Stone's Cove KitBar - Owings Mills
10997 Owings Mills
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone's Cove KitBar - Owings Mills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonescove.com/
- Phone: (410) 205-7258
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Stone’s Cove offers an entirely new interactive dining experience with the KitBar concept. Our KitBar combines the design of a kitchen and a bar to create one large communal table that surrounds the restaurant’s kitchen, putting guests right in the middle of the action. The KitBar’s slogan “Recess for Adults” embodies that fun, party atmosphere that offers guests a place to enjoy great food and drinks, laugh freely, and recharge their batteries.
A word from Stone's Cove KitBar - Owings Mills
Classic American food with a contemporary twist in a relaxed, upscale atmosphere. We offer small sharing plates with big flavor. Grab some dishes to share while enjoying our highly-rated wine list and hand made original cocktails. Stone's Cove is a warm, welcoming place where guests gather 'round like friends, even if they come alone. “Classics Revisited,” describes our “just right” food. It is unique, fresh, flavorful, beautiful, fun and sensible. We prepare your food from scratch and cook it to order because our commitment to indulging you includes providing the best tasting foods we can prepare. Our menu offers entrées like the flat iron steak, shrimp and grits, fresh salads, a variety of sandwich choices, flatbreads and sweet treats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Stone's Cove KitBar - Owings Mills - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Stone's Cove KitBar - Owings Mills reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (23)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)special occasion (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- What a find in our neighborhood.LaDonnaDined on 11/14/2014It was excellent, as usual!! Friendly staff and wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FOODYummsDined on 11/9/2014I absolutely loved the place. Great food - nice tvs - great dining space that surrounds the bar. I will definetely go back.Special Features:
- Great Brunchwolves1Dined on 11/2/2014We loved the food and the way the place is set up, the lobster cones was a hit along with the brunch menu drinks, we also had the key lime cone and the pumpkin cone all great. We also tried the flat-breads and they were very tasty, perfect crunch. This was perfect for a brunch with friends and a great place for a date night. Would go back to try more....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014It was exciting. We enjoyed the service and the food. Loved the experience and will return again. I do not like the new way reservations are being taken. Inconvenient.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDeenersDined on 10/16/2014We're from out of town. When we got to our children's and grandchildren's home, we went to Stone's Cove for dinner. We loved the food, service and concept..small plates to share, prepared in an open kitchen. We enjoyed it so much, my husband and I returned 3 nights later, by ourselves...different server; equally as good. We're looking forward to another visit on the next rep north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different kind of placeKateDined on 10/13/2014We are from Cleveland and this was our second visit. Food tastes yummy! Service is good and people are friendly. They changed up the menu a little which is a good thing. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spot in Town for BrunchBriSoFly12Dined on 10/4/2014I gave 4/5 because I almost had the best experience ever. The food was phenomenal (You have to try the Lobster cone), The service was great, the atmosphere was relaxing but cool at the same time. Only issue I had however, I came with my friend and I made reservations and specifically wrote it's his birthday, if you can do something special, I'll pay for it if needed. Upon arriving I asked if they read the message and the hostess said yes...Long story short they forgot and I asked the hostess as we were leaving and apparently my server forgot...however they still made the dessert and they gave me one as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this placeHolidayDinnerDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. The service was very good. We enjoyed watching the food prepared in front of us. There was a good selection of entrees. Hand helds, various chicken, seafood, and meat dinner entrees. A good set of appetizers. Also there was a nice cocktail menu. Good place to stop for a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- The fish tacos are the best!FrequentFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The fish tacos are amazing and are why I keep returning. The service also is commendable. Try the tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing staffBooetteVIPDined on 9/17/2014Julian and Rachit(as cute to look at as a woman would want...young enough to be my kids)helped my husband and I have a very special anniversary evening. we had the table that sat basically into the bar and they were always there when we needed them. food was good service greatSpecial Features:
- Nice surprise!Lefkow1Dined on 9/11/2014I had been hoping to check this place out for a while- I assumed it would be a little less sophisticated as it is right next to Stevenson University and it might cater more to the college aged group - but I found the food lovely and upscale. The wine was a little pricey by the glass, but the martinis were delicious and different. Overall very very good, great place to meet friends. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and InnovativeJannDined on 9/8/2014Time spent with my girlfriend for lunch and their Pear Martini was the best time spent at an afternoon lunch in a long time! You won't be disappointed unless you like a stuffy atmosphere!Special Features:
- Was I disappointed too?GdubbsDined on 9/6/2014Before going to the KitBar, I read some reviews, most were indicating a good experience but the one that stuck was a person who had to wait for poor service, bad drink and an in general a bad experience. When my wife and I arrived we were unsure of what to expect because of the unusual format but, the evening turned into a real treat. We were promptly seated, we were well attended to, the drink was good, even for rail goods. The food was a pleasant surprise. Not gourmet but very appealing in presentation and taste. The staff was as friendly as I care to have them, not over the top but very good. Even the other patrons were helpful to us in their reviews and all who had been there before loved it as did we.Special Features:
- Never disappointedgirlchildVIPDined on 9/6/2014I dine here frequently, so have sampled many of their menu items. Haven't found a loser in the bunch. This visit's new try was the buffalo chicken flatbread which will definitely become part of the re-order rotation. The three in my party all absolutely loved it. As others have mentioned, the fish tacos alone are worth the visit. I order mine in lettuce instead of tortillas - REALLY brings out the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRondezreviewsDined on 9/4/2014I liked the Kitbar quite a bit. The ambiance is great and the concept unique. Food was super tasty and not your average menu. Service was friendly and timely.Special Features:
- gw2jwDined on 9/1/2014The food we had was all delicious. The meatloaf cupcakes, shrimp creole on johnny cakes, the mackinac flatbread, the cuban sandwich and strawberry goat cheese salad were very good and the service was fast. It was way too much food for two people but we ate it anyway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serves its purpose wellFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have been to Stone's Cove with a group, with a colleague, and with my husband. I have never been disappointed. The fish tacos are so good I tell everybody about them! Prices are good, service is attentive, and the food is excellent. Plenty of non-fried options, which is refreshing for a bar. Stone's Cove is a nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathyDined on 8/22/2014Taste and atmosphere is great but steak serving is VERY smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful menu!audreVIPDined on 8/21/2014Love those lobster cones, their flat breads, yum! Always a wide variety of food choices, cheerful and attentive service and great entertainment, watching the servers also do some of the cooking!Special Features:
- Baltimore County Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We were a group of 4; reservations were made online on their website (very cool) for 7pm & were quickly seated--orders were placed at 07:15pm. By 08:23pm, 2 in our party had concluded eating (they did not order off the Baltimore County Restaurant week menu) and the other 2 had yet to receive their entree. We requested to speak with the Manager twice--he came to speak with us at 08:40pm, stating they got behind in their service & couldn't seem to catch up. After a protracted conversation he paid for our dinner & we paid for our drinks (much more than expected); he also gave 3 cards for free meals. The food was quite good, interesting & tasty--we'd go back to see if the service improves....maybe they really did have an off night?Special Features:
- KK99Dined on 8/16/2014The food was good but my only complaint is the portion sizes are too small. This was my second time there and I was hoping the portion size wouldn't be an issue again but it was. For the amount of food you get, I think their menu is a little pricey.Special Features:
- Delicious BrunchnzahnDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I are regulars at the kitbar for dinner but this was our first visit for brunch. Brunch currently runs S&S 11-4. We found that the Breakfast Flatbread was delicious and filling, the Banana French Toast was creamy and tasty, and the Eggs Benedict (w/ Ham) was perfectly cooked with quite a kick from the sausage. Cocktails are always delicious at Kitbar, and I expect nothing less from their breakfast selections. Service was fast and friendly with many chef-tenders checking-in on their way by. The KitBar runs cooking classes once a month, and having attended, I can tell you it is worth the $49. Plenty of food to try, lots of drinks to wet your whistle, and enough fun to keep your smiling and laughing. The classes make great gifts!Special Features:
- Good as always!Live2dineVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Stones Cove too many times to count and always walk away saying so glad to have then in our neighborhood! Service has always been stellar, food nicely prepared, and the drinks make it extra special.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchmomtomanyDined on 8/8/2014My daughter and I had a lovely lunch at Stone,s Cove. The food choices were varied and we were very satisfied with our order. The flat bread s’mores dessert was beyond delicious. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Happy but my thoughtsCSRreviewDined on 7/29/2014I went to dinner with my girlfriend here. I was very impressed with the ambiance and the service, most of all! What a great concept, the staff doesn't have a choice but to be attentive and customer service is what it is all about now a day, as far as I am concerned. The portions were ok but for my husband he would have to order one of the bigger portions. The only complaint I have was it was a little pricey but since it is a "special" type of place I wouldn't frequent to often due to the fact I have a 5 year old. It is fine not to have children though! BTW the white sangrias are totally awesome!Special Features:
- jmacDined on 7/26/2014We've been to Stones Cove several times and every time we go it's always consistent with the service, the friendly staff. We like the varied menu. It's always fun to try something new.Special Features:
- The following 166 reviews are from the Stone's Cove KitBar - Owings Mills reviews archive.
- Great and improvingDannyboyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Stone's Cove has been a great new place for us to go. The food is a bit more ambitious than what you might normally find in Baltimore County without being pretentious. The menu changes seasonally and the seasonal specials usually are interesting and flavorful. Most are tappas style and great for sharing. Don't let the kitchen/bar concept scare you. Most of the time you'll get fellow foodies next or near to you and pleasant banter. Try the lobster cones as a unique treat!Special Features:
- Fish tacos are amazing!FrequentFoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014I order the fish tacos every time I dine here. The are superb! My lunch companion also ordered the fish tacos and loved them equally well. Service was good. Ambiance is what you would expect in a kitbar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentoccasionDined on 7/1/2014This was our second visit to Stone's Cove KitBar. It's a fun atmosphere with everyone moving around behind the bar and stopping by to check on you during dinner. The food was very good, but the white wine could have been a little colder. We'll probably be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Food and service were excellent. The dining concept is really good - Eat and drink together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthdayTreeboxDined on 6/25/2014After previous visits to this location, decided to head to Stones Cove on a week night for a birthday celebration. Fish tacos are always a favorite. Half price wine night was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacos are the best!FrequentFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014I dine here primarily for the fish tacos. If you like fish tacos, you must try these. They use swai and season so nicely. The slaw includes sliced apples. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014Stone cove is a great place for good food and drinks, and great ambiance. My friend and I went for a quick bite to eat after a long day. We arrived around 830pm. The service was quick at first. We ordered the lobster cones, shrimp and grits, and crab cake sandwich. Everything came out fast and tasted amazing. After that things took a turn as the servers began preparing for closing at 9pm (the restaurant closes at 10). We waited for about 15 min after we finished eating before we were acknowledge again by staff who were engrossed in polishing silverware. Finally ordered strawberry shortcake dessert. After finishing that, had to flag down someone to get check. Recommend this place only if it's well before closing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Food and service were great. Little dishes from the lobster cones to the flatbreads to start off and then sharing multiple dinner items. To top it off, the smores flatbread for dessert and there were votes for a second one.Special Features:
- AmazingLaDonnaDined on 5/23/2014This is a favorite!! The food is always excellent. They change their menu often enough that is always a surprise. Everyone is exceptionally friendly and attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsTasteByTasteDined on 5/22/2014This was my third visit to Stone's Cove. The Pear flower Martini continues to be the most amazing drink. We shared upside down meatloaf cupcakes, tuna sashimi, Greek salad and Cuban Sandwich. It was more than enough for two. Everything was delicious. The tomato "ketchup" on the meatloaf was fabulous. Did not expect to find red bell peppers in the meatloaf, but was able to pick them out. The tuna melted in your mouth. Both the Greek salad and the Cuban were big hits as well. The service was friendly even though it was extremely busy for a week night. Once we got our first dish, the rest came out fairly quickly. Sharing dishes is highly recommended and makes for a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Tasty Food, Great ServiceSharonBVIPDined on 5/19/2014Lunch can be a real downer. Brown bag it or be disappointed in fast food joints. Not so! Right down the hill from me is the very creative and fun Stone's Cove KitBar. Servers are friendly and funny and the food is pretty and tasty. I had the mini-meatloaves and ahi tuna. I over ordered! No problem, those mini-meatloaves nestled in a mini-mountain of horseradish mashed potatoes travel well and are delicious reheated. Get in there! Have fun! Enjoy lunch again!Special Features:
- Nice spot with great food!skinnyfatchickDined on 5/12/2014Discovered this spot when looking for somewhere be to eat in Owings Mills. You don't get a lot of food but the food is deFinitely good. It's small plate eating so you get just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunch was goodFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2014I ordered the fish tacos and they were excellent as usual. Hubby had the flat iron steak and he thought it was cooked and seasoned nicely. It is only served with veggies, though, so not very filling. If you have a big appetite, you will want to order something with it. My friend had the quiche special and loved it. The service was much better this time than it was during our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunGreedyKTDined on 5/10/2014The drinks were good,the wait staff (cheftenders) super friendly and attentive. Love the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.