1905 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonedcrab.net/
- Phone: 6103988060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ron Pickering
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Create your own party menu, to fit your budget, from our existing dinner menu. Attention to detail, no matter the size of your party.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Mathis 6103988060x
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour 5pm to 7pm. Reduced Drinks and Happy Hour Bar Apps & Martinis for $5.
Early Bird Specials Daily 4 to 5:30, Entrees include House Salad, Starch and Vegetable. Priced $11.95-$14.95. See our Website for Early Bird Selections at www.stonedcrab.net.
A word from Stoned Crab
Serving Lunch Monday thru Friday and Serving Dinner 7 days a week. Our Dinner Menu offers our customers many choices, so whether you’re in the mood for a Burger or a Lobster meal, we've got you covered. We feature a daily Happy Hour with Drink Specials. Come, relax and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stoned Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- catching upConcertgoerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Met a friend for dinner to catch up. Good booths in the bar area to do so. Waitress went the extra mile to bring me my coat in the parking lot after I left it at the table.Special Features:
- LetdownDisappointed1Dined on 8/10/2014I chose Stoned Crab because of the lovely dining area I saw on the net. It was a special occasion, our friend's anniversary dinner. We "dressed up" for the occasion but were seated in a wooden booth, not lovely dining room. I mentioned to the server that this was a special occasion and that I wondered where the lovely dining area was and I was told that was opened only when necessary, mostly for overflow of customers. We had a so-so dinner and the server waited until we were almost finished with our meal before asking if everything was ok. No, I would not recommend this place to anyone nor will I go back. We don't mind the cost when the meal and ambience is worth it. This was NOT worth the cost for such a disappointing evening.
- Excellent seafood!KarenDined on 8/9/2014Whenever my husband and I are hungry for pure seafood, our first choice is the Stoned Crab. Their broiled combination seafood, which includes shrimp, scallops, white fish, crab cake and 1/2 lobster tail, is delicious and well priced at $28.95. It includes a salad, starch and fresh vegetable.....it's always excellent!Special Features:
- We love it!TDDandGDSDined on 7/26/2014We typically go here for a special occasion. This time was my birthday and in a week, maybe we'll join Stoned Crab for our anniversary. If we lived closer I could see us eating here more often and trying the lunch menu. The food is always good, service is friendly and he prices are reasonable. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalfoodconsumerDined on 7/20/2014Dinner for our 45th wedding anniversary at the Stoned Crab was exceptional. Have eaten at this restaurant many times and have always enjoyed the food. The service was friendly, timely and unobtrusive. The portions are generous and the quality of preparations indicate a good understanding of quality dining. Pricing was fair and the relaxed atmosphere contributed to a memorable night.Special Features:
- Good, but not exceptional.psukkrewDined on 7/20/2014The drinks were great and the service was superb! The food was good, but not anything spectacular. I felt the prices were high considering the food was not that exceptional. I might try again or recommend just for a drink or possibly lunch.Special Features:
- Average Quality at a High PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Felt the menu was ordinary for the price of the meals. My meal of NY Strip was $28 and added a side of scallops. Both had nothing special to them asked for medium rare and came out medium to medium well. Don't mind paying for a great meal but this was not.
- Good food, nice atmospherelovetodineoutDined on 7/12/2014Celebrated my anniversary. Was given a complimentary glass of champagne. Staff was very attentive and food was above average. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Prices a little high but not outrageous. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- Stoned Crab - high price, avg foodCASRDined on 7/8/2014We celebrated family birthdays at Stoned Crab on July 8, 2014. The restaurant is filled with booths in dark wood. We were seated quickly and our birthday guests were offered a glass of champagne, which they declined. I would have preferred a little cupcake at the end of the meal instead. We ordered 2 appetizers to start, calamari and crab tots which were ok. The house salads were pretty plain. Our entrees of salmon, seafood combo and seafood scampi were good, but there was nothing special about them that supported the higher than average cost. Bread served with the meal was dry as a desert. So overall my guests rated the meals average and the cost overpriced for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritebradDined on 7/5/2014never had a bad meal yet. When i have friends in from out of town we always go to Stoned crabSpecial Features:
- going down hill....kathyDined on 7/3/2014we used to LOVE this place....however...this last visit....portions were much smaller...not as much of a selection....no recommendations from us this time....
- serviceLINDABEARDined on 6/30/2014waitress service was only fair, scowl on her face when she got to our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but priceyWillEatitDined on 6/28/2014Tried the restaurant on recommendation from friend.Food wasn't bad but pricey. Same for the wine list. I've had better food and drink elsewhere. Traveled 45 mins north to get there. Same time or less east gets better quality. Probably a good option if you're local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Overall, my evening was very enjoyable, fantastic food, great service, I would highly recommend you restaurant to people...Special Features:
- DisappointmentFrankDined on 6/9/2014My wife order the scallops expecting to see nice size sea scallops, instead she received over size bay scallops. Didn't care for the way your chef makes his 1/2 lobster tail. Prefer the meat to be sitting on top of the shell, instead of being broiled in the shell. Waitress (284 Marie)was a little to chatty with her personal dinning experiences. I brought my son and daughter out to celebrate their birthday and we don't get to see each other that much and felt she was cutting into our time together.Special Features:
- OverpricedSunny98Dined on 6/7/2014The food was at best just average, but the prices are high. For the cost of this visit a number of other restaurant in our area are a better value.
- monaDined on 6/5/2014I think the lunchtime is limiting Only one or two dinners.......waitress did not ask if we wanted dessert........Not very busy place
- underwhelmednjscDined on 5/24/2014Although our food was good, I was not very impressed with my filet mignon. I requested it be cooked medium, which could be a risk, but the meat was not tender and was even a bit difficult to cut. At that price, I expected it to be better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Didn't care for the second floor, had reservations, and was put upstairs , very banquet like atmosphere .Special Features:
- Great SeafoodTDDandGDSDined on 5/16/2014To us, this is one of those restaurants that you go to for a special occasion but would be awesome for a regular weekend meal. Great food, comfortable atmosphere, nice wait staff. We've only been here twice so far(usually we're looking for something quick and closer to home) but we've had the twin lobster tails both times and they were cooked perfectly. Melt in your mouth goodness and not chewy at all. I highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Our friends had the broiled combination and they too said it was super good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!pmadesignsDined on 5/11/2014Raw oysters, that is. They were delicious!! Tender, sweet & succulent. I'd go back for the raw oysters alone. Lobster tail, king crab legs, prime rib and crab cakes were our entrees of choice, all very delicious. A tad on the expensive end of the Lehigh Valley restaurant spectrum, but scrumptious despite the cost. Our server Nick, was wonderful. Joking and laughing along with us, ignoring us when appropriate and doting when needed. Overall, our Mothers Day Brunch experience was a good one. I would note, though, the cocktails at the beginning of our meal were quite under par for such an establishment. Watered down and underwhelming. Quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!BERNIEDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food & service even on Mothers Day weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at a reasonable priceDiningOut4DinnerDined on 5/10/2014This was not our first visit to the Stoned Crab in Macungie. We decided to celebrate Mother's Day with three generations in attendance on the Saturday evening before Mother's Day. Although we dined early, there was a good crowd celebrating the special occasion, so the noise level was higher than normal, but still low enough to allow conversation at the table. As always, the food was great! Two of our members ordered from the very affordable Early Bird Special menu while the rest ordered from the regular dinner menu. Known for their seafood, there were still a number on non-seafood choices. Everything was prepared to our liking. The servings were large enough to make dessert an option.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Service was inept. 3 of 5 meals inedible Fish was over cooked, dry and totally lacking in any flavor. While we have enjoyed time at the bar on previous visits, this dinner was not worth the time and money spent
- The following 446 reviews are from the Stoned Crab reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014There were 4 of us for dinner. We were promptly seated in the upstairs dinning room; tables were a little small for the amount of plates, glasses etc. and were too close together for privacy. Both the crabcakes & steak were very good as was the escargot and shrimp coctail. Lamb chops were ok but not great. Waitress wasn't sure about the price to add crab meat to the lamb chops which turned out to be less $ and less crab than she thougt. The mushroom rizzonto that accompanied the lamb was excellent as were the stuffed twice baked potatos. Price was reasonable, 3 appetizers, several drinks & 4 entress for $200. Portions were more than large enough. We were too full for dessert. Nice selection of wines by the bottle and glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always quiet at lunchlamiDined on 4/15/2014no one comes for lunch, so it's very quiet then. great for business meetings. crab cakes are good, crab bisque is nice and rich. never been there at night, so not sure if it gets busier or not at that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories lingerKsparrowDined on 4/12/2014We chose this restaurant based on location and booth style, cozy warm and PRIVATE. Didn't have to shout to hear! A great little spot for soup and salad and a nice glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantdubs1Dined on 4/11/2014We have been to this restaurant four times and it keeps getting better all the time! We have changed up our dinner choices each time. Have yet to experience any food item that didn't exceed our expectations. So far, we have had: Appetizers: crab mac n cheese, crab puffs, raw oysters. Salads: The House Balsamic dressing is out of this world! Entrees: Stuffed flounder. Broiled seafood, crab au gratin, lobster tails, seafood scampi. Havent had dessert-->> our bellies were too stuffed with dinner!Special Features:
- Good apps, entrees only ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014First time diners. Fried Calamari was very good as were the Caesar's Salads. However, my wife's Pan Seared Scallops were a bit overcooked and inconsistently seared with no sear at all on two. My Baked Flounder was cooked nicely, only to be marred by an overly salty sauce. Nothing was bad enough to complain about so we'll likely go back but with lowered expectations - probably do burgers and apps as at the entree prices charged, we expected better. Nice atmosphere and professional staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointedBirthdaydinnerDined on 3/30/2014We had entire upstairs area by ourselves for 20 -25 min. Placed drink order and appetizers at same time. Drinks were prompt appetizers not. had to ask for bread, it was not offered and brought out after appetizers. Our main entrees arrived 1 1/2 hours into our dinner! The waitress apologized citing "the kitchen got slammed" which is hard to believe as the restaurant was not crowded nor the parking lot 1/4 full The stuffed flounder was thin dry rubbery and tasteless! Over cooked and not convinced it was flounder. Couldn't find a flaky piece of fish anywhereThe stuffed crab had extremely strong taste. My daughter couldn't finish more than three bites. Expensive night out for a bust of a birthday dinner. Will not be returning
- Great Restaurant !!SteakloverDined on 3/29/2014Our second visit to the Stoned Crab was just as great as the first !! we only had burgers this time but equally as gourmet as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Stoned CrabEatOut16Dined on 3/21/2014We don't eat out very often, but I wanted a nice restaurant for my husband's birthday. I made the reservation online. We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server was friendly, prompt and attentive. The food we ordered was delicious. I would definitely recommend the Stoned Crab to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent.shelbyDined on 3/15/2014Food and service was excellent. Only complaint was they sat us downstairs (instead of upstairs in the bigger dining room) in a wooden booth and myself and husband had a little kid kicking the back of our booth the whole time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a restaurant that hasBobbyDined on 3/1/2014For a restaurant that has the word Crab in it, the crab cakes were nothing like I was hoping for ...Crab cakes need a new recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014The upstairs room was perfect for us. However I feel that because we were the only diners up there the service suffered. The food as usual was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice business lunch, mostlyBERNIEDined on 2/20/2014Nice business lunch, mostly salads Tuna Nicoise is excellent!!! We were seated upstairs which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Very easy to make reservations. Food was great, prices are decent, good drink menu! Our waiter was phenomenal. He was very knowledgable and had a great personality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAdamDined on 2/16/2014I ate a burger, for some reason I was not in the mood for seafood. It came out medium well like I asked and was great. The whole experience was nice. There was a great atmosphere, and it was nice a romantic for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayKarenDined on 2/15/2014Been here many times in the past six months. Ask for a table on the 2nd floor, which is much quieter and more romantic than the first floor. The first floor has a vibrant bar and tends to be noisier and more casual. The prices are on the high side, so a second floor table will make you feel as though it was worth the price. Delicious seafood.....well worth splurging on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fairly pricedGlutenFreeDined on 2/15/2014Our dinners were a little above average. I got the halibut special with scalloped potatoes which was great. My husband ordered the Mediterranean Tilapia which was fine but not great. My only criticism was that they used frozen vegetables. Otherwise it was a very good dining experience at a fair price. They had several gluten free options too. The atmosphere is nice as well.Special Features: