1708 L Street NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonefish.com/
- Phone: 2028274980
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Stonefish Grill
Hot new restaurant and lounge featuring elevated American, Seafood, Southern/Soul menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stonefish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (5)good for groups (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Okay placeLaborLawDined on 8/14/2014This place is a night club selling food. The food I ordered was okay but but not good enough to want to go back a second time. Plus there were only 6 other people in the restaurant for lunch.Special Features:
- Prompt Group AttentionMollyDined on 7/9/2014Lunch at Stonefish Grill was very good. We went their as an office for an employee who was leaving our Agency and both the food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Like They Gave Up Halfwaygcamacho33VIPDined on 6/18/2014This place is quite possibly the most odd restaurant in all of DC. It is a seafood restaurant that is in a dark basement, that is furnished like a Miami pool club. The decor is the first part that is jarring about this experience. The bar is immaculate and seems to be the first part of the place that was built. As you move further from the bar you can notice less effort going into the decor. By the time you reach the opposite wall you notice white furniture with scratches and scuff marks all over it. The host stand is on wheels and looks more fit to be outdoors and the host sits on a rolling office chair. My soda came in a plastic cup. This is ridiculous for a place that has an entree that is almost $30. Food was fair. I wouldn't go back.
- DCdiningDined on 6/18/2014The food was great, the staff was very attentive. The animal print decor, gauze covered booths with couches and pillows and the lighting is definitely more suitable for a romantic or a club scene night out. I would not recommend going there for a work lunch.Special Features:
- Great placeAyoAtDined on 6/13/2014Went for a business lunch and it was very good. The service was the phenomenonal. It was raining profusely when I was leaving. The owner offered me an umbrella. It was very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Stonefish Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent Mothers DayMojoDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time coming and and everything was great, the only thing I have to say is, that some foods I wanted to enjoy, I couldnt because it was spicy, and the people serving the food could smile more. But my mon, son, friend and I had a great time. It was the firt time I had drinks with my momSpecial Features:
- mothers day brunchniceoneDined on 5/11/2014We too my mom for a $35 mothers day brunch. Bottomless mimosa and a great buffet. Mom loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoDCDinerDined on 4/23/2014Went there for lunch. Food was just ok. Ambience was nice considering there were only about 10 other people in the restaurant. Decor was nice. Seemed to be more of a lounge than a restaurant.Special Features:
- A night club not really a restauranluv2eatoutVIPDined on 4/11/2014The restaurant was conveniently located near the National Geographic where we were going for a lecture. Given our schedule, we went before 6 PM which might have influenced our experience. It is located downstairs in a basement with no windows. It was mainly set up with the bar and then soft sofa seats and tables. Clearly it is meant to be for dancing and drinking and not really eating. We were the only ones there and the service was slow as people were setting up for the evening of music and dancing. My husband had the crab cakes which had little taste and my fish was not very exciting either. Sorry that i cannot recommend this one as a place to eat but maybe later in the evening it is hopping as a bar and dancing scene.Special Features:
- I would never recommend thisRJH2014Dined on 3/24/2014I would never recommend this establishment to anyone. My reservations were not honored even though I was there on time. Management and the hostess were very unprofessional.
- Good place to meet for lunch.Mtg4LunchDined on 3/10/2014Good place to meet for lunch. Food was fine. Had the salmon ceasar salad and salmon was grilled nicely and HOT when served. Contemporary white Euro lounge seating and nice alcoves for small groups or intimit gathering. It was EMPTY for Monday lunch, perhaps is busier on other days and evenings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMirandaDined on 2/28/2014Don't let the fact that this restaurant requires a flight down below street level to deter you.I have been to Stonefish several times and am always surprised to find it isn't more packed. The food is great, it offers a nice atmosphere -- white table cloths, good service -- and quiet ambiance so you can talk to your friends without shouting! Highly recommend for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2014This was my first visit and it was very pleasant. Welcoming service and great ambience. Food selections were excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Don't think it will lastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2013The only positive that I will give this restaurant is that it had a neat south beach ambiance. The wait staff was awkward and sloppy. The food was uninspired and blah. I ordered a salmon dish and it was overcooked. Served with bok Choy that was in edible. The crab bread ap tasted fishy and the crab was not picked well. I will not be back and neither will anyone in my group of 5. Oh and we made reservations and had to put the table together ourselves.