1905 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonedcrab.net/
- Phone: (610) 398-8060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ron Pickering
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Create your own party menu, to fit your budget, from our existing dinner menu. Attention to detail, no matter the size of your party.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Mathis 6103988060x
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour 5pm to 7pm. Reduced Drinks and Happy Hour Bar Apps & Martinis for $5.
Early Bird Specials Daily 4 to 5:30, Entrees include House Salad, Starch and Vegetable. Priced $11.95-$14.95. See our Website for Early Bird Selections at www.stonedcrab.net.
A word from Stoned Crab
Serving Lunch Monday thru Friday and Serving Dinner 7 days a week. Our Dinner Menu offers our customers many choices, so whether you’re in the mood for a Burger or a Lobster meal, we've got you covered. We feature a daily Happy Hour with Drink Specials. Come, relax and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Stoned Crab - Best Restaurants in Macungie ›
Stoned Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (23)romantic (21)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- awesomervegasDined on 12/28/2013We eaten here several times, thought it's about 40 minute drive it is quite worth the drive. Food is always great. Love the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!!diningqueenDined on 12/22/2013Very nice choice for our family "early" Christmas dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Nite Outme2youDined on 12/22/2013Burgers were great. Salads fresh and crisp. Pasta dish was cooked to perfection. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best !!!SteakloverDined on 12/21/2013We dine out quite frequently. We've never been to this restaurant previous to this visit. Overall this was the best dine-out meal we experienced in 2013. Period. Great food. The mushroom risotto was "the best I've ever had". The seafood was prepared perfectly and very tasty. Our waiter was awesome, never missed a beat and the timing of all our courses was perfect. I can't wait to return to the Stoned Crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodgoodtoeat2Dined on 12/18/2013service was good they offer alot of services while u eat .shrimp scampi was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll like this placeJakeDined on 12/13/2013Every dish we tried was excellent. A nice variety between the meat and fish dishes. The varied preparation methods made the dishes really interesting. Appetizers and soups were also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoned Crab is Excellent!DeniseCBDined on 12/12/2013Our experience at the Stoned Crab was excellent, a true neighborhood gem in Macungie. The service was great, and the food even better. Save room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesDrmareDined on 12/6/2013We always enjoy the food and service at Stoned Crab. And the convenience of being close to home. We like the early-bird special for my Mom who is 81 because of the smaller portions, but also always find something new to try. The only reason for the "energetic" noise level is because we ask for 1st floor seating - which is adjacent to the bar -- rather than climbing the steps to second level dining room. So there is a trade off. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food & unique cocktailsFoodbuffDined on 11/30/2013Food was great and the staff was super attentive. We ordered several cocktails - all of which tasted delicious and were unique. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousallaboutfoodDined on 11/30/2013We enjoyed our dining experience. I liked the privacy of the high-back booths. It was a little chilly by the window though. The service was excellent. We specifically picked the Stoned Crab for the raw oyster appetizer. We all agreed that the oysters were fresh and very tasty. Not as good as Cape May Salts but still very good. Two of us had the tenderloin steak special which was delicious. The steak was done perfectly to order. One person had the seafood combination and he said is was a generous portion and very good. It was very quiet so a little bacground music would have been nice. Our server was excellent! I would definitely go back again. Maybe for happy hour to get mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedBillDined on 11/20/2013Took wife and kids there for her 40th birthday. The food was incredible, great drink menu, accommodating for our kids(8-15yrs old) Server was incredibly courteous. A great experience overall. Will definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicefiofioDined on 11/17/2013The server was friendly and knowledgable but SLOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! It took over two hours to eat.Special Features:
- Awesome seafood!KarenDined on 11/16/2013When we are hungry for seafood, The Stoned Crab is our go-to restaurant. The atmosphere in the 2nd floor dining room is lovely, quiet and dimly lit. In the first floor bar and dining area, it's a bit noisier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date spotredeemerDined on 11/15/2013I actually had a nice evening here with my date. It was a pleasant experience, we dined upstairs and it was relatively quiet. The food was good and I really have no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice with a little too much barAgrajagDined on 11/12/2013Was here (upstairs) about 7 years ago for lunch with my parents. Always thought it would be a nice romantic spot and finally ended up coming for my fiancée's birthday. Was pretty nice but downstairs and it was a little "bar"y with a fairly large and kind of noisy crowd. Food was great (as was the sangria!) but it wasn't the super romantic night I had built up for ~7 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DidappointedBillDined on 11/11/2013I had the Ahi tuna and was disappointed with its quality and taste. If not entertaining out of town guests I would have sent it back and found another entree. For a seafood restaurant, I expected higher quality fish.Special Features:
- Menu needs workDinner42Dined on 11/8/2013The chef hasn't thought through all the dishes. Entrees and sides aren't paired and listed as "starches" like a cafeteria menu. The tuna had no rice offerings. I ordered it blackened and the seasoning was so strong it overpowered the meat. I love a little kick but could only eat half. Not many wines by the glass either. That makes it tough when your wife doesn't drink the same wine you do. All in all, it was "ok."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for seafoodjimmyCVIPDined on 11/8/2013This is a real gem!! I booked this for my wife and my sister and her husband to enjoy a "special" family night out. We grew up in Allentown and were back for a special event. I found it on line and it was a fantastic place-excellent food and service. Three of us had the Ahi tuna which was out of this world. My wife had the Gulf Coast Combination which again was excellent. Prices are reasonable for the excellent quality of the food. We had an excellent waiter that explained everything on the menu. When we are in the area we will comeback!! Jim CrawfordSpecial Features:
- Local gemLocal01VIPDined on 11/8/2013Great food at a reasonable price. Good choices for those who appreciate healthy options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAllenDined on 11/8/2013Food was amazing. From the mixed drinks, imported beer, to dessert, everything was top notch. This was my first time there - it's now my number one go-to for a nice dinner. Prices were moderate, but for the quality, were very low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with great peopleTable4fourDined on 10/26/2013The stoned crab was a great find. I knew of this establishment years ago. We recently decided to make reservations for an evening with family. It has been a while since we had the chance to see each other and we had a blast. Everybody loved the decor,our table location,and the food. Our experience made us realize how much we missed each other and how much we loved dining out. Noise was not a problem as perhaps we were a little loud ourselves at times. Our waiter was gracious and willing to accommodate us in any manner. The reviews I received from the individuals in my group in reference to the evening was outstanding. I assumed all the credit, it was my idea to dine there. We will be back. The sooner , the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualMooksterDined on 10/18/2013It's not a 5 star, expensive restaurant, it's an excellent value for good food. This trip the food was very good, the waitress was in a bad mood. Asked two questions I knew the answer to, she answered wrong both times. Bottom line is the food was very good, the price was very reasonable, and I'd recommend this restuarant to anyone looking for good food at a good price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGpolDined on 10/12/2013Found this restaurant on Open Table after my first choice did not have any availability. It was excellent.Special Features:
- It has been many years sincevas59Dined on 10/6/2013It has been many years since we've been to the Stoned Crab. The menu has changed and is limited with surprisingly few crab dishes. There were three of us and the meals were all good, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Stoned Crab is place to dine!WahooDined on 10/6/2013Wonderful dining experience with an unbelievable scallops special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this a Seafood Restaurant?MrKBladesDined on 10/4/2013Meal started well with the Crab Bisque. It was delicious!! I've had it before and it is definitely one of the best ever. I decided to order a combo of Steak & Fish and my wife had a pasta dish with seafood. The steak was very tender and well prepared. The same cannot be said for the fish or the shell fish in the pasta. The seafood did not taste fresh. It tasted like it was previously frozen. It was well prepared and the sauce was very good. Unfortunately that lack of quality of the seafood really brought the meal down. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was nice. For the price I would have expected better quality ingredients.
- AWESOME!!!!jamiensteveDined on 10/1/2013Service was great, food was OUT OF THIS WORLD! We had complimentary champagne...I will definitely return sometime again! Cozy place with five stars plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely bad food all around.2centsDined on 9/24/2013We had crab cakes and scallops. Everything was bad. The server was good she tried. We were in and out in 32 minutes
- DisappointingTKennDined on 9/21/2013We have seen this restaurant in all of the local magazines and were really looking forward to trying it out. We had reservations and were seated in a booth by the bar. The place had a funny smell and felt like an old pub with outdated decor. I got the Chesapeake chicken which was very, very bland. The roasted potatoes were pretty good, but nothing special. My husband got the seafood risotto and the scallops were very small. It was very overpriced for a mediocre meal. We won't be going back.
- Invited my husband for hisKim22Dined on 9/19/2013Invited my husband for his BD there and he had candle bd on his cake along with a champagne glass, offered: nice team and place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningMaiDeiDined on 9/13/2013so glad for the recommendation from a co-worker, good atmosphere, and surely impressed my client .. the bacon wrapped scallop skewer with mango sauce appetizer special was amazing! - definitely the highlight of the night. and I recommend the cold water lobster tail any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Prepared WellRonKDined on 9/12/2013They know how to prepare seafood. Quality is good, prices are moderate, menu is varied. Servers are efficient and unobtrusive. Only negative is that conversations from ajoining booths are easily discernableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPiperpowerDined on 9/8/2013My husband and I were looking for a special place for our anniversary dinner - and we found it! We were presented with a great meal and attentive service. I love raw oysters and SC serve some of the best. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome menuBJQuinnDined on 9/1/2013This menu was awesome. If you like seafood, you'll love this place. I could have eaten any one of the items on the menu. And my meal was spectacular. Highly recommend and will visit again.Special Features:
- Good Priced SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Lobster was good and the special of the evening. 2 nice la3ge size tails. Ambiance was a zero. We dressed up, everyone else in shorts and flip flops.Special Features:
- Food was great and servicemhosDined on 8/16/2013Food was great and service was excellent very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky and Satisfied.Julie6100Dined on 8/16/2013I've worked in the Restaurant industry and I am well known for my cooking . I know good food and good service. It can be a blessing or a curse depending on which restaurant I'm at. The Stoned Crab turned out to be a blessing. Our comfortable booth was ready for us when we arrived. My drink was just perfect., shaken nice and cold. The King crab legs with brown butter were amazing. My boyfriend never eats dessert so I ordered only one Cream Brulee. He took one bite and ended up spitting it right down the middle. We will be going again!Special Features:
- Was a special meeting/lunchfixerDined on 8/8/2013Was a special meeting/lunch with our Air Products clients.... very nice environment and excellent food and service. Clean and professional. ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Longstanding Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2013My wife and I visit the Stoned Crab several times annually. What we appreciate best is the consistency of the food. We're never dissappointed... Also, I entertain customers and appreciate the fact that they are open seven days a week. Many restaurants are closed on Mondays making it difficult to find a top notch place to dine. The Stoned Crab is always open and I count on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013Delicious food. Forgot my lobster tail but had it to me by the time I was done with my steak. Not super expensive but not cheap, $122 for me and my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.