1661 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N3Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonegrill.com/home_fs.html
- Phone: 6046370388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:15pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: the STONE
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 180 for sit down dinners and receptions up to 350.
- Private Party Contact: John Chan 6046370388
A word from STONEGRILL
STONEGRILL, a steak and seafood restaurant extraordinaire, underneath the Granville Street Bridge situated on the North shore of False Creek, facing Granville Island, probably the best venue beautiful Vancouver has to offer. A healthy and yet delicious alternate that one has to experience first hand and return for. Crosses Beach Avenue. Free Parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
STONEGRILL reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good servicepaulDined on 9/18/2013Excellent service! The service attendant is very polite and sincere! He is always the one to end the conversation with 'you are welcome'!! Food is great and we didn't have to wait for too long for the foods. Price of lunch set is reasonable. The overall experience is great and would definitely recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2013Wonderful experience - love this concept of healthy eating. Its fun and unique. Super fresh seafood - delicious. Service excellent, very friendly and knowledgable. Great for large groups too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Bass, Mixed grill, LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013Sea Bass - on stone grill is always fresh and tasteful Mixed grills - 8 oz beef, 8 oz lamb, 8 oz chicken breast - perfect meal for a hungry tiger Lobster - looks like frozen ones from Costco - absolutely no flavor and flat - absolutely unrecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't burn your fingers!Mayo13Dined on 8/10/2013Perfectly creative way to try some of the freshest seafood around! Go for the sable fish & sea bass... delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantastic butluv2dineDined on 8/3/2013The food was fantastic but the resist was out of asparagus and the bar was out oiof an lchol, so the drink I ordered could not be made. I would still recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time -aepageDined on 8/1/2013Had a table right at the window as the restaurant wasn't very busy on Thursday night - great food and a great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family vacationFrancoisDined on 7/24/2013Cooking its own meal on a hot volcano stone made for a sizzling experience! Teens (15 & 10) loved it and ate all of their dinner. This was a different setting and a nice change. Adding to the experience was the spectacular view over the harbour and channel, and the sunset added a special moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening1FoodloverDined on 4/30/2013The restaurant was nice and had great big windows to look out to the water, we were there just in time for sunset and it was beautiful view. I ordered a set menu and the Mussels were fabulous, really nice saffron sauce. For the entree I had a NY steak and I was able to cook it to my perfection on the grill, great concept. The service was a bit slow but besides that I have no complain of this restaurant. Our neighbor ordered a rack of lamb and it looked so good so I am sure I will go again very soon to give that a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very different. Great location.SuzyDined on 4/26/2013Very different. Great location. Food wasn't memorable. It was different in the serving and eating on the stone. Feel that it should have come with more sauces. The seafood was good. Service so-so. Wine list needs work, not alot to choose from. I had to go to the bar to pay the bill as the machine was there and that was the only way... very strange. Pricey for what you got in terms of food, wine and service. Probably wouldn't return.Special Features:
- The concept (cooking on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013The concept (cooking on a stone) is great, but the restaurant needs a makeover; it's looking a bit tired. Service was friendly and, at least initially, attentive. I informed our waiter that we needed to be finish our meal within an hour so we could catch an 8PM play at Granville Island. He apparently forgot this because he never came by our table again after serving our main course. We never managed to complete our meal and still missed the first half hour of the play. However, the waiter apologized profusely and did deduct the wine from our bill.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant. We wereeaterDined on 4/18/2013Very good restaurant. We were celebrating birthday and was great. You can over looking Grandville Island if you get a window seat. Good food, good valueSpecial Features:
- Great food and view. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2013Great food and view. Service was awesome. Food portion was bigger than we expected. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- VIEW - VIEW - VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013VIEW - VIEW - VIEW Did I say view !!! We purposely went for lunch and on a nice day because we wanted the view. The food was a different concept, cooking on the stones. But quite nice. I would say though that it was over priced.Special Features:
- Really unique dining experience.ADAMO100Dined on 3/14/2013Really unique dining experience. I will return for sure.Special Features:
- Always enjoy dinner at StoneGrill,ShortyVIPDined on 2/14/2013Always enjoy dinner at StoneGrill, mainly because we cook our own meals. Excellent choices on the menu. Get a window seat and watch the boats travel under the Granville Bridge. Day or night it is fun to watch the water traffic.Special Features:
- Fun, Filling and Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Expensive until you factor in size of meat/fish portion and quality. I took my two sons and the total bill (no alchol) was $138 but each of us had a complete meal (we choose to have the set-price meals which included appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee or tea). The bill was about the same price as a dinner my boys & I had at The Keg but the meat served at the Stonegrill was superior, the uniqueness of cooking our own meat was fun and the service prodided by our server was perfect! I would recommend if the price doesn't scare ya :) :)Special Features:
- It was definately an experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013It was definately an experience to try food cooking right in front of us on a stone. The food does taste good. The dine out menu for the steak was not a value since after we calculated everything, I think we only save $3 to $4. The seafood option is slightly better deal. The restaurant decor is a bit dated considering the price point, too quiet (meaning not much customers), the view is awesome though.
- Excellent in everywayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013We brought our parents there Dine Out Vancouver menu, as $38 for a three course meal it was such a great deal. We ordered two New York steak meals, one Trio Fish, and one Lamb Sirloin, my mom could never finished the lamb and she kept giving us the sirloin pieces. The scallops were very tasty too and the New York steaks were at excellent grade as well. We saw a couple brought in their little baby so this is definitely a family friendly but you can still overlook Granville Island on the side of the river. I would bring my friends who will come visit us in summer 2013 to show them the night light of Vancouver Uptown. P.S. They even have a big free parking lot right outside the restaurant which you never find in Downtown Vancouver.Special Features:
- Did not get a table with amaksterDined on 2/3/2013Did not get a table with a better view when requesting , quality of food is OK only
- Terrible service, awkwardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Terrible service, awkward ambiance, but the food was an interesting experience. Second visit to the Stonegrill after 9 years but there may have been a change in management. The food and atmosphere used to be high-end and fancy but now it has a cheap feel to it. Again, food was good. Lamb and mussels were flavorful and the portions were perfect.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Everything was wonderful except it would be even better if the ventilation was better as our clothes had quite a strong odor afterwards.
- We went there for the dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We went there for the dine out menu. We are very disappointed in the appetizers and desserts. The main courses (steak and lamb) are alright.Special Features:
- I was a little skeptical goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013I was a little skeptical going it - cook my own food? But they do it in such an easy way that it doesn't get in the way of enjoying the food. I had the trio of fish and the fish, freshly grilled by yours truly, was amazing! The views are really nice - underside of Granville Bridge and Granville Island. The only problem, honestly, was that it was really empty which took away from the ambiance.Special Features:
- Absolutely loved our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2013Absolutely loved our dinner here! Food was fabulous and with the stone, it was hot right up until the last bite. Loved it so much we booked for next week.Special Features:
- We had my husbands 50th bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013We had my husbands 50th bday party dinner there.Great time for our party of 10 peopleSpecial Features:
- Good steak, more of a touristgordmetVIPDined on 1/20/2013Good steak, more of a tourist spot for a great view and interesting concept.
- For our group the only thingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013For our group the only thing that we didn't like too much was that it took forever for bill to come. Instead of a dinner that was suppose to be 2 hrs, it had turned into 3.5hrs. Other than that everyone enjoyed themselves very much. Many of us will be back.Special Features:
- The food was satisfying andShafarDined on 1/19/2013The food was satisfying and the staff friendly, however the service itself was poor. Our dinner party of 3 went there for a special birthday during Dine-Out Vancouver. The dinner reservations was early in the evening as we requested a table with a water view. We were given a table in the corner overlooking the back parking lot of an apartment building. We were not informed of the surcharge for the NY steak and had to ask twice for butter for our bread. The menu pages were plastic covered and it made what was supposed to be a "fine dining" experience, feel more like an eat in-take out restaurant. The brown table linen was washed out in colour and still had spots on it. For the price of the food, I won't be going back.Special Features:
- great food, service. new conceptBarbnDarrenDined on 12/31/2012great food, service. new concept for my wife and i, neat concept.Special Features:
- Third time here. The VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Third time here. The Vancouver location is definitely better than the Metrotown location - both view and service. The food is very healthy and I can get it cooked the way I want. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place, but I would like it a little bit bright. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly, the dessert were great! My friend and I both enjoyed food and the environment.Special Features:
- make sure you bring a couponOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2012make sure you bring a coupon 2 for 1 deal. fantastic. 2 times I was there, lunch on sunday, dinner on monday. we were the only customer. food and service was great.Special Features:
- We took some friends for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2012We took some friends for a Birthday dinner and had a wonderful time. No rush, menu was thoroughly explained, suggestions that were made turned out to be fantastic. The wine list was excellent. The fish was unbelievably good. People who have not had the experience of cooking their food on a stone are in for a surprise!!! The lovely view over False Creek is second to none, even on a darker day! Must go again soon!!Special Features:
- Really neat experience! mybearjakDined on 10/13/2012Really neat experience! my group of for had a great time! The food was amazing.Special Features:
- good Happy birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012Really enjoyed our celebration of my niece's 26th anniversary. We all loved our food and we were a large group of 8. Thanks for the great special dietary service. Great fun, great food!Special Features:
- The table behind us was ratherOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2012The table behind us was rather loud, but that isn't something the restaurant can control. Service, for the most part, was excellent. But the clean-up seemed a bit rushed. Overall, a positive experience, and I'd definitely come back again.Special Features:
- A must!!!!!LanaDined on 9/25/2012Stone grill was recommended by a friend we had never been to Vancouver before and wanted a good scenic place and that was exactly what we got!! I loved the unique experience of cooking ur own food on a heated stone!! So cool and very healthy!! We left feeling satisfied!! Good portions for the price no one leaves hungry!! We took our 14 yr old daughter and we all had a blast and a few good laughs while cooking our food!! It was a lot of fun, staff was great very accommodating and the atmosphere was very appealing!! I would highly recommend and would definitely go back!!!!Special Features:
- While the food can be a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012While the food can be a little plain for my taste the cook your own concept gives a nice interactive atmosphere which is great and lends a something extra to a meal out.Special Features:
- How come my meal was $53,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012How come my meal was $53, I only got one mixed salad,one main course which is seabass and beefsteak.Special Features:
- The environment is good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012The environment is good. Usually table is available in weekday's evening.Special Features: