Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth
5800 State Bridge Rd
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 7704760102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Serge Bekzaua
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Duluth reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)romantic (64)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- This was a wonderful experience !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed our selfs. Our server was very professional and pleasant. All though it did take a little long to receive our salads it improved as the night progressed !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Date:OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 13th anniversary and we could not have picked a better place to eat and be at. Everything from the git-go was awesome!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The prime rib, wedge salad and scalloped potatoes were outstanding! Several in our party chose filet's, and they were tough with no flavor. That was very disappointing and the first time we had not had all meals be outstanding. We had a party of six and had asked for a table that was in a fairly quiet area. They put us in the back room, which was perfect.Special Features:
- So worth it!OutstandingVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding and the service was excellent! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just a little dispointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Over all good. Went with another couple. We were celebrating our 20th and 25th anniversary. The service was rushed - it was a Wednesday. Pre-dinner drinks overlapped order taking, overlapped appetizers, and over lapped the meal. We had a lot of plates and food in front of us all at once. When dinning at such a place you expect that timing to be tighter. I was asked at time of reservation if it were for anything special. The servicer information card had it on there, however, no one acknowledged the event, or "why" we were out in the first place. I was surprised by as places like this tend to be more attentive to smaller things like making sure you are comfortable and enjoying your time and their service.Special Features:
- Disappointing Bday celebrationBiscuit404Dined on 8/31/2014Seated immediately and drink orders taken. Waitress appeared approx 10 minutes after we sat down and took appetizer order. Appetizer served before we received water or our drinks. 1/2 way thru appetizer, drinks & water served by other waitress. Entrees ordered, wife's coffee marinated filet tasted great and perfect medium rare. My NY Strip ordered rare+ was medium to well. Returned steak and after 10+ min finally received my steak. Although rare+ the steak was stringy and very fatty. My wife requested additional butter for her baked potato, never materialized. My wife finished her meal before I received mine. Disappointing experience, waitress pleasant but reminded me of a high school cheerleader instead of a prof server. Will not return.
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was ok, nothing special. Pleasant, attentive service, the best part of the visit. Disappointed in the value. I expected the food(steaks) to be better, the atmosphere to be less of a neighborhood bar, and more of a steakhouse. In all of my visits it's always been a bit short of the reputation.
- Excellent service and foodKristinWVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went here for a celebration and enjoyed our meal and our waitress was excellent. The manager even stopped by to chit chat. The only problem is that the prices are rather high, but that's typical of good steakhouses. May return if we have something else to celebrate.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014while Legendary in their logo - it is not in the steak. The special was nothing more than roast beef on potatoes with gravy. The filet was tough. They did have an oversized salad that you needed because you were not going to be able to eat the steak. We also ordered spinach dip which came out mildly warm and had very little flavor at all. I don't mind from time to time and at a special occasion to send the amount that Stoney River demands. But they are spending it on the help not the chef.Special Features:
- ExcellentAlex125RDined on 8/29/2014Very impressed with the overall quality of the food and service. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.TravelerDined on 8/29/2014We no longer live in Georgia, but If we are anywhere near Duluth, we make our way to Stoney River. Great atmosphere, food and service. The quality of food is consistent. The steaks are delicious. This is a go to place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBumblebeecreekDined on 8/28/2014This place endures! We first went there nearly 20 years ago, and it has not changed very much at all, and that's a good thing. Food is still good, service is extraordinary. we had six people, and they were very accommodating, allowing us to change our reservation almost at the last minute. It is a good place for a small group or just a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service exemplary/food even betterCaminalphaDined on 8/28/2014Went here for a friends birthday. Greeted by hostesses who's great looks and smiles were matched by their personalities and sincerity. Matt the server was amazing and the food was truly the best meal I've had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was excellent. Food was good. My wife and son ordered sweet potato souffle it was too sweet. As soon we mention to waiter she recommended a different side dish no questions asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner Appropriateajd1205Dined on 8/21/2014I entertained clients at Stoney River and the service was impeccable, the food outstanding and it was very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great dinner!boomdaddy3Dined on 8/18/2014Appetizers and food were excellent ... sea bass was awesome and steaks were good (as always) ... service was attentive without being overbearing ... the Pinot Noir was tasty and good quality (though pricy) ... will return.Special Features:
- Gone DownhillLAFatsDined on 8/16/2014In the distant past I favorably reviewed this restaurant, saying it offered great service and served fine steaks for half the cost of a Buckhead steak house. Sadly, I cannot say this any longer. The owners, the same as own O'Charley's, have run off the professional bar and service staff with lower wages and less flexible working hours, dropped the quality of the beef and the food in general in an attempt to cater to a less discerning, more recession proof market. Well, the management is getting what it is paying for. I'll dispense with the details, but the service -- both bar and table -- was terrible. The mac and cheese was soupy, the steak overcooked. The Stoney River of old is just a distant memory.
- One of the bestapsLilburnDined on 8/16/2014Stoney River continues to be one of the best steak restaurants in Atlanta. Prices are reasonable, service is great, and quality is consistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still, great Steaks!geezer1Dined on 8/16/2014A friend of ours was celebrating her birthday and we decided to check in for a steak and birthday cake. This time was no different that any in the past: really good service, great steaks, and nice atmosphere (not in a rush to get you out). We suggest you try one of the horseradish or Oscar toppings on your steak both great!! Oh, and the birthday desserts were a hit. A great time was had by all.Special Features:
- waitress was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our waitress made me and my girlfriend's anniversary very memorable. She did a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb steaksOut4biteDined on 8/14/2014Great experience. Super friendly and attentive staff. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak at a modest priceProfJohnnyPDined on 8/12/2014Certainly there are bigger name steak houses, but for quality at a fair price nothing beats this place. It is a nice casual atmosphere, not too stuffy like some other steak houses. I love it and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner35yearsDined on 8/10/2014Excellent meal and excellent service. Prices are very high, but on some occasions it's worth it.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesNovember88Dined on 8/9/2014Stony river has long been one of our favorites!! We use to go to the Nashville locations for about a decade when living in Nashville. We now love in Greenville SC and drive the 2 hours to Duluth. Service excellent!! The manager always stops by to check on us Bd make sure all is well, love your placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service1bes1Dined on 8/4/2014The filet mignon was easily the best steak I've ever tasted. While too pricey for us to dine again on a regular basis, this would be a great place to have an anniversary dinner or an extra special celebration with friends. Our server was very attentive, even though the couple behind us kept engaging him in long conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Foodfoodie2Dined on 8/3/2014We have always been delighted with the food at Stoney River. The steaks melt in your mouth and everything else we've had has been outstanding. It's very obvious that the wait staff has been trained well because they treat you as if you're their only customer. We truly enjoy this place!Special Features:
- Good but not as great as it use 2 bKcritellVIPDined on 8/2/2014I'd like to start by saying I have wonderful memories here. My grandparents use to take me here as a kid and every bday dinner was celebrated here growing up. My husband and I ended up sitting at the bar and it was not very busy. Bartenders were nice but literally one would ask us if we wanted a drink or if we were ready to order and then the other would come right behind them 5 seconds later and ask same thing. I ordered a filet medium rare to rare & it came out medium in some parts & medium well in others. It took 20 minutes for them to bring me my dinner. My husband was already done. They didn't have a manager come & apologize. They didn't offer a free dessert or drink. Nothing. I got to eat my dinner essentially by myself.Special Features:
- Great service!Sam80Dined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was very attentive and willing to help any chance she could. A person in my party had an inaccurate order and the manager fixed it ASAP and brought the fixed entree to our table and waited for confirmation that the new entree was pleasing. Very good service and DELICIOUS bread!!Special Features:
- Great Date Night RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This is a great restaurant to go on date night because it is close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vjkjvDined on 8/2/2014Server was highly attentive, despite the restaurant being packed, and the food was excellent, as usual, especially the steaks, which were lean and tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Not what I expected from this restaurant. Steak was charred on outside, au gratin potatoes sent back due to the fact they were cold (had to actually put on a different plate to send back, THEN ate most of my steak prior to getting more potatoes. And they still were not tasty), and a disappointing dessert (not as described). Overall, very disappointed in this visit especially since we were celebrating our anniversary and birthday. With the price point of this restaurant, I expected more.Special Features:
- AmazingMariSLPDined on 7/26/2014Our group's experience was wonderful. The food was delicious - particularly the pecan crusted trout. The free valet service was a nice touch and all staff members were helpful and friendly. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and didn't allow our glasses to become empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGTMikeDined on 7/26/2014Stoney River is typically one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions. My wife and I have frequently dined there for Valentine's Day, Anniversary and Birthday dinners. This particular meal was to celebrate our 22 wedding anniversary. The restaurant was fairly empty for a Saturday night, even at the relatively early hour of 5:30 pm. We were seated promptly and the service was very good. The bread was overdone. The coffee-cured filet and baked potato were very good. My wife got the lodge filet and garlic mashed potatoes. Her filet was good, but not much different than we could make on the grill at home. The mashed potatoes tasted like instant, although we know they weren't. It was a little disappointing as we normally love SRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014I was disappointed in the table selection. They jammed us in a booth. 5 men...we barely had room for our elbows. It was a complete lack of consideration for us as customers. Our experience was not good.
- WesJuklDined on 7/20/2014Very good food, a good place for special occasion. We visited Stoney River on several special occasions and enjoyed it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney RiverTree1027Dined on 7/19/2014Started with the beef steak tomato salad which was very good. Everyone had a steak and there were no complaints with how they were cooked or the flavor. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 7/18/2014We dined at Stoney River last Friday night for our anniversary. We were able to walk in and be seated immediately. Our waiter was quite attentive and we never had to find him to refresh our beverages! The coffee rubbed filet and crab cake I had were excellent. This restaurant never disappoints!Special Features:
- Excellent as usualgsspenceDined on 7/18/2014Never disappoints. Great service, food, drinks. Can always count on Stoney for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdayDined on 7/14/2014Steaks are very good, large portions, prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!LynnJohnsCreekDined on 7/12/2014As far as steak houses go, Stoney River is always consistent. Some of the best filets in town. We have visited Chops, Ruth Chris, etc and I have never changed my opinion of Stoney River. Their meat is always tender, mouth watering, and the horse radish topping is to die for. A variety of salads, which are always crunchy and fresh. We always go home with left overs because the helpings are generous. In comparison to other steak houses, they are priced well and we have always had wonderfully attentive servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.