Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Louisville
3900 Summit Plaza Dr
Louisville, KY 40241Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 5024298944x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Harrison Ortiz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Louisville
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)romantic (59)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/13/2014Service was great, hostess was courteous and friendly, server was excellent. Food was not satisfactory. I ordered the 7 oz filet mignon, medium well. It came hard on the outside and quite red on the inside. In addition, I asked to have it topped with blue cheese and presumed the blue cheese would be melted on top of the filet. The filet came with the blue cheese sprinkled (and cold) on top of the filet instead. The side of garlic mash potato was dry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch diningJohnboyDined on 9/13/2014From the moment we arrived the service could not have been better! We were greeted warmly and as I had stated in our request we were shown a quiet booth to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. The food was absolutely wonderful!! We will be coming back to try some of the other dishes. Or we may just make a meal from the appetizers and sides. They were delicious and well portioned.Special Features:
- Great steak!ccasparDined on 9/9/2014Stoney River is one of my favorite places for a good steak. I had the bone-in ribeye and it was a perfect medium rare and seasoned well. I had the asparagus and shared the Onion potatoes, mushrooms and twice baked potatoes with others at the table. The meal was great and the service complimented it well. I had the opportunity to share this meal with some colleagues from out of town and all enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!karlapDined on 9/5/2014The 4 of us enjoyed celebrating a 60th bday. The food was great and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- UnexpectedClaytonVIPDined on 8/26/2014I stumbled across this gem while out with a colleague. We were both shocked by our overall experience. I got the coffee coated filet which was packed full of flavor and tender tender tender. Lobster bisque was home run and worth every penny I spent.Special Features:
- Food was good, service was blahloueamDined on 8/22/2014In the words of my husband, "I feel like we are in a drive thru." The server slammed plates down and was gone. She never just "stopped"-I'm normally not a complainer, but it was bad, especially when you're spending 100+ on a meal for 2!
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014You can get a better steak at Outback or Longhorn for half the price. Go to del Frisco or Ruth's Chris for high dollar filet.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014You may want to add a description of the reason for the reservation online. I wasn't able to say this was an anniversary dinner, so we were seated near several families with crying children. We're older people. :) Seriously, the noise level from the children caused us to talk more loudly. We didn't stay as long as we would have liked. Our server was spectacular and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Celebrating our wedding anniversary. Great atmosphere and awesome food and drinks.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the portions portions. The steak was great. Perfect place for an Anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceyBertmanDined on 8/12/2014Food was good but not great. Over priced for qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Our steaks were so tender and delicious. Great atmosphere. Romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- djustin11VIPDined on 8/9/2014The steaks were very good, especially the coffee-cured filet, and our server was very pleasant and attentive. However, the restaurant was overbooked, so we had to wait about ten minutes even though we had a reservation, and the hostess staff was quite dismissive and arrogant. Also, with everything being wood (floor, walls, ceiling) and the open floor plan, it was very loud, even when not seated in the center of the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksKdh0419VIPDined on 8/9/2014I had the coffee cured filet which was excellent and unique. Food was great as well as the service we received. This was my first time at Stoney River and will return for sure.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermusicmanDined on 8/9/2014Overall a great experience. Been to Stoney River several times. Always a great meal. This was one of the better restaurant meals I have had in a while. Food was great, service was top notch, and the free dessert for our anniversary served as a perfect ending to a wonderful evening. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulgjgirl00Dined on 8/9/2014Food was out of this world, our server knew everything about every men item and was very friendly. Overall a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but too noisyKybeadnutDined on 8/8/2014We love this place for special occasions but is too noisy to hear what tablemates are saying. Some sections in the restaurant are quieter than others. If possible ask for the right side.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerHoosierfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Server was great not extremely personable but nice and attentive. Nothing was a wow experience but as always great food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014This was my second visit. The first visit was great about 5 months ago. Our server did not meet expectations. She was almost polite. She recorded my order incorrectly so our entrees arrived during my salad. They took our food back to the kitchen until we were ready about 12 minutes later. My steak medallions were cooked as requested, but the 2 of 3 toppings were not very good, had to eat around them. It wasn't the worst food or service I've experienced, but I won't return or recommend.
- CJSTDined on 8/1/2014Both the food and the service was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Birthday guestmlbaxterDined on 7/25/2014I reserved our table under my Open Table account but asked that our reservation be placed under the name of my guest, Kevin Hook, as it was his birthday. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did Stoney River oblige, but my guest was greeted with warm birthday wishes on many occasions throughout our evening. Thank you for a fine evening of dining.Special Features:
- T8ksalot2pleaseVIPDined on 7/19/2014Less ambiance and less upscale than we expected for the high price--more of a bar atmosphere. Too open and not romantic at all--main dining room open to the bar where televisions are playing. Reminded us more of Longhorn than an upscale steak restaurant.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Coffee Cured Filet. Greatest steak I have ever had.Special Features:
- The best lobster bisqueBombDined on 7/11/2014Love this place all of the food and service is great. Only complaint. Often too dark to read the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Great way to unwind after a long week....very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelanieDined on 7/10/2014The food and atmosphere were excellent. Loved our waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite repeat!mindelnkyDined on 7/6/2014Chose Stone River because attending concert on Sunday night and too many nice steak restaurants are closed on Sunday or don't open until 5p or later. Turned out to be a great choice. We both order the Ribeye - outstanding! Waiter (Jesse) was personable and we had good conversations.His recommendations were on target. Definite repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatShelby127Dined on 7/5/2014We went to Stoney River for my fiancees birthday the food was excellent! Our waiter was knowledgable and did not rush us. Definitely a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We were very disappointed with the new menu. A couple of the items that we normally ordered are no longer on the menu. And they now do not allow changes to the sides like they use to do. It has always been our favorite restaurant, but not any more.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014we took our son for his birthday. The food and service were outstanding. And the dessert for his birthday was awesome.Special Features:
- pricey but goodPc1029VIPDined on 7/4/2014Have not been to Stoney River in a while because their coupons weren't as good as they were originally buying 2 meals and getting $20 off. This time we didn't have any coupon and I had a tomato mozzarella salad and a side of sweet potato casserole. My husband had a delicious steak with asparagus. We had 3 glasses of wine between us and with the tip it was almost $90. That seemed rather high, but everything was very good, so we'll just save this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arctic Cold!!!JC502VIPDined on 6/28/2014It was literally 60 degrees and we asked for the temperature to be set more appropriately and nothing was done. The girls had jackets on and the guys arms were numb by the time we left... Great food but get the dining room temp right if your customers are paying this much for a steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't know what you want here8itallDined on 6/28/2014For our family, this was a special occasion dinner. The steaks were delicious as were the potato sides. The salads were superb especially the Bleu Cheese Chopped Salad and the Caesar Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceGasmanDined on 6/27/2014Food was very good. Steak cooked just as i like. Service was excellent. A bit pricey, but we knew that going in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Our server went above and beyond to make us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumDined on 6/26/2014Great food! Service was also excellent. Portion size was definitely adequate.Special Features:
- dobsonsDined on 6/26/2014Outstanding! Exceptional quality and value for the steaks and the service was equal to none ! Andy , our server, was professional yet friendly with an above average knowledge of the menu and wine list. I have been back 3 times in a row and compared to other high end "Prime Steak Houses" in the area - my experience with Stoney River is by far the best place to get an amazing steak and outstanding service - every time !Special Features:
- DeliciousWillbback42ndsDined on 6/21/2014Food was great! Staff very accommodating! Could eat there every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One bad issueoopsDined on 6/21/2014Overall, our visit was great and food awesome. However, my husband found a plastic lid in his onion soup. They were very apologetic and offered to bring him another bowl. the manager also came by and gave us a gift card for next time. Would have preferred to be able to use it that same night but still appreciated the gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014I thought the salmon was just a little too seasoned. It was very salty. For the price, I do feel as though the food I'm eating should be excellent. My husband was very unsatisfied with his side item, but our server was amazing and brought another item of his choice. I wish I remembered his name. Outstanding service! We'd go back just for the service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.