Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta
1640 Cumberland Mall SE
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6783059229x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Phil Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)good for groups (54)romantic (47)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Good but not greatJimODined on 8/29/2014I've eaten here a few times - usually it's very good, but this visit was not as good as previous visits. Steak was undercooked and two of our guests said theirs was over spiced. They have taken down a wall in the dining room to open the place up but all it really accomplished was making the place MUCH louder. Too loud in my opinion.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Seated quickly (had a reservation), ambiance was pleasant, wait staff was attentive, price was respectable for lunch for 3. The restaurant is located in the same plaza as cheesecake factory, ted's montana grill, pf chang and maggiano's. It is definitely the most pleasant of the choices as far as noise control is concerned. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BESTmrddieselDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this location. The whole dining experience was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakCharliepDined on 8/13/2014We experienced wonderful professional service and a meal prepared perfectly. I had the NY Strip and it was an outstanding cut, prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Foodie SurpriseHotlantaDined on 8/9/2014I reserved a table for 4 people. Stoney River was selected because of its close proximity to the Cobb Performing Arts Center where we were going to see a play. We had an early reservation (5:00) because of our 7:00 theatre seating. We use to be avid diners at the Stoney River located near 41. We had an awful meal there one evening and decided to remove it from our dining list. Imagine our surprise at the wonderful experience we had at the Cobb location. Our waiter (Jonathan) was great; he attended to our every need. Everyone in our party was highly satisfied with their dinner. We had varied entrees ranging from prime rib to crab cakes to baby back ribs. Don't forget a out those little rolls. We'll go again.Special Features:
- Great night!YummoVIPDined on 8/8/2014Delicious! Great service! It is our if to if we want to unwind and have a good steak without driving all the way into buckhead. The quality and service are both consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RappCarDined on 7/29/2014Good place for lunch meeting, quiet enough to have a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLUDEVILDined on 7/26/2014Went for our 11 year wedding anniversary and was very pleased with our server, the food and the entire restaurant.Special Features:
- Coffee on a Steak! Who knew!1FiletfanaticDined on 7/25/2014Excellent service from the moment we walked through the door. The dinner rolls were AMAZING! Best way to describe them is an amazing yeast roll pocreated with a glazed donut hole from dunkin donuts! They are that good. My wife had the grilled salmon, Szechuan style and said it was awesome. I had the 10oz coffee crusted filet and it was Heavenly. Hands down the best steak I've ever had. Cooked to absolute perfection. I was full halfway through it but could not stop eating it. Our server was great as well! Throughout the evening, We were never without. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris, Morton's, etc. They cannot begin to compare! This will be a go to for us! Highly recommend Stoney River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 7/22/2014I have eaten at Soney's at both locations many, many times. Our office has had its Christmas party there for the last 6 years. Service is always good, waiters/waitresses are always very frinedly and the food is always prepared professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEGENDARY FIND :-)spoiled2perfectionDined on 7/19/2014First time visitor with a party of ten to celebrate daughter's 30th birthday...awesome experience, food was excellent, service top notch... Everything ordered from seafood to steaks were cooked to perfection and the ambience was great. We are now spoiled since we now know what a real aged-to-perfection grilled steak tastes like without breaking the bank...we will definitely be going back. Thanks Stoney River!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Tastes Bait and SwitchbamboozzledatstoneyriverDined on 7/19/2014Onion Soup-too salty Order mix-up- a steak sandwich instead of the steak dinner. It came very late of course. (where was manager?). Ribs were terrible and chocolate cake not cake seen in advertisement online. (suspicious but, fair) Sweet tea not sweet and a little watery. All who ordered burgers said they were delicious. Everyone who ordered steak enjoyed them. I would not recommend this place for special occasions because of delivery, tastes and bait and switch.
- Date NightMDubDined on 7/18/2014Had a great time on a Friday date night. The lighting was low, the service was good, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Not all change is goodRoniDined on 7/17/2014Quite a big change from the last time I dined there. They did some redesign and took down room partitions. The noise level is horrible. We had a hard time carrying on a conversation. The food is good and our service was great but not a place for a quiet dinner anymore.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLEluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014From start to finish, everything was absolutely incredible and the coffee cured steak and prime rib were to die for!!! So perfectly prepared and exactly what we were looking forward to!! They never disappoint! A must if you're looking for a great steak and an extremely reasonable pricing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKSaturdayDiningDebacleDined on 7/12/2014The seats in the booth were very low making it uncomfortable. they did provide a cushion for me to sit on but only after talking with 4 people. For the price I would have expected better.Special Features:
- excellent steakssdillarDined on 7/9/2014As a first timer I enjoyed the food. My server seemed ungenuine she attempted to be happy it came off as creepy at times. But her intention was to remain a good mood but she forgot 15th most important reason for my coming (my mom birthday) I even told her and she said ok but she did not act on the request so o knew she had not heard me. I went to the manager and reminded her she conveyed the message thankfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrMacDined on 7/7/2014Very good selection of steaks and cuts. Cooked exactly as ordered with no steak sauce or additional seasoning reqired. Also, salads were large and delicious...enough for two in fact. Although a bit pricey, I would recommend this restaurant to friends and colleagues.Special Features:
- luvgoodfoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014This experience was ok. The Atlanta location felt crowded and the menu was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Stoney RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Our party of six enjoyed our dinner honoring one of us on his birthday. The food was delicious and the service was very good. Would recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryanniversarydinnerDined on 6/28/2014A very good dinner. Great wait staff. They even gave us a free desert for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before movvieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Me and my boyfriend have been here before. The first visit was great. The food was hot and tastey. This time we ordered the chips for an appetizer, which were not good at all. The chips were spoiled. I ordered the salmon and jasmine rice. The rice was over cooked. The restaurant was not busy at the time so wondering why the food was not cooked properly. This was not a good visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and poor serviceSethworldDined on 6/16/2014I like the food at Stoney River, but unfortunately the service has become poor. Special needs were not accommodated, even when it could be easily done. The wait staff was rude and unwilling to help.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I had made reservations online and 15-20 minutes within arriving we were seated. We had excellent service not to mention great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieSDDined on 6/15/2014The service was great, we were served promptly despite the crowds. The food was okay perhaps I did enjoy the poppy seed biscuits with the sweet butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DynamicPMarsdenDined on 6/15/2014This was my first dining experience at Stoney River and I was pleased with the price, the service and the ambience. Although it was Father's day and they were busy my server was very attentive and had a wonderful personality. I will be dining there again and I am now in the process of planning my birthday dinner there with about 30 of my close family and friends. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice visitLuvSteaksDined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's Day. We had reservations and was seated right away. Overall it was a nice visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014My family has dined here on several occasions, and we always enjoy the food and ambience.Special Features:
- Great FoodLovingLifeDined on 6/15/2014Great service! I booked our Father's Day reservations several weeks in advance just to make sure we were accommodated. I was given a call from the resturant to verify our reservations. I really appreciated the confirmation call.Special Features:
- The service was really good.SkyDinnerDined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed the food and the service was very good. The floor manager came over and was nice. He even offered food to take home. It was a pleasurable meal with the family, thks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Restaurantdelighted4delectablesDined on 6/14/2014This was my third time dining at Stoney River. We celebrated my graduation there last year this time, and the menu appeared to offer more then than this time. The food was good, but could have been seasoned more. Our server was pleasant but slow.Special Features:
- Repeat Customer!MDubDined on 6/11/2014Stoney River was an excellent selection for a birthday celebration. Everyone enjoyed their steaks that were cooked correctly the first time! The large booth accommodated all 6 of us comfortably. Our server provided great care to our needs.Special Features:
- Amazing PlaceAndrewKDined on 6/7/2014Everything about this place is great, one of the best Filey Mignons out there, crab cake had plenty of Crab in it! Champagne was popped at the table and they kept on bringing drinks! Overall a great experience! I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys high end food!Special Features:
- great food but very noisydiningjunkieDined on 6/7/2014The prime rib that I had was almost melt-in-your-mouth good. We were seated very close to the open kitchen, so there was noise from there as well as the dining area. Pricey, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Blade Show SteakbladeshowsteakDined on 6/7/2014Reservations were made 3 days prior to arrival for 7PM on Sat. 6/7/14. Our party of 4 was seated at 7:25 with apologies from staff. Although the food was excellent, service was slow. It seems that staff was not prepared for the business they encountered. Staff was more than courteous.Special Features:
- L18mDined on 6/7/2014The food and service was very good. The room is a little noisy for 3'people to have a nice conversation. We were practically shouting to speak with each other. A steak house usually is quieter. Our server was very respectful, efficient and polite. Our steaks were cooked perfectly! We would go back but ask for a quiet table if they have one. The bar was hopping!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased and fullmzBluDined on 6/6/2014The bread is to for for. The food was excellent nothing was sent back (i am a sender backer). I was pleased with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/4/2014Service was excellent. Party of four. Steaks cooked to perfection. 3 of 4 of us ordered baked potatoes which were not thoroughly cooked. The spinach was gritty. Didn't say anything. We were entertaining clients and didn't want to make a scene.
- Love The SteakflygirlVIPDined on 6/2/2014Atmosphere is hard wood modern. Service was great. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedTryingnewplacesDined on 6/1/2014New in town and looking to try out all of the recommended "hot spots". This place came recommended by my hotel as one of the better steak places in town. I took my wife to this place on a Sunday around 8:00 PM and got seated right away. Unfortunately we were seated with our booth up against the open kitchen when 95% of the restaurant was empty. Table was very noisy with all of the all of the employee chatter. My wife and I both ordered a small filet done Med. My steak came out rare and hers Med Rare. I sent mine back to be cooked up some and it then came back out burned on the outside Rare to Med Rare on the inside. Baked potato wasn't done on the inside. Drink service was slow. For the money, I would go somewhere else...