Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
900 San Ysidro Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sanysidroranch.com/
- Phone: 8055651724x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: San Ysidro Ranch offers three unique Private Dining Rooms. The Adobe, a Santa Barbara County historical Landmark, can accomodate 10 guests. The beautiful Wine Cellar can accomodate up to 30 guests. Our spacious Hydrangea Cottage can comfortably seat 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maxine Rutledge 8055651702x
A word from Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch
Located in a 19th-century citrus packing house, the Stonehouse Restaurant features a relaxing lounge with full bar service and a separate dining room with a crackling fireplace and creek side views. Chef Matthew Johnson evocative regional cuisine is prepared with a palate of herbs and vegetables harvested from the Ranch’s organic chef’s garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (70)great for outdoor dining (64)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (47)scenic view (42)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (19)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Over pricedBrunchgoer243Dined on 10/19/2014I took my daughter for her 27th birthday there was 6 of us. the service was not great.food was nothing to write home about I went there to have a organic breakfast they served waffles and Fried chicken we don't eat meat. Nothing was fresh we had to sit with empty plates in front of us for a long while. Bill was 585.00 for a mediocre brunch. Will never go back.
- VeggieFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service and food. I had lunch and it was correct portions and top-notch ingredients.Special Features:
- Great Dinner on the PatiofoodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/16/2014Another nice fall evening on the patio, have to enjoy it before the weather changes. Adam did his usual great serving job, same for manager Javier. Ceviche app is probably the best in town. Good chicken, lamb, beet side and chocolate soufflé. Thanks to valet for always keeping my car up front.Special Features:
- California dining at its best!LACA4MEVIPDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful "hidden gem" located in the mountains near Santa Barbara. Beautiful setting, great food and service. Small and elegant the dining room is cosy, usually with a crackling fire going, the outdoor patio overlooking colorful gardens.Special Features:
- RobinVIPDined on 10/1/2014Worth a trip to this charming wonderful spot--amazing!! Highly recommend the Stonehouse at San YsidroSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent meal from start to finish. Great wine list with unique options. Even the wines by the glass from the bar before dinner were outstanding. Some of the best Crepe Suzette ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- week nightTrishsterDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful evening in the lower garden. We had both pork dishes and fish and chips. Marcus was fantastic and helped us pick up a nice bottle of wine.Special Features:
- TibiVIPDined on 9/22/2014Absolutely wonderful. Go when the sun is setting and the twinkling lights are like stars. The patio is fine, weather permitting, for a far off ocean view. Fireplace both in and out. The Steak Diane was perfect, sauce blended tableside. Truly a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to Server Brandon!foodforthoughtVIPDined on 9/17/2014The servers at the Ranch are always top notch and they go a long way to make the experience terrific. Brandon did his usual great job serving us on the patio. The special heirloom tomato salad was very good. Thought the halibut was too thin, should be a nice 1.5" piece that is simply grilled and finished in oven. Gran Marnier soufflé is my wife's favorite! Best lavash and olive sampler in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!SbsuzDined on 9/8/2014Although the prices are high, the total experience is worth every penny! Not an ounce of pretention or snobbiness-just delightful service and fabulous food!Special Features:
- syrlovelyDined on 9/7/2014Lovely. It was hot and a ceiling fan would have been welcome at our table. Too many flies were buzzing around us--but the ambiance, beauty and food were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Impeccable service, lovely grounds/views, very nice foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and servicenew2californiaDined on 9/4/2014The staff from the moment we walked in were outstanding, extremely helpful and friendly. My compliments to the chef, both mine and my boyfriends meal (yellowtail and the steak) was impressively cooked. Overall, a great service and meal topped off with beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice New ServerfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 9/3/2014Dined under the loquat trees this evening and had another great dinner from Chef Matt. Tried the steak Diane for two and it was good (a little pricey at $124, don't think we would order it again: can go to Lucky's and get a superior filet). Salads are always good, nice wine list. Very good service from new server, Jenny........keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lingered over lunchNotVeganDined on 9/3/2014Came for a late lunch on a Wednesday, and we were the only ones there so it felt like a private dining experience. Excellent food and service and the setting can't be matched. Nothing makes you feel like you're truly on vacation than a lingering lunch with a couple of glasses of good wine. We spent quite a bit of time exploring the beautiful property afterwards too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad underwhelmingLHeatsDined on 9/1/2014We were treated well here and the atmosphere was lovely (other than the cheesy laminated cocktail menus on every table!) That said, they honestly didn't seem to know that much about food. The dishes were pretty yummy, but given all the high ratings and steep prices, we were expecting better. We should have known that ordering steak with a table-side flambe would be more about the show than the meat, which just sat there during said show on a pile of potatoes. The fact that the wait staff made assumptions like that we didn't know what cremini mushrooms were, or thyme, made us realize this is more of a destination for people looking for a satisfying meal in a gorgeous location but NOT looking for culinary sophistication. A bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Fantastic place, food and serviceSkywalker71VIPDined on 8/31/2014We went there with our friends and our 3.5 year old. Great ambience, delicious food and amazing service, hospitality. We really enjoyed everything we ate. We will be back for sure. Great for special occasions, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of heavenMilgottDined on 8/30/2014Ambience, service and the Steak Diane were exquisite! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- One of the best in AmericaKAS1VIPDined on 8/25/2014Really nothing better describes this than being at one of the best restaurants in America in perhaps the best place in America, San Ysidro Ranch. From the ambiance to the service to the food, simply remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night Under the Loquat TreesfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/23/2014Consistently the best experience in Santa Barbara! After going here 25 years, you think maybe it would start to slip but management keeps their eye on the ball and the standards for ambience, food quality, and service continue to impress. I appreciate being greeted by name from the valet, servers and management. Brandon did his usual terrific serving job! This visit we had the calamari, coconut shrimp, trout, strawberry salad, roast chicken, old style Brussels sprouts and soufflé. Thanks for complementary wine pour to celebrate your ranking in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Quite possibly out best meal and dining experience everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014Few places deserve the distinction of Outstanding. San Ysidro is one. This visit was third over the summer. Service, cocktails and meal every visit has been marvelous. The setting inside or out is inviting and soothes. Take you pick of dishes…we haven’t had one less then great. Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- Magical experience for adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Dinner was magnificent! Eric was delightful, charming and while I am certain he has made the steak Diane many times over, he was playful and exuberant in sharing our excitement to order such a special dinner. Anyone can serve, few can add to the moment! Thank you for a spectacular evening! See you next year, Gabby Gabrielle "Gabby" Balazs firstname.lastname@example.org 714 3423912Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingJMWSDined on 8/10/2014The Stonehouse is a very romantic place to dine. The ambiance is off the charts and the service is superb. The restaurant recently won an award from a Wine Spectator and celebrated with a complimentary glass of champagne for each diner. The food was good, but not outstanding. The entree meals contained many elements, which in our opinion, may have overdone the flavors. We thought the dishes would be more simple and inspired from the on-site garden located on the San Ysidro Ranch property.Special Features:
- StonehouseBoboDined on 8/7/2014Second time Atmosphere, attention to detail, service - great Food ok, for pricing, just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and refreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We go to Stonehouse for quite evenings, lunch with girlfriends, and for small group intimate dinners. Beautiful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavegasmanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent service and ambience. The wine list was exceptional and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsFoodiesVIPDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant is beyond amazing. The good, ambiance and device are always impeccable. The wine list and Ty Bellini are exceptional. The Halibut, Duck and chocolate soufflé dishes are not to be missed. I wish I could bottle their amazing olive oil with fresh pepper, garlic, Basil and thyme. The rosemary rolls are also amazing. This is my favorite restaurant and I've been to namy of the Best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerTravelerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Unique! Wonderful! Waiter Mauricio was gracious and attentive. Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect nightF00DIEDined on 8/1/2014First, Stonehouse at YSR was featured in Wine Specator for August, check it out!! This was the perfect night, the service was beyond my expectations. Helpful but not hovering, let us take our time enjoying our cocktails, appetizers and dinner. What was more impressive, after dinner they suggested we walk the property to relax and enjoy it, we did just that. When we returned we ordered dessert (it was my birthday) and it was decorated nicely. Appetizer- scallops- delish! Dinner- halibut and boyfriend had duck breast. Both superb. Delicious combinations flavored. Dessert- Mayer Lemon Tart- I also has some Port wine to finish with my dessert. Yummm. The grounds are gorgeous, make sure you set aside some time to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serene & BeautifulBirdieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tranquil and amazing, a memorable experience visually, the food was excellent. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summertime on the PatiofoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/25/2014Another wonderful dinner at the ranch, can't go wrong with a warm summertime night on the patio! Nice chilled melon/lobster soup and they never miss on my favorite grilled chicken. Excellent wine list, bar knows how to make a proper cocktail. Thanks to valet for always keeping my car up front. Marcus did his usual great serving job. Yet another new hostess, seems like they go through one very 2 weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is the prettiest place. The grounds are breath taking and the furniture is comfortable. The Stonehaus was very comfortable with the smell and glow of real fires in the different fireplaces. The trees were lit like stars and it was very romantic. My only problem was we sat outside in the side garden. The bugs were terrible swRming around the lilac and therefore very annoying. The wait or said they would go away when the sun went down. Therefore I would ask to sit inside before a 7:30 or 8:00 reservation. Otherwise there is no place to compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014One of the best meals we have ever had in the most beautiful place!Special Features:
- Absolutely exquisite !Sea2ChrisDined on 7/17/2014The dining experience compares to none. Beautiful ambience! Food was delicious and the presentation was exquisite. The chocolate soufflé and homemade mint and chip ice cream was like no other! The aroma of the mint graces your senses before you even taste it! Thank you Chef Matthew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly exceptional fine dininglfod1776Dined on 7/16/2014The Stonehouse offers a beautiful setting, interesting menu, fresh ingredients and warm, impeccable service. Although they have an extensive wine list we preferred cocktails, and were impressed by the size and preparation of our drinks. Everything we had was delicious, from start to finish. One real stand-out was the mushroom side-dish, prepared with Gruyere cheese and shaved truffles. Interestingly, they feature some wonderful retro-style, classics: a sauteed abalone appetizer (delicious), dishes like steak Diane (fantastic, with mushrooms and sauce prepared table-side) and deserts like baked Alaska, bananas Foster (also perfectly prepared table-side) and souffles (also fantastic, as you would expect).Special Features:
- Romantic and DelectableMarleneVIPDined on 7/13/2014We dined here for the first time on a recent Sunday evening. Emily warmly greeted us upon arrival and invited us to sip a cocktail while we strolled the grounds before our meal. The gardens are colorful and incredibly well-maintained. We sat outside on the upper patio, a quiet candle-lit romantic setting. The wine list/book is over 75 pages with world-wide selections, and a decent selection of local wines by the glass. The appetizers were tasty (oysters, salad, and abalone) and dinner was delicious (duck). Just the right portions to afford room for dessert. There is a soufflé option, but we wanted to try other sweets. Our only complaint was the coffee was lukewarm and we needed to ask for refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for any occasionBarbaroVIPDined on 7/11/2014Can not say anything but outstanding in every dept. except late afternoon sun is annoying on some tables on west side of dining room if you are dining from 6-8 pm!Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner!foodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/8/2014Consistency in the restaurant game is tough, but after going here 25+ years, the Ranch continues to deliver a great experience. During this time of the year, we enjoy eating under the loquat trees. Chef keeps tweaking the menu which makes each visit interesting: strawberry salad was great (still like last year's watermelon salad), risotto very good, and thanks for keep delivering a nice roasted chicken. They have no problem substituting ingredients on any dish (I like their Brussels sprouts instead of mashed). Marciano did his usual great serving job, and thanks to valet crew who keep my cars up front.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014This was a great restaurant to try for a special occasion. The ambience was beautiful on the patio and the food was outstanding. However it was very very pricy for what it was at the same time. For what you are paying your expect to have good service and when that doesn't happen you feel like your money could have been better spent elsewhere. There seemed to be a lot of demanding customers sitting around out table too which probably was the reason for the service. Great place but considering State street nearby was filled with other beautiful restaurants with wonderful food as well I would probably look around first before trying this place in the future especially for what you pay to have dinner here. However it was a great experience! :)Special Features: