Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
900 San Ysidro Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sanysidroranch.com/
- Phone: 8055651724x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: San Ysidro Ranch offers three unique Private Dining Rooms. The Adobe, a Santa Barbara County historical Landmark, can accomodate 10 guests. The beautiful Wine Cellar can accomodate up to 30 guests. Our spacious Hydrangea Cottage can comfortably seat 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maxine Rutledge 8055651702x
A word from Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
Located in a 19th-century citrus packing house, the Stonehouse Restaurant features a relaxing lounge with full bar service and a separate dining room with a crackling fireplace and creek side views. Chef Matthew Johnson evocative regional cuisine is prepared with a palate of herbs and vegetables harvested from the Ranch’s organic chef’s garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (72)great for outdoor dining (62)notable wine list (50)scenic view (45)fit for foodies (45)great for brunch (23)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (14)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic place, food and serviceSkywalker71Dined on 8/31/2014We went there with our friends and our 3.5 year old. Great ambience, delicious food and amazing service, hospitality. We really enjoyed everything we ate. We will be back for sure. Great for special occasions, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Ambience, service and the Steak Diane were exquisite! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Nice Night Under the Loquat TreesfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/23/2014Consistently the best experience in Santa Barbara! After going here 25 years, you think maybe it would start to slip but management keeps their eye on the ball and the standards for ambience, food quality, and service continue to impress. I appreciate being greeted by name from the valet, servers and management. Brandon did his usual terrific serving job! This visit we had the calamari, coconut shrimp, trout, strawberry salad, roast chicken, old style Brussels sprouts and soufflé. Thanks for complementary wine pour to celebrate your ranking in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Quite possibly out best meal and dining experience everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical experience for adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Dinner was magnificent! Eric was delightful, charming and while I am certain he has made the steak Diane many times over, he was playful and exuberant in sharing our excitement to order such a special dinner. Anyone can serve, few can add to the moment! Thank you for a spectacular evening! See you next year, Gabby Gabrielle "Gabby" Balazs firstname.lastname@example.org 714 3423912Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingJMWSDined on 8/10/2014The Stonehouse is a very romantic place to dine. The ambiance is off the charts and the service is superb. The restaurant recently won an award from a Wine Spectator and celebrated with a complimentary glass of champagne for each diner. The food was good, but not outstanding. The entree meals contained many elements, which in our opinion, may have overdone the flavors. We thought the dishes would be more simple and inspired from the on-site garden located on the San Ysidro Ranch property.Special Features:
- StonehouseBoboDined on 8/7/2014Second time Atmosphere, attention to detail, service - great Food ok, for pricing, just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and refreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We go to Stonehouse for quite evenings, lunch with girlfriends, and for small group intimate dinners. Beautiful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavegasmanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent service and ambience. The wine list was exceptional and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsFoodiesVIPDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant is beyond amazing. The good, ambiance and device are always impeccable. The wine list and Ty Bellini are exceptional. The Halibut, Duck and chocolate soufflé dishes are not to be missed. I wish I could bottle their amazing olive oil with fresh pepper, garlic, Basil and thyme. The rosemary rolls are also amazing. This is my favorite restaurant and I've been to namy of the Best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerTravelerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Unique! Wonderful! Waiter Mauricio was gracious and attentive. Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect nightF00DIEDined on 8/1/2014First, Stonehouse at YSR was featured in Wine Specator for August, check it out!! This was the perfect night, the service was beyond my expectations. Helpful but not hovering, let us take our time enjoying our cocktails, appetizers and dinner. What was more impressive, after dinner they suggested we walk the property to relax and enjoy it, we did just that. When we returned we ordered dessert (it was my birthday) and it was decorated nicely. Appetizer- scallops- delish! Dinner- halibut and boyfriend had duck breast. Both superb. Delicious combinations flavored. Dessert- Mayer Lemon Tart- I also has some Port wine to finish with my dessert. Yummm. The grounds are gorgeous, make sure you set aside some time to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serene & BeautifulBirdieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tranquil and amazing, a memorable experience visually, the food was excellent. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summertime on the PatiofoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/25/2014Another wonderful dinner at the ranch, can't go wrong with a warm summertime night on the patio! Nice chilled melon/lobster soup and they never miss on my favorite grilled chicken. Excellent wine list, bar knows how to make a proper cocktail. Thanks to valet for always keeping my car up front. Marcus did his usual great serving job. Yet another new hostess, seems like they go through one very 2 weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is the prettiest place. The grounds are breath taking and the furniture is comfortable. The Stonehaus was very comfortable with the smell and glow of real fires in the different fireplaces. The trees were lit like stars and it was very romantic. My only problem was we sat outside in the side garden. The bugs were terrible swRming around the lilac and therefore very annoying. The wait or said they would go away when the sun went down. Therefore I would ask to sit inside before a 7:30 or 8:00 reservation. Otherwise there is no place to compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014One of the best meals we have ever had in the most beautiful place!Special Features:
- Absolutely exquisite !Sea2ChrisDined on 7/17/2014The dining experience compares to none. Beautiful ambience! Food was delicious and the presentation was exquisite. The chocolate soufflé and homemade mint and chip ice cream was like no other! The aroma of the mint graces your senses before you even taste it! Thank you Chef Matthew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly exceptional fine dininglfod1776Dined on 7/16/2014The Stonehouse offers a beautiful setting, interesting menu, fresh ingredients and warm, impeccable service. Although they have an extensive wine list we preferred cocktails, and were impressed by the size and preparation of our drinks. Everything we had was delicious, from start to finish. One real stand-out was the mushroom side-dish, prepared with Gruyere cheese and shaved truffles. Interestingly, they feature some wonderful retro-style, classics: a sauteed abalone appetizer (delicious), dishes like steak Diane (fantastic, with mushrooms and sauce prepared table-side) and deserts like baked Alaska, bananas Foster (also perfectly prepared table-side) and souffles (also fantastic, as you would expect).Special Features:
- Romantic and DelectableMarleneVIPDined on 7/13/2014We dined here for the first time on a recent Sunday evening. Emily warmly greeted us upon arrival and invited us to sip a cocktail while we strolled the grounds before our meal. The gardens are colorful and incredibly well-maintained. We sat outside on the upper patio, a quiet candle-lit romantic setting. The wine list/book is over 75 pages with world-wide selections, and a decent selection of local wines by the glass. The appetizers were tasty (oysters, salad, and abalone) and dinner was delicious (duck). Just the right portions to afford room for dessert. There is a soufflé option, but we wanted to try other sweets. Our only complaint was the coffee was lukewarm and we needed to ask for refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for any occasionBarbaroVIPDined on 7/11/2014Can not say anything but outstanding in every dept. except late afternoon sun is annoying on some tables on west side of dining room if you are dining from 6-8 pm!Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner!foodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/8/2014Consistency in the restaurant game is tough, but after going here 25+ years, the Ranch continues to deliver a great experience. During this time of the year, we enjoy eating under the loquat trees. Chef keeps tweaking the menu which makes each visit interesting: strawberry salad was great (still like last year's watermelon salad), risotto very good, and thanks for keep delivering a nice roasted chicken. They have no problem substituting ingredients on any dish (I like their Brussels sprouts instead of mashed). Marciano did his usual great serving job, and thanks to valet crew who keep my cars up front.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014This was a great restaurant to try for a special occasion. The ambience was beautiful on the patio and the food was outstanding. However it was very very pricy for what it was at the same time. For what you are paying your expect to have good service and when that doesn't happen you feel like your money could have been better spent elsewhere. There seemed to be a lot of demanding customers sitting around out table too which probably was the reason for the service. Great place but considering State street nearby was filled with other beautiful restaurants with wonderful food as well I would probably look around first before trying this place in the future especially for what you pay to have dinner here. However it was a great experience! :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We truly had a great experience at San Ysidro Ranch. The staff was tremendously friendly and attentive. We were celebrating a "Babymoon" in Santa Barbara and the combination of the setting and the food made for a perfect evening. We are now looking at coming back for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The appetizer and the entrée were good but the chocolate soufflé was extraordinary. The service was impeccable and the setting spectacularSpecial Features:
- beautiful settingmikesblocalDined on 6/24/2014Nice setting with a french country side feel. Interesting menu served by well trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around dining experience!Diner1Dined on 6/23/2014Impeccable service with delicious food. The wine list is world class and the atmosphere is romantic. I highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical night at StonehouseDaveandLisaDined on 6/21/2014This is by far our favorite special occasion restaurant in the Santa Barbara area, it is incredible in every way. The setting is just magical up in the hills of Montecito, and if you book a table at 7:30 you have a wonderful sunset while enjoying the open air patio. Service was amazing and relaxed allowing us to pace our evening slowly to enjoy it all. The halibut with parmesan crust was beyond description, and the Steak Diane at table side made for a great course as well. Wine list is just amazing, and Sommelier was very helpful finding us an amazing Chablis for our seafood course a lovely Cab for the steak. This is what a romantic, fun restaurant should be and we cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 6/21/2014When we arrived for our lunch, we discovered that the restaurant was only serving a mended brunch for a set price. The Mimosas, Bellinnis, and sparkling wine were bottomless...a wonderful treat. There was a starter, an entre and a dessert on the menu from which to select. I will say the fired chicken and waffles with berries main entre was superb. The duck spring roll was also quite nice and very tasty. My friend's ordered the lobster omlette and they were not disappointed. Then more sparkling wine, Belinnis and Mimosas. Coffee with our desserts was an absolute must before our travels home.Special Features:
- HeavenlyjaxxDined on 6/14/2014A wonderful place. The staff was very attentive, knowledgable about menu. Mellow and beautiful surroundings, it was like Heaven. Luxurious. Best restaurant I have ever been to. I hope to go back again someday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great experience. Very professional staff. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Pretty incredibleNeilsenVIPDined on 6/8/2014Very romantic. Incredible wine list. Service was top-notch but not stuffy. Really enjoyed it and glad we went. Will definitely go back for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful. A must.ChrisDined on 6/5/2014We celebrated my birthday here while visiting Montecito/Santa Barbara. It was an absolutely magical evening. The food was fabulous, the server a character who made us smile.Special Features:
- Lost for words. It was so goodPRIMERDined on 6/5/2014We were a party of six for lunch. It happened to be my first cousin Donna's, my wife and granddaughters birthdays, and they had a BALL. The food was better than good, it was PHENOMENAL in every way. The service was just a good as the food. The setting could not have been better. Everyone had a great, fantastic time.Special Features:
- FabulousfoodiedudieVIPDined on 5/30/2014The Stonehouse was stellar. Highlight of a romantic trip to Santa Barbara. Sitting in the lower garden was wonderful. Food, service snd ambiance were just perfect. Flawless. Expensive but worth it. Fun to walk through the gardens before dinner. Such a beautiful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryRickAVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is the type of restaurant that goes on your bucket list. It is a must. It's a little pricey but worth every dime. It's also a little hard to find, so use GPSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 5/28/2014The wait staff was very attentive and the food was of exceptional quality. Reasonably priced. Beautiful venue and ambiance. The wine list was very complete and well rounded. The sommelier was knowledgable and easy to work with in selections. Would return without doubt.Special Features:
- Perfectly Delectable!whycookVIPDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed a perfectly crafted & delectable 3 course market menu lunch in the beautiful dining room during our recent stay in Santa Barbara. The heirloom tomato salad, pan seared Alaskan halibut & roasted organic chicken were all delicious & expertly prepared & the SYR Meyer lemon tart & trio of sorbets completed a memorable dining experience. A special thanks to Matt, our server, for his mastery.Special Features:
- Date night!kdotineDined on 5/20/2014The ambiance of that place is perfect for date nights because it's so romantic especially with twinkly lights all around the patio and fireplace going. The flavors of the food all were excellent. The only thing I would say that wasn't up to expectation was the fish. I thought it was a bit dryer than expected. Our server was excellent with great customer service.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing this timeSantaBarbarafoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2014I love eating in the garden at SYR. But this time the service was not good (forever to come around to us on every course) and the food was good but not as great as it usually is. And for those prices, it should be outstanding...and usually is.Special Features:
- Perfect brunchRbmiamiDined on 5/18/2014If you are going to Santa Barbara for a special occasion you must have lunch here. Drinks are great and bottomlessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.