Stonewood Ale House
601 Mall Dr.
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stonewood Ale House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonewoodalehouse.com/
- Phone: 8478050202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Heinz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Stonewood Ale House offers the same great quality food that you find in our restaurant and packages it buffet style to serve at your location, hot and ready to eat. To place a catering order call: 847-805-0202.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy Stonewood Ale House's unique dining experience more by hosting your next event in our private banquet room. The very best of our menu and service dedicated to making your dinner, lunch, business meeting, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or other occasion just perfect. We can accommodate small gatherings of 20 to large groups of 100. Call for details and menu options:847-805-0202 or go to our website: www.stonewoodalehouse.com.
- Private Party Contact: Private Party Information 8478050202
- Entertainment: 1/2 price appetizers 3pm-6pm in the bar Monday-Friday Drink Specials Sunday - Friday
A word from Stonewood Ale House
StoneWood Ale House is the perfect balance between a classic restaurant and a great bar. Since we are independently owned, we are one of the few restaurants that still believes in that “personal touch”. Our guests love the warm stone fireplaces and cozy booth seating. They love the smell of our wood fire grill. They love our large 80 item menu filled with flavorful Slow Roasted Prime Rib, Wood Fired Specialties, Seafood & Pasta and our famous Ale House Burgers. Our menu items have won many awards in Schaumburg. We pride ourselves on having the coldest draft beer possible, served at an icy 31.5 °F! And what we pride ourselves on the most is the personal care and commitment that our guests have come to expect truly making StoneWood Ale House the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Stonewood Ale House - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Stonewood Ale House reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (9)special occasion (7)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great place for appetizers or a meal. Bar can be a little loud but there is separate dining area for quieter meals. If you are a sports fan there are lots of TVs to view from all seats. Very large bar for seating at bar. Love the rail tables that allow you to sit and face the bar while eating but not sitting at bar. Have eaten there before in summer and they have a very nice outdoor area on east side so as not to be in direct sunlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foidtweetyVIPDined on 10/18/2014We both had the pot roast. It was delicious. You didn't even need a knife to cut the meat. Enough to take home for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, great service by Amber and a great evening!Special Features:
- Better for Light DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014I ate there for lunch about 6 months ago and loved it. I had a wrap/sandwich and it was very good. I brought the family back for dinner and ordered barbecue ribs. Unfortunately they were overcooked, dry and not very meaty. They required lots of extra (cold) sauce on them. I may go back, but will stick with sandwiches or a burger.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!AvidDinerVIPDined on 9/22/2014Amazing Food! Great service. Fun place to be late at night!😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okAny1Dined on 9/20/2014Ok all around ok just ok ok just ok average ok ok ok ok ok ok ok
- luv2dineoutDined on 9/20/2014Awesome server (Taylor) was pleasant and kept checking back to be sure our food was just right. Food was delish, reasonably priced, and just enough. Great casual dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Pub? RestaurantsMyopineDined on 9/16/2014In my recent search for nearby brew/pub spots, we gave the Stonewood Ale House a try. Again I was mildly disappointed to find a large bar connected to a nice, but no atmosphere restaurant. This seems to be the trend, at least in the suburbs, and I'm sure it's proving to be a decent $/square foot revenue approach. For a Tuesday early evening there was a surprising number of large groups and party minded assemblages. "Ambiance" is no doubt generational and I will continue to look for a more laid back / comfortable venue that can fill my pint/plate/belly. The Sonewood did efficiently ful-"fill" those and our server was great.Special Features:
- Won't be back.aboutthefoodDined on 9/16/2014Our server was great! That's the only good thing I can say. Way too noisy, could not hear across the table. The sides were better than main course. Reminded me of an upscale Denny's. Oh, just remembered one more good thing, their Stonewood Ale's are really very good. Maybe we should have gone the bar instead of dining.
- Good restaurantnicko4Dined on 9/1/2014We went there for a birthday celebration and everything was great. Food was served in a timely fashion and was very good. Great rib special!Special Features:
- Good food, good priceDEB2171VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the Woodfield area where we could sit comfortably and talk with friends we had not seen in a long time. Stonewood Ale House worked great for us. I had the breaded fish tacos, which were excellent and a very generous portion size. My husband had the ribs and said they were tender and good. One friend had stake and another had the bruschetta chicken. Everyone was happy and no one left hungry. Service was good. The restaurant can get noisy and it became a little hard to talk when the place filled up. But, overall, good experience.Special Features:
- Superb from beginning to endAvidDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Stonewood has introduced a new concept to their already delicious and famous ribs...3 new sauce options! As if these succulent morsels weren't already a delight...Big thanks to our server Chrissy for another fun and entertaining night. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - highly recommend!lvnvrioDined on 8/29/2014The food, service, and pricing at this restaurant are all excellent - one of the best mid-range restaurants around. On Friday's, the fish and chips can't be beat. The ribs, burgers, and dinners are also delicious. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and casual diningGrazDined on 8/10/2014A great casual dining experience - great sandwiches, burgers, food in general. Great service too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Food was good. Party had fish tacos, pot roast sandwich, and pot roast dinners. All pleased with the meal. Marvelous beer list.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place!!Schaumburg1005VIPDined on 7/30/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat at. Great food, fabulous service and just an over energy filled environment. They have a late night menu and also happy hour specials. The servers and management are great about making you feel welcome from the time you arrive to when you leave. Valet parking is also available on some nights for an added bonus :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual Mealbobbyb09VIPDined on 7/25/2014Four guys ate here after a day at Arlington Park. Two of us had burgers, one had a turkey burger, and one had the pot roast sandwich. All of us thought the food was outstanding. The burgers were cooked perfectly as ordered and come with a choice of fries, chips, onion strings, or tater tots, plus some other choices. This was one of the best burgers I have ever had and THE best, by far, tater tots I've ever tasted. I would very highly recommend Stonewood for a really good casual meal. Lots of beer choices and TV's for any sporting events as well.
- Great for Ribs and ChickenLikeToTryNewRestVIPDined on 7/25/2014Have been to this place several times. This time, the service we received was excellent. Have only tired their ribs and beer can chicken...and they were very good.Special Features:
- A new favoriteFranDined on 7/19/2014So glad we tried Stonewood Ale and will be returning! Appreciated substitution options and enjoyed the food. Service was wonderful!Special Features:
- ljhirschDined on 7/11/2014Good food at a fair price with outstanding service every time we dine here. Everyone at Stonewood goes out of their way to make sure that everything is the way you like it. Thalia has been our server the last two times we've been in and we will be asking for her the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Stop - Great findfoodjunkieDined on 7/10/2014Needed a place to grab something quick, found Stonewood Ale House. Quick great service and great food. Will definitely be coming back. Based on menu selection there is a variety of food options. Plus they have drink specials everyday on variety on items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 370 reviews are from the Stonewood Ale House reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprisedAvisVIPDined on 6/20/2014We were going to be in the Schaumburg area and found thus place on Open Table. Expecting just another ok burger and beer place, we were very pleasantly surprised. Both the food and service far exceeded our expectations. We started with the pretzel sticks, which were really yummy. My husband had a burger topped with puled pork (and fries) and I had the veggie burger with their homemade habanero mix (and chips) - both were really good (though I would opt for the regular bun vs pretzel bun next time). Toss in a big beer selection, and Stonewood Ale House is a winner, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT NIGHT OUT!!CHITOWN13Dined on 6/19/2014LOVE THIS PLACE. SAT IN THE BAR AREA THIS TIME TO GET A GOOD VIEW OF THE TV'S. OUR SERVER, CHRISSY, WAS A LOT OF FUN AND ON TOP OF TAKING CARE OF ALL OF OUR NEEDS. I'LL REQUEST HER AGAIN NEXT TIME. FOUND A NEW MENU ITEM THIS TIME AND WENT WITH THE TAVERN STEAK, WHICH WAS DELICIOUS. THEY CARRY A WIDE VARIETY OF BEERS SO THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING INTERESTING. WENT WITH THE GUMBALLHEAD THIS TIME AND NOW I KNOW WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. PERFECT NIGHT OUT!! THANKS STONEWOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet ConversationJimgoTADined on 6/16/2014Friends passing through and we wanted a quiet meal together to catch up on old times. Not expensive, quiet and good food. Hostess gave us our request and sat us in a back booth in a side room away from the Sports Bar. Got all three here. Shared mildly hot chicken wings with blue cheese, Belgian white beers, and a range of entrees which turned out to be huge, filling and tasty. Very helpful server who let us chat and chat. Pleasant meal that did the trick.Special Features:
- Fantastic As Always!!!AvidDinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014Huge thanks for making our night out another wonderful time. Great food + friendly, diligent service + clean, casual establishment. This is the best restaurant for the price. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding value for a BrewerySteveSkoDinesDined on 6/14/2014First time at this establishment and was a little concerned because of the location is a bit off of the newer paths in Schaumburg. Basically in front of the old Red Lobster on Mall Drive by Woodfield. I was pleasantly surprised that this ale house/brewery had a great selection of entrees that looked very tasty. I had the grilled salmon and my girlfriend had the pork chops, both were excellent. But the service from our waiter was beyond excellent. He wasn't your typical waiter, a bit timid and soft spoken but he made extra sure everything was perfect and made great recommendations. Having worked in retail for way too long, it is obvious that these employees are trained very well. Very impressed. We will be back….often.Special Features:
- Saturday date nighthtchkl8tDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant once before and the food was great. We both had the chicken tenders for the starter and had burgers which were great. This time my husband tried the half rack of ribs and when they came out I took one look at them and saw that they were dry and didn't look appealing. I was correct. So I would say that it is a good burger place but wouldn't have the ribs. They looked over cooked and reheated. One last thing that really has a bearing on a review and a tip is if the waiter asks us if we would like anything else before handing us the check. That didn't happen and I was highly disappointed. I would like to go back to see if their beer can chicken is as appealing as it sounds on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great prime ribsAlanDDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is noted for their prime rib dinners. Every so often if you join their email club, you'll get a coupon for a special deal. We did, and visited the other night. The service is always great and the meal was wonderful.Special Features:
- Friendly Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014We love coming to this neighborhood hidden gem. The burgers with fresh cut fries are just the best. The BBQ ribs are great too. All the servers are friendly quick and efficient. My only complaint is that the parking can be challenging at times but there is never much of wait for a table because of how big the place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schaumburg1005VIPDined on 6/4/2014Great place for after work drinks, late night food and quick lunch break!!Special Features:
- Trixie and BevoTrixie40VIPDined on 5/18/2014Great sports bar with large seating areas. Bar area is very large and comfortable to view sports events. Menu offers excellent choices from sandwiches to complete dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent BBQ Ribs & Ice cold beerAvidDinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Succulent BBQ Ribs and ice cold beer. Great music. Notably friendly and diligent service. Top notch.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Went to meet friends I hadn't seen in a long time for dinner, the food and beer was great! I had the veggie burger which was delicious and my husband had the rib/veggie dinner. We each had something different and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Big portions so come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Craft Beer SelectionAvidDinerVIPDined on 5/2/2014What can we say? Another awesome time at the good 'ole StoneWood. Tried their new Tavern steak, and was not disappointed. Love everything that comes off their grill and they have a great craft beer menu to match. And thanks to Krissy for such a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!HistbuffDined on 4/26/2014The good came out extremely quick and the service was excellent! Despite not having a lot of parking available the complimentary valet parking was great! Great place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014One of the best all around restaurants- great for full dinners and excellent for burgers, blackened talapia sandwich, patty melts, etc. Staff is always pleasant and the manager is very visible, making sure everything runs smoothly. Hand cut french fries and crispy chips are great. Nice that they will even take reservations for 2 or 3 guests, not just parties of 6 or more.Special Features:
- Great food and open environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014Great food and open environment for casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family dinnerputergeek007Dined on 4/12/2014Visiting Schaumburg with the family and my picky kids were starving. We went here and had a great experience. The pretzels were a great appetizer that came quick and kept the hungry family at bay. All but my daughter got burgers which were super tasty and my daughter devoured the Mac and Cheese. My mushroom swiss burger was perfect, especially on the optional pretzel roll. The beer selection was fun and included a number of beers I don't always find at restaurants. My kids begged to go back the next day. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSusanDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of 4 on Saturday night at 6:00. Our server was fantastic, and on top of our needs all evening. Each of us extremely enjoyed our food and already talked about coming back. The ribs were outstanding! After dinner we went into the bar to watch the game on one of many tv's. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot On PerfectAvidDinerVIPDined on 4/9/2014We've been coming here for years and highly recommend StoneWood as one of the best restaurants in Schaumburg. Huge menu with something for everyone. Great service and overall value. Cheers!Special Features: