Stone Werks - Lincoln Heights
999 East Basse,Suite 130
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone Werks - Lincoln Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonewerks.com/
- Phone: 2108283508x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Palomo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available for parties up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Aaron Sowder 2108283508x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday & Saturday night.
A word from Stone Werks - Lincoln Heights
Open for lunch, dinner, and late night. Great food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Werks - Lincoln Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good choice for late nightDinerOutDined on 9/16/2014We did get the restaurant about 9:30 & were advised the restaurant did close @ 10 pm, however, the bar would remain open until 11 pm. The service was a bit slow even though there were few table. At one point it did feel as we the staff would have preferred we not be there. Any way the food was good & would go back.Special Features:
- birthday dream come truetslvsraiDined on 8/31/2014Took my wife to Stone Werks for her birthday and she was BLOWN AWAY! Perfectly cooked dinner not one complaint! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchesVIPDined on 8/26/2014Not as impressed with the service at this location as at the RIM in San Antonio. Food was decent as usual, they were out of my tea which was annoying, and forgot my husband's salad.
- What a disappointment!CherVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our 5th visit (3rd for dinner). Husband's sea bass was good, but slightly burnt and the portion was small. I ordered the salmon, looking forward to the outstanding dish from our last visit. What a disappointment! The salmon was tough and overcooked, the stuffing was hard in places, and the sauce was soupy. I did tell the server (who was very sweet) and she returned with "better" sauce. Unfortunately, it was still soupy, not creamy. She offered to replace the dish, but I had, by this time, eaten some of it, we had time issues, and I really did not want to have to complain AGAIN. Still hungry,ordered the Blueberry cobbler (out of Peach). Dough was hard and unedible. Made it a really expensive bowl of ice cream. Next time prime rib!
- Good Place to EatEarly2eatDined on 8/1/2014I found Stone Werks to be a very pleasant & good place to eat. Our service was very good, but since it was not very crowded, it may not have been the best time to make this judgement. We were a little puzzled about our reservations, though. I had asked for a 6PM reservation on-line. It said either 5:30 or 5:45. I then asked for either 6:15 or 6:30. It still came back with the 5:30 & 5:45 choices. I took the 5:45 time even though I was concerned that my friends would not be able to make it by then. When my wife & I arrived, a large majority of the tables were empty & remained empty for most of the time we were there. As it turned out, this was more a curiosity than a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for lunchArleneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our server was personable and helpful. The food was fresh tasting and visually appealing. I highly recommend the seared tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTableFanVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was ok, but nothing special. I am not sure if our waiter had ever eaten out in a restaurant before. I ordered a dinner salad with blue cheese dressing and an entree. When the entree was served (by someone other than our waiter), I asked about the salad. Our waiter came over in a couple minutes and said "oh, the salad will be out shortly". I asked the waiter to take the entree and keep it warm until after my salad. I did get a salad shortly, but it was a caeser salad, not a dinner salad. By that time, I was too discouraged to ask to have it changed again. So, I ate my caeser salad (with blue cheese dressing), then ate my (warmed over, so dried out) trout entree. Needless to say, I will not be back again.
- Sat at bar for happy hourNickVIPDined on 7/13/2014Drinks and oysters were great. Service at the bar was top notch.
- Birthday DinnerCherVIPDined on 7/5/2014Everything on the menu looked great (this was our second visit). We chose wisely, thanks to Ben, our server. My salmon was delicious, with real stuffed crayfish and an amazing cream sauce. My husband's prime rib was flavorful and the meat was tender. Can hardly wait to return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Stone Werks - Lincoln Heights reviews archive.
- Huge portionsWinegeek03VIPDined on 6/21/2014Although the prices seemed in line with the San Antonio restaurant scene, the portions were huge. Appetizers were the spinach and artichoke dip and fresh made guacamole of which were so sizable we even took home leftovers to leave room for our our main courses. The soup and half sandwich was a full bowl, not cup, of chicken poblano soup and a 2" thick filled chicken salad sandwich. The salads were both large enough there were full meal take home potions left as well. Oh yes, it was top quality, made from scratch, delicious food as wellSpecial Features:
- Great again!Lezlie409Dined on 6/18/2014Another great evening at Stone Werks! Brandyn took great care of us--even put the jalapenos in my olives for my martini! Sweet! Food was great--we love their flatbread pizzas. And the rest of the group were happy happy with the oysters! Lots of reasons to keep coming back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's Day4FroggerDined on 5/11/2014My mom had a very pleasant afternoon at Stonewerks. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience.bigwillytDined on 3/29/2014Great overall experience. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exciting nighttanyaDined on 3/7/2014Had a wonderful time and the waitress was super nice and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It just might happen tonightSayWhatDined on 2/14/2014My waiter was not very good at communicating which is an art form required for this industry. He got in the way of both the experience and the food. Overall this was a very nice restaurant with a lot of potential to have fun, upscale or low key. I enjoyed the space itself and the vibrance. Both locations are similar yet unique and offer an opportunity to have a burger, steak or comfort food with enough of a twist not to scare you off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013only issue was i wish the waiter took time to explain menu instead of jus asking what we want..but love it other than that AWESOME DRINKS!!!!!!! GREAT PRICE 3 ALCHOL DRINKS AND 2 DINNERS ONLY 64.00 GREAT PRICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhNewLocalsDined on 8/15/2013Made a reservation here because they take large parties. Was underwhelmed by the food & service. Fish tacos were bland, mojito made with Sprite (yuk), food took a long time to come out; waiter forgot who had what entree. I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great FindDekeDined on 7/13/2013Our group really enjoyed the variety of menu selections. We were expecting a "pub" atmosphere and were pleasantly surprised to find a very upscale sports-bar. However, TVs were not obtrusive but viewable. Service was great and the food was exceptionally unique. Will definitely return when back in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerARS2013Dined on 7/3/2013The food was great. Service was good. Enjoyed the ambience of the whole Evening. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a lite dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013We were given the stone werks as a good place for a relaxed dinner. Good mix of american style dining with pretty much something for everyone. Service was good and the noise level was fine. Food came to the table pretty quickly and the waiter was attentive. As always we ordered too much but it was all very tasty. The only issue was the AC was causing condensation to occasionally drip onto the table from the vents overhead. The weather was awful (2nd wettest day in san Antonio's history) so that may well have had something to do with it. Overall good value for money and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayfleazDined on 5/12/2013We had the most wonderful waitress. Her name was Crystalin. She was very attentive and friendly. She made having mother's day at Stone Werks a wonderful experience. This is the first time using open table and I think I continue to use it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day a messKimboDined on 5/12/2013I know that Mother's Day is one of most dreaded in restaurant business, but this doesn't excuse poor quality at Stonewerks on this visit. Slow is an endear statement. Eggs Benedict was awful- English muffin too hard to cut through and eggs and sauce way overlooked. We didn't get fruit sides as advertised and got toast as a side to already carb heavy meal. Bummer.
- Mothers Day BrunchPamFamDined on 5/12/2013Had a wonderful Mothers Day brunch/lunch. Live jazz and $2.50 mimosas, sangria, and bloody Mary's. yes :) great place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!CherVIPDined on 5/11/2013Started with the crayfish/mushroom appetizer-delicious. We both had the soup and sandwich combo, which we could have shared. The chicken salad was very good. The poblano soup was good, but could have been thinned out- more gravy texture than soup. Try and get Kristin as server-good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stonewerks for partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013We had a great time at Stonewerks. The hostess put our group away from the bar which was perfect because we were able to enjoy the music but it was not as loud as the bar area. The food was good and the drinks were excellent. We plan on having many more group dinners at Stonewerks.Special Features:
- Burger timeThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 4/13/2013Burgers are top notch. Service professional and courteous. On arrival our waiter suggested we hurry with our drink order to take Advantage of the last 10 minutes of happy hour. Sweet!Special Features:
- Usually have a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Usually have a great experience at this Stone Werks. Not this time. Wrote a private note to restaurant.
- Everything was great otherOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Everything was great other than our salads came with our entrees or after our entrees. Our waiter apologized numerous times for the delay and was willing to accommodate us though, and that was really great of him to do.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining space greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Outdoor dining space great place for parties especially on a beautiful night like last Friday.Special Features:
- Surprisingly disappointedDebSADined on 2/23/2013We dine out at Stonewerks often, and have always had a wonderful experience. However, this particular experience was not up to your usual standards. First of all, we made a reservation, but were seated in the bar. Why? Also, our server, Josh, although very nice, seemed distracted. He just wasn't "all there." Without going into specifics, he forgot several things, including knives for steaks. Our steaks sat there getting cold for at least 8 minutes. A lot of "little" things became annoying, and nothing I would normally complain about, but we were very disappointed in the service because we have come to expect so much more from Stonewerks.
- I had a small group (5) forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I had a small group (5) for my birthday and I had a really great time! The server was really fun and excellent. He took great care of us.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the great food whileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Enjoyed the great food while still able to conduct a casual business lunch.Special Features:
- Great place, nestled closedkrivera1010Dined on 2/15/2013Great place, nestled close to the Quarry for those who know SA. Definitely would like to check this place out when my wife and I have more time, music and atmosphere were great!Special Features:
- Thank you so much for accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Thank you so much for accomodating our group. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- Food was ok...a little overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2013Food was ok...a little overpriced for what they served.Special Features:
- Had no problems making last-minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2012Had no problems making last-minute reservations for a fun New Years Eve dinner. Service was surprisingly fast, even from the kitchen. Our waiter was attentive without hovering. The Rustic pizza (prosciutto, cheese, arugula) was amazing. Overall a fun place to be.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Excellent lunch experience for me and my party of three. Waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable and your food offerings were outstanding and a very good value. Eamonn GrantSpecial Features:
- The only problem I had wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012The only problem I had was that it was too loud!! We were screaming across the table to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Mother's Day - food was lessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Mother's Day - food was less than normal, not bad but not great either. Service was also sporadic - good for a while then non-existent then good again. Usually a very good restaurant - just ok this time.Special Features:
- The decor is wonderful. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The decor is wonderful. Service & food were great!Special Features: