Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Roswell
10524 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Roswell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6784617900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Roswell
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Roswell - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Roswell reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (28)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent service and great foodyummygoodnessDined on 8/30/2014We went yo Stoneyriver to celebrate my parents' anniversary. Service eas excellent and food was great. Ask for the Kale salad, it's not on the menu, buy it was delicious and a perfect salad to have before a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time together, without the kids.ChrisonsteaksDined on 8/29/2014All the service/wait staff were very nice and engaging with pleasant conversation throughout the dining experience. Our stakes were cooked exactly how we asked for. The bathrooms are very clean and up to date, the dining area has a great ambiance. For a couple with kids that don't get a chance to go out much together, this is where we will go every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Stoney River was a great place to take my family for my husband's birthday. The food was good and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Great steaks -great service!ajwasdinDined on 8/26/2014I had been here once before (last year) and remembered how wonderful the experience was. This time not as much because the air conditioner was not functioning properly. I wish we would have left because we were miserably hot which spoiled the dining experience. But the food and service were wonderful. I am from out of town so I won't be going back for a while but hopefully this will be resolved very soon so that others will be more comfortable.Special Features:
- Craft beer on tapSatmoDined on 8/25/2014Stoney river was very good and they have a nice selection of craft beers, including local beers on tap and in bottles . I am amazed by how many fine dining restaurants don't have local and craft beers on tap. The Ahi Tuna was fresh and perfectly cooked. The service was great.Special Features:
- Best Wedge Salad EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014This was my first time to Stoney River and I must say I really enjoyed my meal. The bread with the honey butter was wonderful and the bleu cheese iceberg wedge salad is to die for! Next time I go, I think I will just get that salad for my meal. It was THAT good! For my entree I had the filet medallions trio. I ordered it medium rare and I want to say it was more on the medium side but those little medallions are hard to get right sometimes. I ordered the twice backed mashed potatoes as my side order and while they were absolutely delicious, they looked like a heart attack on a plate. Our waitress was very attentive and very pleasant. All in all, it is on the pricey side but very good. I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Choice!CharlieDined on 8/23/2014Loved our server, loved our meal! I would recommend this to anyone who would like a nice, good quality meal. Everyone was very service oriented. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Pleasurable!SugarDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter and dinner was wonderful - we had not been to Stoney River for quite a while and for some reason, recently we have been three times and each time has been great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent Steaks and for business dinners awesome service.Special Features:
- Birthday bashBecbear23Dined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time last Sunday night! The food was excellent, Wilson, our server was amazing. We will definitely dine there again in the very near future!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dine here...CyrAtlantaDined on 8/16/2014This location of Stoney River never disappoints. The food, service and ambience is always superb. Not quite sure why they have added valet parking in the rear, as you really do not need it, but other than that, it is a fabulous experience to come here, everytime!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back anytime soon.SkyeyeDined on 8/8/2014For a somewhat high end steak house it was very disappointing. Steaks were good but my side of asparagus was disgusting. Poor quality and poorly prepared. Our salads were brought by another server and practically thrown at us. My son's was the wrong salad and mine had the wrong dressing. Had to wait and flag down our server to get that corrected. Never received the requested water refills until the manager noticed us and did it himself. The manager gave us free dessert which was nice but overall it was a disappointing dinner. I will admit I have eaten there before with a nicer experience but considering the cost I will go elsewhere next time.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We've always had great steaks and cooked as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDineCloseToHomeDined on 8/7/2014Making reservations was very easy. The accomodations they made for the 4 children in our party went beyond my expectations. The only bad thing was the noise level was at unbelieveable levels. So loud that conversation between adults was not possible at arms length distance from each other. The nicest special was the desserts given to the 2 birthday individuals in our party. Food is excellent and we will definitely choose this restaurant again for special occasions we celebrate. We'll just do our talking before we arrive!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service.deaconbobbyDined on 8/2/2014Wish noise level could be toned down a little. Food, service a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringfamilyloveDined on 8/1/2014We dined at Stoney River with our family to celebrate our 27th Anniversary. The staff, food and atmosphere were all Excellent! Don't expect to walk away hungry. One of our Wait staff was Paul and he was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Filethck1Dined on 8/1/2014I highly recommend the coffee rub on the fillet, it brings out an unbeievable taste to the fillet. My wife and I get this nearly everytime we go.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaystnlsharpDined on 8/1/2014This is our goto place for great steaks and special occasions. While the Atlanta area is filled with all types of steak places, Stoney River is by far our favorite one. Prices are more than your typical "family" dinner but so worth it.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever had!EfflixiDined on 8/1/2014I rate a restaurant based on it's steak and the service. Both were the most amazing I've ever had! The server was very attentive and quick with service. The food was incredible. We had the deviled eggs as an appetizer and those were the best deviled eggs ever created!Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionsEatemupDined on 7/24/2014Stoney River is perfect for that special occasion; you can enjoy excellent food, delightful ambiance, self or valet parking, all only minutes from the Roswell Cultural Arts Center and other great venues in North Fulton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner was way too loudkmi1VIPDined on 7/22/2014We were seated right next to a huge party that was very loud. No clue why with empty tables they would put a couple next to a large group. Then, I ordered the wine but the waiter brought it to my husband. He reminded the waiter that I made the selection and he continued to pour the taste for him. Time to get with the times!Special Features:
- Very good but not exceptionalCJfromGADined on 7/22/2014I guess I had the bar set too high based on the many rave reviews I've heard from others in the past, but I wasn't all that impressed. It was definitely good, great service and ambiance, but I wasn't "wowed" with my steak as I expected to be. I had their signature coffee/brown sugar marinated filet. Like I said, it was good but nothing special. Do not waste $3 on the bleu cheese crumbles. It was about 95% bread crumbs and 5% bleu cheese. I actually thought they had forgotten the bleu cheese. I do highly recommend the creamed spinach; it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!rkb1970Dined on 7/21/2014We'be been several times and it is consistently a lovely experience! Delicious food, nice atmosphere and great service. I recommend anytime!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and great fodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Both the food and service was excellent. We will definitely return in the futureSpecial Features:
- Great dinner spotfrenchgemDined on 7/19/2014Good atmosphere, tasty steaks. Manager was very friendly and acommodating.Special Features:
- Good Food and Great ServiceBigBobATLDined on 7/14/2014Our anniversary dinner was spectacular. Our server Mike help enhance the experience. The food was very good, just wish we had saved room for desert. Also wished there was a way to sample the signature "coffee" steak, preferably as an appetizer. We opted for the crab cake and were not disappointed. There was a mango aoli that really made the dish, not that the crab cakes needed any help. My wife had the medallion medley with different sauces, each one looked better than the next. I had the cowboy cut rib eye, cooked to perfection. We both ordered the mashed potatoes with caramelized onions, all we could say was WOW! Wish we could those potatoes at home! Overall great meal and service.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014service was disappointing. usually come 3 or 4 times per year. Took 6 friends this time and they won't be back.
- restaurant reviewlraeDined on 7/12/2014Our food was great and our server Erica was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Level of Servicegreat4moreDined on 7/12/2014We love this special restaurant and have celebrate many occasions here. Sadly, we had a different experience this time with a waitress who was not up to the level of service we've grown to appreciate and love. We waited and waited and waited for almost every item we ordered. This can be fixed by getting some training for her and hopefully they will do that. She was pleasant, but never came over to keep us informed of delays, refill drinks, etc.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Celebration :)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great time, the food and service were great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in the area.designsinbeadsDined on 7/4/2014Our waiter, Michael, was fantastic. To sit and have dinner in July with a cozy fireplace burning was so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off puttingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I absolutely loved the food. The only thing that I felt that was very off putting was the manager. I noticed him come and talk to every table all around us. Also wish tables congratulations on anniversaries and birthdays. I had come for my anniversary and he just walked by our table multiple times to talk to others ones that were right next to ours. I can only speculate that that is was due to the age of my wife and myself. For that reason I will not be recommending this restaurant to any of my friends or co workers.
- We <3 Stoney Riversteak4meDined on 6/27/2014Stoney River is always a great place to go, and we've never ever been disappointed there. I had the Cowboy ribeye and my wife had the regular ribeye. Both were delicious. We've been to all the nice steak places in the RosAlphaMilton area and this was the first place where the server knew what I meant when I asked if the steaks has rested.Special Features:
- Longtime fan.eatoutoftenDined on 6/26/2014We are lucky to live in Roswell and can go to this lovely place often. We frequently get food to go, and the quality of that food is exactly the same as if you were eating there. The ribs are some of the best in town, and I can't say enough about the Key Lime Pie. WE were there Thursday night to celebrate a dear friend's birthday, and our waiter was Mike, who made the whole evening even more fun. We will definitely ask for his table whenever we go. We all enjoyed our food, and am looking forward to our next visit! Oh, and I really don't enjoy steak unless I can have bearnaise sauce and Stoney River is the only restaurant I have found in this immediate area who offers it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksslorac2Dined on 6/23/2014We wanted great steaks to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed. Service was outstanding. Filets were mouthwatering. Open Table reservations made it so easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit to Stoney Riverrider7Dined on 6/22/2014although my wife likes the steaks, I find their food below average. on our recent visit my tuna was dry, the spinach was not washed correctly(had dirt in it ). If we go back it is only for my wife's sake for their steak. it is the last place I will pick.
- Decent mid-range steak houseATLLocalVIPDined on 6/22/2014If you have not been before, Stoney River food quality, wine selection, and prices sit between Longhorn and a high-end steak house. Stoney River does a pretty good job fitting that niche. Typical steak house menu. Prior to the recession, Stoney River aspired to be closer to the high end range in terms of quality, service, and pricing but the economy has led them to go more mainstream. Gone are the seasoned waitstaff and tablecloths. Its still much better than Longhorn but just not the same experience from a few years ago.
- Excellent food and serviceMartiniManDined on 6/21/2014This is one of our favorite steak places. When you compare the quality of the food with the price it is better than Flemings or Ruth Chris. The ambience is also very pleasant. The waiter was excellent and was properly attentive without being overbearing and was informative and engaging. One note, we each ordered the capris salad (tomato and mozzarella) and it was gigantic. Plenty for two and it was excellent. We had a 7pm reservation and were seated by 7:15 so we had time to get a cocktail at the bar. We have never been disappointed with this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smartyDined on 6/21/2014Waiter was attentive, knowledgable and engaging. The food was fantastic and the portions were plentiful. Loved the atmosphere and layout of the restaurant. Open kitchen, oval bar, and the leather booths were comfy. Loved the fireplace - it felt so cozy yet the restaurant was large and inviting. A special night out with a friend ended up a thrilling evening with food, wine and conversation. Way to go Stoney River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overdoneAtl2worldDined on 6/16/2014Maybe it was Monday. Maybe it was our larger than average party of seven. Service was attentive. Wine recommended was good. But, in the consensus view, the food was just -- meh. Two of our steaks were overdone (ordered medium rare) to the point that one was sent back. The sides were bland at best. Crab cake was bready. Deserts seemed to be from the grocery store. For the price, I expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.