Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Chesterfield
377 Chesterfield Ctr
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Chesterfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6365361301x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Josh Kolz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Chesterfield
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Chesterfield - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Chesterfield reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (56)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (32)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This was my first tripadvisor imitated reservation.the process was flawless. I was on a business trip and was looking for a steak. I was not disappointed. Everyone from our team was impressed and will certainly re visit when we return to the area. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014First visit, for our anniversary dinner. Arrived at our reservation time on the dot, immediately seated, our choice of seating, drink order was nearly immediate but not rushed, drinks were served nearly as quick. Appetizer and dinner orders and arrivals were nearly perfectly timed. All a la carte, similar to Ruth's Chris, but all delicious. Only small complaint was my mashed potatoes, but we took the few leftovers home to save room for dessert...dessert devoured, leftovers enjoyed during following day lunch. Manager stopped by with two glass flutes and champagne and enjoyed a brief introduction and warm welcome shortly after we were seated, which set the tone for the while dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and seafoodChuckDined on 9/15/2014Atmosphere is very nice inside and the service was really good. Our waiter took great care of us. My wife and sister in law both got the coffe seasoned fillet. Both we're let down by the flavor and size. Not a $30 meal by far. I got the "Hong Kong" style sea bass. That was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014It would be appreciated if these restaurants would actually read the comments in the comments section when a reservation is made. We specifically asked for a table away from children, only to have the hostess sit a child two tables away from us. This is an adult themed restaurant so if Stoney River is going to accommodate children, then please put families with children in a section of their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningRelaxingDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful evening at Stoney River Legendary Steaks. The food was cooked to perfection. While slightly pricey definitely worth the splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StlouisgoldenDined on 9/13/2014The steak was very good and one of the best I've had lately. The salad portion was huge and plenty for two to share.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationFoodiesDined on 9/9/2014We have been here many times and have always enjoyed our meal. Unfortunately for tonight's celebration the restaurant was very loud. Had a hard time hearing to carry on a conversation. Rolls were great as always and the Sea Bass was amazing.Special Features:
- A Happy BDay CelebrationJKBHVIPDined on 9/8/2014We really love the food. It is consistently excellent and the steaks are amazing. It is our go-to for family celebrations so we went for a birthday dinner and the food was fabulous as usual. The service is always great and very attentive. We will continue to frequent Stoney River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This place was amazing! My husband had the coffee cured filet and baked potato. I had the New York strip and sweet potato casserole. We also shared the lobster bisque as an appetizer. All the food was awesome! You didn't need steak sauce for these steaks. They were cooked perfectly and just melted in our mouths! I highly recommend this place and we will be taking our families back with us to experience this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall disappointingjlrddsDined on 9/6/2014reservations for 7 at 6:30 pm saturday. seated promptly. waiter very good, helpful. rec onion rings as appetizer, so we ordered those plus 2 other apps. waiter returned and apologized, all out of onion rings. instead substituted housemade chips with blue cheese (n/c). apps good, nothing amazing. caesar salads very spicy/peppery, lobster bisque very spicy--none of this was mentioned on menu or by waiter. 2 people can't tolerate spice, so unfortunate-they could not eat their salads. daughter ordered filet med-rare, came extremely rare. sent back, returned charred and completely overdone (no pink inside at all-looked like leather shoe). parents and mother-in-law treated, i didn't want to complain, overall very disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAtlasDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. The only problem with this place is the other customers rudeness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$$$$$smarcDined on 9/5/2014Pleasantly greeted, service was terrific, food was delicious, drinks were good, evidently slow night so noise was reasonable and plenty of space. Bill was $$$$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSpecialoccasion0830Dined on 8/30/2014Very enjoyable evening with friends. Food was excellent and plentiful with good wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite placesJeriDined on 8/30/2014We love the food, service and atmosphere. The coffee-cured filet is my personal favorite and always cooked the way I like it. The only downside is the noise level. It has a great romantic atmosphere, but the noise can get very loud and that can detract from the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictable qualityFiestaForeverDined on 8/30/2014A nice business casual restaurant with a staff that strives to make you feel special. The first two times I enjoyed their NY Strip and was very pleased. My wife was also happy with her Rib Eye. I have been traveling to Seattle a few times a year and the Scottish Salmon Szechwan style was better than any I have been served up there at twice the price! I recently read of the Fudge cake dessert and it is just a great way to finish a meal. It really can be enough for five people. For me Stoney River is worth the premium price and a great place to take close friends or clients for a memorable dining occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding food and serviceSparkleNistaDined on 8/29/2014Went there to celebrate my parents 44th wedding anniversary! They enjoyed the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic diningblackieDined on 8/23/2014This place is really romantic.once you come in and greeted.everyone was really friendly.the food was great. I had the salmon it was delicious my husband had the prime rib he said it was really tender. I will go back to stoney river again. Great experience!!! Waiter and manager was very nice..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Steak was not as good as we remembered, and it was so noisy that we had a difficult time hearing the waitress. Kale salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...stlfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has been within 2 miles of my home of 5+ years yet this was my first time. I took some out of town business guests and everything was top notch: service, steaks, drinks and clientele. I would highly recommend for business or personal dinners.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014The Thai salad was removed from the menu. It was the main reason and hope for our Dinner.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencePlenTPakDined on 8/16/2014Great dining experience all around. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Food was excellent. Coffee-cured filet was fantastic. It was even interesting to watch them handle the pass in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak housesalleeDined on 8/16/2014This has become our favorite restaurant to go to for steak. Their steak has been consistently good each time we come. I even like my steak well done, which I know chefs frown upon, and it is still always done to perfection and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were greeted immediately upon arrival and seated and given menus right away. Our server came to our table, introduced himself and asked if he could get us anything or if we had questions. I am lactose intolerant and he checked right away to let me know which foods already had dairy and which ones could be prepared without dairy. He and other servers checked with us several times before and after we received our food to see if we needed anything. This was our second time at Stoney River and just as the first time our food was cooked properly and seasoned perfectly. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great west county steak house!Savychick1Dined on 8/11/2014Took our family for dinner and had great steaks and great service. Recommend the 7oz filet oscar style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Best Steak I have had in a long time. If this doesn't reach 50 characters I guess you wont accept it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful dinner for my birthday celebration. Excellent wait staff.Special Features:
- Never dsappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Great food and great service. Two picky eaters in my family and they were both very impressed on with the selections they had made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever eaten!patnkatDined on 7/27/2014I am not a big steak eater, but my husband is. It was his birthday so his choice. I had a steak kebob with the steak pieces marinated in a coffee, brown sugar and molasses mixture. This was so yummy. The flavor was simply wonderful. My husband was very pleased with his steak as well. We are already planning to return with another couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all around!WelldoneDined on 7/20/2014From the sever knowing the menu and having fantastic recommendations, to taking care of us in everyway possible! Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The Chef does not know how to cook a steak to well done. More carbon than meat was left.
- ExcellentglobalfoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food and vibe was outstanding! We will be back...weekly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for steak!Themo4Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have lived in Chesterfield for 3 years now and we have always passed this place going to the mall. We decided to give it a try for our 18th wedding anniversary and it didn't disappoint. The service was great and the steak was amazing. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great food, generous portions!Giggles1027Dined on 7/11/2014We recently took family members to Stoney River as a thank you for house-sitting for us. Although the five of us ordered our food at the same time, the food was brought to three members of the party and then there was a wait before the waiter told us that the two other meals would come out later. One of the meals brought out later was the special of the day, and it was soon evident that it was the day's special dinner that was the problem. When it finally came it was not cooked correctly. The good news is that a quick follow-up call to the manager, our bill was corrected and we were not charged for that meal. The food of the other four guests was amazing, and generous portions guaranteed leftovers to take home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a special occasionMML51Dined on 7/11/2014Priced a little bit on the high side, but good steaks (especially the coffee cured one). Good, friendly service and a great place for a special occasion (was there before a show for my husband's birthday). I have also been there with my team on business and it's a great place for a group dinner as well. Good wine choices too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Celebration.RD35Dined on 7/7/2014We were treated like royalty. Free champagne & desert. The prime rib and potato casserole were outstanding and the staff was very attentive. This is a great place to celebrate any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!brad024Dined on 6/22/2014Great service and great food. You can't do better than Stone River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerlizzard1Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I chose Stoney River to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! It could not have been any better. The food was excellent as well as the service. Manager even brought us a champagne toast to celebrate!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful Father's Day Celebration!JKBHVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our service and food made our day perfect and my husband loved it! Our steaks was grilled to perfection and our waiter was attentive but not annoying. We definitely will return to Stoney River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Not family friendly so it didn't matter how food tastedSpecial Features:
- Anniversary visitDrNDUDined on 6/14/2014Not much of a welcome from the receptionist but we were seated fairly promptly. Some confusion over waiters; he finally came and apologized. After that service was okay but not exceptional. Very quiet voice; didn't visit table very often. Appreciated that the staff knew it was our anniversary and the little cake and candle were a nice touch. Our friends enjoyed their food also. We've visited about 10 times now, and know the coffee cured steaks will be special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.