Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park
20504 N. Rand Rd
Deer Park, IL 60010Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 8477191596x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Luebker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park - Best Restaurants in Deer Park ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Deer Park reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (42)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lunch at Stoney RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Whiskey shrimp and cowboy bone in rib eye. Nuff said!Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Wood floors, wood ceiling, wood walls. Nothing for sound absorption. Just normal talking was difficult because it was so loud there even with no music playingI would recommend this to a friend.
- RickyDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been enjoying Stoney River for many years, but we were very disappointed when J. Alexander's bought the franchise. We would not rate J.A. as high as we do Stoney River and the food quality was beginning to show it. I am pleased to see they are bringing back the Stoney River expectations. The new menus are fabulous. The onion strings are cooked to order vs. in advance. Cooking them in advance was a HUGE mistake. The table side service is always superior and Anne is one of our favorites! The only complaint we had about our recent dining experience was that the coffee cured filets were over seasoned. And the key lime pie could use more crust.Special Features:
- Good food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very good. The only thing I didn't like about the evening was that a lot of the people in the restaurant were dressed very casual. For the prices in the restaurant, and the really good food, I would have expected the others eating here to dress a bit better. People were in flip flops and shorts. So many people were dressed like they were at Burger King. The food was excellent, it's a great restaurant...I just wish people would dress more appropriately when going out to eat at a nice restaurant. I don't expect a suit and tie, but perhaps wear something other than flip flops and shortsSpecial Features:
- Great Steaks and SidesNanelfVIPDined on 8/29/2014We love it here. Always a reliable and fantastic neighborhood choice!Special Features:
- Chm002chm002Dined on 8/25/2014Decent steak for the money. Atmosphere is nice. Good place for a causal dinner. Not in the same league as a Morton's, Gibson or Wildfire.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just offSpkashDined on 8/23/2014Everything was good - but too high scale for "good". Soup barely warm. Too loud in general. Two steaks were great. Two were a bit tough. Two were good. Staff was great
- Always a pleasureDelectableDined on 8/22/2014I surprised my wife for our anniversary and as the incredible staff at Stoney River have done, they have made every occasion memorable. The food is always excellent, the wait staff is professional and accommodating and they have treated us with something scrumptious after our meal. Excellent job and a good choice every time.Special Features:
- Very attentive staffMellieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The staff was great. Very personable. Our daughters plate did not make it out of the kitchen intact. Our waiter was quick to rectify the situation and replaced her dish quickly. The manager was quick to respond as well. Very apologetic. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wanted to love this placeLadyDined on 8/21/2014I figured it must have been my choice of entry so why upset everyone's evening by sending my soup and then steak back. I ordered the waitress very highly recommended house specialty the coffee marinated petite filet. It was awful! Medium rare was served medium. The onion soup was cold. Even the broccoli was seasoned with a very odd flavor. In my opinion the prices are not justified. Dinner for 4 including tip - $260 for 3 steaks, one fish entry with only 1 beer and 2 glasses of wine and a lemonade . Hello... The lettuce salad was $12 Will not recommend and will not go back again. Waitress was pleasant and decor was nice.
- Excellent ExperienceSirDineALotVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food (steaks, crabcake, dessert), service, and atmosphere were excellent. The reservation was promptly honored.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service and food were great except we were sitting near the bar and the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They changed my feelings to GOODASM10VIPDined on 8/18/2014I always had great food there except for the previous 2 visits. This time, they made a believer out of me, thank you very much. Yes, I will be back and enjoy other items next time also. Best visit so farSpecial Features:
- ComingBackSoonBJdiningoutDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksGaucherjDined on 8/15/2014Steaks were awesome and cooked to perfection. Great prices!!Special Features:
- Excellence!DavidDined on 8/15/2014Stoney River out distances all the other restaurants in the area - both in service and quality of food. It is a must return dining location.Special Features:
- Good, but could be betterRegency08Dined on 8/11/2014Overall it was a good experience. I ordered the 14 oz Ribeye, it had good peppery flavor that is a nice change, unfortunately it came out room temp and the mushroom caps were less than warm. My wife ordered the filet and it was very good and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bnbnme3Dined on 8/9/2014GREAT steaks!!! We've been here twice in a couple months and have made this our special occasion place for dinner!
- great experience !!!barb31Dined on 8/4/2014i have not been there in few years but nothing changed. The food is exceptional, the atmosphere great, i was there to celebrate my birthday and I it was the best restaurant choice I could have made. Highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes you feel welcomelovestoroam78Dined on 8/2/2014From the valet attendant to the person clearing out plates, everyone made us feel like they were glad we were there. The bartenders asked us our names, the waitress already knew who we were and the manager stopped by to say hello. They treated us like we were special, evn though we were just another couple in along string of couples on a Saturday night. Match the service with great food and wine and that is a recipe for a memorable evening. The steaks were medium rare and the service was well done. Nice job by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Yet AgainASM10VIPDined on 8/1/2014I really wanted to like Stoney River but I had, again, the worst "prime rib" that I have every had. It was tough and I had to almost saw through it to get it in bite sizes. I actually did something that I have never done since I was a kid. I took my napkin and took a piece out of my mouth because it was so tough to eat. The creamed spinach was terrible as the cream stuff, and I say stuff, was poured over the spinach wherever I could find something green. I'm sorry but Stoney River just can't seem to get it right anymore. Even the wine list has changed dramatically and unless you are willing to spend $225 for a bottle of wine, you are going to get something that you will regret afterwards.
- Great experience!Foodie2Dined on 8/1/2014Great service, wonderful food. Highly recommend their steaks and very generous sides! They surprised my husband with a special dessert with a candle for his birthday! A nice evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedChicagolandLuckyDined on 7/25/2014We visit this restaurant often and usually enjoy the food and service. However, this time the food was the worst we've ever had. The steak was a filet that looked more like scrap or sirloin chunk. The fish had many bones and scales left in it. Our server was new; we could tell she was nervous, but we are OK with that. Until she messed up the drink order...twice. We may try back again, but it will not be anytime soon. Sadly, we are back on the hunt for another steakhouse nearby.Special Features:
- amazing dinnermichelleDined on 7/22/2014We loved it here. It was our first time. They are free valet. Everyone was nice amd pleasant. Food was amazing. It is a bit loud but still I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always exceptionalExpectthebestDined on 7/19/2014When I and in Chicago, I always come here. Everything is wonderful and consistent above expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy this timeSoftballGuyDined on 7/15/2014For some reason, they stuck us in the very noisy bar with the dining room wide open. My mistake, should have asked for a quieter spot. Food was excellent, as usual. Server was not very attentive and brought us the wrong bill at the end. This is still our "go-to" spot for the best steaks in the area.Special Features:
- very accommodatingrepeatdinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014my husband was disappointed that the marsala sauce was taken off the menu. But the manager Steve went back and forth from the kitchen to our table with a substitute sauce. It turned out pretty good & the rest of the steaks & salads were the usual perfection!Special Features:
- Great SteakrunnergirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014Stoney River always serves up a tender and tasty steak but our last visit proved to be disappointing in all other aspects. Our server was not good - she talked so fast she could not be understood. She also served our food too fast and was not a good listener. The crab cake appetizer was served cold. The rolls were tough and greasy as if they had been made, left to get cold, and re-fried. Filets were tender and flavorful but mine was served rare instead of medium as ordered. The hash brown potatoes were extremely greasy - I would never order them again. Stick with the au gratins if you visit this restaurant.
- Legendary!!Bnbnme3Dined on 7/11/2014We were thrilled with our first visit here! Our steaks were extraordinary and we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!SteveDined on 7/6/2014There simply is no better place for a great steak and overall fine dining experience! Everything about this restaurant is superb! I've travelled world wide and never had a better meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutwegooutDined on 7/5/2014we make it a point to dine "early" when we want a quiet night out. It works-the restaurant of our choice is usually not too busy, quiet and service is great. Stoney River is one our favorite places to dine. The food is always good and the staff is very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- AMAZINGkkerseyDined on 7/3/2014Third time going to Stony River and it was amazing as always! Love the crab cakes and the coffee-cured filet mignon! I would highly recommend this place for a romantic and/or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backHW33Dined on 6/26/2014I have been a frequent visitor to Stoney River over the years, but unfortunately with my last visit, it will most likely be my last. The prices have increased to the point of ridiculous and the salad I ordered was half the size as it was one month before and at a price of $21 for a salad, it should have been at least a dinner-sized salad. Wait staff and management continues to be excellent as always, but they have priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned. I also noticed I must not be alone in my assessment as in the past this restaurant was always crowded, every table filled with people waiting in the lobby and when were were there for dinner at 6 p.m., the restaurant was mostly empty.
- 1doggieloverinpalatineDined on 6/22/2014Great good! Love the ambience! We were their for our anniversary and had a great dinner! Quiet! Very enjoyable! Would highly recommend their fish entrees. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickVIPDined on 6/21/2014Awesome as usual ! One of the best restaurants in Lake County !Special Features:
- good food! great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014The server, and meal were very good. My wife's filet was over cooked, the manager removed the price of the filet from the bill. That is customer service. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your money here!ArtknoxiousDined on 6/21/2014Overall, I was very disappointed with my experience here. Based on the cost of the food I was expecting much more. The waiter highly recommended the bone in rib eye. It was incredibly tough, fatty and had tendons through out the steak. The skin on the baked potato we ordered was so tough it was inedible. The broccoli side dish that came with the steak was room temperature at best. A drink was ridiculously priced at $10!! Sadly, the best part of the meal was the bread and butter served as we sat down. I have been to Ruth's Chris and Chicago Prime and this place isn't even in the same planet.
- seven64Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a hearty lunch. New French dip is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal!LesterHoltsMustacheDined on 6/15/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Stoney River - the filets were delicious. Thank you to Ben, our server, who was above-and-beyond helpful and made our dining experience one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Everything was good, except apparently we were 2 weeks early for the fish entrees that the new menu will offer.Special Features: