Stoney Brook Grille
1285 New Jersey 28
Branchburg, NJ 08876Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stoney Brook Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stoneybrookgrille.com/
- Phone: 9087250011
- Hours of Operation:
Open: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Stoney Brook Grille is pleased to offer off-premise catering, bringing the same high quality culinary experience you’ve come to expect from our restaurant directly to you. Whether you’re hosting a cocktail party, celebrating a special life moment, planning a wedding or corporate event, we cater to high expectations and can accommodate your every need. In your home, at the office, school, or backyard, our catering professionals are experts at creating an exceptional dining experience.
A word from Stoney Brook Grille
We begin with the belief that sharing a meal is one of life’s most simple and essential joys. At its heart, dining is about friends and family gathered around the table. Inspired by the seasons and the finest local ingredients, our talented chefs have crafted our menu offerings to showcase the marriage of modern American cuisine with Mediterranean, South Western and Asian influences. The mix is both spectacular and unique; the best of what we aspire to be. From appetizers to desserts, imaginative presentation and exceptional taste characterize Stoney Brook Grille’s dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Stoney Brook Grille - Best Restaurants in Branchburg ›
Stoney Brook Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (22)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (13)romantic (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Joe52VIPDined on 8/16/2014Service was excellent, great interior/exterior design, and food-wise, very good. Prices on menu were surprizingly low... we received more than we paid for! We will return.Special Features:
- College Kid Home for VisitDonkeyFordDined on 8/13/2014The food overall was pretty good as was the service. The soup was disappointing. It was supposed to be Chicken Veg with dumplings. Initially served without dumplings, when this was pointed out to the server, it was replaced with a bowl of soup with ONE dumpling!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaDined on 8/10/2014The food, is outstanding, the decor outstanding, the noise level - horrible. While having Sunday brunch buffet, the restaurant was half occupied. The noise level was so bad, we finally finished eating and went outside to talk. The accustics seem to be the problem. We were watching around the room and noticed that the largest party was six people, there were no children at the time. I really hope the noise level can be corrected because the decor is beautiful and food is awesome, it would be nice to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney Brook GrilleJIM43NJDined on 7/31/2014Great Neighborhood spot for a quick Gourmet Burger or an enjoyable sit down Prime Steak or Fresh Seafood Dinner....they do both very well here. Service is top notch!Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchNormaSDined on 7/13/2014I have been to the Stoney Brook Grill a number of times for their Sunday Brunch and was never disappointed. In fact, I have recommended it to friends. My most recent visit was with friends who had never been there and they commented on how nice the restaurant was and enjoyed the brunch. I have also been there to order off the regular menu and was very pleased with the food and service. The value, price to quality and portion, is also great. I have never been disappointed. Sunday brunch is crowded and the noise level a bit high but it's still a favorite of mine.Special Features:
- Friendly service - great foodDiningoutDined on 7/13/2014This was my first visit to Stoney Brook Grille. The buffet was bountiful and really tasty. The wait staff was friendly, courteous, and attentive without being obtrusive. I would highly recommend their Sunday brunch. I chose the restaurant as a midway point to meet a group of family members from PA. Everyone raved about how easy the access was to the highway and how great the food was. We will definitely be eating at this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serivcebc9bc14Dined on 7/7/2014very attentive waitress (sorry I forgot her name) for our table of 6Special Features:
- "Business lunch friendly"KarenJDined on 6/30/2014We recently had a group of 8 people at the Stoney Brook Grille for lunch and were greeted with 2 servers to ensure everything was taken care of. The food was delicious, and our reservation was for 1:00pm so there weren't a lot of people in the dining room enabling us to have a discussion without having to yell from one end of the table to the other. We didn't have too many special requests but what we did ask for was graciously handled to our satisfaction. Would definitely recommend SBG for a business meeting.Special Features:
- Noisykittygizzy74Dined on 6/29/2014Food is good, but the place is very noisy, we could barely listen the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no don't come hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014i wouldn't recommend this place,the waitress wasn't friendly, she doesn't belong there doing that kind of work. she ne ver came back to see if we wanted anything else, she was slow, the food was ok, would have been better going to a local diner.
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014I felt the food was excellent and had great choices. The pasta with vodka sauce was very good. It was nice to have vanilla sauce for the bread pudding and it was delicious. I would recommend your facility to everyone.Special Features:
- Not Up To ExpectationscharlieoDined on 6/19/2014I've eaten at the restaurant several times. This last visit was a disappointment. I had BBQ Ribs with a Baked Potato. The potato was undercooked, it took so long for our meal to reach us we were hesitant about sending it back. My friend ordered a daily "special" Beef Tips with Risotto. The Beef was so over cooked it was tasteless, the Risotto was mushy. This meal was a total disappointment. We were seated at 7:30, our meal arrived at our table at 9:00 (no exaggeration). The server was really great, she kept checking on the status of the meal - but let's face it - she wasn't cooking. By the time our food arrived no matter how disappointed we were it was too late to start over or to leave and find a new restaurant.
- Good foodbut service lackingSarahKDined on 6/16/2014Went with group of 8 on a Monday night. Bar was busy but only 2 other tables in our room seated. Our table not ready although reservation made few days in advance. Host and waitress were both very slow and inefficient. We had to ask for everything and then wait... and wait: menus, bread, water, drinks, cheese for pasta, etc. The food itself was very good once we got it. Also, the room was freezing! We all had goosebumps but opted to forgo coffee due to slow service. Fastest response came when I asked for the check. Go figure. Maybe was off night but still disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday BrunchCAS3Dined on 6/15/2014My wife and I enjoy coming after church. The buffet is extensive. The host and the staff very friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Again!BuffetGuyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Once more, Stoney Brook Grille exceeded our expectations. We tried their happy hour, and were deliriously happy with our drinks and bar bites. The bar area was crowded and jovial, with guests really enjoying themselves. Our "bar bites" were a whole flatbread pizza, followed by southwest spring rolls. Then for entrees in the dining room, we had pecan chicken salad with cranberries and big enough to share. This was followed by the special of the day--scallops accompanied by quinoa and grape tomatoes. We were too full for dessert, but they looked enticing. We plan to return soon. And the dining room and bar area were comfortable, modern, and upscale. A beautiful dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good but much too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We found the noise level to be uncomfortably loud which took away from our being able to really enjoy our experience and which is why I would not recommend this restaurant. They need to install sound proofing too dampen the sound. This is unfortunate because we were very satisfied with the food. The ingredients were very fresh,of good quality and tastefully presented. The service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive. We liked the ambience.
- Wonderful all-occasion restaurantSMFitchDined on 6/10/2014I have booked the Stoney Brook Grille for numerous corporate events, from luncheons to dinners to cocktail hours. The service is wonderful, the food delicious, and the venue spot-on for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BuffetGuyVIPDined on 6/1/2014My wife and I have dined at Stoney Brook Grille several times now, and each time it gets better. We ordered several entrees, served one at a time, split for two. The salmon was superb (entree #1), with accompanying vegetables. We followed this with filet mignon, served medium, again with vegetables but this time different ones (so the chef is careful to match entrees only with the appropriate vegetables; this time wilted spinach and potatoes au gratin). The filet mignon was the best we've eaten anywhere--and we mean even at Manhattan steak houses. No gristle. No fat. No tendons. Just succulent beef, perfectly cooked. We can't wait to return to dine again. We'll definitely try brunch, but during the summer, when the crowds thin.Special Features:
- Stoney Brook HeavenBuffetGuyVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our first time at Stoney Brook Grille, and it was wonderful. We had an excellent dinner, beginning with a delicious Sangria, and continuing to spring rolls, then crab cakes, then salmon. We were too full for dessert. Everything was beautifully presented, service cordial, and the atmosphere was lovely. We will definitely return. It was that special!Special Features:
- Brunch is GreatKatieTDined on 5/25/2014This was our second time having brunch at the Stoney Brook Grille & it was another enjoyable experience. Huge selection of both breakfast & lunch choices, including omlet & pasta stations, as well as several options at a carvery station. Lots of yummy desserts, as well. The npise level is a little loud, but the food makes up for it. My one complaint was that the waitress seemed to be pushing us out. Reservation was at 12:30 & brunch ends at 2 pm, but every time she came to our table she asked if that was all. It would have been OK once after dessert, but every time she came to clear our plates she asked, which took away from a nice experience.Special Features:
- Nice but loudNannDined on 5/18/2014The food selection and quality was quite nice but the management placed baby showers and graduation parties in the main room with families dining quietly. It was not very enjoyable due to the noise level and the crowded room.Special Features:
- Needed better explanation on drinksSpiffyDined on 5/11/2014This was our second Mothers day here. The food and the price are right. 2 hours goes fast since that's how long the seatings are on this holiday we would have loved to have stay a little longer which is a compliment. They had a special on mimosa the waitress kept explaining that its 41 plus dollars each person to have all the mimosas we wanted to me that is high for drinks we did not realize until much later that she meant that the brunch was included in that price. We pass on the offer and lost out we did have mimosas at high cost to bad it was not explained better. Over all a good place for brunch any timeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurant!Birthday58Dined on 5/9/2014This was our third or fourth visit to the Stoneybrook Grill...I have never been disappointed with any of the food or drinks, and I look forward to going there again!Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Stoney Brook Grille reviews archive.
- Repeat place - love going here.tenacityVIPDined on 4/22/2014My boyfriend and I went here on our first date 2.5 years ago. I have been coming back since and recommend it to everyone. My sister lives in Branchburg and we meet here for most of our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Food was great, restaurant is beautiful and convenient. They have a great brunch but a little expensive for Easter family gathering, especially the children's price at 10 and below. We had three children at the brunch between the ages of 12 and 14 and none of them ate more than breakfast items so to charge 34.95 for that age range is crazy, we would not come back for this reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hockeymom16Dined on 4/18/2014Googled for restaurants in the area and Stoney Brook Grille was one of five to pop up. Website looked nice so we took a shot, and boy were we glad we did. This was one of the nicest restaurants we have been to. The service was great, the food fantastic and the restaurant itself was beautiful and clean! Will definitely be going back to this wonderful spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service.dnspnrDined on 4/5/2014Good food and great service. Both continue to improve with each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meeting place for friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014beautiful appearance; plenty of parking; varied menu and great service! we all enjoyed our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thought everything wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014We thought everything was great, but it was a little overpriced. We would only go back with a coupon.Special Features:
- Fancy dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2014Nothing more then a fancy diner. Fish was dry. Steak had to be sent back came out cold. Strangest thing they serve water in wine glasses. Small wine galsses at that. Would not recommend.
- ImpressedOdoggDined on 3/1/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were excellent! Long wait times for those not using Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningBaybaby53VIPDined on 2/15/2014First time visiting SBG. Everything was "Good", not great. The space is gorgeous with lots of wood, stone effects and furnishings. It feels like it should be fine dining, but it's not there yet. Attentive, but tentative, service. The salad and appetizer were generous and well prepared, although the temperature of my appetizer was somewhat tepid. Entrees were a large portion and well seasoned. Prices are more approachable that other venues in the area, so that's a plus. We will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We went to this place based off of other reviews and it was awesome. The food was great and also so was the service. Chris was great! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day - convenienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014good service with short notice we were even able to make the movie in plenty of time.Special Features:
- Good Friday night dinnerKellyVIPDined on 1/24/2014The menu offers a wide variety and our waiter was excellent. I will certainly be returning.
- Saturday LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 1/17/2014I can always expect a very good meal with the service to match. Today was no exception. + 4 star quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchica724Dined on 1/12/2014Three of us had brunch this past Sunday and it was a good buy for the price. There was a good variety of foods and they were tasty. The service was also very friendly. We chose not to have the unlimited Mimosa/Bloody Mary option for an additional cost. Instead, the brunch came with unlimited juice, coffee, tea, soda. Imagine our shock when the bill came and we were charged $8.00 extra for two green teas. When questioned, the server said he told us it was unlimited coffee and tea. Did we know that didn't include herbal tea? We should have been told. That's a lot of money for a teabag. It left a bad taste in our mouth for what was otherwise a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Good variety of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2014It has all the different food that will definitely cater to Everybody - vegetarians, meat lover, sweet tooth, etc..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy findOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/9/2014Had the sweetest waiter from Greece and the chef came out to visit definitely will come back again if I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Quality FoodSpinmommyVIPDined on 1/1/2014I don't like to give poor reviews but here goes...We went to Stoney Brook Grill on New Year's Day for lunch with our kids (age 7 and 4). We ordered the uninventive Perogie Nachos. While the flavor was good, it was overwhelming to eat potato and cheese stuffed perogies with cheese on them (and the additional nacho accoutrements). My shrimp scampi pasta had scallops in it that tasted like they grew in run-off from a chemical factory (that's not an exaggeration, it's the best way to describe the "chemically" flavor). The garlic sauce tasted like someone bought a packet of grocery-store, powdered garlic butter sauce and added the required liquid. The only good thing about the meal were the kids' calamari. Even my husband's burger was mediocre.Special Features: