Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park
20504 N. Rand Rd
Deer Park, IL 60010Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 8477191596x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Luebker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park - Best Restaurants in Deer Park ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (37)good for groups (29)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good Food...Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We were having a Sunday birthday lunch for my Mother. There were 7 in our party. The food was up to their regular standards, well prepared and good tasting. However, the service was slow as molasses. There were only a few tables occupied during our time and our waitress was very slow. It took forever to get the food and drinks we had ordered and when the bill came, our waitress mis-charged one of the members of our party as we were splitting the check 3 ways. The dining area was very cold and the jazz music was quite loud. Many in our party were forced to wear a sweater to keep warm when it was 80 degrees outside. Sadly, not one of the best days for this establishment.Special Features:
- Good SteakrunnergirlVIPDined on 9/27/2014The steak is always great at Stoney River. Unfortunately, the prices are going up and the service isn't keeping up with the cost.
- Great Aged SteakSteakmanDined on 9/23/2014The filets are aged between 21 and 42 days. They are so tender that they can be cut with a butter knife.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experiencecubsgal6Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant serves excellent food. We had the coffee-encrusted filet and the prime rib. Both cooked perfectly, good flavor and tenderness. Unbelievable service from our server Alyssa. She made many suggestions from appetizers to wine. The steak egg rolls are highly recommended! My compliments to the general manager as he has an excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchbboopVIPDined on 9/19/2014Love the food, love the casual/chic vibe, best service ever!Special Features:
- Customer careDiner12VIPDined on 9/19/2014We dine at Stoney River at least once every two weeks. Always enjoy the food, service, atmosphere, and overall the customer care. Staff goes above and beyond their duties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OctomanDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Chris was outstanding and very helpful.Special Features:
- NatalieDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. One of the best places I have been in a long time.Special Features:
- Expected a legendary steak.RonHDined on 9/13/2014Disappointed in their signature filet. I'm a medium well guy, and the restaurant insisted they had to butterfly it. One held was rare and the second held was well. I guess I should average it out and say It was cooked to order. Potatoes were good. Disappointing creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakenzyDined on 9/12/2014Great steaks. Great service Entire staff is friendly and accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoodMeatAtarianDined on 9/10/2014We consistentely eat at Stoney River (often take out). On Wednesday we dined in and had a fabulous experience. They have changed the menu in the last few months, but the key items are still there without adjustments -- House Salad, steaks, coffee-cured, etc. HINT: They have started cooking their steaks in buttter. Be sure to order your steak dry you don't like butter on your steak or looking to save a few calories for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014From the greeting at the door throughout our meal, the service was spectacular! Our server was very knowledgeable and made recommendations regarding apps, wines and desserts. She also had great suggestions on how best to order our steaks to bring out the most robust flavor. Cozy & casual atmosphere but food and service 5 star. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Wonderful Food and ambiance. Will return again. Love your steaks
- Wish it were better...justme2uDined on 9/3/2014We went for a birthday celebration, wanting a really good steak dinner. Unfortunately one steak was too raw and the other too well done. Both were ordered as medium. They took the raw one back, but it still was more red than we like it when it was returned. We didn't complain about the overcooked one because we really weren't looking to make any issues. That one was ordered with their special marinade of coffee, brown sugar and molasses, but it tasted just plain over-salted and dry! Even though they tried to compensate with a free dessert, don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon. Disappointing all around.
- Lunch at Stoney RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Whiskey shrimp and cowboy bone in rib eye. Nuff said!Special Features:
- NoisyLiketoeatDined on 8/30/2014Wood floors, wood ceiling, wood walls. Nothing for sound absorption. Just normal talking was difficult because it was so loud there even with no music playingI would recommend this to a friend.
- RickyDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been enjoying Stoney River for many years, but we were very disappointed when J. Alexander's bought the franchise. We would not rate J.A. as high as we do Stoney River and the food quality was beginning to show it. I am pleased to see they are bringing back the Stoney River expectations. The new menus are fabulous. The onion strings are cooked to order vs. in advance. Cooking them in advance was a HUGE mistake. The table side service is always superior and Anne is one of our favorites! The only complaint we had about our recent dining experience was that the coffee cured filets were over seasoned. And the key lime pie could use more crust.Special Features:
- Good food, but...ScottDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good. The only thing I didn't like about the evening was that a lot of the people in the restaurant were dressed very casual. For the prices in the restaurant, and the really good food, I would have expected the others eating here to dress a bit better. People were in flip flops and shorts. So many people were dressed like they were at Burger King. The food was excellent, it's a great restaurant...I just wish people would dress more appropriately when going out to eat at a nice restaurant. I don't expect a suit and tie, but perhaps wear something other than flip flops and shortsSpecial Features:
- Great Steaks and SidesNanelfVIPDined on 8/29/2014We love it here. Always a reliable and fantastic neighborhood choice!Special Features:
- Chm002chm002Dined on 8/25/2014Decent steak for the money. Atmosphere is nice. Good place for a causal dinner. Not in the same league as a Morton's, Gibson or Wildfire.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just offSpkashDined on 8/23/2014Everything was good - but too high scale for "good". Soup barely warm. Too loud in general. Two steaks were great. Two were a bit tough. Two were good. Staff was great
- Always a pleasureDelectableDined on 8/22/2014I surprised my wife for our anniversary and as the incredible staff at Stoney River have done, they have made every occasion memorable. The food is always excellent, the wait staff is professional and accommodating and they have treated us with something scrumptious after our meal. Excellent job and a good choice every time.Special Features:
- Very attentive staffMellieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The staff was great. Very personable. Our daughters plate did not make it out of the kitchen intact. Our waiter was quick to rectify the situation and replaced her dish quickly. The manager was quick to respond as well. Very apologetic. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wanted to love this placeLadyDined on 8/21/2014I figured it must have been my choice of entry so why upset everyone's evening by sending my soup and then steak back. I ordered the waitress very highly recommended house specialty the coffee marinated petite filet. It was awful! Medium rare was served medium. The onion soup was cold. Even the broccoli was seasoned with a very odd flavor. In my opinion the prices are not justified. Dinner for 4 including tip - $260 for 3 steaks, one fish entry with only 1 beer and 2 glasses of wine and a lemonade . Hello... The lettuce salad was $12 Will not recommend and will not go back again. Waitress was pleasant and decor was nice.
- Excellent ExperienceSirDineALotVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food (steaks, crabcake, dessert), service, and atmosphere were excellent. The reservation was promptly honored.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service and food were great except we were sitting near the bar and the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They changed my feelings to GOODASM10VIPDined on 8/18/2014I always had great food there except for the previous 2 visits. This time, they made a believer out of me, thank you very much. Yes, I will be back and enjoy other items next time also. Best visit so farSpecial Features:
- ComingBackSoonBJdiningoutDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksGaucherjDined on 8/15/2014Steaks were awesome and cooked to perfection. Great prices!!Special Features:
- Excellence!DavidDined on 8/15/2014Stoney River out distances all the other restaurants in the area - both in service and quality of food. It is a must return dining location.Special Features:
- Good, but could be betterRegency08Dined on 8/11/2014Overall it was a good experience. I ordered the 14 oz Ribeye, it had good peppery flavor that is a nice change, unfortunately it came out room temp and the mushroom caps were less than warm. My wife ordered the filet and it was very good and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bnbnme3Dined on 8/9/2014GREAT steaks!!! We've been here twice in a couple months and have made this our special occasion place for dinner!
- great experience !!!barb31Dined on 8/4/2014i have not been there in few years but nothing changed. The food is exceptional, the atmosphere great, i was there to celebrate my birthday and I it was the best restaurant choice I could have made. Highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes you feel welcomelovestoroam78Dined on 8/2/2014From the valet attendant to the person clearing out plates, everyone made us feel like they were glad we were there. The bartenders asked us our names, the waitress already knew who we were and the manager stopped by to say hello. They treated us like we were special, evn though we were just another couple in along string of couples on a Saturday night. Match the service with great food and wine and that is a recipe for a memorable evening. The steaks were medium rare and the service was well done. Nice job by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Yet AgainASM10VIPDined on 8/1/2014I really wanted to like Stoney River but I had, again, the worst "prime rib" that I have every had. It was tough and I had to almost saw through it to get it in bite sizes. I actually did something that I have never done since I was a kid. I took my napkin and took a piece out of my mouth because it was so tough to eat. The creamed spinach was terrible as the cream stuff, and I say stuff, was poured over the spinach wherever I could find something green. I'm sorry but Stoney River just can't seem to get it right anymore. Even the wine list has changed dramatically and unless you are willing to spend $225 for a bottle of wine, you are going to get something that you will regret afterwards.
- Great experience!Foodie2Dined on 8/1/2014Great service, wonderful food. Highly recommend their steaks and very generous sides! They surprised my husband with a special dessert with a candle for his birthday! A nice evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedChicagolandLuckyDined on 7/25/2014We visit this restaurant often and usually enjoy the food and service. However, this time the food was the worst we've ever had. The steak was a filet that looked more like scrap or sirloin chunk. The fish had many bones and scales left in it. Our server was new; we could tell she was nervous, but we are OK with that. Until she messed up the drink order...twice. We may try back again, but it will not be anytime soon. Sadly, we are back on the hunt for another steakhouse nearby.Special Features:
- amazing dinnermichelleDined on 7/22/2014We loved it here. It was our first time. They are free valet. Everyone was nice amd pleasant. Food was amazing. It is a bit loud but still I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always exceptionalExpectthebestDined on 7/19/2014When I and in Chicago, I always come here. Everything is wonderful and consistent above expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy this timeSoftballGuyDined on 7/15/2014For some reason, they stuck us in the very noisy bar with the dining room wide open. My mistake, should have asked for a quieter spot. Food was excellent, as usual. Server was not very attentive and brought us the wrong bill at the end. This is still our "go-to" spot for the best steaks in the area.Special Features: