perfect spot in front of the fireplace.Special Features:
- SHRSRSHRSRDined on 10/19/2014This is not our first visit to this fine restaurant and won't be our last. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieGADined on 10/18/2014We had a group of 8 and truly did not enjoy anything about the evening. The noise level was crazy loud and we asked the server to turn down the music. The food was mediocre at best and the wait staff was not what you would expect from a high end restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service was excellent! The ambiance was romantic. Our food came out fast. Our server Heather checked on us frequently and was truly interested in us having a great experience. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLuvfoodDined on 10/17/2014The food is excellent. And the house wine is wonderful. Service is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencebeebeeDined on 10/16/2014Stoney River is one of our very favorite restaurants for "special occasions". The service is always exceptional, the food is perfectly prepared, and the ambiance is to our liking. We know that when we leave, we are going to be totally satisfied with everything about our dining experience and that is what we want when we go out for a nice evening.Special Features:
- Very disappointed yet againmashaDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I go to the Stony River in Roswell to celebrate special occasions like our birthdays and holidays. We were celebrating my birthday the last time we ate there. I'm pregnant and cannot drink alcohol and there are certain things on the menu that are probably best for me to avoid, so my options are a little limited. The first server who greeted us was apparently disappointed in what she saw and must have given our table to another server. The service was slow and we felt very neglected. The bread and butter was slow to come to our table as were our entrees, and we had to remind the server that is was my birthday even though we said so in our reservation notes. They also forgot on my husband's birthday last time we ate there.
- DisappointedRoswellDinerDined on 10/14/2014This was two years in a row of celebrating two family birthdays (wife and daughter). We used to love this place, but two years in a row the food was just ok at best. We had to send two filets back for more cooking as we ordered medium and these came out seared but still raw inside. Our 12 oz filet had about 4 oz. that was pretty fatty and not quality meat. In fairness, my sons steak was very good. They did bring extra veggies out when they returned with the steaks. I hate it because we have always loved this restaurant but will get the crab cakes next time if we return.
- Good but still trying to find stridATLLocalVIPDined on 10/12/2014Decent steakhouse, smack dab between a high end steak house like Chops and a chain like Longhorn. Pre-recession, they were closer to the high end but the economy pressured them to move somewhat downstream. This still seem to be trying to find the right mix. Recently redone interior but a bit cold. Heavy pitch this time on sides, add-ons, toppings, desserts, etc. Maybe just a new, ambitious server but hope this heavy sales approach was a one time occurrence. On the food front, Salad was decent as was the NY strip. Guest tried a new kabob dish that was a little over the top with onion straws, sauce, etc... not great and reminded me a bit of something more like a Cheesecake Factory" preparation. Hope this is not the direction of this chain.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerTomPDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a very nice birthday dinner. The service and dinner were excellent We would gladly visit Stoney River againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th Anniversary DinnerBigHarryDogDined on 10/10/2014It was our 10th anniversary (Thursday but we waited till Friday night to celebrate) and we discussed going into Buckhead for a nice gourmet dinner. As the day went on, we decided that, for this evening, it would be more relaxing to just hit a neighborhood restaurant and bypass all the traffic and crowds. Stoney River was close and perfect for a quiet dinner. The ambiance was quiet and we were able to reminisce about the various highlights over the last 10 years while being taken care of by the wait staff. Thanks for a great experience. The wife loved the coffee encrusted filet, btw.Special Features:
- A Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014My filet was done to perfection! We had a nice evening.Special Features:
- ClanceyDined on 10/1/2014Super Food, Excellent service. Somewhat expensive but worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We tried to go for a nice dinner. The appetizer was very overpriced. Do not get the seafood platter . And then two of three steaks were not as ordered. One was very over cooked. The other was just the wrong steak. Nothing like eating at separate times. It used to be a good place to go for a special occasion. We will find somewhere else from now on.
- Good timesjph1786Dined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with friends. Service from Wilson was excellent.Special Features:
- Dignified AtmosphereGreateveningDined on 9/26/2014Loved the atmosphere. The food was excellent and they have a lot of choices. There where plenty of excellent drink selections and the two we chose were delicious. Will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Legendary SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Steaks at Stoney River are prepared marvelously. The seasoning is not over powering which allows the diner to enjoy the natural flavor of the meat. You can take it up a notch by adding crab meat on top of the steak which is really good. The sides are common so I wouldn't expect much in that arena and they we average. Not bad but not great either. The deserts are nothing to write home about either but they were more than adequate. But I didn't go there for the sides nor the desert and the steak was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent service and great foodyummygoodnessDined on 8/30/2014We went yo Stoneyriver to celebrate my parents' anniversary. Service eas excellent and food was great. Ask for the Kale salad, it's not on the menu, buy it was delicious and a perfect salad to have before a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time together, without the kids.ChrisonsteaksDined on 8/29/2014All the service/wait staff were very nice and engaging with pleasant conversation throughout the dining experience. Our stakes were cooked exactly how we asked for. The bathrooms are very clean and up to date, the dining area has a great ambiance. For a couple with kids that don't get a chance to go out much together, this is where we will go every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Stoney River was a great place to take my family for my husband's birthday. The food was good and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Great steaks -great service!ajwasdinDined on 8/26/2014I had been here once before (last year) and remembered how wonderful the experience was. This time not as much because the air conditioner was not functioning properly. I wish we would have left because we were miserably hot which spoiled the dining experience. But the food and service were wonderful. I am from out of town so I won't be going back for a while but hopefully this will be resolved very soon so that others will be more comfortable.Special Features:
- Craft beer on tapSatmoDined on 8/25/2014Stoney river was very good and they have a nice selection of craft beers, including local beers on tap and in bottles . I am amazed by how many fine dining restaurants don't have local and craft beers on tap. The Ahi Tuna was fresh and perfectly cooked. The service was great.Special Features:
- Best Wedge Salad EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014This was my first time to Stoney River and I must say I really enjoyed my meal. The bread with the honey butter was wonderful and the bleu cheese iceberg wedge salad is to die for! Next time I go, I think I will just get that salad for my meal. It was THAT good! For my entree I had the filet medallions trio. I ordered it medium rare and I want to say it was more on the medium side but those little medallions are hard to get right sometimes. I ordered the twice backed mashed potatoes as my side order and while they were absolutely delicious, they looked like a heart attack on a plate. Our waitress was very attentive and very pleasant. All in all, it is on the pricey side but very good. I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Choice!CharlieDined on 8/23/2014Loved our server, loved our meal! I would recommend this to anyone who would like a nice, good quality meal. Everyone was very service oriented. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Pleasurable!SugarDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter and dinner was wonderful - we had not been to Stoney River for quite a while and for some reason, recently we have been three times and each time has been great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent Steaks and for business dinners awesome service.Special Features:
- Birthday bashBecbear23Dined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time last Sunday night! The food was excellent, Wilson, our server was amazing. We will definitely dine there again in the very near future!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dine here...CyrAtlantaDined on 8/16/2014This location of Stoney River never disappoints. The food, service and ambience is always superb. Not quite sure why they have added valet parking in the rear, as you really do not need it, but other than that, it is a fabulous experience to come here, everytime!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back anytime soon.SkyeyeDined on 8/8/2014For a somewhat high end steak house it was very disappointing. Steaks were good but my side of asparagus was disgusting. Poor quality and poorly prepared. Our salads were brought by another server and practically thrown at us. My son's was the wrong salad and mine had the wrong dressing. Had to wait and flag down our server to get that corrected. Never received the requested water refills until the manager noticed us and did it himself. The manager gave us free dessert which was nice but overall it was a disappointing dinner. I will admit I have eaten there before with a nicer experience but considering the cost I will go elsewhere next time.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We've always had great steaks and cooked as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDineCloseToHomeDined on 8/7/2014Making reservations was very easy. The accomodations they made for the 4 children in our party went beyond my expectations. The only bad thing was the noise level was at unbelieveable levels. So loud that conversation between adults was not possible at arms length distance from each other. The nicest special was the desserts given to the 2 birthday individuals in our party. Food is excellent and we will definitely choose this restaurant again for special occasions we celebrate. We'll just do our talking before we arrive!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service.deaconbobbyDined on 8/2/2014Wish noise level could be toned down a little. Food, service a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringfamilyloveDined on 8/1/2014We dined at Stoney River with our family to celebrate our 27th Anniversary. The staff, food and atmosphere were all Excellent! Don't expect to walk away hungry. One of our Wait staff was Paul and he was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Filethck1Dined on 8/1/2014I highly recommend the coffee rub on the fillet, it brings out an unbeievable taste to the fillet. My wife and I get this nearly everytime we go.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaystnlsharpDined on 8/1/2014This is our goto place for great steaks and special occasions. While the Atlanta area is filled with all types of steak places, Stoney River is by far our favorite one. Prices are more than your typical "family" dinner but so worth it.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever had!EfflixiDined on 8/1/2014I rate a restaurant based on it's steak and the service. Both were the most amazing I've ever had! The server was very attentive and quick with service. The food was incredible. We had the deviled eggs as an appetizer and those were the best deviled eggs ever created!Special Features: