1905 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonedcrab.net/
- Phone: (610) 398-8060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ron Pickering
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Create your own party menu, to fit your budget, from our existing dinner menu. Attention to detail, no matter the size of your party.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Mathis 6103988060x
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour 5pm to 7pm. Reduced Drinks and Happy Hour Bar Apps & Martinis for $5.
Early Bird Specials Daily 4 to 5:30, Entrees include House Salad, Starch and Vegetable. Priced $11.95-$14.95. See our Website for Early Bird Selections at www.stonedcrab.net.
A word from Stoned Crab
Serving Lunch Monday thru Friday and Serving Dinner 7 days a week. Our Dinner Menu offers our customers many choices, so whether you’re in the mood for a Burger or a Lobster meal, we've got you covered. We feature a daily Happy Hour with Drink Specials. Come, relax and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Stoned Crab - Best Restaurants in Macungie ›
Stoned Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (23)romantic (21)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- What I expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I was not at all surprised as I have dined here before. I recently started a new position and wanted a reason to celebrate. We were in the area and chose the Stoned Crab based on a past experience. The food is excellent and the staff is consistently a pleasure. I have worked in customer service so this is a big selling point. They are congenial and sincere. The atmosphere is excellent as well. I ordered the New York strip steak. Wife had Crab Cakes. We both don't eat big in one setting. But we barely had anything going home with us! Nice job to the staff and management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first and lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This was our first and last visit to The Stoned Crab. The New York strip steak was done as ordered but was so fatty that half of it was inedible. On a broiled seafood combo the little lobster tail was cold and tough like jerky. The fingerling potatoes were tasty as was the flounder stuffed with crabmeat. Overall it was disappointing and we will not return.
- Always outstandingK2ahDined on 11/22/2014Second visit as outstanding as the first. Food was excellent, service was great. My only wish is that they would get better coffee (coffee snob here) to finish a fabulous meal with.... The Stoned Crab is truly a hidden gem......we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANTColinDined on 11/21/2014Really fine dining in Macungie, PA, at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere/tavern settingJCMEDMHavertownPADined on 11/20/2014Enjoyed our first visit here....good selections, early bird menu and other specials offered. Would return when in area. We met friends here for an early dinner and none of us were disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedMaryDined on 11/14/2014In the past we have had great meals at Stoned Crab. Unfortutely, this time we were very disappointed. The food was so over salted I couldn't eat my salad & my husband could not eat his roasted potatoes because of too much salt. The service was also poor...very slow.
- Absolutely superb!PoconoJoDined on 11/8/2014If you're looking for an exquisite fine dining experience, the Stoned Carb is the place to go. They offered a nice wine list, appropriately sized portions, excellent salads, delicious French Onion soup, and the Chicken Picatta was to die for! Everything the chef made was bursting with flavor.Special Features:
- Not what I remember...DisappointingDined on 11/8/2014For all the times we've eaten here, this is by far the most disappointing. Normally I would rate the food top notch. This time not so much. My appetizer came out cold and had to be sent back. The dressing on my salad was so salty it made my eyes water. My dinner was very good, but the description noted the seafood OVER the risotto, not IN. For me it completely changed the dish's flavor. Not sure I would go back any time soon...Special Features:
- Nice new place.RobandRebDined on 10/25/2014Food was very good, especially the weekend features, which we both had. The waiter was fine on top of everything!Special Features:
- Nice findLilfoodie23Dined on 10/18/2014Had a very good experience at the Stoned Crab. We are now fans and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent evening outfir3hawk01Dined on 10/11/2014Got a nice quiet table upstairs so we were able to talk. Food was excellent, seafood combo and Rack of Lamb was out of this world. Server was attentive, and brought us a glass of complimentary champagne for our 1st anniversary. Well worth the money spent, will be back to try out the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Very nice ambiance and awesome foodKEMJMMDined on 10/4/2014We have been there numerous times and have always had great food, friendly service and a full stomach. Keep up the awesome jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence times ten!KarenDined on 9/27/2014We always enjoy our visits to The Stoned Crab. Their broiled seafood combo is the best in the Valley! Ask for a table upstairs if you're looking for a quiet, romantic evening. Ask to sit downstairs if you're looking for a lively bar scene. It's the best of both worlds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were a small group (12) seated at a long table making it a little difficult to converse. Food and service were excellent and made up for this little wrinkle. Our waitress even made our evening by giving separate checks for each couple which made it easier for those who do not drink or order appetizers. Will definitely plan a return visit. Shrimp, crab, swordfish, soups and mixed dishes were among our choices all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went to the Stoned Crab on a reccomendation from friends. Took our children, ages 14 and 15 and we were all impressed! The menu had something for us all.....and the food was OUTSTANDING. Best seafood I have found in the valley...hands down. The service was also immpecable. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoned Crab was GoodBooBoo18069Dined on 9/13/2014We visited the Stoned Crab Saturday night; I can't give a great review. Everything was just good, not great. I felt the service was slow and the wait staff member was just a little off. Our food was good but I felt the value or portion for the price was off as well. My wife had the lamb chops which were over cooked from the requested Med Rare. There were two chops each with two bones so essentially 4 chops. This was filling but lately I've been surprised by restaurants giving six or more chops. I ordered Crab Leg add on to my meal, I got two nice crab legs but the add-on price was a bit steep. Our friends enjoyed there meal two of us a seafood broiled combo which once again was nice, the Risotto though was salty.
- My new favorite restaurant!!!ktdid1269Dined on 9/13/2014The service and drink selections were absolutely fabulous. The food was beyond amazing. Everything was delicious. It was an accidental find online that I am beyond pleased to have found. Although I am not from the area, I will gladly travel the 1.5 hours to go back for our next special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent visitnanceVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our second visit in a year - we don't live close so we were in the area for an event. Last year the dinner was good - service was nice and we were happy. This year was entirely different - the food was fabulous - we loved our server (I wish I could remember her name) and we were seated on the 2nd floor which is a really pretty room. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service were awesome.melovefoodDined on 9/7/2014The flavors of the food were perfect. Best meal at a restaurant in a long time that wasn't prepared or served incorrectly. The server timed out each course so we could enjoy all the tastes and not rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt the food was average.zdineDined on 8/29/2014The food was good, but it was nothing exceptional. Lots of butter, I thought my food was overly buttered and the crab legs served on the table were dry, likely sitting around too long. It wasn't bad by any means, but I would not go out of my way to go there.
- me2youDined on 8/23/2014Food and service were excellent. We sat near the bar which was alittle loud. We have eaten here many times and will keep coming back.Special Features:
- catching upConcertgoerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Met a friend for dinner to catch up. Good booths in the bar area to do so. Waitress went the extra mile to bring me my coat in the parking lot after I left it at the table.Special Features:
- LetdownDisappointed1Dined on 8/10/2014I chose Stoned Crab because of the lovely dining area I saw on the net. It was a special occasion, our friend's anniversary dinner. We "dressed up" for the occasion but were seated in a wooden booth, not lovely dining room. I mentioned to the server that this was a special occasion and that I wondered where the lovely dining area was and I was told that was opened only when necessary, mostly for overflow of customers. We had a so-so dinner and the server waited until we were almost finished with our meal before asking if everything was ok. No, I would not recommend this place to anyone nor will I go back. We don't mind the cost when the meal and ambience is worth it. This was NOT worth the cost for such a disappointing evening.
- Excellent seafood!KarenDined on 8/9/2014Whenever my husband and I are hungry for pure seafood, our first choice is the Stoned Crab. Their broiled combination seafood, which includes shrimp, scallops, white fish, crab cake and 1/2 lobster tail, is delicious and well priced at $28.95. It includes a salad, starch and fresh vegetable.....it's always excellent!Special Features:
- The following 467 reviews are from the Stoned Crab reviews archive.
- We love it!TDDandGDSDined on 7/26/2014We typically go here for a special occasion. This time was my birthday and in a week, maybe we'll join Stoned Crab for our anniversary. If we lived closer I could see us eating here more often and trying the lunch menu. The food is always good, service is friendly and he prices are reasonable. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalfoodconsumerDined on 7/20/2014Dinner for our 45th wedding anniversary at the Stoned Crab was exceptional. Have eaten at this restaurant many times and have always enjoyed the food. The service was friendly, timely and unobtrusive. The portions are generous and the quality of preparations indicate a good understanding of quality dining. Pricing was fair and the relaxed atmosphere contributed to a memorable night.Special Features:
- Good, but not exceptional.psukkrewDined on 7/20/2014The drinks were great and the service was superb! The food was good, but not anything spectacular. I felt the prices were high considering the food was not that exceptional. I might try again or recommend just for a drink or possibly lunch.Special Features:
- Average Quality at a High PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Felt the menu was ordinary for the price of the meals. My meal of NY Strip was $28 and added a side of scallops. Both had nothing special to them asked for medium rare and came out medium to medium well. Don't mind paying for a great meal but this was not.
- Good food, nice atmospherelovetodineoutDined on 7/12/2014Celebrated my anniversary. Was given a complimentary glass of champagne. Staff was very attentive and food was above average. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Prices a little high but not outrageous. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- Stoned Crab - high price, avg foodCASRDined on 7/8/2014We celebrated family birthdays at Stoned Crab on July 8, 2014. The restaurant is filled with booths in dark wood. We were seated quickly and our birthday guests were offered a glass of champagne, which they declined. I would have preferred a little cupcake at the end of the meal instead. We ordered 2 appetizers to start, calamari and crab tots which were ok. The house salads were pretty plain. Our entrees of salmon, seafood combo and seafood scampi were good, but there was nothing special about them that supported the higher than average cost. Bread served with the meal was dry as a desert. So overall my guests rated the meals average and the cost overpriced for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritebradDined on 7/5/2014never had a bad meal yet. When i have friends in from out of town we always go to Stoned crabSpecial Features:
- going down hill....kathyDined on 7/3/2014we used to LOVE this place....however...this last visit....portions were much smaller...not as much of a selection....no recommendations from us this time....
- serviceLINDABEARDined on 6/30/2014waitress service was only fair, scowl on her face when she got to our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but priceyWillEatitDined on 6/28/2014Tried the restaurant on recommendation from friend.Food wasn't bad but pricey. Same for the wine list. I've had better food and drink elsewhere. Traveled 45 mins north to get there. Same time or less east gets better quality. Probably a good option if you're local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Overall, my evening was very enjoyable, fantastic food, great service, I would highly recommend you restaurant to people...Special Features:
- DisappointmentFrankDined on 6/9/2014My wife order the scallops expecting to see nice size sea scallops, instead she received over size bay scallops. Didn't care for the way your chef makes his 1/2 lobster tail. Prefer the meat to be sitting on top of the shell, instead of being broiled in the shell. Waitress (284 Marie)was a little to chatty with her personal dinning experiences. I brought my son and daughter out to celebrate their birthday and we don't get to see each other that much and felt she was cutting into our time together.Special Features:
- OverpricedSunny98Dined on 6/7/2014The food was at best just average, but the prices are high. For the cost of this visit a number of other restaurant in our area are a better value.
- monaDined on 6/5/2014I think the lunchtime is limiting Only one or two dinners.......waitress did not ask if we wanted dessert........Not very busy place
- underwhelmednjscDined on 5/24/2014Although our food was good, I was not very impressed with my filet mignon. I requested it be cooked medium, which could be a risk, but the meat was not tender and was even a bit difficult to cut. At that price, I expected it to be better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Didn't care for the second floor, had reservations, and was put upstairs , very banquet like atmosphere .Special Features: