Stone Werks - The Rim
5807 Worth Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78257Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone Werks - The Rim
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonewerks.com/
- Phone: 210-558-9898x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hector Ontiveros
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available for parties up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Bernal 210-558-9898x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday & Saturday night.
A word from Stone Werks - The Rim
Open for lunch, dinner, and late night. Great food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Werks - The Rim reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- FIRST TIMERlove2tvlDined on 9/13/2014The 4 of us had different dishes and loved them all. I had Pecan crusted chicken. The best. I think we had a new server because he seemed nervous. But all in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Perfect date night, family dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere for families and groups. Perfect patio scene with random band acts for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014Our experience began poorly having to return 2 drinks at the bar. A dirty martini should be mostly transparent - not dark yellow-green and extremely salty. When I finally asked for a plain Grey Goose martini it was delivered with the glass half-full, a very poor attitude from the bartender and a cost of $13.50! The restaurant did not record our Open Table reservation, even though I informed them when arriving, so we had to go through the appeal process for credit. The grilled mahi was outstanding and I would recommend that plate for anyone who appreciates fish. We will return again as we go here often and love the food, but next time I will ask for the manager if the bar is anything like this last time.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was a very rewarding dining experience. Best that I've had since moving here from Colorado 2 1/2 years ago! The management was the best I've ever seem in the restaurant Bussiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not For RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Good place if going out for drinks or with a group of people. Not the best place for a romantic evening with your significant other....at least not for me. Was way to noisy...sat at the bar area and took 10 minutes to just get a menu. Food can be over priced but however the drinks are no where near watered down. Again, a good place for friends, groups, or just going out for drinks to have a good time. By the way, the outside music is nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencespurrickDined on 7/5/2014Frequent Stonewerks and this evening the live music in patio was really good. Only negative today was they were out of some dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Stone Werks - The Rim reviews archive.
- great findtrakahn2Dined on 5/11/2014we ate at stonewerks at the room for Mother's Day. We were seated outside on the patio as we are. The menu was very good. The food was awesome service was great. The only glitch was they were out of the desert they wanted. Beautiful restaurant and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCal2NYCVIPDined on 4/26/2014I had seen this restaurant for some time now. However never wanted to try it. Boy was I wrong, great food, great service. This is my new spot in S.A. A must try. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Easter BrunchPickyDined on 4/20/2014They had a great menu for the brunch Easter. But what was really great was that the regular selections were available also. The food was excellent. They have plenty TVs. All in all an enjoyable experience. The staff was friendly and helpful also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchWelltraveledDinerDined on 4/20/2014Not sure how often StoneWerks does brunch, but it was great on Easter Sunday. Ordering ala cart is nice because you order items cooked fresh for you. Everything was great....goat cheese omelet, Belgian waffle, oysters/shrimp, bloody marys, etc. I thought the prices were reasonable (especially compared with a lot of Easter buffet type brunches at some other restaurants), which made it comfortable ordering everything we wanted to try. Recommend it.Special Features:
- Anniversary date.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My wife & I had always been curious about this place, we were very pleased, with the attention we received. Also the food was fantastic, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and niceSATFoodieDined on 4/20/2014Good for families, date night, groups... seriously, one of my favorite places. Comfort and service keep us coming back. The food is well prepared, but nothing crazy creative which is just fine. Love the wings, kids menu, fish tacos, artichoke dip and raw oysters. Good happy hour too!Special Features:
- Brunch was okayxxxxxxxDined on 4/20/2014Brunch was just okay. I went here for Mother's Day brunch several years ago (3) and it was the exact same menu-- huge disappointment. I would have thought that the menu should have changed in the last three years, especially since there were only 4 or 5 items to choose from. I got a goat cheese and spinach omelet (which was the same thing I got three years ago) but there was hardly any goat cheese in it. I got a waffle for my daughter that said it came with berry topping but no berry topping arrived. I ordered my daughter juice and the waitress brought it in a 20 oz cup (because it was $3). No person needs to drink this much juice in one day-- offer a kids size please! Overall I love this restaurant but brunch needs some work.Special Features:
- Good eatsWineDineDesertDined on 4/18/2014Food was great tasting even better with no wait. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing dinner asCarloDined on 4/11/2014We had an amazing dinner as usual. Food was great and our waitress Naomi was super friendly and on top of things. Thank u!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid General Food RestaurantSantaFeFoodSnobDined on 3/30/2014No spectacular unique creations here, but a solid, general-food restaurant for a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraduationhappyfeetDined on 3/27/2014Chose Stone werk for my graduation dinner. It was my first experience at the restaurant which my guest and both enjoyed. I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Chris's section. He'sShayDined on 3/26/2014Ask for Chris's section. He's the best server there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Enjoyed porkchop in peach reduction the first time I ordered a couple of months ago. It was tender, juicy & well seasoned. Ordered it last night found the veggies to live up to expectation but not so much with the chop this time. Overall my party enjoyed the meal! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Family outtingAshleyVIPDined on 3/15/2014We were looking for a close place for a decent family meal after a day at Six Flags. Stone Werks came up on Open Table so we gave it a try. The menu is well rounded and the items we ordered were well prepared. Service was good, and the prices were reasonable. Not a very extensive wine list if you are a wine person, as I am, but they do have an full bar. Overall it's a good option for a decent meal, at a decent price, and it's family friendly.W.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinner63VERTDined on 3/14/2014Saturday dinner Saved about an hour wait time by using this service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience.ShayDined on 3/13/2014Always a good experience. Food is yummy and there are lots of choices. Great cocktails and a great patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmoshpere!happyDined on 3/8/2014Very impressed by Stone Werks! The food is delish and the drinks are cold! Will definitely come back and bring more people!Special Features:
- Always positive vibeLuvGFoodDined on 2/28/2014Great bar! Great vibe...love both inside and outside bars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chill nightDr1nkerDined on 2/15/2014Overall a pleasant experience, with the exception of our waitress. We were not attended as frequent as we'd have liked. A plus, the manager came over to say hello and to check to see how we were doing. It was an appetizer evening, all the food was above our standards. Delicious, perfect temperature, and beautiful layout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceBlinkoDined on 2/15/2014Went @ 530. It wasn't very crowded or noisy, which allowed for great conversation. The kitchen was slow, but our waiter didn't let us feel forgotten. Most impressed by the drinks made; I ordered chiltons and bartender came by the table to ask what brand of vodka I wanted then came back later to see if I enjoyed it .... Best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone WerksRobertDined on 2/14/2014It was a very good place to eat. The food was very tasty. The price was well worth it based on quality. Other than them not having any record of your reservation it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restuarantHalroshimaDined on 2/8/2014I've gone here several times. Awesome selection of food, good service. Good environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off ok......DavidDined on 2/8/2014Walked right in and got seated. Waiter was prompt. We got our drinks fairly quickly. Unfortunately it went downhill from there. Food service was incredibly slow. it took at least 30 minutes to get our food. When mine finally arrived it was luke warm at best. I told the waiter and he said he could get it reheated or another one made. My wife was half way thru her meal already. I suggested he tell someone about the food quality. Unfortunately no manager stopped by to ask or say anything. To make it worse we have to wait another 10 minutes just to get out bill so we could leave.
- Excellent Service & Great FoodBaileyDined on 2/8/2014We had dinner at Stone Werks last Saturday night after a late afternoon movie. We scheduled a reservation thru Open Table for 7:00pm, a very popular time for a Saturday night dinner. We were immediately seated and drink orders taken. Our guacamole appetizer was plentiful and very tasty. For dinner, we shared an order of kobe sliders and pulled pork tacos and once more were pleased with the flavors and serving size. In the future we will return to this venue to test out the pizza menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enough!imafrecklefaceDined on 2/5/2014I have tried something different each time we visit, and I have yet to be disappointed. This has easily become one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, very expensive drinksImagineFreedomDined on 1/31/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary. Service was very slow. At least five minutes for a greet. Table next to us waited over ten. Ordered spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer, it was tasty but the focaccia was unexpectedly covered with cheese which overpowered the dip. Tall vanilla porter ran about $10, nearly the price of some entrees. Prime rib was succulent. Peach glazed pot chop was cooked perfectly, just a hint of pink and juicy. Restaurant was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 1/17/2014Very disappointed....our server was terrible. We ordered the large thick onion rings and they sent out the smaller shoe string version. She took them back and returned to explain they wasn't cooking anymore due to being an unpopular item. We were sitting by the preparation area and witnessed large onion rings going out.Special Features:
- Our waiter Kyle was great!Mandy0677Dined on 1/11/2014Our waiter Kyle was great! Very polite and new the menu well. Stayed on top of our drinks and was great to talk to. I checked-in and was showed to my table right away. NO WAIT! Shrimp tacos were....okay. I though they lacked a bit of flavor. The fajita nachos were very good! Beer was cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just love the options theyHec45VIPDined on 1/11/2014I just love the options they have for appetizers! You can eat just appetizers and try so many great choices!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had wonderful New YearsdrummDined on 12/31/2013We had wonderful New Years Eve!! The atmosphere was great!!Special Features:
- new years evetexasgirl06Dined on 12/31/2013Everything was fabulous. It was a great start to our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Had dinner at 7:00pm on new years eve. Wonderful experience our first time here. We had a group of 4. Outstadning and well run establishment. The manager was walking around making sure all was going well-great to see especially on a busy NYE. The food was outstanding. Ended night with 4 desserts....we are all still talking about these. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveling GourmandTravelingGourmandVIPDined on 12/27/2013With our Open Table reservation we were seated promptly even with the post Christmas shopper crowd. We both ordered dinner salads being well aware of the feasts and treats consumed the week prior. The salads were large, freshly prepared and satisfying. Stone Werks at the Rim will remain a regular favorite of ours.Special Features:
- Great food, waiter was forgetful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Stone Werks was the restraint we chose to celebrate our anniversary. As far as the food went, everything was amazing. Everything came out quickly, but our waiter was forgetful about silverware, and my wife's additions to our order. He wasn't very friendly either, but I truly can't hold that against the restaurant, the overall experience was pleasurable and we will definitely be going back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.