Stone's Cove KitBar
2403 Centreville Rd
Herndon, VA 20171Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone's Cove KitBar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonescove.com/
- Phone: 7034343615x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stone's Cove KitBar
Classic American food with a contemporary twist in a relaxed, upscale atmosphere. We offer small sharing plates with big flavor. Grab some dishes to share while enjoying our highly-rated wine list and hand made original cocktails. Stone's Cove is a warm, welcoming place where guests gather 'round like friends, even if they come alone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Stone's Cove KitBar - Best Restaurants in Herndon ›
Stone's Cove KitBar reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (50)vibrant bar scene (40)great for lunch (38)hot spot (28)good for groups (25)special occasion (17)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- I go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The food selections are great, and the portions are smallish - perfect for me. The beer and wine selection is good and with reservations, we were seated right away in a good, part of the bar where we could talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Fun & entertainingBigCrankDined on 8/23/2014I had a challenge - two out of town diners, One a former chef and the other with food "issues", two kids who bore easily and my wife on a diet. I'm so happy I found this restaurant; it met all my criteria perfectly. Everyone was happy, we had a great evening! The food was a bit overpriced and not as interesting as the menu would have you believe. Example: "Upside-down meatloaf cupcakes" were nothing more that 3 meatballs served on mashed potatoes - meh. The pizza-like flatbreads however, were excellent. Service is also a bit slow, but attentive. Still, we liked it, we'll probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the flatbread(s)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014First thing on the menu. You will not be disappointed. The chicken kebabs were great as well, especially with the pina colada sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food and prices were amazing. It is a bit noisy, which we liked, but it's something to be aware of. Everything was portioned perfectly and they worked with us through my girlfriend's food allergies. We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SliverDined on 8/15/2014Good all American food. Nicely redone. Service was quite good. Interesting concept around bar but loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchBdingellDined on 8/14/2014If you have to meet a partner to check in on a project, this is the perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good concept, good executionspazzydancerDined on 8/13/2014We dined here for a Restaurant Week dinner. No one was leaving the table hungry as Stone's Cove had a four-course meal for the dinner option. The biggest hit at the table seemed to be the shrimp and grits, although my burger was also excellent (served with potato chips). The crab cake was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. The two desserts, the s'mores flatbread and the luv cones, were quite good, but had a slightly manufactured flavor to them. Also, they have a very limited selection of beers on tap, but their offerings were good. The service was slow due to the number of people. But, it was distracting to watch the action behind the bar. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Great ServicemrsfoodieDined on 8/13/2014I went for restaurant week and the menu had a good selection. The server was very attentive. I would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchCriticWannabeDined on 8/12/2014Very good food in a very loud restaurant with extremely poor service. Took 45 minutes to receive 1st course salad. Never had water refilled without my flagging someone down. Waiter suggested we share dessert even though we were there for fixed price lunch menu. We had to tell him it came with our restaurant week choice. A better waiter would have improved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jazzie1801Dined on 8/7/2014Highly recommended by my sister, took a couple of my friends for a going away lunch, good ambiance & service was great, waiter recommended tapa style for everyone to share, mango mojito just hit the spot, the portabello flat bread, lobster popsicle,cobb salad was excellent, we ordered more. We will definitely be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp & Grits are GreatleroiDined on 8/2/2014Returned to Stone's Cove for my periodic fix of shrimp & grits. Also split the chicken salad wrap with my wife- it is excellent, too. We will be back.Special Features:
- average food&drinkbigfatpandaDined on 8/1/2014nothing to write home about... wish we would have sat outside. VERY overpriced!Special Features:
- Great place!toothgrlVIPDined on 7/31/2014Me and my husband had a great time as usual. Staff is incredible friendly and food n drinks are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Most of the menue items are excellent and use the highest quality ingredients. The staff is fantastic and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeTomgirlDined on 7/29/2014We sat at a table near the kitchen/bar where. Could watch them grill the fish/burgers & also by the brick oven. We had several different waiters check in with us thru the dinner - very social environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodiWolfDined on 7/20/2014We went late on a Sunday evening, and it was quiet for the most part. Food was excellent; intelligent proportions, good prices, superb flavor. Would very happily go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visit...t8teVIPDined on 7/20/2014While we usually enjoy Stone's Cove, we suspect that they were a bit understaffed on this visit. Service was very slow and even keeping our glasses filled was a challenge. I hope it was an anomally because we usually enjoy our time there...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014food was good service terrible party of 4 only one person got entree we were then given our bill without the other 3 entrees being served told waiter and finally got our foodSpecial Features:
- Selective for Client MeetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/17/2014Next time I make a reservation for two for a business lunch I will request a table. It was way too loud at the bar to have a productive business discussion. Also, my client was on a tight schedule and it took a LONG time for our food to arrive. The food was FANTASTIC. I have been here for dinner and it's great, but I'm unsure about business lunch meetings going forward.Special Features:
- Unique DiningLunchFaveDined on 7/15/2014Good local restaurant. A little pricey, but overall a good place to eat.Special Features:
- The WORST restaurant!!!DinerDined on 7/12/2014I would never eat here again. The food is mediocre at best. The service is the worst I think I've ever experienced. It took us over an hour to get our food; which, took less than 5 minutes to prepare. The ambiance is horrible. It's like your eating at a bar. The food is cooked & prepared in the middle of the bar. We ordered our food shortly after arriving. We ordered a tomato and mozzarella salad. We watched one guy making a salad just like ours, but it ended up being for another table. Ten minutes later our identical salad finally arrived. Why the same guy couldn't have prepared both salads at the same time given the fact they were the same I don't know. You're not assigned one server, you have anyone you can.
- Great experienceKennygDined on 7/8/2014I made a reservation a few days before my group lunch vas changed it a few hours before lunch. They had a table waiting for us. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, and everyone in my party was happy. The only comment is the noise and music were a little loud for conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2014Another fun night. Unique place... friendly, relaxing, good small plates and drinks. Becoming addicted to the Blueberry Bourbon Sour!Special Features:
- Great as usualRobertDined on 7/4/2014One of our favorite places. The food is always very good. Service can be a bit slow, but the servers are friendly and overall it's a great experience. On this visit we had a very minor suggestion (not even a complaint), but the manager came over, took the time to listen and thank us, and bought us a dessert; it was totally unnecessary for her to do that, but a great customer service response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!TJay2Dined on 7/3/2014First time at this restaurant. Staff was nice and very attentive. The three of us had their famous shrimp and grits and LOVED it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's like a theme placeDottyDined on 7/2/2014The steak I ordered was delicious and came out at a perfect temp. The concept is different and it seems to inflate the prices. Since all servers are also bar tenders and cooks and they don't seem to have designated "tables" we waited awhile to have our order taken. It seemed sharing the tables part of the communication wasn't all there. Over all, I wasn't impressed with the menu. I would eat there again if a member of my group wanted to, but it wouldn't be my first choice or on my suggestion list.
- Nice in the suburbsNovadiningDined on 6/26/2014The deco is eclectic. The cooking is done in the middle with a large bar surrounding the kitchen so people can watch. The service was quick without constantly interrupting. The menu had some unique items. We had the portobello flat bread, which had balanced flavors. The catch of the day was red snapper which was well cooked. The asparagus served with it were firm but tender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Food was good. Shrimp and grits was tasty, as was the tuna appetizer. Service was prompt and friendly. Only comment is that there few standalone tables - most seating is around (expanded) bar type counters. That is OK for one or two people, especially at lunch. But, it does not permit a more "private" setting if people want to talk privately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationtomahawkDined on 6/24/2014It was a very enjoyable experience. We were greeted warmly, the staff was friendly and efficient throughout, the food was outstanding, and the price was more than acceptable. They went out of their way to make my wife's Birthday memorable. I highly recommend the Herndon Stone's Cove KitBar Restaurant.Special Features:
- Great menu choices!007FoodieDined on 6/23/2014The fish tacos were delicious. I'll be returning to try many other tempting menu items.Special Features:
- Another great time!DiningOutIsFunDined on 6/22/2014Stone's Cove KitBar is a great place to get some really good food. The grits are the best I have ever had and I'm from the south so that is saying a lot! Watching them prepare food is a really great concept. Thanks for another great meal and a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Near Dulles airportAermayVIPDined on 6/5/2014Delicious, fresh, and inventive. Loved the small plates and the crab cakes were amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent as Alwaysacj0001Dined on 6/2/2014Stone's Cove provides top-notch service. All servers are there to assist you, as opposed to the traditional restaurant where you are assigned a single server. The food menu is relatively small, but I imagine most will find something that suits them. The quality of the food is excellent. I have tried roughly half the entrées and have yet to be disappointed. The kitbar is a must visit if you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingTeamJZVIPDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have been going here regularly since they first opened and it gets better every time. Many restaurants get comfortable in their ways but the crew at Stone's Cove keep introducing new menu items, new events and new ways to make customers happy. i can't say enough good things about the food and the staff. Keep up the great work and we'll keep spending our money with you!Special Features:
- Great, fun dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/30/2014We took visiting grandparents there -- we had a great time ordering lots of different things. The food was excellent and there was a fun cocktail menu. The service is great and diners can watch the servers prepare the food. The place is a little noisy; otherwise great.Special Features:
- Foodie Spot1foodieDined on 5/23/2014Great restaurant for a low key night. Your table is literally around the bar and you get to watch all your food being prepped and made. The food is outstanding. I have been 5 times and never had anything I didn't like. The drinks and food are hand crafted. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, unique experienceashburn9Dined on 5/23/2014Really nice menu to select from. I'd consider it Modern American food, which borrows from everything that is trendy right now (flat breads, sashimi, etc).Special Features:
- Usually better servicet8teVIPDined on 5/22/2014Food was great, but service could have been better. I don't know if it was because they were more crowded than usual on a Thursday night, but we really weren't "feeling the love" on this visit. We had to flag down servers for empty glasses and to place orders. Only once did someone come by and ask us how we were doing; all other interactions were when we flagged someone or someone came to deliver us food or beverage. Food was good. Hamburger sliders were amazing. Always a fan of the Macinac flatbread, which didn't fail to please. And so glad they will still serve the edibations - they aren't on the menu anymore, but they still do them and they are the best!Special Features:
- Service is slipping fastShushYallDined on 5/22/2014Stones Cove had a really unique concept. The kitbar, with the chef-tender who took your drink and food order and cooked food as well as poured for you...and food prepared as you watch. Unfortunately new upper management with eyes on btm line pushing for faster table turnover are not watching training. New hires are not tending their guests well and just the opposite is happening. Drinks not refilled, orders not taken. Food is still good, but the old comradarie with the chef-tenders is gone. Don't know the names any more. Neighborhood joint feel is gone.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualjjmsDined on 5/22/2014We have been going to Stone's Cove since it opened about 1-2 times a month. They have always had great food and service. Best place for a fun night out in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.