Stone's Throw Restaurant & Bar
2660 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone's Throw Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonesthrowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2027456920x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: Breakfast 6am-11:30am, Lunch 11:30am-3pm, Dinner: Seasonal
Saturday and Sunday: Breakfast 6am-noon, Lunch 12pm-3pm, Dinner: Seasonal
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Paish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Stone’s Throw features a chef's table and four private dining rooms. The Mica, Slate and Granite private dining rooms can each accommodate up to 12 guests in a boardroom style or combine these rooms to create a large private dining space seating 36 guests for dinner or 75 guests reception style. Our larger private dining room, the Limestone, can accommodate up to 16 people. Our chef's table has an unrestricted view of our open-air kitchen and can seat between 14-20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Gloria Wombolt 2023785420x
A word from Stone's Throw Restaurant & Bar
Stone's Throw is a modern American steakhouse offering all the elements of an enticing dining experience, with light woods, stone and other organic elements, complemented by dramatic lighting. The menu features steak and fresh seafood, showcasing regional and seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone's Throw Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great FoodChickeetazDined on 7/27/2014The food was great. We had a party of 4 and everyone ordered something a little different. The service was above normally and they even made a special request for a cappuccino!! The only hiccup was I used an Open Table Dining Check and no one had seen or used it before. This caused a duplicated charge to my credit card. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Stone's Throw Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Stone's Throw Restaurant for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2014Stone's Throw Restaurant for Lunch was a nice dining experience that allowed privacy for conversation. Unfortunately since it's open to the meeting space below, it's not always as quiet since noise travels upward.Special Features:
- better than expecteddclingVIPDined on 4/7/2014I needed to meet with clients during a convention at the hotel and this was the only logical place to do it on a rainy day. I had red bad reviews so expectations were low. I had the grilled tuna salad. The tuna was perfectly cooked (almost rare) and salad was exceptionally good. Others had club and said it was good. Service was good considering that they appeared to be understaffed having a large convention in the hotel.
- No notice that restaurant closedyummzDined on 2/21/2014The restaurant was closed for a special event and did not inform me ahead of time even though I had a reservation. I did not eat here.
- abysmal serviceNancyDined on 1/3/2014In the midst of a busy conference--which is the business of this hotel--it took 10 minutes to get a breakfast table, even with a reservation. It took 45 minutes to get a plate of toast; the pot of coffee for 3 people was tiny; and the waitress never returned with a refill. At ridiculous hotel prices to boot. I'd never go back for breakfast.
- Wonderful Romantic EveningMattheousDined on 7/19/2013I took my fiancée to this little gem for her first dinner date--and it was markedly amazing. We ordered the Seafood Fettuccine to share, the fried calamari to share, and two Virgin Mary's The fettuccine tasted like it was JUST made--and delicious. The fried calamari was cooked perfectly--not rubbery, which is very hard to do. I advise getting the portions to share--they're HUGE. Like, salad serving bowl huge. The staff were very good about accommodating our requests to have two glasses of water at the table, along with a pitcher of water as soon as they could. I have no idea why the other reviews gave this restaurant a bad rating. This place is fantastic--if a little bit expensive. But for the food--and for a romantic date--it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJeanVIPDined on 7/5/2013This restaurant was in a hotel that caters to conferences. This restaurant was incapable of handling the number of people that wanted to eat there. You would thinkk they would have figured out how many people they need to provide service when you have 2 huge conferences being held at the hotel. It took us one and a half hours to have a hamburger!
- ehfuzzykiwi48VIPDined on 6/18/2013This place never ceases to amaze me how expensive and mediocre the food is. Only good thing is the convenience of it if you're staying in the hotel. Decent burger for dinner. The Maryland crab soup seemed like it was out of a can.
- Wow! What a disappointingDettknoVIPDined on 4/23/2013Wow! What a disappointing experience. This place is in the fabulous Marriott Wardman park. It's definitely not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel. Couldn't find the hottest stand. Communication was tough as the waiters first language was not English. Food was vey bland. Bugrger was not seasoned at all. Would not recommend.
- God. Awful. Food was flavorlessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013God. Awful. Food was flavorless and cooked incorrectly. Service was so, so atrocious. The waiters were nice enough, but seemed to have no idea what they were doing.
- The waiter was amazing, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013The waiter was amazing, and even offered to go find me a drink that the do not serve. He was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. I had the vegetarian option while my sister had the filet. We each loved our meals, and my sister raved about the mashed potatoes. We enjoyed a sampling of deserts, and my favorite was the crime brûlée. The meal was amazing.Special Features:
- The price point for menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013The price point for menu items was high, but so is every menu item in every restaurant in D.C.. It just takes some getting used to.Special Features:
- I was a little disappointedesymonoDined on 2/14/2013I was a little disappointed that it was inside a hotel...the reviews did not imply that it was in that type of setting and was not what I was looking for exactly... A reservation was definitely not needed. The restaurant was completely empty except for one other table, which wasn't a bad thing. We had 4 servers to our table alone, but they were courteous and didn't crowd us. Overall, great but pretty expensive meal for two.Special Features:
- Gosh, this meal was delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/13/2013Nestled in the Wardman Marriott as a guest I ate here at the Stone Throw. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I had the lamb shank which was so good. The meat fell off the bone and I ate every carnivorousness bit and savored the tendernous. So much so I only took one forkful of mash potatoes which we phenomenal.Special Features:
- Went for a business breakfast.morandcVIPDined on 1/30/2013Went for a business breakfast. Very good selection at normal Marriott prices. Service was very good. If you go, ask for a table. Booth seating is significantly below the table. Not very comfortable.
- Had a wonderful time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Had a wonderful time at the restaurant and had some great wine! Great food and drinks. ^_^Special Features:
- Limited menu selections, ratherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2012Limited menu selections, rather pricey, good location if one is staying at the Marriott Wardman Park.
- The food is okay at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2012The food is okay at this restaurant. The service is very poor. Our waiter had no interest in taking our order, checking in on us, etc. Getting our waiter's attention was like pulling teeth. I am not going back to this restaurant and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Skip this one and save your valuable time and money.
- Good food options but over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/22/2012Good food options but over-priced with slow service.Special Features:
- Not a bad choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012Service was very good. Attentive staff. Food was ok, but for the price I would have liked a better steak. Overall a positive experience but nothing special.
- Poor service 45 min from timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2012Poor service 45 min from time of seating to food. No offer of a beverage drop and run service
- I wandered through the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012I wandered through the restaurant to find the hostess. What appeared to be the manager sat me at an out of the way table and the waiter took a while to find me. The service was just OK after that. Seems as though there's not enough wait staff. Not worth paying for parking. If your staying at the hotel it's ok
- Hotel Lobby restaurant. ColdMyrtleBeachBumVIPDined on 10/7/2012Hotel Lobby restaurant. Cold rainy night otherwise should have gone anywhere else!
- not enough waiters - ever!DBM1VIPDined on 10/5/2012not enough waiters - ever! This is a convention hotel, so crowds should not be a surprise to them.
- Bad service and under staffedExecutive2VIPDined on 10/4/2012Not happy with the service nor the pricing of the food. It took 25 minutes to get salad dressing for a salad brought out with none. Drinks weren't refilled, what a complete mess!
- Service was a little slow;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2012Service was a little slow; however, we were not in a hurry. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- You failed to tell us thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012You failed to tell us that there is no lunch at this restaurant - yet you booked a very important meeting-lunch at this restaurant. Strange!
- We chose the in-house restaurant12345abcdeDined on 8/17/2012We chose the in-house restaurant at the Marriott Hotel because the weather was bad out side and we were taking a hotel guest to dinner. The dining area is in an area of the lobby so people are milling around. The food was good as was the service.
- While our server and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2012While our server and food runner were both very good and friendly, the rest of the staff at the hotel as well as the front bar was not good.
- Great food, really poor service.movieking80Dined on 4/2/2012If judged solely on the food, the Stones Throw would get 4 or 5 stars. Unfortunately,the service was substandard,to the point that it was extremely noticeable and annoying. To start, the maitre'd was nowhere to be found for 10 minutes. I stood and waited until he finally came out. Then our party was forced to wait an extra 15 minutes, despite the fact that we had 8:00 reservations. I figured it was because they were busy, but when we were finally seated, there was barely a soil in the place. Then we waited for our server to arrive, and he was slow to take our orders, slow to bring our salads, slow to fill out drinks, etc. The food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Classic hotel restaurantNiss67VIPDined on 2/16/2012First, let me say that nowhere does it mention that this restaurant is in the Marriott hotel-Wardman...so we were confused given the address. It is a classic hotel restaurant with a little bit of snazzy dishes. The service was VERY good except we were not asked what drinks we would be having. For a reservation, our table was not great. The decor is nice and the atmosphere was quiet except for an older lady who hollered out for the waiter.
- Very convenient when attendingharryVIPDined on 1/22/2012Very convenient when attending meetings in the hotel - very comfortable
- Crispy Crust SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The staff is extremely professional and accommodating. The chef is wonderful and, I enjoyed the best Salmon that I have tasted. The Manhattan Clam Chowder was supreme. Richard, the doorman is extremely professional and helpful. I had a very wonderful lunch experience at the Stone Throw Restaurant. This was my first time and, will visit several times in the future to confirm everything is consistent.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseDCDinerDined on 12/26/2011The food was very good, especially for a hotel restaurant. We went on a very slow night, so the waiter was very attentive and conversational. The booth seats were comfortable but not set comfortably to the table, so you had to sit on the edge to be close enough to the table to eat. They seemed made more for bigger people - men, athletes. Overall, though, it's a nice place for an occasional splurge or to meet a friend attending a meeting or staying at the Wardman Park.Special Features:
- over priced. not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2011over priced. not the best value - food tasted good. wine was over priced.
- This restaurant is in Marriott.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2011This restaurant is in Marriott. Compared to other hotel restaurants, there is nothing special or memorable thing at Stone's throw. Food was mediocre and expensive for what you get... I would rather go out somewhere to try more interesting dishes when I'm in DC.Special Features:
- The service as very slow andCPAfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2011The service as very slow and we were pressed for time. We had reservations @ 12:15 and did not get our food until 12:55. We actually paid our bill prior to receiving our food.
- Rockfish was over cooked.pcancvaVIPDined on 7/26/2011Rockfish was over cooked. Salad was "cheap". Veggies were OK, but didn't seem to fit with the fish. Price was high.
- They were a bit understaffedkarenhDined on 6/11/2011They were a bit understaffed and there were a few large groups. We waited for a long time for everything which was fine since we were not in a huge rush, but it was a good 30min before our drink order was taken and at least 45min before we got our food order in. We had steak, which was cooked as expected and served with a side of asparagus. There was nothing overly spectacular about any of the experience except for the price, which was $30/person for starter, steak, and dessert. They even allowed for a substitution on one of the starters, which was quite nice. Parking seems to be valet-only, but there is generally plenty of street parking around the hotel if you do not mind walking.Special Features:
- The food was good and theCarrieDined on 5/14/2011The food was good and the setting was fine for what we were looking for. The place was 95% empty and it's a huge place so it was a little intimidating, but because the table wasn't needed we were able to sit for 4 hours and talk which was very nice. The Onion Soup was to die for excellent.Special Features: