Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Annapolis
2190 Annapolis Mall
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 4102248312x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Sisselman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Annapolis
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (43)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Another Good Times @ Stoney RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Another of many good experiences with Stoney River's service and food. Its quite a surprise to enter the restaurant from the busy mall you'll find Stoney Rivers atmosphere is much calmer, slower paced. If you like steak this is the right place for you. The seating is spaced just right so you're not bumping into other dinner's and you aren't hearing there conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksTonksDined on 8/23/2014I had a craving for an excellent steak so I decided to take my family to Stoney River. All our steaks were cooked to order, which is very rare to find (no pun intended). I always order my steaks medium rare which should be warm through the middle with a hint of red. Most of the center of the steak should be pink. The sides should be well browned, the top and bottom charred to a dark brown color. This steak should have a firm surface but soft in the middle. This was exactly how the steak was served! If you call yourself a steakhouse, it is naturally expected that you know how to cook a steak. Stoney River certainly knows how to deliver an excellent steak!Special Features:
- Great steak in a warm environmentAnnapolisJaneDined on 8/19/2014Stoney River is an excellent place for a quality dinner. The food is always perfectly prepared and presented. We have never gotten beyond the steak choices on the menu because they are fantastic, and it is a nice touch that a choice of potatoes is included. We also are big fans of the little donut-y rolls with honey butter. We usually round out our meals by splitting one of the enormous salads (love the wedge!) and an equally huge dessert. The wine menu also offers nice choices. All in all a great choice for a cut-above-ordinary dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a fantastic restaurant.FoodieatHeartVIPDined on 8/19/2014I have never been dissapointed at this restaurant. It is absolutely fabulous. I love the ribs, steak and those french fries. If you want to be sure that your dining experience will be exceptional then make a reservation for at this restaurant. My kids are picky teens but they really like this place. My mother comes to town and always wants to dine here during her stay. The staff is so professional and attentive. One of my top five restaurants in the DC, MD, VA area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale version of OutbackSteveinANPVIPDined on 8/16/2014This place is LOUD! The couch seating in front of the gas fireplace is neat but very uncomfortable to eat on. Also the location is odd as couches would be better suited in the bar area than in the dining room. They should be replaced with a set that has a shallower seat cushion so it'll be more comfortable than using pillows. The decor is the new contemporary standard: clean lines, dark colors and dimly lit (I had to use my flashlight app just to read the menu). The dress code isn't necessary because there were patrons wearing jean shorts and T-shirts. Now for the steaks. I had the Ribeye and it was perfectly done. The mushroom side was delicious as well. The only complaint I have was the amount of pepper in everything: far too much!Special Features:
- PickyeaterDined on 8/9/2014My son wanted a steak dinner when we took him out to celebrate a special occasion. We chose this one based on reviews and price. The menu had good variety and the food was decent. The server was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Throughly enjoyed the whole experience. Great food. Great service. Great ambience.Special Features:
- Dinner Out at Stoney RiverGMnMDDined on 8/6/2014This is my second visit to Stoney River. I am not normally a red meat eater; however, Stoney has a Filet Mignon that is great. They marinate it in molasses and coffee. The ambience is very sophisticated and elegant. My remaining party really enjoyed their steaks and I can say the entire dinner was outstanding from the appetizer to dessert. This will become a mainstay for me when I wish to eat a steak.Special Features:
- Outstanding in ALL AspectsMDdinnersDined on 8/4/2014This was our first time dining in at the Stoney River Legendary Steak Restaurant in Annapolis. I booked a table ahead for our Anniversary. The food was outstanding, the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was great! What a gem that we didn't even know existed. We will be going back again. P.S. order the Tenderloin it was very tender and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanmaDined on 8/3/2014The food was fantastic. Melt in your mouth Steaks. They made sure we got the table we requested and even turned on the Fireplace for us to add to the ambiance. The service was excellent as well. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Server was greatGreatserverDined on 7/31/2014Service was great, food was very good and quick. Price was right, many return tripsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksfun4allDined on 7/29/2014Our group of four each ordered the filet. Each steak could be cut with a fork and was delicious. The waitress was extremely helpful. There was no lag time in the service. Wonderful place for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pick!JWoodDined on 7/27/2014The resturant was recommended by my youngest son, who eats out alot! Great pick!! We had a family celebration there on a Sunday evening. It was not crowded at the time. Tim our waiter was great! Most importantly, the food was very good, even one of our family members had to send something back, it was taken care of graciously. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth itprfctstrmDined on 7/25/2014Drove up from DC to meet a group of friends here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great people, atmosphere and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakGourmanVIPDined on 7/20/2014We have been here on more than 3 different occasions. We always enjoy the service which is very good. The food is prepared to our spec's as we like. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently yummychicagogirlDined on 7/19/2014Stoney River has become a go to restaurant when we have a desire for good steak and are in a region that has a Stoney River location. On a recent vacation we were driving from Virginia to Baltimore to fly home and were thrilled to find this location in Annapolis. We went home with very happy tummies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mugsy123Dined on 7/13/2014We went to Stony River for our anniversary. Our server was very friendly and courteous. My husband ordered the steak and loved it, even more then he loves the steaks at Lewnes Restaurant. In fact, he says he wants to come to Stony River rather then go to Lewnes Restaurant. My daughter ordered the prime rib and also loved that. This also is her favorite restaurant. I ordered the tomatoes with the cheese and basil. It was light and perfect for me. We will definitely be going back to Stony River. Two thumb up.Special Features:
- Good Meal with no wait SaturdayNRC1927Dined on 7/12/2014With most restaurants very crowded and not offering reservations; we selected Stony River; excellent meal and service.Special Features:
- Great DinnerDineout2muchDined on 7/9/2014We had dinner for 6 at 7 pm - had a great server in Adam - great greeting and explanation of specials for the night - we had salad and an appetizer and drinks -- all delivered correctly and at a good pace as we were visiting with each other and taking our time to converse. Specials, steak, prime rib - all excellent and delivered together - desert (along with a birthday comp desert) also great -- overall outstanding time and would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great SteaksMacblazeDined on 7/6/2014The service and the food was outstanding. They arranged a special room for our large group for a birthday party and the staff was fast and attentive and the food was just amazing. If you have a chance you should go worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedFoodie71Dined on 6/27/2014I took my husband for our 1st anniversary. I had always wanted to try it and I thought that would be a good time. I didn't expect the food to be so good! Me and my husband both agreed that the food AND the prices were better than Ruth Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent steakLuv2dine8080VIPDined on 6/22/2014For the price the food was pretty good. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOlgaDined on 6/20/2014Exceeded my expectations. Food was great and atmosphere was also lovely. My server was very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY AMAZINGDizzyManDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant is OUTSTANDING!!! It's a great thing to come to a place where every part of the meal is wonderful. From the service when you walk in, throughout the dining, and when you leave, (everything and I mean everything was perfect). Thank you for making my lady's birthday successful. She absolutely loved it and we will be there again. Thank you....Special Features:
- judy19VIPDined on 6/15/2014Restaurant has gone done hill big time! Meat was tough, husbands was sent back(improperly cooked 3TIMES with no apology or reduction in cost, had to get manager to honor coupon, waiter was hassled and abrasive, obviously did not like his job. What a huge disappointment. This restaurant is cutting corners and has totally lost its management .
- Experience was okFoodisGoodDined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's Day. The restaurant was understandably crowded so the service was quite slow even to get drinks. The food was good but over priced.
- A Special Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I could not have ask for a better fathers day experience with my daughter. The staff was courteous and friendly, the service was quick and professional and the food was awesome! My father's day experience was priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great service!JeepWolfDined on 6/15/2014We recently tried Stoney River for the first time on Father's Day. The staff was excellent and accommodating to the needs of our party of five. We dined in the Executive Room, which provided a little extra privacy. The food was excellent and we found the portions size to be more than enough. We look forward to dinning there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dine.MooreReviewsDined on 6/14/2014We are regulars, and enjoy the food, ambiance and service every time we dine at Stoney River. The manager on staff (no matter which person it is) is always affable and sincere! We love this restaurant! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentjisaacDined on 6/7/2014I have not had the opportunity to go to Stoney River For The Past 2 Years. As usual the food was excellence and the choices abundant. The French onion soup actually has gotten even better than before. I really like this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakGourmanVIPDined on 6/1/2014We have been here several times already. The food was prepared as we requested. Our server was very attentive he was always there when we needed anything. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningJaneA1Dined on 5/25/2014We've been here a few times before. The coffee cured steak is great. The management as changed, I believe, since the last time we were there. The food was still great, but the service was just okay this time. It was clear that she wasn't really listening to us- evidenced by the extra questions as well as another drink even though my boyfriend said that he was done because he was driving. It was a slow Sunday night on Memorial Day weekend so maybe that's why the food seemed rushed out as well. Although, that could have been the waitress and not the kitchen. Overall it was still a pleasant evening with delicious food and drinks.Special Features:
- Great Graduation PartyUMUCGrad2014Dined on 5/17/2014My graduation party was held here. We had a party of 9. The food and service was excellent!! Our server was very attentive. Everyone was very pleased. Thank you, Stoney River - Annapolis and keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was our third visit and the service, food, and atmosphere were top rate. Looking forward to a fourth return.Special Features:
- Exceptional as AlwaysJimandGinnaDined on 5/16/2014We save the dinning exerience for specail occasions because the food and service is always exceptional. Upon arrival we didn't have to wait and were seated right away. We asked for the fireplace seating even though it is not guaranteed and were able to have the best fireplace seating in the house. Our waiter was attentive and we were never without bread (Stone Puppies) or drink. The food was awesome.The meals were prepared just right and each of us enjoyed our dinners. This is the type of resturant you can recommend to friends to celebrate a special occasion and they will come back and thank you!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLive2EatDined on 5/16/2014Food service and environment excellent. Only my second time but I enjoyed it so much I brought along some friends. They will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serverGreatDineMDDined on 5/15/2014I sent my parents to stoney river for their wedding anniversary and they had nothing but excellent things to say about their food. Even better comments about their server Greg. He was amazing, polite and courteous too them. I have also been to stoney river Annapolis and have nothing but excellent things to say. The ambiance is amazing both inside and outside. I will definitely be back soon enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerastonefaceDined on 5/11/2014We had reservations but waited for about 15 minutes. No problem. Our table was comfortable for a family of four and didn't feel too close to nieghboring tables. Very happy with the service. Our waiter was attentive throughout and anticipated needs. Everyone tried a different entry. My wife doesn't hesitate to send her plate back if it's not just right but she was very pleased and that was the kind of response I wanted on Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodredaemDined on 5/11/2014Have been here many times. The food is always delicious and the specials are very good. This is our favorite steak place.Special Features:
- Very averageMelodyDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Stoney River before and again for Mother's Day because we could get reservations, but even after the 3rd visit...it still remains just average. Nothing to brag about, nothing to say "you have to try...", the food was just "there". My son placed his order and was told the were out of the item he ordered 3 times. I know it was Mother's Day, but you would think this would be planned. It wasn't a special, it was 3 items right off the menu. I've waited to leave a review because I don't like leaving negative reviews. Seems people are eager to tell about the negative and not the positive. But I can't do it. $150 bill for 2 adults and 2 children (who did order smaller items from the regular menu). I just can't recommend.