5214 Ballard Avenue Northwest
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Ballard / Fremont
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stoneburnerseattle.com/
- Phone: 2066952051
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Stoneburner
New Italian Restaurant in Seattle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Stoneburner - Best Restaurants in Ballard / Fremont ›
Stoneburner reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (34)hot spot (33)special occasion (32)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (27)romantic (23)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delectable!SilkyDined on 10/21/2014My first time experiencing Seattle Restaurant Week!Even sitting in the farthest booth against the wall was still an excellent dining experience. We had the Gem Salad that seriously surprised our taste buds,Pork Belly meatballs with and ice-cream tower-of-melt in your mouth cheese,a fabulous hazelnut dessert which I had all to myself.Through all these flavors and smells,it was our SpanishWineFlight we were MOST pleased with.Absolutely some of the best wines I've tasted in my time and believe me I've tasted more than the average.Being a wine collector and enthusiast we were both in heaven.So much so we ordered a bottle of our favorite.Thanks to the staff for allowing us to take our time and be the last guests to leave.Special Features:
- Yummy pizza!NeenzDined on 10/21/2014Loved their onion and chanterelle pizza for Seattle Restaurant Week - portions were huge too!Special Features:
- Will Order Differently Next TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014Love the space. Was excited to dine after reading reviews. I made a reservation which turned out to be Restaurant Week. The server presented us with the regular and special menus. She recommended the special menu. So, the two of us shared 2 different salads, entrees and desserts. The salads were just fine. The Yukon Potato, Onion and Mushroom Pizza sounded delicious and may have been if it had not been totally burnt. The Pork Cheek meatballs were good and the desserts the best part of the meal. Perfect in size and extremely tasty. Tart sauce delicious. The 6 men sitting at the next table ordered beers and wonderful trays of meats, cheeses and assorted bread. I look forward to enjoying the same tray next time I dine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Awesome - they are A+ service oriented Even if you were a half an hour late for a Friday night reservation - THANK YOU!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheMOBOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014Always have a great experience at Stoneburner. Love the pasta.Special Features:
- Delicious food but....FoxysocksDined on 10/10/2014The food is always so delicious and the restaurant is beautiful! We have been to Stoneburner many times but my consistent complaint is that the staff is just not friendly. Basically, I don't feel welcomed...so much so that I no longer take our out of town guests to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in BallardBallardmomDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time to stoneburner- we had exceptional service, the wine list was excellent, our daughters had Shirley cocktails that were a far cry from the usual and quite tasty, the food was wonderful but a bit heavy handed with flavorings (salt, pepper, cheese). Our daughter who ordered off the adult menu ended up eating mostly her sisters pizza off the kid menu due to the heavy pepper on her pasta. The pastas are excellent and homemade with a wonderful texture. Also highly recommend the sugar snap peas with hazelnuts- delicious!!! Highly recommended but be careful with ordering off the adult menu for kids and caution to anyone with need for lower salt diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch spotSeemaDined on 10/5/2014Very nice place for a late Sunday brunch. The place was not too noisy or overcrowded. The menu was good and had a lot of choices. I actually could not decide what to get because there were so many options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IritikDined on 10/2/2014My new favorite restaurant in Seattle. Great food, cool design, very good service, very clean, very impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it lookssmallportionsVIPDined on 9/28/2014While it is your standard pretty looking restaurant... the food is only "Hotel Quality" I've eaten here twice and find the portions small and not very interesting.Special Features:
- sherrysherryDined on 9/13/2014second we dined there. Very very good food. The service is Great!Special Features:
- What a treat!BobcatDined on 9/12/2014Killer everything! Enjoy! Highly recommend the gnocchi and green beans that magically taste like a delicious hamburger due to amazing pickle and pan seared beans!!! YummmmySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional menuBaladeuseDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding and attentive service coupled with a delicious and creative menu assures a memorable dining experience. So good, that I would eat at stone burner every evening if possible - it's that good.Special Features:
- Charming yet a bit overblownFood4LifeDined on 9/3/2014A lovely interior, like walking inside a well-lit giant wine cask, only with a wall of wine bottles and a helpful, smiling staff. Between us we had the pork chop (about 1/3rd fat) and a slightly dry half-chicken. Both were seasoned well, a notch about home cooking. The slightly wilted salad was tossed with a yummy, creamy dressing. The veggies were oh, so lightly blanched. While fun and tasty, it did NOT live up to the $100 price for the two of us.
- Great Food and AtmosphereLove2DineOutDined on 8/31/2014This was the first time we dined here. We really liked the atmosphere and food. The brunch menu gave you a nice variety of brunch choices. Our server was nice and efficient. I had 2 eggs, smashed potatoes, bacon and toast. The bacon was amazing. The smashed potatoes were yummy. The eggs were cooked perfect. My husband had the French Toast and sausage, he loved it. My daughter had the breakfast sandwich, it was large, so she brought the leftovers home. Very nice dining experience. Next time we are in Ballard, we will return to this restaurant. We want to try it for dinner next time. The dinner menu looks good. After brunch we had fun walking and shopping through the Ballard Farmers Market. Great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my faves!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Love the food. Love the decor. Love the drinks! We always bring guests here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplimentsPushkinDined on 8/28/2014I had asked for a quiet table but realize there is no such thing in a restaurant anymore. Anyway, the food was outstanding along with our server. She was the best ever. I did not ask her name. Sheila MeadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoneburner great Ballard spot!cb13Dined on 8/26/2014Thy actually read my reservation note/request and the service was amazing! I love returning because the menu always has something new and delicious. This time the super tender pork was amazing but last fall's cauliflower ravioli is still my all time favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experiencePleasebeexceptionalDined on 8/17/2014We wanted a casual but nice dining experience and great food. Stoneburner was an excellent choice. We loved the variety, freshness and quality of each dish and the service was fun, friendly and helpful for first timers. The steak and pork chop were excellent, as were our salad and veggie choices. The tastes linger and entice - we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was the first time dining at Stoneburner, and we had a great experience all the way around. The table was ready for us right at our reservation time. It was a great table right near the open-front of the restaurant. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable - the food was amazing! We had the salmon special - cooked to perfection with light seasoning. Short rib pappardelle - very nice, had a wood-fired pizza - delish. All the dishes were beautifully prepared and very flavorful.Special Features:
- wanted to like itmrnibblesDined on 8/16/2014the few times i've been to Stoneburner for drinks the service was excellent the drinks were great and the appetizers were very tasty. I'm hoping my dinner there recently was a freak occurrence because the entrees were so over-salted that they were practically inedible. I will have to go again for a wider sample base. :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free HeavenbrowshaperDined on 8/14/2014I have only had lunch at this spot the one other time I dined, and this time dinner. Both were great experiences. I think they found the servers with the very best personalities on the planet to work at this place. Also, if you are allergic to gluten, this place is heaven. Lots of options. Good for Paleo folks, too. Love love love.Special Features:
- very expensive and poor serviceakq1Dined on 8/11/2014Service was painfully slow. Had two $10 meatball specials (good but very small portion), beet salad and one beer ave it came out to more than $50.
- WHAT A SPECIAL PLACE!!TAOSDined on 8/10/2014Requested a special table for a special event and we were not disappointed! We were greeted enthusiastically - our waitress and the host made our evening feel very special. The food was interesting and extremely good! We had a wonderful evening - this is indeed a special place for a special event. Ambience is lovely!Special Features:
- great food!ballardbabyVIPDined on 8/2/2014The pork chop is the best that I've ever tasted! It was cooked perfectly with an amazing rub on top and served with string beans and fried green tomatoes. My wife had the fish of the day which was salmon and she said it was simply delicious. We also had a refreshing snap pea salad and the heirloom tomato salad. An outstanding meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningdivaVIPDined on 7/25/2014I was here for my birthday lunch with my family and the service was wonderful the food was great it was this sunny day in Seattle. I couldn't been happier.I wanted to stick with vegetables for lunch and I had the most amazing cauliflower vegetable dish. I also ordered the snap peas that were sliced thin on the diagonal with almonds in a very light dressing. They are wonderful too. my husband have a meatball sandwich artist very good in my sons had the burger which they really enjoyed to. I would definitely go back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service good ambiance, but $$$seattlestephVIPDined on 7/22/2014I thought it was ok food but the price was a real put off. I thought the per glass wine offerings were a little on the high side. I ordered the meatballs and they were ok but again, I think I expected more. My husband's pizza was burnt but he was so hungry that he just decided to keep it. I must say the service was impeccable and the vibe of the place is awesome. Those two things are the only reason I would consider coming back.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LisaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Everything we ate was delicious.This sliced meats on the charcuterie plate were excellent, but pricey. Salads were fantastic, but pricey--the fig vinaigrette on the blistered gem lettuces was delicious. The frisee and endive was also fabulous. Entrees were priced fairly. I had the ricotta cavatelli-superb. Our son had the spicy salami fusilli--outstanding. My husband had the sausage pizza. Excellent. But probably the best part was this hazelnut piazza for dessert. OMG! The best chocolate dessert I have ever had. It was like a dense mousse. We also had the fresh cherry cobbler with fennel ice cream which was also to die for. The entrees were fairly priced. The salads were pricey as was the charcuterie plate. All the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place but poor servicejibsterDined on 6/30/2014Good food, nice ambiance but the wait staff continuously tried to remove food plates and drinks that we were unfinished without first asking if we were done. This was especially annoying because the place had many empty tables as we were there after lunch but before dinner so there was no need and it makes the patron feel that they're being rushed out. And when you have to tell them more than once, "I'm not finished with that yet" you do wonder if you'd want to return.
- Brunch in BallardSeaTownJoeDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to Stoneburner for brunch and I thought it was very successful. The French Toast with Sausages was an amazing bread pudding that a huge slab is cut from then cooked like a traditional French toast. Wonderful!Special Features:
- The following 157 reviews are from the Stoneburner reviews archive.
- Sunny day in paradiseOutandaboutDined on 6/22/2014We had a great dinner experience at Stoneburner; our server was personable and professional, we got the best seat in the house in a bar booth, open to the outdoors with their sliding window wall. This chef has a way with veggies and side dishes. Everything was unique, beautifully presented, and you leave satisfied but not heavy and stuffed.Special Features:
- Stoneburner is a winner!issyfoodieDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at Stoneburner three times since they opened and each time has been terrific. The menu is always changing to incorporate seasonal produce, some of which is grown in the roof top garden at Bastille, as well as fabulous housemade charcuterie and whatever great fresh items are available. The dishes are inventive and delicious and you can either go with small plates to share or with larger entrees. The service is always good and several of the wait staff remembered us from our previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJTeatsDined on 6/21/2014Glad I made a reservation because it was busy. Clearly a neighborhood gem, great selection of drinks. My lingcod was cooked perfectly and the Fusilli was excellent. Nice job! See you again soon.Special Features:
- Good food, bad noiseLuckyLaniVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was great and the service was fine, if a bit slow, but the noise level was unbearable. Never mind that you couldn't have a conversation, earplugs were actually called for. Suggest requesting to sit either outside on a nice day or in one of the booths behind the reception podium and across from the kitchen, where the noise level seemed to be more realistic.Special Features:
- Excellent!!Guy1Dined on 6/19/2014Great good, great service, good wines, and great location opening out into Ballard Ave! We did the cheese and meat plate, salad, cauliflower, (amazing!), and pizza. I was worried after reading reviews that we would not have enough food. It was all great and we ended up leaving a piece of pizza! Absolutely have to start with the meat & cheese board!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiscoveryVinoguyVIPDined on 6/19/2014This one year old restaurant is an absolute gem. Furnished with fascinating pieces discovered during the owners' world travels, the innovative food is equal to the very charming ambience. Priced fairly, as well. And bright employees who are genuinely friendly.Special Features:
- Fabulous new spotMg98119VIPDined on 6/14/2014Love this place! Have been twice and had a great time (and fantastic food) on both occasions. The menu is really interesting, with a definite Italian bent, though I think of it more as just a small plates restaurant. The pork chop is amazing (though huge), and the deep-fried olives are also not to be missed. They also have a rotating charcuterie & cheese selection with some really interesting options. Wine list is also good. Very Italian-focused, and super reasonably priced (most bottles in the 40-70 range, with some nicer options). Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Thought the food, service and decor were excellent.Special Features:
- Fun evening out for birthdayLovesYumsDined on 5/30/2014I took my husband here to celebrate his birthday (left the kids home with a sitter!), and we had a lovely time. The food was delicious and fresh and innovative, and our server was very sweet and attentive. It was a good place for a date. We had a table, but sitting at the bar would also have been fine. A friend has said that it is also family friendly, which is nice. We went around 8 p.m., and we didn't see any families. It seemed like everyone was having a good time! Also, even though the food is high quality, the service is well-paced. No long wait for the food; just enough time to enjoy some conversation. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another sign Ballard is coming up!BobbyDined on 5/30/2014Food was very good. Service was very good (sommelier was superior). I did not find it noisy but it certainly was bustling as one would expect from a busy restaurant. I found the permanent pizza tray on the table a bit unnecessary since we weren't having pizza but it did not significantly distract from the otherwise great night. I will go back.Special Features: