Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta
1640 Cumberland Mall SE
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 6783059229x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Phil Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)good for groups (38)romantic (37)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Our waitress was awesome: attentive, timely and friendly. I tipped her 50 bucks (20%)Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014The lobster was not cooked long enough and my steak was cooked too long. I ordered med rare and it was medium well. Maybe they had a bad night but at this point I cannot recommend it to others.
- The BestluvStoneyRiverDined on 10/12/2014The best prime rib and rolls in the area!!! Always friendly and very professional.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014The waiter and the manager provided a sincere care of what being asked and should be in the ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Great Prime Rib! Delightful service. Nice all around!Special Features:
- Slow service and expensiveDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014We arrived at this place expecting a nice dinner. The service was very slow. It seemed that when you asked for something, that was somebody else that needed to get that for you so we would wait. For the price, I could get a better steak at Longhorn or Outback for a third of the price. We won't be going back.
- Birthday and Grandchild CelebrationdiningwfriendsDined on 10/4/2014We came to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and the birth 2 days earlier of our first grandchild, a granddaughter. The experience was wonderful. Aaron, our favorite waiter of all time, was so attentive. A visit by the manager on duty, David, as well as Corey, made the great night spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRaytonDined on 10/3/2014I had a great service during dinner there. It was my first time and the waiter made sure we enjoyed what the best they had to offer. I had the ribeye and it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!Brandon2014Dined on 10/1/2014Awesome service & great foods for special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDelijaVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great steaks. Had a group of 5, all of us from Texas visiting Atlanta. Everybody had a great, perfectly grilled steak. Will visit again when in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early afternoon Birthday DinnerBimmingallthewayDined on 9/28/2014Dined for birthday with family and friends. We were greeted promptly by the hostess and taken to our table. Our waiter greeted us promptly and offered to take drink orders. We ordered a bottle of wine and were allowed to taste the wine since we were not sure which wine we wanted. Once we decided on the bottle, it took about 10 minutes for the wine to be served (seemed a bit long). Our appetizers (tempura lobster tail, crab cakes, and egg rolls) were served promptly and were delicious. The lobster tail was exceptional...crab cakes were good, but had more mayonnaise than I really like. I ordered the coffee rubbed filet mignon, loaded baked potato and spinach. All were delicious. Pecan trout, fried shrimp, and chicken entrees were good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great for my out of town guest. I am a regular customer and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Me the wife enjoyed a nice quiet dinner and drinks. We were able to reserve our table online and walked right in. The VIP treatment continued as our waiter was great. The steaks were awesome. The fireplace and atmosphere made it a great place to unwind on Friday and have good conversation with my love. She really enjoy her steak and ate the whole thing. This is a first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLakali01Dined on 9/26/2014The service was great. For our appetizer we had the whiskey shrimp on country toast. It was delicious. We also had the tempura fried lobster tail, equally delicious. For the main dish, I had the filet medallions with a crab cake. The crab cake was great, full of crab and little filler, however my filet was dry and overcooked. My husband also had the filet medallions and his was dry and overcooked as well. Overall most of the food was good and the service was good so we will probably go back and order something other than the filet.Special Features:
- Great Service, Food went downhillduderonomyDined on 9/20/2014I found that on my most recent visit to Stoney River, the food quality was obviously lower than it was last time (and the prices seem to have gone up a bit - it's been about a year since my last visit, which was the John's Creek location). The service was excellent as usual, albeit a bit lengthy between visits by the waiter this time when compared to last time. Don't get me wrong, it was still really good, just not as good as last visit. Hopefully this is a fluke that will not repeat itself.Special Features:
- 2foodiesDined on 9/20/2014Great prime rib and ribeye! Best augratin potatoes in Atlanta! If you like blue cheese dressing on your salad they make the best in town!Special Features:
- Cobb Restaurant Week ExperienceCindyluVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very good service. Great Food offered during Cobb Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- great eaving!!!vegansDined on 9/19/2014great nite with friends. vegan menu was on the moneySpecial Features:
- Cobb Restaurant weekfoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014saw it in the Cobb magazine. Looked all over for a website. Googled it and looked for a website. Finally on the last day I found the website with the menu of the pre-selected 3 course meals. I looked on open table and couldn't find any menu for Cobb Restaurant week. We finally arrived and the waiter didn't know what I was talking about and had to go find the special menu. The food is always very good but it wasn't anything special or wow about the selection of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014We had just received our soup then the entrée came right after. I asked for my soup to go so my meal would not get cold. Our server was excellent, I'm not sure why this error happened. BTW, we did not wait a long time for the soup either, perhaps the kitchen got ahead of it self.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Awesome staff and GREAT manager These people know what great hosting meansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KellyDined on 9/12/2014Absolutely the best steak! All food was prepared and cooked perfectly. Excellent wait staff, my drink was never empty before receiving another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OmarDined on 9/11/2014The service and the food where great! We had a reservation for 10 people and 5 more showed up. They were extremely accommodating.Special Features:
- Great foodPcdawgDined on 9/6/2014I went there with my wife and 6 friends. The food was amazing and setting was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJimODined on 8/29/2014I've eaten here a few times - usually it's very good, but this visit was not as good as previous visits. Steak was undercooked and two of our guests said theirs was over spiced. They have taken down a wall in the dining room to open the place up but all it really accomplished was making the place MUCH louder. Too loud in my opinion.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Seated quickly (had a reservation), ambiance was pleasant, wait staff was attentive, price was respectable for lunch for 3. The restaurant is located in the same plaza as cheesecake factory, ted's montana grill, pf chang and maggiano's. It is definitely the most pleasant of the choices as far as noise control is concerned. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BESTmrddieselDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this location. The whole dining experience was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakCharliepDined on 8/13/2014We experienced wonderful professional service and a meal prepared perfectly. I had the NY Strip and it was an outstanding cut, prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Foodie SurpriseHotlantaDined on 8/9/2014I reserved a table for 4 people. Stoney River was selected because of its close proximity to the Cobb Performing Arts Center where we were going to see a play. We had an early reservation (5:00) because of our 7:00 theatre seating. We use to be avid diners at the Stoney River located near 41. We had an awful meal there one evening and decided to remove it from our dining list. Imagine our surprise at the wonderful experience we had at the Cobb location. Our waiter (Jonathan) was great; he attended to our every need. Everyone in our party was highly satisfied with their dinner. We had varied entrees ranging from prime rib to crab cakes to baby back ribs. Don't forget a out those little rolls. We'll go again.Special Features:
- Great night!YummoVIPDined on 8/8/2014Delicious! Great service! It is our if to if we want to unwind and have a good steak without driving all the way into buckhead. The quality and service are both consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RappCarDined on 7/29/2014Good place for lunch meeting, quiet enough to have a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLUDEVILDined on 7/26/2014Went for our 11 year wedding anniversary and was very pleased with our server, the food and the entire restaurant.Special Features:
- Coffee on a Steak! Who knew!1FiletfanaticDined on 7/25/2014Excellent service from the moment we walked through the door. The dinner rolls were AMAZING! Best way to describe them is an amazing yeast roll pocreated with a glazed donut hole from dunkin donuts! They are that good. My wife had the grilled salmon, Szechuan style and said it was awesome. I had the 10oz coffee crusted filet and it was Heavenly. Hands down the best steak I've ever had. Cooked to absolute perfection. I was full halfway through it but could not stop eating it. Our server was great as well! Throughout the evening, We were never without. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris, Morton's, etc. They cannot begin to compare! This will be a go to for us! Highly recommend Stoney River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 7/22/2014I have eaten at Soney's at both locations many, many times. Our office has had its Christmas party there for the last 6 years. Service is always good, waiters/waitresses are always very frinedly and the food is always prepared professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEGENDARY FIND :-)spoiled2perfectionDined on 7/19/2014First time visitor with a party of ten to celebrate daughter's 30th birthday...awesome experience, food was excellent, service top notch... Everything ordered from seafood to steaks were cooked to perfection and the ambience was great. We are now spoiled since we now know what a real aged-to-perfection grilled steak tastes like without breaking the bank...we will definitely be going back. Thanks Stoney River!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Tastes Bait and SwitchbamboozzledatstoneyriverDined on 7/19/2014Onion Soup-too salty Order mix-up- a steak sandwich instead of the steak dinner. It came very late of course. (where was manager?). Ribs were terrible and chocolate cake not cake seen in advertisement online. (suspicious but, fair) Sweet tea not sweet and a little watery. All who ordered burgers said they were delicious. Everyone who ordered steak enjoyed them. I would not recommend this place for special occasions because of delivery, tastes and bait and switch.
- Date NightMDubDined on 7/18/2014Had a great time on a Friday date night. The lighting was low, the service was good, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Not all change is goodRoniDined on 7/17/2014Quite a big change from the last time I dined there. They did some redesign and took down room partitions. The noise level is horrible. We had a hard time carrying on a conversation. The food is good and our service was great but not a place for a quiet dinner anymore.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLEluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014From start to finish, everything was absolutely incredible and the coffee cured steak and prime rib were to die for!!! So perfectly prepared and exactly what we were looking forward to!! They never disappoint! A must if you're looking for a great steak and an extremely reasonable pricing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKSaturdayDiningDebacleDined on 7/12/2014The seats in the booth were very low making it uncomfortable. they did provide a cushion for me to sit on but only after talking with 4 people. For the price I would have expected better.Special Features: