Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth
5800 State Bridge Rd
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 7704760102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Serge Bekzaua
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (62)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (34)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I was expecting to pay much more but was pleasantlysurprised. The food was excellent as was the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It got really loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our experience was really good. This is one of my wife's favorites place but it got really loud.Special Features:
- Stony River Dinner 10/15/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Excellent service and attention to detail by manager and staff!! They made our anniversary celebration special. We go there every year and will continue the tradition. Thanks to Jordan and his staff!!Special Features:
- Never FailsIvey125Dined on 10/14/2014This is one of my all time favorite restaurants. I have never experienced bad food or service. Great place for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to go here!bsams3Dined on 10/14/2014Can't go wrong at Stoney River Steakhouse. Excellent dining experience in every category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date nighttvlkDined on 10/11/2014Overall our meal was really good, however, my filet came out way over cooked and my husband's au gratin potatoes were served cold. Our server was so busy with a big party that he never checked on us after the food was delivered until we had pushed our plates aside. I didn't eat much of the steak but it was still good and we heated up the potatoes for our breakfast the next morning. Definitely try the whisky shrimp and the lobster bisque. We will go back again and give them another chance, we really enjoyed our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Anniversary Suppercydawgfan79Dined on 10/11/2014The food was very good. My wife had a ribeye steak and declared it very good. She had the house salad with vinaigrette dressing, and I had the baby kale salad with vinaigrette and both were excellent! We also had an appetizer and Stoney River does a free dessert of Fudge cake. All were excellent. Overall our server was very attentive and made suggestions that helped make our night out wonderful. It is pricey, but it is a good place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightIlovewine2014Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was great. From the wine to the fantastic steak.Special Features:
- Delightful!RedsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Whisky shrimp appetizer is delicious! Steaks are cooked to perfection!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We've had dinner at this restaurant several times and each time we do, we enjoy ourselves. The food quality is fantastic as is the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48th anniversaryCUSoonDined on 10/9/2014We were greeted by name and occasion. Servers were very attentive. Food was great. Complimentary dessert was very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise charge for b-day desertsteakloverDined on 10/7/2014food is always great, service was not so great: 1) ordered beer, wait staff spilt 1/2 on floor while pouring into the glass (enjoyed 1/2 glass of beer...), 2) asked for a box multiple times, and 3) could not believe this - daughter told waitress it was my wife's 50th b-day and our anniversary, could we have a "surprise desert", we were charged for the desert.... I would not complain, but would have thought a $8 desert would have been complimentary on a $250 dinner bill. again, food is great as always, but will not be going back to this location due to service (maybe my expectations were too high....)
- Good Steaks, Lacking ServiceAtlantaNativeDined on 10/5/2014Steaks still very good, but service nothing like it used to be a few years ago. Server & manager virtually ran by table, showed no real interest in service with only about 6 tables seated. Late Sunday afternoon meal, bartenders were cleaning bar with strong-smelling cleaner, hostesses/waitresses on the floor cleaning front door with metal cleaner. Another male waiter referred to ladies cleaning as slaves, very poor taste. For the money, the food was good, but so disappointed in everything else, will not return. Many other steakhouses with as good or better food with much better service.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Ambiance was expected. An outdoor feel but nothing that stands out as special. Visible fireplace but very few guests are able to appreciate it based on table location. Mostly dark dining area that was comfortable but noisy. Must be inexperienced wait staff 1) the staff was so eager to every our need that they would not leave us alone long enough to complete a conversation 2) do not order appetizers at the same time as the entrée. Timing of receipt for both was way to close for me. This tells me our wattress is inexperienced. The food was very good in both quality and taste. I can't be certain but it appears that each item is specifically prepared from scratch. I can tell that the au gratin potatoes were, in fact, made by hand. Overall, yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurant.DE49Dined on 10/3/2014Have visited this location on more than one occasion. Google food, and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for our anniversarylordslammDined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our 2 year anniversary here and everything was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmacyDined on 9/27/2014Saturday my husband and I were both disappointed. The waitress recommended two mixed drinks and both were very small and definitely not worth $12 each. We ordered an appetizer that was good but it didn't arrive until after we had our salads. I ordered a filet medium well and the waitress said they would have to butterfly it in order to get it medium well. I've gotten steaks at JAlexanders and other nice restaurants well done or medium well and it wasn't butterflied. I asked if I could just wait longer but have the filet whole and medium well. She said she would tell the cooks. It came out medium definitely not medium well. For $140 we've had better meals and paid a lot less.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014We ordered prime rib because we had previously dinned at Stoney River at Cumberland and had a wonderful meal of prime rib. This meat was inedible. We will never go back!!!Special Features:
- Not what it used to be......CejoDined on 9/26/2014Sadly, Stoney River is not what it used to be. For more than 10 years, this has been our "go to" restaurant for special occasions. The food and service were always top notch. NOT ANYMORE! The menu has changed and the wait staff was indifferent. The creamed spinach side dish was so sweet that it tasted like some weird, spinach flavored dessert. The ribeyes were thinner than normal, they lacked the usual signature seasoning that we expected and were not tender at all. The waiter seemed annoyed that we did not order wine or cocktails. When told that we did not want to order an appetizer, but instead order our dinner, he walked away and did not come back for about 10 minutes. Honestly, I've had better food and service at Longhorn.Special Features:
- Good food and good times!SongbyrdDined on 9/24/2014Very warm and pleasant atmosphere, attentive wait staff and good food = very good times!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a wonderful experience !!!CastillosDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed our selfs. Our server was very professional and pleasant. All though it did take a little long to receive our salads it improved as the night progressed !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Date:TMV17Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 13th anniversary and we could not have picked a better place to eat and be at. Everything from the git-go was awesome!Special Features:
- mtngirl1Dined on 9/20/2014The prime rib, wedge salad and scalloped potatoes were outstanding! Several in our party chose filet's, and they were tough with no flavor. That was very disappointing and the first time we had not had all meals be outstanding. We had a party of six and had asked for a table that was in a fairly quiet area. They put us in the back room, which was perfect.Special Features:
- So worth it!OutstandingVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding and the service was excellent! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just a little dispointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Over all good. Went with another couple. We were celebrating our 20th and 25th anniversary. The service was rushed - it was a Wednesday. Pre-dinner drinks overlapped order taking, overlapped appetizers, and over lapped the meal. We had a lot of plates and food in front of us all at once. When dinning at such a place you expect that timing to be tighter. I was asked at time of reservation if it were for anything special. The servicer information card had it on there, however, no one acknowledged the event, or "why" we were out in the first place. I was surprised by as places like this tend to be more attentive to smaller things like making sure you are comfortable and enjoying your time and their service.Special Features:
- Disappointing Bday celebrationBiscuit404Dined on 8/31/2014Seated immediately and drink orders taken. Waitress appeared approx 10 minutes after we sat down and took appetizer order. Appetizer served before we received water or our drinks. 1/2 way thru appetizer, drinks & water served by other waitress. Entrees ordered, wife's coffee marinated filet tasted great and perfect medium rare. My NY Strip ordered rare+ was medium to well. Returned steak and after 10+ min finally received my steak. Although rare+ the steak was stringy and very fatty. My wife requested additional butter for her baked potato, never materialized. My wife finished her meal before I received mine. Disappointing experience, waitress pleasant but reminded me of a high school cheerleader instead of a prof server. Will not return.
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was ok, nothing special. Pleasant, attentive service, the best part of the visit. Disappointed in the value. I expected the food(steaks) to be better, the atmosphere to be less of a neighborhood bar, and more of a steakhouse. In all of my visits it's always been a bit short of the reputation.
- Excellent service and foodKristinWVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went here for a celebration and enjoyed our meal and our waitress was excellent. The manager even stopped by to chit chat. The only problem is that the prices are rather high, but that's typical of good steakhouses. May return if we have something else to celebrate.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014while Legendary in their logo - it is not in the steak. The special was nothing more than roast beef on potatoes with gravy. The filet was tough. They did have an oversized salad that you needed because you were not going to be able to eat the steak. We also ordered spinach dip which came out mildly warm and had very little flavor at all. I don't mind from time to time and at a special occasion to send the amount that Stoney River demands. But they are spending it on the help not the chef.Special Features:
- ExcellentAlex125RDined on 8/29/2014Very impressed with the overall quality of the food and service. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.TravelerDined on 8/29/2014We no longer live in Georgia, but If we are anywhere near Duluth, we make our way to Stoney River. Great atmosphere, food and service. The quality of food is consistent. The steaks are delicious. This is a go to place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBumblebeecreekDined on 8/28/2014This place endures! We first went there nearly 20 years ago, and it has not changed very much at all, and that's a good thing. Food is still good, service is extraordinary. we had six people, and they were very accommodating, allowing us to change our reservation almost at the last minute. It is a good place for a small group or just a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service exemplary/food even betterCaminalphaDined on 8/28/2014Went here for a friends birthday. Greeted by hostesses who's great looks and smiles were matched by their personalities and sincerity. Matt the server was amazing and the food was truly the best meal I've had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was excellent. Food was good. My wife and son ordered sweet potato souffle it was too sweet. As soon we mention to waiter she recommended a different side dish no questions asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner Appropriateajd1205Dined on 8/21/2014I entertained clients at Stoney River and the service was impeccable, the food outstanding and it was very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great dinner!boomdaddy3Dined on 8/18/2014Appetizers and food were excellent ... sea bass was awesome and steaks were good (as always) ... service was attentive without being overbearing ... the Pinot Noir was tasty and good quality (though pricy) ... will return.Special Features:
- Gone DownhillLAFatsDined on 8/16/2014In the distant past I favorably reviewed this restaurant, saying it offered great service and served fine steaks for half the cost of a Buckhead steak house. Sadly, I cannot say this any longer. The owners, the same as own O'Charley's, have run off the professional bar and service staff with lower wages and less flexible working hours, dropped the quality of the beef and the food in general in an attempt to cater to a less discerning, more recession proof market. Well, the management is getting what it is paying for. I'll dispense with the details, but the service -- both bar and table -- was terrible. The mac and cheese was soupy, the steak overcooked. The Stoney River of old is just a distant memory.
- One of the bestapsLilburnDined on 8/16/2014Stoney River continues to be one of the best steak restaurants in Atlanta. Prices are reasonable, service is great, and quality is consistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still, great Steaks!geezer1Dined on 8/16/2014A friend of ours was celebrating her birthday and we decided to check in for a steak and birthday cake. This time was no different that any in the past: really good service, great steaks, and nice atmosphere (not in a rush to get you out). We suggest you try one of the horseradish or Oscar toppings on your steak both great!! Oh, and the birthday desserts were a hit. A great time was had by all.Special Features:
- waitress was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our waitress made me and my girlfriend's anniversary very memorable. She did a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.